Choosing a website builder may seem like a hard task with all the options available out there. If you got to the point of deciding between SITE123 and Weebly, you are certainly deep into the process of choosing the best website builder for your purposes. We’ll give you a little push in order to help you accelerate the process. You’re welcome.
Related blog posts and resources:
It’s a Hard Choice
With all there is in the internet world and in the business world, it’s hard to even know how you came to the point in space-time in which you are choosing a website builder. The reasons are many, most of them are similar among people, and I’m sure you will relate to one or more of them as well.
It may be that you need new means of marketing your company, you may need to increase sales, grow a customer base, and so on. Or it may just be that you have finally decided that this is it and your company no longer belongs to the stone age.
If that relates to you at some level, you can be proud of taking the initiative of going to a website. And most importantly, you can get excited by the fact that you have looked at the possibilities for making a website and have chosen website builders. Even further, you have done your homework and researched the website builders in the market and came to deciding between two: SITE123 and Weebly.
Hey, you have already done more than many people would have the courage to handle when it comes to technological projects. So as corny as it may sound: get motivated by it! Use the feeling of “mission accomplished” to keep on going, decide which one to use and get it done.
We know you may feel like a child going into a candy store. You are just amazed at all the possibilities the website builders offer you. So let’s take a look at the important candies, oops, features, you should pay attention to when making your decision.
Important Things to Notice
- Design – one of the most obvious things to pay attention to is the quality of design provided by the website builder companies. Unbelievable as it may seem, there are still some companies out there that offer very ugly templates. They feel very uninviting and look like they were made using Paint Brush. Certainly something most people would hate to interact with. This is not the case of neither SITE123 nor Weebly. Both of these companies offer decent layouts and designs, helping to the final appearance of your website.
- Responsiveness – nowadays, people browse the internet using the most different imaginable ways. From desktop computers to onboard car computers too, who knows (?), your laundry machine. A respectable website builder company would offer responsive websites that fit any of those screens. Points for both SITE123 and Weebly – they offer responsive websites that adapt to all kinds of devices. SITE123 is especially efficient in this sense, offering templates that work very nicely on mobile devices.
- SEO results – everyone wants to be found on Google. He who says the opposite either lies or works for Bing. Excuse me on the Bing part, let’s give them a little credit and put this as search engines as a whole. Everyone wants to be found on them. Otherwise, what’s the point of having a website if people can’t find you through searches? Your website should be optimized to appear on search engines and both SITE123 and Weebly prepare it for that. They accomplish the task of throwing your keywords and tags into your website’s code very well so that search engines can crawl it. No matter where you are hosting your site, always make sure it’s SEO friendly and mobile responsive.
- Plugins and Apps – from chat boxes to online forms, plugins, and apps allow you to do everything you can imagine through your website. Luckily, both SITE123 and Weebly offer the possibility of integrating outside tools with the website you are building. This way you can take full advantage of having a website while also making use of very modern tools. The installation process of these apps and plugins is particularly easy to handle on SITE123. All you have to do it copy a short sequence from the provider’s website and paste into your website modules on SITE123’s website builder. Very easy and useful.
Consider Your Own Needs
The quick analysis above gives you a sense of space and helps you understand what kind of territory you will be working on when using one of the two website builders. As though the panoramas gave you a more clear view of the picture, only you can decide what’s better for your company or project as a whole. Each final aspect of your website is dependent on the decision you make.
With this in mind, it’s great to have a master plan for your website, in which you describe what functionalities you need and the most important objectives you have. Unite this to the analysis you are making while reading this article and you have the basic recipe for success.
Now, let’s spice things up a little bit and go through a direct comparison between the candidates: SITE123 and Weebly. Let’s see how they perform on three points: ease of use, features, and pricing.
