Related blog posts and resources:
How much time are you seriously spending on blogging to make it a success? Have you ever analyzed what are the factors that are used by top bloggers?
If you don’t give a serious thought to the following 10 factors, they can break your blog’s success. If done right, they can bring more leads, traffic and sales.
So make sure to invest your time and efforts on getting them right and you can build a profitable blog in 2017 and beyond.
#1 Keyword research
Are you doing proper keyword research before publishing post on your blog? If not, you need to take serious about this and start doing keyword research.
Without keywords there is no SEO and without SEO, you can’t expect your blog to get organic traffic.
If you don’t use right keywords for your niche blog, it can make or break your blog success. By targeting right keywords, you will get to know who are your potential audience in addition to getting traffic to your blog.
Only the right kind of visitors can generate leads.
Here are the tools that helps in your keyword research.
- Moz keyword explorer. It helps you with bunch of information related to your niche keyword. Just enter your seed word on explorer page and it will give the best keywords.
- SEMrush It displays your competitors’ ranking keywords. It will also helps in getting all variations of long tail keywords for your niche.
- Ahrefs The one best thing in this particular tool is it gives you estimate of number of backlinks that your blog needs in order to be listed in the top 10 results of Google search engine.
- Keyword.io It is an alternative to Google keyword planner.
- SECockpit It will give in-depth information of keywords which includes organic competition and search trends
#2 Website hosting
In order to make your website go live in the Internet, you need to host a website. If you want to make money online, if you want to make your blog success, you need to host your blog.
There are several web host service providers but you need to choose the best one. Tips and facts to remember while doing website hosting:
- Avoid free blogging hosts if you are serious of making money through blogging.
- The best option for beginners is to host their wordpress blog on Bluehost. More than 8,50,000 bloggers use bluehost. So, you can understand how powerful it is.
Consider these features while choosing website hosting service providers:
- Check for the customer support. What are the different kind of ways they are offering the customer support like chat, email, toll-free etc.. Are they available 24/7?
- What so special about them? What kind of extra incentives they provide?
- Is the user interface easy to navigate?
- Do they offer backups for your data on website?
- What is their uptime score? Uptime is the amount of time that you website is up. It is measured in percentage. If the website hosting providers have high uptime, it means their servers stay up and running.
- Do they offer server upgradable options? This is important if you want to expand your business and grow big in the next coming 2 years.
- Do they offer money back guarantee?
- Is it affordable? Price is what everyone looks for. Make sure that you are getting the best features for the money paid. Check with other website host providers.
- Look at their email features if you like to host email accounts with your domain name.
#3 Website design
Blog design is the new king. You need to make people fall in love with your blog. And you can do it by having cutting edge design for your blog apart from creating outstanding and useful content.
If you are not attracting your readers visually, how will they stay on your blog page and read your content and subscribe? If you have great content in your blog but poor design then it breaks your blog’s success. So, blog design and content are equally important.
Every successful blogger have custom theme design. It is the blog design that makes the site visitor to decide whether to stay and read content or leave it. You need to create trust among your blog readers.
Some tips to consider while creating a compelling design.
- First impression is the best impression. You can create it in the minds of readers through your blog design. Your blog design should be clear, concise and easy to navigate through posts.
- Have a custom theme design for your blog that is responsive and works on mobile device too. It enhances your blog traffic.
- Categorize your blog posts and make it clear to the audience.
- Go for premium themes if you are serious of making money through blogging because in free themes, you have very limited features to use.
Once you selected a nice custom theme and made your blog design super cool, concentrate on content.
No doubt, blog design is important in making your blog success but if you don’t have great content, what is the use of having stunning design?
It is the content that makes readers to come back again, read and subscribe. You need to attract readers with blog design first but you need to make them stay and stick to your blog with amazing content. Here’s an image that tells you why long form of content always wins the race.
Here are some of the tips for creating great amazing outstanding content.
- Write lengthy content. Short content is dead. Write a blog post of at least 1000 words. More the word count, more the chances of including keywords related to your blog niche.
- Write catchy title for your blog post. Based on your blog post title only, readers decides whether to read your content or not. Your blog post title should instil curiosity in audience.
