I’ve recently talked about selling yourself first and things that keep you from making money but there comes a time that you do need to start selling more products. These quick tips have been taken from lessons on writing better sales copy for your product pages. If your sales copy doesn’t grab their attention, chances are they won’t buy. What can you do so that you see more conversions from your sales page?
1. Describe the reader’s pain. Let them know you understand how they feel, that you can relate to them and help them ease or get rid of that pain with your product. Most people buy for emotional reasons so your sales copy needs emotion.
2. Describe what’s in it for them. Go a bit deeper and let them know how they can use your product to overcome whatever it is that’s causing them pain, distress or frustration. These things are not always in a physical sense, but also in a business sense. They feel pain from not getting enough traffic, not having enough subscribers. Explain to them how your product (methods) can help them.
3. Detail the features. Tell the reader how they can benefit from your product. Make it stand out above the rest with high value benefits.
4. Up the value. Tell them how and why they need your product and the value it will give them if they purchase from you.
5. Stand behind your product. Offer a 100% money-back guarantee. If the customer isn’t happy they need to know they can get a refund or cancel if it’s a membership program. Make this process easy and painless. Many people offer a great guarantee but make it so difficult that customers give up and decide to just keep paying or pay the balance if they had an introductory price. They will never buy from you again and will not promote your product in the future. If you make it easy for them to get a refund then they are more likely to promote you even though the product didn’t fit their needs. They often have friends who could benefit from your product, so make getting a refund an easy process.
6. Add relevant, value-packed bonuses. People love free gifts, give them some great bonuses for buying your product or service. I gave 6 tips instead of 5. It’s not a grand bonus, but you get the idea.
Also, make sure the bonuses are relevant to the product you’re selling, but do give them something extra to make them feel special. You can even throw in a surprise bonus that isn’t mentioned on the sales page. This gives a ton of unexpected value.
Remember, most customers buy for emotional reasons. Give them what they are looking for, describe the benefits and make the process as easy as possible.
What are you doing in your business that brings in more sales? Do you have any tried and true tips that have helped grow your business? We’d love to hear from you.