- Ease of Use
- SITE123 – the easiest website builder. That’s what it says on their main page. And guess what – it happens to be true. Not all slogans say the truth and many overestimate what the company can actually do. This is not the case of SITE123. They claim to be and in fact are the easiest website builder out there. The interface is very intuitive and guides you through the whole process. It feels like it has taken your hand for a dance. The platform shows you everything you need to do and point you in the right direction for execution.
- Weebly – among the drag and drop builders, it figures as one of the least hard to use. If you are not familiar with the term, drag and drop builders work with you adding features, then moving them to your website to place them where you would like. As though it may sound cool, it happens to be a pain in the butt many times because you waste hours on end just moving things around to make sure everything is in place and looking good. That doesn’t happen with SITE123 for example, where things are placed in the most useful parts of your website to facilitate use and optimize your conversions.
- SITE123 – many additional features are offered by SITE123 and they include store management, email marketing, multiple website building, domain redirecting and much more. These features are easily accessible through the dashboard by the site. The management interface is very clear and does not have all the clutter you may find on other website managers. This helps with organization and keeping a clear mind when dealing with your website.
- Weebly – there are interesting built-in features on Weebly and one of them certainly stands out. That is the possibility of managing your website using a mobile app. In addition, the tools are the industry standards: store management, simple email marketing, etc.
- SITE123 – one of the best parts here is that they allow you to keep a website for free for as long as you want. And the usability is pretty much the same of that of a paying user. The only thing that you would lack is a domain and pro features. However, you should take into account that you will not need a designer for help at all and that you can add many interesting features to your website using the app market. From chat boxes to form builders, it’s all there. In addition, you have the like 50% of all the SEO you need to be done by SITE123 itself behind the scenes. If you choose to upgrade, you will have no issues and the pricing is attractive. It starts from $9.80 per month. Yes, that is right 9 dollars and 80 cents. Very affordable, right? At least worth the try, I would say. There is no excuse to try it for free and then testing the upgraded package.
- Weebly – like SITE123, they also allow you to keep a free account. However, the usability is affected and the most important features are unavailable for free users such as e-commerce. If you choose to upgrade, The starting price is $8 per month.
After seeing the most important aspects of both website builders in detail, it is possible to move towards deciding which one to use. Each of them has its pros and cons but in the end, you must make a choice, right?
Sometimes, when it’s hard to decide, we choose to go with the option we have heard more of or seen more. If you are smart, you wouldn’t act that way regarding your website. You want to go with the right option so think twice and see which is better for you in the end. It can’t be hard to decide based on the facts provided. Be sure to check out both sites and make a decision on which blogging and hosting platform is best for your site or business.
Protecting Your Online Business with Cloud Access Security Brokers
No matter if you are a blogger just starting out, or have a full time business online, you need to make sure your site is up at all time ans that your data is also secure. This is something many individuals and brands think they have in place, until a new security leak and hack comes into play. One of the best ways to make sure your online business and customer data is safe, is to make sure you are hosting your site with a reliable solution. As ‘cloud computing’ also becomes more accessible and at cheaper prices, it’s yet another option for keeping your online brand and business safe at all times,
Related blog posts and resources:
A cloud access security broker (CASB) assists with cloud-based security concerns. While you may have outstanding security measures in place both within your organization and with your cloud service provider, there is still a point of vulnerability between the two. A cloud access security broker helps you protect your data everywhere from the point of origination to its final storage place in the cloud. There are several options available for service providers in this area, so it’s important to know how to assess them and make a fair comparison across all your potential security brokers.
Data Security Measures
The primary purpose of a cloud access security broker is to enhance your data security as information moves between internal or external storage devices and the cloud. While the cloud itself may be safe and secure, the transmission of information can create a weak point where cybercriminals have the opportunity to snag sensitive data en route to its next destination.
When you’re comparing cloud access security brokers, you must assess the details of their security measures. How do they control access? What measures are in place to prevent data leakage? How do they handle encryption key management? Compare providers evenly at this point to see which offers the most comprehensive data security services.