- Divide your content into three sections, one is Introduction second is the main content and the third is conclusion.
- In the Introduction part, give the overall idea of the blog post. Keep it simple and engaging. So that readers should get a feeling to read further content.
- Use heading 2 for all your headlines in the content. Use sub headings wherever possible. Long paragraphs are dead. Make it interesting with headlines and points.
- The conclusion part you write should include call-to-action(CTA). What action you want your readers to take?
#5 Networking with other bloggers
So far, you have done a great job. You hosted your website, designed your blog and created great content after keyword research. Now, it’s time to connect with other bloggers. No one can succeed alone at least in the blogging world it’s not possible.
Google your niche bloggers. If your blog niche is related to travelling, then connect with all “Travel bloggers”. This is how you will grow.
You want your content to be shared, liked right? Then do it for other bloggers of your niche. Share others content, like their stuff. Comment on their blog posts.
Blog commenting is the #1 evergreen method to connect with other bloggers. Leave thoughtful worthy comments. Sure, they too visit your blog and do the same. Doing blog commenting can give you backlinks to your blog and backlinks are very important for SEO.
Avoid commenting like “Thank you. Very useful post”. The comment you leave on other blogs must give a feeling to the blog owner that you read the article.
#6 Blog promotion
Well, you wrote a great content but if it doesn’t reach to the intended audience, what is the use anyway? Your blog success depends on how well you are marketing it.
Promote your blog on all social media platforms like facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Google plus
Use 80/20 rule which means 20% content creation and 80% promotion. Don’t spend too much time in creating content instead use it for promotion. Get audience who can consume your content and share it.
Let’s say you are spending 20 hours in creating content and promotion. Divide this time like this, 4 hours for content creation and 16 hours for blog promotion.
#7 Social media metrics
When you share your original content, you get click-through rates to that content. You need ot measure your presence in social media and try to increase.
Here are some of the metrics to consider:
- To how many people your content is reached. How many followers on twitter? How many connections on linkedin? How many likes on your facebook business page? Visitors to your blog?
- Is anyone caring or responding to your content? This defines how well your content is engaged in social media. How many shares on facebook and google plus? How many comments on your blog post? How many retweets?
- What is the conversion rate? How many people are entering your lead generation funnel? Track webinar registrations, content downloads.
You can use these tools to track social media metrics
- Integrate your website or blog with Google analytics so that it tracks all your blog site activity.
- Build trackable links with each of your social media posts in Google analytics.
- Setup Goal tracking in Google analytics.
- You can use URL shortener like Bit.ly so that it is easy to traceable and also easy for sharing.especially on Twitter as there is a limit on character usage..
#8 Blog posting frequency
How many posts you should publish every month in your blog? What is its effect on your blog traffic?
If you are posting daily on your blog but it’s of low-quality content then it’s mere waste.
Always be consistent in posting content to your blog. More the blog posts, more the traffic. If you observe the successful blogs, they have more posts with high-quality content.
The famous blogger Neil Patel says that “publishing 2 to 4 posts per week is my personal strategy” and he gets huge traffic to his blog.
If you are planning to produce just one post per week, then do good amount of research and write magazine style content. Most of the magazines publish post once in every week on a particular day and they draw huge traffic to their blog.
Whether you are posting daily or once in 2 days or once in a week or twice a month, always create high quality content and stick to one strategy of posting. Your blog organic traffic depends on your blog posting frequency.
#9 Email list
An email list gives you a great ROI. Check it out. Every $1 spent on email gives you $40. That’s a great ROI!
Money is in the list. If you are not building an email list, that’s the biggest mistake you are doing. If you want to turn your visitors into customers, build your email list.
If you want your readers to subscribe to your mailing list, create compelling and useful content. When readers join your mail list, it means they are extremely interested in your products.
You are not sure when facebook, twitter, Google plus changes their policies related to marketing campaign and blocks you. It’s not your own.
But email list is your own and it’s not changed or influenced by any other person. Emails are the most direct method of communication to be in touch with your customers.
