In this article, you will find 20 ways to make money online. The list is not in any particular order. By the end of this article I hope your able to use one of these strategies to put some change in your pocket.
1. Answering Questions: There are sites that pay you for answering questions or giving advice. Everyone is an expert about something. I have composed a list of different sites that will pay you for your opinion.
2. Small Biz Advice
4. Answer Gem
5. Ace College Classes
6. Live Person
11. Web Answer
13. Student of Fortune
14. Know Brainers
15. Just Answer
16. Help Owl
2. Freelancer: Do you have any services to offer others? Become a freelancer and get paid for your services. Here is a list of sites where you can join to post your services.
5. Task Army
9. Fiffy Town
12. Seven Stew
3. Online Surveys: Did you know by giving your online opinion about services is a quick way to make money online. Take online surveys and get paid. Here are some sites that help you make money by taking surveys.
1. Clear Voice Surveys
2. My View
3. Dollar Survey
5. My Survey
7. Zoom Panel
8. Permission Research
9. Global Test Market
10. Hot Spex
11. Test Spin
12. Survey Spot
13. Opinion Outpost
14. Survey Scout
4. Write Reviews: Write a blog review in your blog and get paid. The top sites to sign up for writing a review. A perfect example of this can be seen within this how to start a jewelry business guide. There are plenty of reviews and tutorials online for how to do this, but this is a great example to follow if you are trying to create a reference guide for others who read your site.
2. Review Stream
3. Social Spart
4. Pay Per Post
5. Expo TV
6. Software Judge
8. Buy Blog Reviews
9. In Blog Ads
10. Review Me
13. Opinion Outpost
14. Sponsored Reviews
16. Blogger Wave
17. Blogging Ads
19. Shared Reviews
20. Blog to Profit
5. Social Networks: Join a social network for free and get paid for distributing their services. Here are some social networks that are free to join.
1. My Likes
2. Mag Pie
8. Sponsored Tweets
6. Sell Your Products: You can make extra money also by selling your own products that you’re currently not using. The great thing about online is you can sell pretty much anything. When selling your products I can compose a list of sites.
7. Sell Your Images: Sell your photos online and make money. Here are some sites that allow you to make money by selling images.
8. Revenue Sharing Websites: The revenue sharing websites are a terrific way to make money by writing articles. I have composed the top list of sites that pay you.
9. Get Paid For Shopping: A great way to earn money is getting paid for regular purchases online. Every time you make a purchase online you get cash back. Here are some sites that will help with cash back after shopping.
4. Big Crumbs
10. Selling Other Peoples Product (Affiliate Marketing): You can also join a network or affiliate program to sell other people’s product and make money online. Here is a list of companies you can join for free.
1. Commission Junction
4. Amazon Associates
5. eBay Partnet Network
8. Google Affiliate Network
11. Design Your Own Products: Create and sell your own designs and make money. I have enlisted some of my favorite sites.
8. Gela Skins
9. Big Cartel
12. Buy Stocks Online: Another great way to make money online is by buying stocks online. Here are a couple of sites that offer stock services.
13. Passive Income: Make money from your online content by placing ads on your blog from different advertisers that will pay you for every click. Here are some sites you can join.
1. Google Adsense
2. Yahoo Publisher Network
3. Bid Vertiser
14. Donation Button: If you have a website which provide free content you can add a donation button. This will encourage visitors to give a donation just because they are appreciative of your services.
15. Application Tester: There are companies that pay you for testing their apps. Utest is one of the many companies that pay you for the services.
16. Customer Service: There are many companies hiring people for customer service. All you would need is an Internet connection and landline to do the services. Here are some companies you can hire:
1. Alpine Access
2. Working Solutions
17. Flip Domains: You can buy expire domains and then resell them for more money.
18. Online Coach: Become an online coaching mentor. For example, Tony Robbins.
19. Read Emails: Get paid from the comfort of your home by reading emails. Here are a couple of sites to sign up for the service.
20. Ebook: Create an e-book and sell it to make money from it.
3 Actionable Tips for Bloggers to Reduce Email Bounce Rates
List building is one of the things you hear and read about everyday in blogging and content marketing. Email marketing in itself is a whole lot of work put together. Many successful bloggers have succeeded to build a large list for their businesses and that works with a lot of attraction.
Well, the size of your email list isn’t always a point. The quality and relevance are the most important factors. These go a long way to affect your bounce rate which is a corner stone in email marketing. We will be talking about this a bit below but let me quickly brush out a few reasons to start building a list for your blog if that’s not being done now.
Why you need an email list for your blog
Many bloggers blog for different reasons. However, there are things we all need to succeed. These include a growing and engaging community and targeted traffic that converts.
Once someone visits your blog for the first time, you have the chance to convert that first timer reader into a repeat visitor. One of the most effective ways to do this is to capture him into your list.
