WordPress is not only a great blogging platform, it’s also a very flexible content management system and can be used to build just about any type of content driven website. One type of website which I love using WordPress for is the Mini Site. Granted, there are much lighter CMS scripts available which would do the job just as well however I always use WordPress as it’s quick and easy to install, it’s free, it is SEO friendly and there are thousands of plugins available which can enhance your site. More importantly, WordPress has thousands of themes available, most of which are free to download.
What is a mini site?
Related blog posts and resources:
A mini site is basically a small website with about 5-20 original pages of content (sometimes more). Basically what you do is buy a domain name, throw up a quick design and write about at least 5 pages of original content about a subject. The main types of mini sites are
- Information Mini Sites – A site which covers a specific topic and provides valuable information to the visitor. The webmaster can place adsense, amazon and other targeted affiliate links on the site in the hope that a certain % will click on them.
- Product Mini Sites – A site which reviews and talks about one specific product. These type of sites are usually developed to target a specific affiliate program item. For example, in order to generate sales to an anti wrinkle site you would could build a 10 page mini site which discusses the causes of aging.
- Tools & Helpful Mini Sites – Sites like Hot Scripts have thousands of free scripts available for download and you can build a mini site around a useful tool. For example, you could download a weight conversion script and build a mini site which lets visitors use this tool. Advertisements can be placed around the tool.
You can promote mini sites using adwords or some other ppc service however you should still get a little traffic through the domain name and the keywords on the site itself.
Although you may go back occasionally and update a mini site, the great thing about them is that once you have built them, you won’t have to spend much time on them again. You spend a few hours building the site and writing the content, you place a link to the site on some other sites you own to get it some traffic and you aim to make a little cash through it.
Individually mini sites don’t make much money but collectively they can be nice little earners. Let’s say you spend all day building a mini site and writing the content for it (say 7-8 hours), if that site can make even $0.50 a day that means the mini site makes you over $180 every year. The only costs are your hosting and the yearly $10 renewal of your domain name so it should be very easy to turn a profit even if you don’t reach your $15 a month target.
I’m a big fan of mini sites because you don’t need much time to maintain them ie. you don’t have to respond to emails every day and you don’t have to update them on a regular basis either, after building them you really don’t have to look at the site again if you don’t want to. This frees up your time to do other things (ie. including building more mini sites).
Of course, you should go back every now and then and check stats and perhaps add a page or tweak the site a little, particularly if the site is making you good money (note : mini sites are also a great way to test the water of a niche you’re not familar with).
Using WordPress to create Mini Sites
By now I’m sure many of you are interested in creating a mini site to see if you can make a little extra money. Here’s my 10 point quick quide to creating a mini site with WordPress.
- Decide on the subject – The first thing you need to do is decide what the mini site is about. If you are trying to make money from a certain affiliate product then clearly the site has to focus on that product for affiliate advertisements to convert well. If you’re struggling for ideas I recommend choosing a subject which either :
- You are knowledgable about
- Has a high PPC price on related keywords
- There is a lot of information freely available on the web which you can put into your own words and make it original.
- Register a domain name – Register a suitable domain name. A domain name which has the subject name in it is great but related keywords are fine too. One hyphen is ok but I wouldn’t personally recommend any domain name with over 2. Info or com are my favourite domain extensions for mini sites but org, net, biz and country specific domains are fine too.
It’s important to have a hosting account which lets you host unlimited domains. I’ll assume you do so go ahead and create a new account for the domain name you just registered.
- Upload WordPress – Download WordPress, upload it to your new site and install.
- Find a suitable theme – Find a good WordPress design. I prefer simple minimalist designs for mini sites as you don’t need many of the extra features which many complicated designs have however it really is up to you. There are hundreds of great WordPress galleries on the web where you can search for templates but I believe the official theme directory is still the best place to start your search.
- Set correct PermaLink structure – Go to the permalinks page in the settings area of your WordPress admin panel. First make sure your htaccess file is editable so that you can update it from the WP panel. Then choose ‘Custom Structure’ and set your permalink to /%postname%/. This is more SEO friendly that the default ‘http://www.minisiteexample.com/?p=123’ and it does not mention the date either. This permalink structure will generate a URL similar to ‘http://www.minisiteexample.com/sample-post/’.
- Remove Comments, Trackbacks & the date – Some may disagree with me on this but I think it’s important to remove comments and trackpacks from a mini site. Comments & Trackbacks requires moderation and moderation requires time, time is something you don’t want to waste on a mini site after you have designed it. If you left comments on and switched moderation off then you will likely get a lot of spam. Save yourself a lot of time and energy and switch comments and trackbacks off. It might be worth removing the comment area and trackback coding from your template as well (depending on how good the template is).