You know at least 91% of consumers check their email on a daily basis. Choose the best email marketing service.
Here is how to grow your email list.
- Create online contests like free giveaways it could be free pdfs, free course anything that’s related to your blog niche.
- Use email subscription forms in your blog. If you are using wordpress, most of the themes comes with built in sidebar subscription widgets.
- Use your facebook business page to collect emails. Use sign up forms.
- Add Call-To-Action(CTA) button at the end of the blog post as well as a sidebar widget.
#10 Create a monetization plan
If you want to make money through blogging, monetize your blog.There are several ways to generate money through your blog but it takes time to build such a blog. It all depends on how well you can monetize your blog.
Here are the few ways you can monetize your blog
- Cost Per Mile (CPM) advertising. You will be paid based on the number of page views your blog get. There are number of CPM providers where you can get ads from them. If your blog is receiving good number of page views then it is one of the good options while monetizing your blog.
- Text based ads. You can insert these ads within your content.Let’s say if you are writing about food or sweet recipe, you can insert link to that bakery item where readers can buy that. This is something related to affiliate marketing. It’s one of the best options to monetize your blog.
- Use advertising widgets. This generates good amount of money.
- Sell some space of your blog to advertisers to show their banners
- Monetize your blog with RSS adverts.
- Write product reviews related to your blog niche. Majority of the people buy any product based on reviews. If that product has an affiliate program you will get some money.
It takes time to build a blog that makes decent money. Focus on each factor that I mentioned above. One simple mistake can break the blog’s success. Always proofread before you publish your content. Craft better headlines. Fix timings to promote your blog post and optimize your blog posts for search engine.
So what are your thoughts? What are the other mistakes you’re making? Do you have any more tips? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
How to Build Brand Authenticity Using Customer Generated Content
Creating quality content is the best thing someone can ever do for their company. When done right, it generates a lot of traffic towards the website thus giving a high likelihood of converting the followers into leads. Unfortunately, quality content is expensive and can use up a lot of money, time, and very exhaustive.
Related blog posts and resources:
Fortunately for us, there is another way to get quality content without having to go through all this hustle. When you make use of this strategy, it will turn out to be more powerful and accurate than other cumbersome methods. This solution is known as User Generated Content (UGC) since it is one of the simplest way to get results without getting tired.
What is the significance of UGC?
The moment you make use of content generated by customers, you automatically create trust with other customers. This is because more than 80% of consumers find content generated by their fellow customers to be convincing and true than what the brands can write about themselves. The assumption is that no one will ever write negatives about themselves unless third parties take over.
UGC is the most authentic type of content as 98% of it is true since customers have no interests in the customers creating profits. If something is bad, they will write it as it is. The reverse is also true. It is therefore recommendable to spend more time curating on the content written by consumers rather than the company itself. You can also use a tool like keyword.com to better create content for your audience and to also rank higher in Google for multiple keywords and search phrases.
The other advantage of UGC is the ability to track all the conversations and mentions. This mostly helps by finding out what the customers think about your services and products. In case of any problem, you can address the same issue. You are allowed to comment on the same wall towards their plights.
The other advantage is to help a company in saving time meant to write content. This time can be allocated to other issues that help in accumulating profits for the business.
Ways to Build an Effective UCG Marketing Strategy
1 – Choose your platform wisely
You do not just create a CGC in any area. The first thing is to ensure that you have a good number of active followers in online platforms. In addition to this, remember that each platform works differently; Facebook users are known for sharing content whereas Instagram is more of visuals. When you ask people for content, remember to be specific with what you want since a lot of us are ready to talk about anything we wish.
2 – Collect independent customer reviews
Customers’ reviews are very vital to any business as they act as personal recommendations to other people who are yet to try your brand. In fact, a lot of people prefer to read a number of reviews before making a conclusion on whether to buy or not. If someone comes across two or more negative comments, a good number will pull away from your page. Remember that savvy customers will always spot fake reviews hence the more reason to stick to authentic customers. The only way to win their hearts is by offering what you promised in the first place.