Your email list basically is an ever-green source of targeted traffic. You can always turn to it and be sure to increase your page views.
Many of my faithful customers are found on my list. This makes it an interesting source of passive income. Your email list is a huge part of your marketplace that can be tapped into any time of the day.
Whether you are blogging to make money or just for the fun of it, if you care about keeping your readers and reaching out to them at will, start building your list right this moment.
Email Bounces can really hurt your email marketing
An email bounce occurs when your message is returned to you the sender because it cannot be delivered. Note that messages being caught into SPAM is completely a different thing. This has to do with your Inbox Placement Rate. Though Email Deliverability rate is a big game that should be treated apart, we want to deal with messages that are rejected by the destination email server.
Now, this has an impact on your sending reputation. The higher the reputation score, the more likely ISPs (Internet Server Providers) will deliver your emails to the inboxes of recipients.
The more your email bounce rate, the lower your reputation and the more the chances of your sender ID getting blacklisted.
Recommended: 10 Email Marketing Do’s and Don’ts for Bloggers
But What causes Email Bounces
A bounce will take place for the single reason that the destination server rejects the message. What are some of the reasons for this rejection?
1 – The destination email address doesn’t exist
This is one of the most common reasons for high email bounce rates. You send a message to an address that either doesn’t exist on the server or the domain name is not found. This generally is referred to a Hard Bounce, when an email is permanently bounced back to the sender because the email address is invalid or not found.
Why does an email hard bounce happen?
- There is a spelling error in the address: firstname.lastname@example.org instead of email@example.com
- The email submitted to your list is completely never created – junk email
- The contact address was completely deleted by the administrator for some internal reasons.
- The domain name does not exist (maybe it’s expired, error in spelling, parked, etc)
2 – The destination email address is valid but something isn’t right
A Soft, temporal Bounce will take place in this case. The destination address is valid but the server returns the message to sender for a couple of reasons:
- User has reached the email quota limit. Simply put, the inbox is full
- Email too large for recipient’s inbox
- Server was temporally down when message hit
Given that soft bounces are temporal, you may not need to worry so much about this. Their impact on your marketing may not be as harsh.
However, Hard Bounces should be taken with a serious attention. Continuous bounces are a bad signal and the email marketing systems are smart enough to figure this out.
3 tips to Reduce your email bounce rate and boost conversion
Ok now you know what email bounce rate is and why you should start building your own list. These are some quick tips to reduce your bounce rate and improve your marketing experience:
1 – Make sure only on valid addresses are submitted to your list
In my opinion, this is something that’s quite easy to handle. First, allow your readers submit their contacts by themselves through a lead capture form.
Use the double opt-in facility provided by many email marketing tools. This will make sure that the contact submitted by the reader is valid. An invalid address will never find its way through the double opt-in validation wall.
The way this works is very simple…
When the reader submits the email to your list, your tool will place it in an inactive mode. At the same time, a validity tracking link is messaged to the address. If this link is clicked within the activation period, that will simply mean the address is able to receive mails, making it valid.
Not using the double opt-in checking method is simply allowing readers to submit junk emails to your list. Looking the negative effects of bounces, this isn’t something I think you’d be comfortable with.
2 – Constantly clean up your list
While the double opt-in validation method makes sure you only allow valid addresses on your list, there are chances that some of these addresses get dropped of with time. You must therefore be able to clean up and get rid of these invalid subscribers.
There are two ways to do it:
1 – Manually filter out and delete contacts that have not opened your campaign during a specific period. Generally, I do remove contacts that have been ideal for half a year.
3 – Avoid using Email Extractors
A quick way to hurt your blog’s email list is to use an email scraper. First, harvesting emails in this way is illegal in many countries. You don’t have the consent of the owners to mail them.
This will bring another set of problems:
- High unsubscription rate
- Your campaigns will be marked as spam by many of these illegally gotten subscribers.
These two actions will trigger red flags and place you at a permanently suspicious position with many marketing platforms.
I hope these three tips are helpful as you strive to build a profitable email list for your blog. Drop a comment and let me know what you think about.
How Can You Write Content Like a Pro?
Write your butt off. This is the way to write content for your blog like a pro. No simpler or more direct way exists for writing content like a professional blogger because writing practice is the way to writing like a pro. Of course, most bloggers only write when publishing posts so get little practice and write like amateur bloggers.
I wrote and continue to write millions of words between my blog posts, guest posts, e-books and in the past, through my blogging writing practice. Open up a Word document. Write. Write 500 to 1000 words daily. Close the document. Trash the document. Simply writing regularly makes you write like a pro because your confidence and clarity mushrooms quickly with writing practice. Do not be like bloggers who only write for publishing posts. This crowd gets little practice and never becomes pro bloggers because they do not practice their prime skill, writing, enough. Imagine if LeBron James only shot baskets and dribbled during official games? He never would have made the NBA. He practiced for tens of thousands of hours in private, with nobody looking, in a gym by himself, to become the top pro basketball player who shines in a public, pro setting.