Likewise, I think you should remove the date from your post area. Do you really want to highlight the fact the site hasn’t been updated in 6 months!
- Add Content – Most people agree a minimum of at least 5 good pages is needed for a mini site but I think you’re better having at least 10. Write an introduction article about the subject/product and then go into more depth in the other articles. Most SEO experts agree that you should keep the content on the page to underneath 1000 words so spread your content across your pages accordingly. I don’t recommend copying content from anywhere else, the key is to be original. If you are using some sites for reference then you should put the facts into your own words and feel free to link to the original source if necessary.
- Create a front page – I recommend using a dedicated front page for your mini site instead of just listing blog posts in chronological order. Place an image on the home page too. If you’re mini site doesn’t have many pages then you should link to them all on the home page. If not, link to the most important articles and link to the rest from a sub page or even a sidebar.
- Add affiliate advertisments – Adsense is one of the most used ad networks used on mini sites but you will make much more money if you advertise a related product or company on the site. Don’t just plaster ads everywhere, be smart about it. Write a review about a company you are recommending and deep link affiliate links into your content. If it’s done right many visitors will not even realise that you created the site specifically to promote a company.
- Get Incoming links – For this guide I will assume that you don’t have much money to spend on advertising so it’s important to get some incoming links (which helps with SEO too). Exchange links with related sites to get some traffic to your mini site. You should either create a links page or add a blogroll/partners section to your sidebar and place the links there. If you have other mini sites you should also place a link to your new site on them too (and vice versa).
You can also submit articles to blogs and article directories too. For information mini sites I prefer to keep that content on my own site rather than submit it elsewhere but this technique works well with product mini sites as the return is usually higher through targeted affiliate ads.
I could have added a few more steps but that’s pretty much it. Once you have developed a few you’ll get an idea of what works and what doesn’t. Although I do think you shouldn’t spend too much time on mini sites after you have developed them, you shouldn’t walk away from a good thing either. As I said earlier, mini sites are a great way to test the water so if a site is getting good traffic and making you money you might want to develop it a bit more and add more content and promote it more.
Mini Sites are a quick and easy way to boost your portfolio. They can bring in a little extra cash every month if they are developed right and you can promote and link to your other websites on them too.
As a blogger the biggest problem I have with developing mini sites is time. I’ve got several mini sites ideas which I hope to develop in the next few months however in the last week I’ve just not had the time to start them because of the time I spend on blogging and maintaining my other sites. Perhaps I should set aside one day a week to develop them, what do you think?
I do currently have a few mini sites and some of them are making over $50 a month. In the coming weeks I’ll maybe show you one of them to help illustrate how they work but if I’m completely honest, I’m a bit concerned that some visitors will not look at these sites as inspiration but will instead simply copy them , something which happens a lot unfortunately and a reason why many affiliate bloggers are very vague when explaining affiliate techniques (ie. most don’t show their sites which make money because they will get copied – monkey see, monkey do!!).
If you have any questions, as always, fire when ready 🙂
ONE by TemplateMonster – Ultimate Subscription Service to Fulfil Any Web Design Task
ONE by TemplateMonster is the one and only subscription service that provides web designers and developers with the ultimate selection of high-quality digital products and services they can use to streamline their workflow. Every professional webmaster knows the true value of quality web design items in their work. Having a collection of the right tools and web design elements in a toolbox, one can focus on the creation of impressive and competitive digital works without having to worry about extra designs, extensions or graphics that are needed to complete your projects.
Related blog posts and resources:
As a rule, all quality web design items are pricey. So, it may cost you or your client a pretty penny to launch a stunning digital work from scratch. However, thanks to services like ONE by TemplateMonster, provide you with unlimited access to a series of quality web design tools that you can use for your own digital works without any restrictions.
ONE is the ultimate subscription service delivered by the giant digital marketplace for $19 per month. As soon as you subscribe to the service, you are provided with the unlimited access to the ever-growing collection of 8500+ best-selling digital products including premium-quality web themes, plugins, and graphics, all of which are accompanied with expert 24/7 support. Apart from its best price in the market, there are plenty of other reasons to subscribe to the service. Let’s review them in more details.
ONE is a real time-saver for everyone working with web designs. This is a handy subscription service that provides you with unlimited access to a range of high-quality digital products from TemplateMonster digital marketplace.