Enhanced visibility is one of the key services offered by cloud access security brokers. Your broker should monitor all content moving in and out of the cloud, performing regular security audits. It’s important that you, as the consumer, have access to data and security logs and regular reports. Your CASB should also provide helpful alerts that will draw your attention to any potential weaknesses and guide you toward the best solutions. Find out how much visibility a CASB provider offers and what form it comes in.
How does your cloud access security provider handle threats? You will inevitably come across cybercriminals who are attempting to access your data. What measures are in place to analyze user and entity behavior and capture these criminals? How does your provider detect data theft, and what steps do they take to then block the criminal from accessing your information? Your CASB should not only protect you from potential threats but also aid in the investigation of suspicious activity.
Discuss compliance requirements with your cloud access security broker. Are they knowledgeable about the latest requirements for legal compliance with data management within your industry? Do they have smart solutions to help you monitor and maintain compliance throughout the cloud? While compliance is an issue that will still ultimately fall on the shoulders of your company, a cloud access security broker should have the knowledge to assist you in this area, and they should always be on the alert for any compliance concerns that you need to be informed of.
Research your options carefully to make sure you’re working with a cloud access security broker that is well-equipped to assist with your industry-specific needs. The best option should suit both the size and scope of your company.
Five Free Web Hosting Providers for First-Time Webmasters
When you’re first getting ready to launch a website, the web hosting provider that you choose is one of the most important decisions that you make. After all, the web hosting company is in control of the infrastructure that powers your website and which serves it up to visitors from around the world.
Related blog posts and resources:
The problem that many would-be webmasters come up against is that hosting can quickly become expensive, especially if you start to pay extra for optional addons. Not everyone has the money to pay for it all up front, especially if they’re just starting out. It’s usually easier to pay for your website when your website itself is up and running and making money.
That’s why free web hosting is such an attractive choice. Sure, it might not be powerful enough once your site starts to take off, but it can save you from hemorrhaging money when you’re starting out. And so with that in mind, we’ve taken a look at just five of the best free hosting providers and noted down everything you need to know.
Are you ready? Let’s go.
As you can probably guess from the name, FreeHostingEU is a European web host that offers up 200 MB of disk space and 4 GB of bandwidth for free, as well as additional features like email accounts and FTP access.
The venture itself is backed by FreeDomain.co.nr and AttractSoft GmbH, two well-established German companies which also offer paid hosting options for customers who want to upgrade to a more robust plan. True, their paid plans are potentially better suited to other German businesses just from an ease of use perspective and to avoid problems with the language barrier, but their free plans are an attractive choice for users from across the globe.
Better still, FreeHostingEU is one of a number of free hosts which offers powerful one-click installation tools for content management systems like WordPress and Joomla. That’s all you really need to get started, and they also offer support for PHP, MySQL, Perl, Flash and other technologies and programming languages.
All of this combines to make it an attractive choice for those who are looking for free web hosting, and for those who are targeting European markets in particular. At the same time, though, it’s up against some tough competition.
000webhost.com takes its name from the fact that it charges $0.00 for web hosting, and they’re trusted by over 16,000,000 users from across the world. They’ve been going strong for over ten years and promise to be free forever, which is probably why they rank consistently high both on search engine results pages and in lists like these.
000webhost offers a 99% uptime guarantee for their users and they even allow you to view historical logs to prove it. Openness is a theme at 000webhost, and it’s reflected by how open their platform is to different technologies and languages, with support for PHP, MySQL, Curl, GD2, Zend, XML, fopen(), PHP sockets, .htaccess and more.
And if their auto-installers and choice of over 50 popular scripts isn’t quite what you’re looking for, you can also use their inbuilt website builder software to make whatever your heart desires with no coding or graphic design expertise required. They also offer near-unlimited disk space and bandwidth, which is good news if you’re looking for a heavy duty free hosting provider that you can rely on.
