WordPress is not only a great blogging platform, it’s also a very flexible content management system and can be used to build just about any type of content driven website. One type of website which I love using WordPress for is the Mini Site. Granted, there are much lighter CMS scripts available which would do the job just as well however I always use WordPress as it’s quick and easy to install, it’s free, it is SEO friendly and there are thousands of plugins available which can enhance your site. More importantly, WordPress has thousands of themes available, most of which are free to download.
What is a mini site?
Related blog posts and resources:
A mini site is basically a small website with about 5-20 original pages of content (sometimes more). Basically what you do is buy a domain name, throw up a quick design and write about at least 5 pages of original content about a subject. The main types of mini sites are
- Information Mini Sites – A site which covers a specific topic and provides valuable information to the visitor. The webmaster can place adsense, amazon and other targeted affiliate links on the site in the hope that a certain % will click on them.
- Product Mini Sites – A site which reviews and talks about one specific product. These type of sites are usually developed to target a specific affiliate program item. For example, in order to generate sales to an anti wrinkle site you would could build a 10 page mini site which discusses the causes of aging.
- Tools & Helpful Mini Sites – Sites like Hot Scripts have thousands of free scripts available for download and you can build a mini site around a useful tool. For example, you could download a weight conversion script and build a mini site which lets visitors use this tool. Advertisements can be placed around the tool.
You can promote mini sites using adwords or some other ppc service however you should still get a little traffic through the domain name and the keywords on the site itself.
Although you may go back occasionally and update a mini site, the great thing about them is that once you have built them, you won’t have to spend much time on them again. You spend a few hours building the site and writing the content, you place a link to the site on some other sites you own to get it some traffic and you aim to make a little cash through it.
Individually mini sites don’t make much money but collectively they can be nice little earners. Let’s say you spend all day building a mini site and writing the content for it (say 7-8 hours), if that site can make even $0.50 a day that means the mini site makes you over $180 every year. The only costs are your hosting and the yearly $10 renewal of your domain name so it should be very easy to turn a profit even if you don’t reach your $15 a month target.
I’m a big fan of mini sites because you don’t need much time to maintain them ie. you don’t have to respond to emails every day and you don’t have to update them on a regular basis either, after building them you really don’t have to look at the site again if you don’t want to. This frees up your time to do other things (ie. including building more mini sites).
Of course, you should go back every now and then and check stats and perhaps add a page or tweak the site a little, particularly if the site is making you good money (note : mini sites are also a great way to test the water of a niche you’re not familar with).
Using WordPress to create Mini Sites
By now I’m sure many of you are interested in creating a mini site to see if you can make a little extra money. Here’s my 10 point quick quide to creating a mini site with WordPress.
- Decide on the subject – The first thing you need to do is decide what the mini site is about. If you are trying to make money from a certain affiliate product then clearly the site has to focus on that product for affiliate advertisements to convert well. If you’re struggling for ideas I recommend choosing a subject which either :
- You are knowledgable about
- Has a high PPC price on related keywords
- There is a lot of information freely available on the web which you can put into your own words and make it original.
- Register a domain name – Register a suitable domain name. A domain name which has the subject name in it is great but related keywords are fine too. One hyphen is ok but I wouldn’t personally recommend any domain name with over 2. Info or com are my favourite domain extensions for mini sites but org, net, biz and country specific domains are fine too.
It’s important to have a hosting account which lets you host unlimited domains. I’ll assume you do so go ahead and create a new account for the domain name you just registered.
- Upload WordPress – Download WordPress, upload it to your new site and install.
- Find a suitable theme – Find a good WordPress design. I prefer simple minimalist designs for mini sites as you don’t need many of the extra features which many complicated designs have however it really is up to you. There are hundreds of great WordPress galleries on the web where you can search for templates but I believe the official theme directory is still the best place to start your search.