Practice in private. Shine in public. That is the way it goes with any skill in life. Writing like a pro blogger also requires you to carefully observe professional bloggers for their pro writing cues. Do you notice how these folks seem to write in crisp, clear fashion? Emulate these professionals by following their lead and you too will give off a more professional, serious, clear energy. Start with reading posters on this blog. Every blogger is a professional or on their way to being a professional blogger. Study how these pros and aspiring pro use formatting and other tools to allow their blog posts to flow freely. Exposing yourself to professional bloggers simply gives you an example to emulate. Plus, following professional advice allows you to be yourself, giving you permission to write in your one of a kind voice on your way to being a pro blogger.
In my eBook:
I give you permission to be a brilliant writer by simply writing how YOU write. This writer is unlike any writer who ever lived because we all have unique stories and styles to share with the world. The tone of this eBook is one reason why it spent a spell being the top-rated eBook for its category on all of Amazon. Writing like a pro is mainly a practice thing leading to a confidence thing.The more you practice writing, the more confident you become writing-wise. This process is quite simple but at times, highly uncomfortable to put into action. Keep writing. Keep churning out helpful content.
My neck feels incredibly stiff now but I know it is writing time so I write and will take a nice little break after getting the job done. Write, write and write some more. Gain the confidence and clarity to know you are writing like a pro blogger, even well before you become a pro through your blogging efforts.
Can You Make Tons of Money Blogging?
Just spend the next 10 to 15 years of your life everyday generously helping people and building bonds with both your readers and fellow successful bloggers. If you are prepared to do that then you will make tons of money blogging. I just do not know what amount of money you mean by tons of money. Do you mean hundreds of thousands of dollars? Do you mean millions of dollars? Do you mean tens of millions of dollars?
Only you know the specific answer to that question but independent of the amount, anything ranging from tens of thousands to millions of dollars requires thousands upon thousands of hours of generous service before oodles of money flow to you. Think 10000 to 20000 to 30000 hours of creating content, building friendships by generously helping top bloggers, and opening multiple streams of income before you begin seeing large sums of money flow to you freely, easily and frequently. Most bloggers who ask this question do so from an energy of scarcity and poverty. Most bloggers only want to make huge sums of money because they have $0 now or $15 now and they have hundreds to thousands of dollars of bills piling up. 99.9% of the time, these bloggers dive into blogging being dominated by fear so they act from a scared energy and do stupid stuff that guarantees their online failure. Forget making millions of dollars. This crowd makes $0 or maybe a few cents or ten bucks doing really unintelligent things because people terrified of losing all of their money do stupid things that lead to failure. Being desperate leads to being a dingbat.
People who blog from an abundant, loving, confident and trusting energy generously create content and build connections over years of their lives, spending 10000 to 20000 hours or more doing these things until huge sums of money flow to them. I have seen a handful of 7-figure earners explain how they blogged for 15 years before the huge sums of money, like $30,000 in a day, flew to them freely. Massive wealth takes time to accumulate because the amount of creating and connecting you need to do to accumulate massive wealth requires tens of thousands of hours of helping people to increase both your skills and exposure to the point of making millions and millions of dollars. This basic law of wealth rings true for all entrepreneurs. Jeff Bezos is worth 180 billion dollars now as the owner and founder of Amazon.com but he made very little when working out of his garage on a cafeteria table. He could not make tons of money through his venture until he generously created, connected, scaled and put in an amazing number of hours to build up his iconic empire.
Do not be intimidated by the amount of work, time and energy you will need to put into blogging to earn a significant income. Why would you care if you plan to be here anyway 5, 10 and 15 years down the road? Do you want to waste your life working for somebody else just to get a paycheck or would you rather work for yourself, make a firm impression on humanity, serve a large amount of people and earn a significant amount of money? Think it through before you get intimidated by the amount of generous effort and time you will put into blogging to build something special.
Remember that blogging gives you what you give to blogging. Blogging always serves as the perfect mirror for the attention, energy, effort and time investment you put into this amazing medium.
Do you feel confused about how to grow a loyal community?
Buy my eBook:
Search Blogging Tips
Blogging2 years ago
6 Steps for How I Nabbed 6500 Comments on My Blog
Blogging1 year ago
113 Bloggers share their Favorite Email Marketing Tools
Reviews2 years ago
LeadNetwork Pays Big Bucks for Payday Loans
Blogging12 years ago
CoComment – The new way to track blog comments
Blogging3 years ago
6 Tools For Boosting Content Marketing Results Over The Holidays
Search Engine Optimisation3 years ago
7 SEO Analysis Tools Every Blogger Needs to Know
Blogging2 years ago
How to Start a Fashion Blog in 8 Simple Steps
Blogging3 years ago
How to Become a Nimble Blogger