Subscribing to the ONE, web designers and developers can get literally everything they need to streamline their workflow and create sites that will make every client leave fully satisfied.
All digital items from the subscription are intended to be handled by the users of different skills levels on their own. For example, most of the premium WordPress themes that are added to the subscription are enhanced with the drag-and-drop functionality that allows you to achieve the desired look and feel of your site’s layout as you simply work in the intuitive visual mode.
With the ONE, webmasters also get a bunch of plugins and high-quality graphics suited to be used for a number of purposes.
The giant marketplace took special care to include only the best items into their subscription. You will see it by yourself when you browse the gallery of items that the ONE delivers. All items from the subscription service have proven to be in great demand among TemplateMonster customers due to their high quality and the value they deliver to both expert and beginner webmasters.
The best-selling digital items from the subscription service cover more than 25 different product type. This makes it hard not to find the ideal solution for any type of online project that you need to create. No matter if that’s a corporate site, a business startup project, online portfolio or a personal blog that you would like to bring to the web. ONE delivers all the designs and tools that you may need in a single subscription.
Subscribing to the ONE, you are provided with unlimited access to the collection of 8,500+ digital products for different purposes and topic-specific online projects. If you browse the gallery, then you will come across the best-selling themes compatible with the latest versions of popular content management systems and eCommerce platforms. If you follow the latest industry news, then you should know about such popular themes as Monstroid2 WordPress theme, Woostroid2 WooCommerce theme, Eveprest PrestaShop theme, and StoreFlex OpenCart theme.
By now, there are 4,000+ best-selling themes being included in the subscription, with more than 1,000 of them being high-quality WordPress items. While using the subscription, you can get unlimited downloads of landing page themes, ready-to-go eCommerce solutions, online portfolio web projects, stunning blogging themes, multi-purpose web designs, and so much more.
One of those best-selling web themes is their include extended developer license, which allows you to download and install such themes for an unlimited number of times.
Alongside with a wide choice of best-selling themes, the ONE subscription includes a number of premium-quality Jet Family plugins for Elementor page builder, as well as high-quality graphics to spice up the visual presentation of your web projects. A website creator needs to have an all-inclusive pack of illustrations, icons, animated banners, and fonts always at his disposal. Using ONE, you can access it all and even more for an unlimited number of times.
As it’s been announced by the team standing behind the ONE subscription service, the collection of best-selling themes, plugins, and graphics will be expanded with 100 more items every month.
All digital items from the subscription service are ready to be managed even by beginner webmasters taking their first steps in the web design and development field. Whenever you need any kind f assistance on how to work with the chosen digital item, you can always rely on the professional assistance of the 24/7 support team that will help you solve any sort of issues.
Why Choose ONE by TemplateMonster
With all that being mentioned, let’s make a clear statement about the top reasons to use the ONE subscription service by TemplateMonster.
- With the ONE subscription, you can download all best-selling digital products from the marketplace without any limitations or restrictions.
- Whenever you need any kind of extra assistance of additional services like template installation, website customization, security or the speed tweaks, and even complete website creation, you can order it from from the ONE team for an extra cost. TemplateMonster has experts engaged in all aspects of website creation. They will gladly help you make your digital works more efficient.
- Additionally, you can always rely on 24/7 expert technical support. A team of skilled customer care professionals is always ready to solve any sort of issues in a phone talk or via live chat.
As it’s been already mentioned, the service will cost you $19 per month, which means that you will get $229 nilled yearly. As soon as you purchase the subscription, you can go ahead and start downloading themes, plugins, and graphics without any restrictions. When your subscription expires, you can pay $229 once again to continue using all advantages of the ONE by TemplateMonster.
ONE by TemplateMonster is a must-have subscription service for everyone working in the web design and web development field. It delivers the ultimate toolbox of 8,500+ best-selling digital items that have proven to be in the biggest demand in the TemplateMonster digital marketplace.
The subscription service delivers an ever-growing collection of best-selling web themes for all types of CMS and eCommerce platforms. You can also work with a number premium-quality Jet Family plugins for Elementor page builder. The latter will be especially appreciated by the avid WordPress fans. Additionally, the subscription service includes a constantly growing collection of the high-quality graphics that you may feel free to personalize and use on your own website.
All items that are added to the subscription service can be downloaded for an unlimited number of times. Additionally, the gallery expands with 100 new core items every month. Whatever kind of assistance you may need in order to streamline your workflow, you can always rely on the professional help of customer support team 24/7.