- Set correct PermaLink structure – Go to the permalinks page in the settings area of your WordPress admin panel. First make sure your htaccess file is editable so that you can update it from the WP panel. Then choose ‘Custom Structure’ and set your permalink to /%postname%/. This is more SEO friendly that the default ‘http://www.minisiteexample.com/?p=123’ and it does not mention the date either. This permalink structure will generate a URL similar to ‘http://www.minisiteexample.com/sample-post/’.
- Remove Comments, Trackbacks & the date – Some may disagree with me on this but I think it’s important to remove comments and trackpacks from a mini site. Comments & Trackbacks requires moderation and moderation requires time, time is something you don’t want to waste on a mini site after you have designed it. If you left comments on and switched moderation off then you will likely get a lot of spam. Save yourself a lot of time and energy and switch comments and trackbacks off. It might be worth removing the comment area and trackback coding from your template as well (depending on how good the template is).
Likewise, I think you should remove the date from your post area. Do you really want to highlight the fact the site hasn’t been updated in 6 months!
- Add Content – Most people agree a minimum of at least 5 good pages is needed for a mini site but I think you’re better having at least 10. Write an introduction article about the subject/product and then go into more depth in the other articles. Most SEO experts agree that you should keep the content on the page to underneath 1000 words so spread your content across your pages accordingly. I don’t recommend copying content from anywhere else, the key is to be original. If you are using some sites for reference then you should put the facts into your own words and feel free to link to the original source if necessary.
- Create a front page – I recommend using a dedicated front page for your mini site instead of just listing blog posts in chronological order. Place an image on the home page too. If you’re mini site doesn’t have many pages then you should link to them all on the home page. If not, link to the most important articles and link to the rest from a sub page or even a sidebar.
- Add affiliate advertisments – Adsense is one of the most used ad networks used on mini sites but you will make much more money if you advertise a related product or company on the site. Don’t just plaster ads everywhere, be smart about it. Write a review about a company you are recommending and deep link affiliate links into your content. If it’s done right many visitors will not even realise that you created the site specifically to promote a company.
- Get Incoming links – For this guide I will assume that you don’t have much money to spend on advertising so it’s important to get some incoming links (which helps with SEO too). Exchange links with related sites to get some traffic to your mini site. You should either create a links page or add a blogroll/partners section to your sidebar and place the links there. If you have other mini sites you should also place a link to your new site on them too (and vice versa).
You can also submit articles to blogs and article directories too. For information mini sites I prefer to keep that content on my own site rather than submit it elsewhere but this technique works well with product mini sites as the return is usually higher through targeted affiliate ads.
I could have added a few more steps but that’s pretty much it. Once you have developed a few you’ll get an idea of what works and what doesn’t. Although I do think you shouldn’t spend too much time on mini sites after you have developed them, you shouldn’t walk away from a good thing either. As I said earlier, mini sites are a great way to test the water so if a site is getting good traffic and making you money you might want to develop it a bit more and add more content and promote it more.
Mini Sites are a quick and easy way to boost your portfolio. They can bring in a little extra cash every month if they are developed right and you can promote and link to your other websites on them too.
As a blogger the biggest problem I have with developing mini sites is time. I’ve got several mini sites ideas which I hope to develop in the next few months however in the last week I’ve just not had the time to start them because of the time I spend on blogging and maintaining my other sites. Perhaps I should set aside one day a week to develop them, what do you think?
I do currently have a few mini sites and some of them are making over $50 a month. In the coming weeks I’ll maybe show you one of them to help illustrate how they work but if I’m completely honest, I’m a bit concerned that some visitors will not look at these sites as inspiration but will instead simply copy them , something which happens a lot unfortunately and a reason why many affiliate bloggers are very vague when explaining affiliate techniques (ie. most don’t show their sites which make money because they will get copied – monkey see, monkey do!!).
