One of my favorite things about blogging and running a business on the internet is that you can connect with anyone around the world at any given time. This holds true for both connecting with your blog audience, but also with entrepreneurs, mentors, business experts and more.
This is completely different from the traditional world of business and advertising in that everyone is so willing to share information and help others around them. Think if you ran a local business and wanted to get the advice from other competing local businesses in your area — they would probably laugh in your face and tell you to leave.
However, in the world of online business, everyone is going out of their way to not only help those around them, but also willingly sharing their own success, failures and everything in between. That is exactly why the internet has progressed to what it is today.
In the infographic below, which was originally featured on ZacJohnson.com, we get to share 101+ actionable tips from leading experts and authorities on the internet today, with a few of my favorites listed below.
- Analyze your competition and replicate what’s working for them.
- Learn from other businesses mistakes and avoid making the same ones.
- Break down your goals into bite sized tasks, which will help increase your odds of achieving them.
- Build relationships.
- Set goals every day.
- Get your first customer asap.
Yaro Starak @yarostarak
- Growth can only come when you know whom you are trying to reach.
- Identify your 80/20 tasks – activities that deliver the big outcomes and ignore the rest.
Kristi Hines @kikolani
- Creating and distributing a lot of content with freelance writer in my author bios.
- Engaging on social media networks and groups with freelance writers in my social profile bios.
Sue Anne Dunlevie @sueannedunlevie
Guest blogging. My mentor, Jon Morrow, says to do 4 guests posts a month. Blog commenting.
- Reinvest. Don’t be afraid to reinvest profiles back into the business.
- Hire early. Personal expense reduction.