If you’re the kind of person who makes purchasing decisions based on user reviews then 000webhost is probably the best choice for you. They have an army of happy customers who are quick to sing their praises on third-party review sites.
Awardspace is another free web host that’s owned by two parent companies (this time it’s AttractSoft GmbH and Zetta Hosting Solutions Ltd). They offer “completely ad-free hosting” and also throw in a free .dx.am domain name, allowing their users to create up to three subdomains for blogs, forums or other areas.
As with FreeHostingEU, Awardspace will allow you to create an email account that’s associated with your website and you can install WordPress and Joomla with a single click. They also have a web-based file manager so you can download, edit and upload files, but you can also just use their free website builder if you prefer the point and click approach.
With 1 GB of SSD storage and up to 5 GB of monthly traffic, Awardspace gives you enough resources to run a small-to-medium-sized website, and they also back up their offering with a 99.9% network uptime guarantee and 24/7 customer service. Those are nice added bonuses from a free host that really has no obligation to guarantee anything.
Awardspace is a good choice if you’re looking for an overall all-rounder with pretty good resource limits and decent customer service. It really depends what you’re looking for, and while Awardspace isn’t about to win any awards for the amount of space it offers, storage space isn’t everything.
If you’re looking for heavy duty hosting then FreeHosting.com is the choice for you. That’s because it comes with a whopping 10 GB of disk space and 250 GB of bandwidth, and they don’t even compromise the integrity of your site by running advertisements. You’ll even have access to FTP uploads and more powerful tools like cPanel.
It does have its limits, though. You can only use it to host a single website and while you can create an email address that’s associated with your account, you’re limited to just the one. You’ll also need to purchase your own domain name unless you use a subdomain such as http://yourdomain.freehosting.com.
FreeHosting.com also offers paid upgrades for users who exceed the impressive resource limits and need unlimited disk space and bandwidth. Upgraded users also get access to unlimited email addresses, which makes it worth going for if you’re using it to host a business website or something similar where multiple people need an email account.
This host is without a doubt the best choice for those who require large amounts of storage space and bandwidth. In fact, some people even use FreeHosting.com purely as a tool to store backups thanks to their generous resource allocations and the fact that they have no limit when it comes to individual file sizes. If you want to upload a 10 GB zip file, you can do.
Freehostia will give you 6 GB of bandwidth and 250 MB of disk space, but unlike FreeHosting.com they’ll also throw in three email accounts. Better still, like Awardspace, they guarantee 99.9% server uptime and offer 24/7 customer service.
They’re able to do this because they also offer paid hosting plans, which is good news if you run out of resources and want to upgrade without jumping to a different provider. Better still, because they provide paid services as well, they take customer service pretty seriously. They even promise to respond to any support tickets within an hour, which you’ll be glad of if you run into any problems or if your site goes down unexpectedly.
When it comes to actually getting started with your website, Freehostia offers a tool called the Elefante Installer which enables you to set up WordPress, Joomla and other CMS software in just a couple of minutes. They’ll even allow you to run a phpBB discussion forum if you’re creating a community site as opposed to one with a commercial focus.
Freehostia is another pretty good all-rounder, and it’s particularly good for non-profits, community organizations and other small teams thanks to the ability to create up to three different email addresses. Plus it’s always nice to have the option to upgrade if you need to.
When you’re first starting out with your website, free web hosting can be a godsend. It allows you to get your site up and running and to start growing it way before you ever need to pay for extra resources. If nothing else, it’s a great way to buy some time so that you can launch with your minimum viable product and test the waters. And honestly, for 90% of websites, free hosting is good enough. People often start out with free hosting and then never upgrade because they never need to.
Perhaps one day you’ll want to upgrade to paid hosting and maybe even a dedicated server all of your own. By that time, though, it’s likely that you’re already making money from your website and so it’ll pay for itself.