If you have any questions, as always, fire when ready 🙂
How to Set up a Profitable Digital Business with 10 WordPress Themes Packed with Elementor
- Elementor-Packed Website Templates for Business
- Bottoms up
“Elementary”, said Sherlock Holmes to Watson. “Elementor”, said a pro webmaster to a newbie. If you’re looking for a simple, intuitive, and well-documented way to build a website, opt for Elementor themes. The layouts stuffed with the page builder – Elementor serve as the easiest solution for a website owner of any coding skills. Besides, most programmers would recommend this extra helpful plugin even after having experimented with a number of similar ones. Let’s take a closer look what benefits it has over other builders.
Undeniable Benefits of Elementor Page Builder
Related blog posts and resources:
First of all, Elementor is a WordPress-compatible plugin intended to help website builders create new pages by drag-and-dropping elements with ease. It features:
- an intuitive and original interface allowing a website owner to craft pages, insert posts, etc.
- extra easy managing system that doesn’t require any specific skills and knowledge;
- the ability to create any page layout or content structure;
- a rich library of pre-designed page layouts which can be imported and configured with ease;
- the ability to tweak and adjust your web pages. Moreover, you have the live preview option allowing you to see what your page currently looks like;
- a collection of diverse content widgets that can be drag-and-dropped anywhere on the page.
Elementor-Packed Website Templates for Business
Those who don’t want to create web pages from scratch can use one of tons amazing templates with Elementor builder. For example, TemplateMonster marketplace offers a bulk of affordable, professional, and thoughtful templates for all occasions and suitable for various business niches.
Impuls – Minimal Design with Maximum Possibilities
Simplicity is one of the factors leading to success. Modern people appreciate easy-accessible online services with an intuitive interface and handy navigation. Impuls provides a similar approach in the website developing process. This Elementor-packed template features minimalistic design dedicated to various business niches. Thus, you won’t have difficulty crafting a corporate site of any complexity. If you don’t find a proper page for your service in the Elementor library, you will be always able to create a new one without effort. Even more, a rich collection of widgets incorporated in the page builder allows to enhance your site to the full and make it visually more appealing.
Imperion – a Chance to Build Your Own Online Empire
For today’s entrepreneurs, the sky is the limit – at least for those who want to run a truly noticeable business website but have no corresponding skills. Imperion is an effective, easy and fast way to make your corporate website come true as soon as possible. You pay only $75 but therefore you get unlimited possibilities to build a unique site. Elementor page builder incorporated will help you create attentive-grabbing layouts with multiple visual tricks and user-friendly options. In addition to impressive animations and headline effects, the template includes WooCommerce support enabling a website owner to run a full-fledged e-store.
BeClinic – a Win-Win Solution for any Medical Website
It’s comfortable, time-saving, and efficient to have a multipurpose template instead of one dedicated to a specific niche. BeClinic proves this statement 100%. There are many demos on different medical themes and a pack of outstanding plugins aimed to enrich your site functionality. The template has a well-thought structure, so much so you won’t have difficulty creating a medical portal, medicine store, online multipurpose clinic, and not only. Using multiple pre-built pages out of the box gives a great chance to establish a website in a matter of several hours. However, if you have not found the page or layout you need, you can easily create it by yourself with drag-n-drop Elementor builder.
Legalor – Building a Reputable Lawyer Website
It’s hard to gain reputation and respect especially on the web. For the reason, you need to set up a user-friendly digital service with a trustworthy interface and work out main principles of its functioning: menu, navigation, publication frequency, etc. With Legalor, you have an all-in-one solution since the theme has a number of tools and options to organize your online business with ease. Thanks to a fully responsive layout, your lawyer website will flow smoothly on any mobile device and tablet. It means that more users will be able to reach out to your service on the web. The more clients your site has, the more income you can await.
DecoDepot – Let Each Detail Be in Place
For any furniture-based project, DecoDeport will serve an impressively looking and smoothly functioning online platform. It’s hard to imagine such a business without an eye-catching digital presentation since the main focus is on attractive images and well-thought sketches. This WordPress template includes all the helpful tools and options needed to underline the uniqueness of your furniture solutions. The layout is stuffed with amazing Parallax animation, impressive visual effects, and alluring widgets like sliders, galleries, etc.