Paying $229 per year, you get an impressive toolbox of digital items that would cost you thousands of dollars when purchased separately. If you think that ONE by TemplateMonster is exactly what you need to bring your creative digital projects to live, then don’t miss your chance to subscribe and get unlimited access to more than 8,500 high-quality best-selling digital items from the marketplace.
Achieving High Standards: 10 WordPress Education Themes to Get a Smart Website
Everybody understands that knowledge is power. There are always even more questions to be discovered. One of them really concerns thousands of people. What is the quickest way to launch a highly-professional website without applying lots of efforts? When you possess one of the best education WordPress themes, you do not need to have extensive coding skills. There is no need to hire a specialist from a popular web-design agency and pay him or her a heap of money. You can easily make others start taking your educational services seriously by means of the online-project created on the base of the ready-made solution.
Related blog posts and resources:
We have chosen the most impressive WordPress business templates that include a bunch of instruments and elements. Each of them is capable of helping you provide your target audience with enjoyable and efficient user-experience. Are you ready to create a decent online-presence here and now? In this case, let us present 10 splendid themes that really worth your attention…
Educat – WordPress Theme
Teddy Academy – WordPress Theme
Rainbow Colleges – WordPress Theme
Edukid – WordPress Theme
Cedar High – WordPress Theme
Softtech – WordPress Theme
SkIllum – WordPress Theme
Educor – WordPress Theme
Cleveries – WordPress Theme
Education Pro – WordPress Theme
From now on, you know how it is possible to create an original educational website in the quickest way. In our opinion, each of these incredible templates is capable of making your audience grow bigger and bigger every single day. For this reason, do not be afraid to make your choice and start building your online-project right now. Thanks for reading!
How to Set up a Profitable Digital Business with 10 WordPress Themes Packed with Elementor
- Elementor-Packed Website Templates for Business
- Bottoms up
“Elementary”, said Sherlock Holmes to Watson. “Elementor”, said a pro webmaster to a newbie. If you’re looking for a simple, intuitive, and well-documented way to build a website, opt for Elementor themes. The layouts stuffed with the page builder – Elementor serve as the easiest solution for a website owner of any coding skills. Besides, most programmers would recommend this extra helpful plugin even after having experimented with a number of similar ones. Let’s take a closer look what benefits it has over other builders.
Undeniable Benefits of Elementor Page Builder
Related blog posts and resources:
First of all, Elementor is a WordPress-compatible plugin intended to help website builders create new pages by drag-and-dropping elements with ease. It features:
- an intuitive and original interface allowing a website owner to craft pages, insert posts, etc.
- extra easy managing system that doesn’t require any specific skills and knowledge;
- the ability to create any page layout or content structure;
- a rich library of pre-designed page layouts which can be imported and configured with ease;
- the ability to tweak and adjust your web pages. Moreover, you have the live preview option allowing you to see what your page currently looks like;
- a collection of diverse content widgets that can be drag-and-dropped anywhere on the page.
Elementor-Packed Website Templates for Business
Those who don’t want to create web pages from scratch can use one of tons amazing templates with Elementor builder. For example, TemplateMonster marketplace offers a bulk of affordable, professional, and thoughtful templates for all occasions and suitable for various business niches.
Impuls – Minimal Design with Maximum Possibilities
Simplicity is one of the factors leading to success. Modern people appreciate easy-accessible online services with an intuitive interface and handy navigation. Impuls provides a similar approach in the website developing process. This Elementor-packed template features minimalistic design dedicated to various business niches. Thus, you won’t have difficulty crafting a corporate site of any complexity. If you don’t find a proper page for your service in the Elementor library, you will be always able to create a new one without effort. Even more, a rich collection of widgets incorporated in the page builder allows to enhance your site to the full and make it visually more appealing.
Imperion – a Chance to Build Your Own Online Empire
For today’s entrepreneurs, the sky is the limit – at least for those who want to run a truly noticeable business website but have no corresponding skills. Imperion is an effective, easy and fast way to make your corporate website come true as soon as possible. You pay only $75 but therefore you get unlimited possibilities to build a unique site. Elementor page builder incorporated will help you create attentive-grabbing layouts with multiple visual tricks and user-friendly options. In addition to impressive animations and headline effects, the template includes WooCommerce support enabling a website owner to run a full-fledged e-store.
BeClinic – a Win-Win Solution for any Medical Website
It’s comfortable, time-saving, and efficient to have a multipurpose template instead of one dedicated to a specific niche. BeClinic proves this statement 100%. There are many demos on different medical themes and a pack of outstanding plugins aimed to enrich your site functionality. The template has a well-thought structure, so much so you won’t have difficulty creating a medical portal, medicine store, online multipurpose clinic, and not only. Using multiple pre-built pages out of the box gives a great chance to establish a website in a matter of several hours. However, if you have not found the page or layout you need, you can easily create it by yourself with drag-n-drop Elementor builder.