3 – Offer rewards
There is nothing as encouraging as being rewarded for doing something. Offering rewards attracts a lot of people towards your page as everyone is eager to get something. Don’t try too hard by getting expensive gifts. You can promise that a winner will have their tweets retweeted or you feature their article or business on your page. Not only will they feel happy that they are part of your success but will also attract new users to subscribe.
Neil Patel is often preaching about the process of offering rewards and getting users to submit an email address on your site — which you can then follow up with afterwards. You can read more on Neil and his most recent resources here.
4 – Support a charity event
You need to remind your customers that your brand is not after making profits but rather in helping the community in different events such as acts of charity. Let people know that you have a greater vision for them too.
Online platforms can either break or boost your business. This is because a lot of people have turned to recommendation on social media by strangers or friends. If you want better reviews, ensure that your products are quality and services are up to standard.
User Generation Content is the Way to Go!
With more than a billion active websites and blogs on the internet today, content overload is happening daily. The same is true for brands and bloggers that are struggling to create original content on their own.
The better option is to build a platform or content creation and marketing plan that relies on content being created from other users. After all, how much content has Facebook or Instagram ever made… and look at how huge and massive their brands are!
Be Careful Who You Ask for Blogging Advice
I retired to a life of travel through blogging.
Related blog posts and resources:
Do you want to travel the world through blogging?
My eBook lays out simple, step by step tips to follow for you to travel the world through blogging.
I know how to do it. I teach you how to do it. Easy. Simple. Smart, too; you ask a blogger who lives their dreams for blogging advice on how to live your dreams.
Imagine if you asked people from a blogging tips themed Facebook Group about how to travel the world through blogging? Who are these people? Do these bloggers know specifically how to retire to a life of travel through blogging? Have these bloggers written eBooks and created courses on the topic? Have they lived their dreams?
What ensures said bloggers offer good advice?
Do many of these bloggers offer terrible advice?
Are many of these bloggers experienced, skilled, knowledgeable bloggers, being tops in their niche, like me?
Most bloggers mean well. Some bloggers offer solid advice.
But many bloggers offer terrible advice to struggling new bloggers who follow terrible advice and all of them struggle horribly, following bad advice from bloggers who only know how to fail, versus knowing how to succeed.
Be careful who you trust.
How to Get the Best Blogging Advice on Earth
Follow the top blogging tips bloggers.
Hire them to coach you.
The best blogging advice on earth flows through premium blogging products and services created by the top bloggers on earth.
100% of the time, following this advice leads to success. Fool proof way to get only good advice because pros teach folks how to be pros.
The only reason why you’d get bad blogging advice is if you follow anybody other than the top blogging tips bloggers on earth.
Beware Free Advice Because it is Often Cheap
Free advice sites like Quora and Facebook Groups require no vetting.
Any blogger can offer terrible advice.
This was from my trip to Fiji.
Beware trusting advice from these spots; well-meaning bloggers often guarantee your struggles by offering failing, inexperienced, terrible advice.
Vet Bloggers Who Offer Advice
Gaurav Kumar offered excellent advice via a comment responding to my live Facebook Broadcast.
If you wanted to vet his advice, checking his Facebook profile and clicking on his eAskme blog link immediately proves he is a top blogger who offers sensational advice for succeeding.
Following blogs, investing in eBooks and hiring bloggers by scanning their blogs is the easiest way to:
- vet advice
- trust advice
- get awesome advice
- accelerate your blogging success
Research bloggers who offer advice on free forums. Some genuinely offer success-promoting advice through their blogs. Trust said bloggers.
If you click through to see no blog, or a blog hosted on a free platform, or thin, weak content, beware these red flags.
Follow advice only from top bloggers who put their advice in action and succeed from an abundant, generous, calm, confident vibe.
Go to the Top
Follow only the top blogging tips bloggers on earth to get the best blogging tips and to accelerate your blogging success.
Matthew Loomis at Build Your Own Blog offers success-promoting advice. Follow him. Hire him. Succeed.
Why spend hours asking for advice from folks who may or may not have any idea what they are talking about?
Go to the top.
Google popular search terms, vet guest posters on Blogging Tips, follow the best, get the best advice on earth, use the advice, succeed.