Dividenz – Innovative Solutions for Business
Does your investment-dedicated business need a solid online presence to flourish on the web? Nowadays, any business has to be effectively presented online. Otherwise, it is doomed to failure. Dividenz can modernize your existing investment website or become a brilliant platform for building a new one. The template has a mobile-compatible design, so your website will be accessible for a considerably wider audience. Elementor page builder coming within this layout is stuffed with the comprehensive pack of widgets including helpful maps, impressive sliders, outstanding galleries, handy columns, and many more. Besides, there are tons of setting options (color palette, typography elements, etc.) that can be altered up to your preferences.
Logicon – Smartly-Structured Template for Logistic Companies
Logicon is among the best WP themes packed with Elementor that can make your transportation business shine up on the web. It comes with a stylish, up-to-date overall appearance, user-friendly homepage, and incredibly handy header/footer variants. There are also basic business web pages like About/ Service/ Contact and a set of custom widgets for all the possible needs. The theme is stuffed with additional modules coming within the JetElements addon.
AlpenHouse – Thoughtful WordPress Theme for Vacation Rental Agency
AlpenHouse is a great chance to unleash your business potential and nurture your creativity. It doesn’t matter what programming skills you have since the theme doesn’t require any of them. It features extra flexible interface with a drag-n-drop page builder – Elementor. The template is jam-packed with multiple widgets allowing you to enrich your website look and improve functionality. Moreover, AlpenHouse boasts 14 languages support providing you with the ability to spread your rental business throughout the world.
European Cuisine WordPress Theme
Here is one of modern, sleek yet professional WordPress themes with a well-thought design. Alongside a stylish yet minimalistic appearance, the theme comes with alluring page layouts equipped with helpful website customization options. It is easy to use the theme because it contains a number of fully editable components. You can alter colors, fonts, shapes with a click or even edit charts and images with a drag-n-drop functionality.
Primo – Premium Simplicity for Luxury Business
Need WordPress theme with Elementor designed in line with the latest web trends? Take a closer look at Primo with a set of pre-made web pages, fully responsive layouts, several footer/header styles, and 4 blog styles. All the graphics can be easily edited in accordance with a website owner’s preferences. Thanks to incredibly intuitive interface, you will run a feature-rich website in no time.
You’ve just looked through the top-notch business Elementor templates designed especially for WordPress. All of them can be used for multiple purposes, whether you want to set up a corporate website, a full-fledged digital store, or anything else. Besides visual attractiveness, all these themes come with incredibly handy page constructor – Elementor which gives limitless possibilities to create a dream website in a matter of several hours.
Best WordPress Landing Page Builders to Look for in 2019
If you are just starting out with WordPress you might find it quite difficult to design pages the way you really want, that’s where WordPress Landing Page Builders are introduced into the equation.
Related blog posts and resources:
This where WordPress landing page builders help you design pages with easy drag and drop editors so you do not have to mingle with coding.
Although most editors allow you to use custom HTML and CSS elements if you want to elevate the experience of your page even more.
What is a Landing Page and a Landing Page Builder?
A landing page is a web page, that’s slightly different from the rest of your website. Its purpose is to be shown to people that are typically coming through a promotional campaign.
A Landing Page Builder is a specifically made tool to help you create those particular pages with ease in order to increase your conversion without the need for technical knowledge.
Why you need one?
A landing page builder will become really handy if you are planning on doing paid advertising campaigns like Google Ads for example and/or Facebook ads.
Specifically, when you ran those type of advertisements you want to point potential leads to a tailored made page where you will be able to convince them to sign up for your service.
So if you are planning on doing paid advertising you should definitely take a look at how to create perfectly design landing page through some landing page examples.
Let’s take a quick look at some of the best WordPress Landing Page Builder and what they offer.