In the meantime, you can still get yourself off to a good start with one of these free web hosting providers. It’ll be enough to get your site up and running and to launch it to the world and then you can see how it goes from there. You might even find that free hosting is good enough to power your site indefinitely. Only time will tell.
How Beneficial is Web Hosting to Your Blog and Business Website?
With so many websites and blogs on the internet today, it’s likely that you will come across various businesses and brands that have old sites and content online. Unfortunately, with web hosting costs being so cheap these days, many site owners will leave old content up and just forget it even exists. This can lead to poor customer engagement, low quality in branding and also just a lot more junk cluttering up the internet.
Related blog posts and resources:
Such website owners that are ignorant about the importance of content and are far away from experiencing the reality “Content is King” oftentimes fail to yield the benefits of blogging. But not all of them are ignorant.
Next question is whether or not you must host the blog on your very business website?
In this write-up, let us discuss why doing so is the best option you can avail and how it benefits your online business too. So, delve deeper into the subject.
What difference does it make to have a blog and not have one?
Experts have stated and many business owners have also experienced firsthand that online business benefited immensely from blogging while the ones that did not opt for this marketing tool were left behind in the rat race.
The successful businesses have the following characteristic features that make them enjoy an edge over their counterparts or competitors. These aspects are as follows-
- These businesses invest hugely in content strategies, experimenting throughout with ideas and tools for the best outcome.
- They regularly update content
- Do not use black hat SEO strategies. Instead bank heavily upon White Hat SEO strategies since they target audiences (prospective clients) for the long term so that they are able to retain their existing clients as well as convert visitors into prospective leads.
- Develop content that is mobile indexed too. In other words, the content that they develop also caters to the mobile-friendly audience.
- Select topics (sub topics) after careful analysis and research pertaining to the type of business they offer.
- Most importantly, the content developer is able to identify its target audience, which is one of the prerequisites because unless you identify your audience, you will not know for whom you are writing.
- The content is relevant, crisp, to the point, and useful and informative. Most importantly, it adds value to the reader’s knowledge.
Such is the blogging technique of the businesses that have yielded benefits from blogging on their business websites.
The fact that these days, blogging has become easier due to the presence of apps has allowed many to turn bloggers. Also, you can exploit or tap the potential of many CMS or Content Management Systems that are user-friendly and easy to use.
Just as investment apps allow you to explore options in investing, similarly, writing apps allow you to explore your options as far as blogging is concerned. So, it will not be wrong to say investment and writing apps have made life much easier for all.
What are the benefits of blogging?
The benefits are many and these can be summarized in short as follows-
- Increases visibility
Many experts are of the opinion that “blogging is like fishing”. Through blogging, you can lure your visitors and make them return to your website again and again. More digital footfall means your website gains visibility.
- Brand promotion
With the help of your blog, you can promote your brand virtually. Once your brand becomes popular, you will not have to exert much for your brand to be known. Eventually, you will get more web traffic by default.
- Social media visibility
These days every website debuts on social media platforms. Through this media, you are in a better position to reach out to your clients and connect with them.
Basically, there are 3 Ps that will determine your success online and these include Patience, Perseverance, and Promoting policies. It’s up to you to decide which of the three you focus your efforts on — though it should be your personal and business mission to go after all three.
Search Blogging Tips
Blogging2 years ago
6 Tools For Boosting Content Marketing Results Over The Holidays
Search Engine Optimisation2 years ago
7 SEO Analysis Tools Every Blogger Needs to Know
Blogging5 months ago
113 Bloggers share their Favorite Email Marketing Tools
Blogging2 years ago
6 Steps for How I Nabbed 6500 Comments on My Blog
Blogging2 years ago
How to Become a Nimble Blogger
Blogging12 years ago
CoComment – The new way to track blog comments
Blogging1 year ago
How to Start a Fashion Blog in 8 Simple Steps
Blogging2 years ago
57 Must-Read Books For Entrepreneurs Recommended by Entrepreneurs