Blogging gets easier and easier when you only follow the top bloggers on earth and invest in their premium offerings because getting the best advice from the best bloggers positions you to be the best.
What Does Your Blog Need?
I wrote an eBook explaining what your blog needs:
Related blog posts and resources:
Success finds bloggers who cover all bases.
If you need nothing and feel your blog needs nothing, you succeed and live your wildest dreams.
Successful bloggers know adding the right elements to blogs and beginning blogs the right way accelerates your success. Plus it feels good to begin blogging intelligently.
What does your blog need?
1: Domain and Hosting
Invest in a domain and hosting.
Accelerate your blogging success.
Domain names make you stand out.
Observe how Pat Flynn invested in Smart Passive Income.
Of course you know immediately; the blogger covers smart passive income. Passive income seekers know the resource because Pat bought a domain name.
He also invested in hosting to ensure he owned his blog.
Take this step to control:
- income potential
- blog voice
Own your site. You need to own your blog to be in control of your blogging campaign.
2: Premium Theme
Invest money in a premium theme.
Stand out from the crowd.
Circulating money on a premium, eye-catching, clear theme emits a professional, impressive, powerful message.
This was from one of my many trips to Thailand.
Readers see you are a serious, successful or success-seeking, blogger. Of course you gain trust and grow your readership quickly by investing money in a premium theme.
Why do you need a premium theme? Would you trust a blogger who uses a cheap-looking, heavy, non-professional theme? If someone cannot afford to invest $60 in a premium theme you better not trust their advice, their insight and their sharing. Why? Serious, skilled bloggers never allow $60 to dictate their life’s direction and failing, struggling, unskilled bloggers make the foolish decision to not chase their dreams over $60.
Content drives blogs.
Your blog needs content to:
- prove you know your stuff
- spread your presence online
- inspire readers to follow you
- inspire readers to trust you
Visit Blogging From Paradise.
Look around for a few minutes. Read 3 of my recent posts. Do you see why content drives the blogging engine?
Imagine if you saw only 1 blog post. Every blogger begins somewhere but publishing helpful content from a generous, success-focused energy distances you from most bloggers in your niche.
Imagine seeing 1 to 5 blog posts on a blog. Good introduction no doubt.
Imagine seeing 50 to 100 blog posts on a blog. Massive impact.
Focus less on post numbers and more on being generous with time and talents. Content just shows off what you know.
As folks see you know your stuff thru your volume of helpful posts you begin to:
- increase traffic
- boost your blogging profits
- expand your presence
- increase brand awareness
- help more folks
- make a big impact in your niche
Content makes everything grow.
Publish content on the regular to become a successful blogger.
Focus on Your Dreams
Concentrate on your dreams from a relaxed, chill energy.
You need dreams to feel the calm, detached confidence of bloggers who invest in:
- a domain and hosting
- a premium theme
- creating helpful content
See your blogging wins now. You succeed now. Own it.
Feel good about your blogging career. You are rocking it out.
Succeed, being the blogger who covers all blogging needs.
Invest in a blogging course.
Your blog – and you – need a blogging blueprint to follow in order to succeed from a calm, confident, orderly, relaxed energy.
Blog like a success.
Learn from the best to become a successful blogger.
Courses just give you a structure for learning in the proper format.
Imagine sitting down in a classroom to learn disciplines from a professor.
You do the same thing through a blogging course.
Search Blogging Tips
Blogging3 years ago
6 Tools For Boosting Content Marketing Results Over The Holidays
Blogging8 months ago
113 Bloggers share their Favorite Email Marketing Tools
Blogging2 years ago
6 Steps for How I Nabbed 6500 Comments on My Blog
Search Engine Optimisation3 years ago
7 SEO Analysis Tools Every Blogger Needs to Know
Blogging12 years ago
CoComment – The new way to track blog comments
Blogging2 years ago
How to Become a Nimble Blogger
Blogging2 years ago
How to Start a Fashion Blog in 8 Simple Steps
Blogging2 years ago
57 Must-Read Books For Entrepreneurs Recommended by Entrepreneurs