Price: Three available tiers to cater for all budgets. Personal Plan: $49/year for 1 site, Business Plan: $99/year for 3 sites and Unlimited Plan: $199/year for unlimited websites.
Free trial: Free forever although limited features.
Elementor is a WordPress landing page builder that seamlessly allows you to build landing pages directly through WordPress. According to their website
It comes prepacked with a fast and intuitive Drag and Drop editor where only your imagination can stop you from creating the perfect landing page!
Additionally, it offers you the ability to shift between desktop and mobile versions to optimize your pages across various devices.
Finally, they provide you with 24/7 customer support to help you with any issues you might encounter.
And if you are just starting out with setting up your WordPress website Elementor offers you a huge range of WordPress Hosting platforms for you to choose from!
2. Thrive Architect
Price: You can opt-in for a 19$/month membership and have access to a wide variety of plugins and features. Otherwise if you only need a WordPress landing page builder you can opt in for a single lice at $67 or 5 licences for $97.
Free trial: Not Available
Thrive Architect is part of a broader suite of WordPress plugins called, Thrive Themes.
Thrive Architect is a really versatile wordpress landing page builder that allows you to create pages literally at the speed of light with their drag and drop editor.
Additionally, if you dislike coding which assumes you do otherwise you will not be looking at a landing page builder. Thrive Architect provides you with a range of landing page templates for you to use.
To be precise it offers more than 200 carefully designed templates. To either build sales pages, lead generation pages and or webinar signup pages.
A cool feature of Thrive architect is that they include conversion elements directly through the editor. Like lead generation forms where you can integrate them with other email marketing service providers and send out amazing newsletter templates.
Price: Essential Plan : $99/month, Premium Plan: $199/month, Enterprise: $499+/month
Free trial: 30-Day free trial for the first two plans while for the enterprise solution you will have to talk with them directly.
The unique selling points of Unbounce are:
That you will literally require no technical skills to install and or code due to their amazing drag and drop editor.
They also offer a range of pre-optimized and tested templates made for conversions power by Artificial Intelligence technology to supercharge your lead generation!
As well as a deduplication feature to create multiple landing pages at the click of a button.
Finally, SSL Encryption which is a key point to ensure to your customers that are visiting a highly secure website is automatically enabled to all your landing pages.
Price: Standard Plan: $37/month, Pro Plan: $79/month, Advanced Plan: $321/month
Free trial: 14-days free trial
Leadpages provides you with a complete set of solutions to supercharge your landing pages growth(hint: your revenue).
Leadpages has so many features that we might need the whole night and day to list all of them some of the most notable ones that will capture your attention besides the drag and drop editor most solutions offer.
It’s really is to install and manage within WordPress as a Plugin.
Easily create SEO-Friendly pages so you do not have to worry about organic traffic anymore, specifically you will be able to edit the metadata fields directly through the editor.
And finally, if you are an agency or web development studio you will love that feature!
You are able to establish various sub-accounts so you can easily manage team members or clients.
And finally for the more techie people around here you are also able to code in HTML if you want to take things even further as well as insert custom and hidden form fields to pass on cookie data to other pages on your website.
That concludes this article, we’ve taken a quick look at some of the most prominent WordPress landing page builder, these are only four examples of WordPress Landing Page Builders there are probably a dozen more of those out there.
So make sure you do your due diligence before choosing one, although these four mentioned within the article are a great starting point for your research!
The Only Surefire Way to Protect Your WordPress Sites in 2019
If you’ve been reading this blog, chances are you’re taking your blog and business seriously, right?
Related blog posts and resources:
If so, why don’t you insure your blog and back up it?
You have insurance on your home, your pets, why not your blog?
Imagine you are locked out of your WordPress site, or your site crashes, leaving you with nothing.
All of your work down the drain.
A site could go down in a million different ways, including bad plugins, server crashes, malware, user errors, buggy updates and tons of other things. Most of these scenarios are beyond your control, but all would be detrimental to your site.
Your site could easily go down next.