Legalor – Building a Reputable Lawyer Website
It’s hard to gain reputation and respect especially on the web. For the reason, you need to set up a user-friendly digital service with a trustworthy interface and work out main principles of its functioning: menu, navigation, publication frequency, etc. With Legalor, you have an all-in-one solution since the theme has a number of tools and options to organize your online business with ease. Thanks to a fully responsive layout, your lawyer website will flow smoothly on any mobile device and tablet. It means that more users will be able to reach out to your service on the web. The more clients your site has, the more income you can await.
DecoDepot – Let Each Detail Be in Place
For any furniture-based project, DecoDeport will serve an impressively looking and smoothly functioning online platform. It’s hard to imagine such a business without an eye-catching digital presentation since the main focus is on attractive images and well-thought sketches. This WordPress template includes all the helpful tools and options needed to underline the uniqueness of your furniture solutions. The layout is stuffed with amazing Parallax animation, impressive visual effects, and alluring widgets like sliders, galleries, etc.
Dividenz – Innovative Solutions for Business
Does your investment-dedicated business need a solid online presence to flourish on the web? Nowadays, any business has to be effectively presented online. Otherwise, it is doomed to failure. Dividenz can modernize your existing investment website or become a brilliant platform for building a new one. The template has a mobile-compatible design, so your website will be accessible for a considerably wider audience. Elementor page builder coming within this layout is stuffed with the comprehensive pack of widgets including helpful maps, impressive sliders, outstanding galleries, handy columns, and many more. Besides, there are tons of setting options (color palette, typography elements, etc.) that can be altered up to your preferences.
Logicon – Smartly-Structured Template for Logistic Companies
Logicon is among the best WP themes packed with Elementor that can make your transportation business shine up on the web. It comes with a stylish, up-to-date overall appearance, user-friendly homepage, and incredibly handy header/footer variants. There are also basic business web pages like About/ Service/ Contact and a set of custom widgets for all the possible needs. The theme is stuffed with additional modules coming within the JetElements addon.
AlpenHouse – Thoughtful WordPress Theme for Vacation Rental Agency
AlpenHouse is a great chance to unleash your business potential and nurture your creativity. It doesn’t matter what programming skills you have since the theme doesn’t require any of them. It features extra flexible interface with a drag-n-drop page builder – Elementor. The template is jam-packed with multiple widgets allowing you to enrich your website look and improve functionality. Moreover, AlpenHouse boasts 14 languages support providing you with the ability to spread your rental business throughout the world.
European Cuisine WordPress Theme
Here is one of modern, sleek yet professional WordPress themes with a well-thought design. Alongside a stylish yet minimalistic appearance, the theme comes with alluring page layouts equipped with helpful website customization options. It is easy to use the theme because it contains a number of fully editable components. You can alter colors, fonts, shapes with a click or even edit charts and images with a drag-n-drop functionality.
Primo – Premium Simplicity for Luxury Business
Need WordPress theme with Elementor designed in line with the latest web trends? Take a closer look at Primo with a set of pre-made web pages, fully responsive layouts, several footer/header styles, and 4 blog styles. All the graphics can be easily edited in accordance with a website owner’s preferences. Thanks to incredibly intuitive interface, you will run a feature-rich website in no time.
You’ve just looked through the top-notch business Elementor templates designed especially for WordPress. All of them can be used for multiple purposes, whether you want to set up a corporate website, a full-fledged digital store, or anything else. Besides visual attractiveness, all these themes come with incredibly handy page constructor – Elementor which gives limitless possibilities to create a dream website in a matter of several hours.
Search Blogging Tips
Blogging3 years ago
6 Tools For Boosting Content Marketing Results Over The Holidays
Blogging9 months ago
113 Bloggers share their Favorite Email Marketing Tools
Blogging2 years ago
6 Steps for How I Nabbed 6500 Comments on My Blog
Search Engine Optimisation3 years ago
7 SEO Analysis Tools Every Blogger Needs to Know
Blogging12 years ago
CoComment – The new way to track blog comments
Blogging2 years ago
How to Become a Nimble Blogger
Blogging2 years ago
How to Start a Fashion Blog in 8 Simple Steps
Blogging2 years ago
57 Must-Read Books For Entrepreneurs Recommended by Entrepreneurs