Get this, on average, 30,000 websites are hacked every day.
You might think, “I’m just a startup, I’m just a independent business, why would a cyber criminal target me?”
Hackers don’t target anyone. They have automatic scanning tools that search the internet for any vulnerable websites to attack and claim as their own using a malicious code. Once they have your site, they lock you out and you are left with nothing.
Your site, your hard work and your money – all down the drain. Cyber criminals have everything that you have created, and worse, all of your personal and financial information would be attached to a website that you can no longer access. If you don’t protect your website, your helping cyber criminals take down small business owners.
Can you afford to risking losing your website and your income without warning? If you WordPress site got hacked, corrupted or erased, you would lose everything. This includes content, comments, images, data, plugins, database and TIME.
How will you support yourself as you as you rebuild everything from scratch?
So how do you fully protect your blog?
Why let a glitch take your entire website away from you?
You protect all of your other valuable belongings, so take the same precautionary steps with your blog. Spend a few minutes backing up your WordPress site before you have to completely rebuild it. You owe it to yourself to back-up the site that you have worked long and hard to create.
So how do you protect yourself?
Well, there are two ways.
First, buy ‘preventive’ plugins and softwares that attempt to thwart the attacks which is important, but still not a full-proof system.
Why? Because if your site does go down… that it.
That’s why as a serious blogger you MUST make sure that if your site goes down you have a solid backup plan to restore it.
So as an avid blogger, that’s where I knew their was a big problem to solve and created Wp Twin.
I’m proud to say WP Twin is the only time tested software you need to instantly back-up your entire WordPress, no matter how big helping over 2 million users.
It’s so easy to backup your site there’s no excuse.
Just follow these simple steps:
- Upload the clone script to your WordPress.
- Navigate to the clone page and click a button to clone to fully clone your site.
- Download the clone file to your computer or device. (Note: you can also delete the clone file from your database to save space and for security reasons)
- Upload the clone script & file to your new site, navigate to the redeploy page and click a button… that’s it! Now you’ve successfully cloned your entire site and moved it to a new domain.
If anything happens, don’t rebuild your site from scratch. Have unharmed a twin just waiting to be deployed and pick right up where you left off as if nothing even happened.
Plus, you can benefit from site cloning multiple ways.
WP Twin is also a beneficial marketing tool, too.
Instead of hours or weeks of manual labor creating websites for clients, instantly clone any website you want in seconds to rank for different long-tail keywords. Clone any site! If you need to create sales letters, OTO pages, or want to sell websites to offline businesses, save time and money by cloning with a click.
As a blogger, time is important and I know I don’t have hours to waste setting up a site from scratch.
And best of all this is NOT plugin that could crash when you need it most.
You don’t drive your car and just hope nothing happens to it. You protect yourself and your belongings with insurance and you should do the same for your WordPress site. Instead of hoping nothing happens to your site, now there’s no excuse not to secure it.
This resource guide was written by Ben Murray, who is the cofounder of WpTwin, the top, time tested WordPress backup, clone, and restore solution helping a customers a record 2 million times. While this software is normally a high-ticket price, because Ben’s a fan of this blog’s readers so you can get a special no-monthly fee discount and ‘Agency Rights’ to unlimited clones today.
Search Blogging Tips
Blogging2 years ago
6 Tools For Boosting Content Marketing Results Over The Holidays
Blogging7 months ago
113 Bloggers share their Favorite Email Marketing Tools
Search Engine Optimisation2 years ago
7 SEO Analysis Tools Every Blogger Needs to Know
Blogging2 years ago
6 Steps for How I Nabbed 6500 Comments on My Blog
Blogging12 years ago
CoComment – The new way to track blog comments
Blogging2 years ago
How to Become a Nimble Blogger
Blogging2 years ago
How to Start a Fashion Blog in 8 Simple Steps
Blogging2 years ago
57 Must-Read Books For Entrepreneurs Recommended by Entrepreneurs