The beauty niche is an excellent place to start a website.
It’s evergreen, meaning that the topic will always remain popular.
There are many different types of beauty websites, from product reviews to tutorials.
As well, you can sell products that range from cosmetics to skincare to hair products.
In this article, we will discuss what the beauty niche is all about.
As we do, we will show you examples of successful beauty bloggers and their websites.
- What Is the Beauty Niche?
- Types of Sites Within the Beauty Niche
- Is the Beauty Niche Profitable?
- Is the Beauty Niche Good for Marketers?
- High-performing Products & Services in the Beauty Niche
- Beauty Niche Ideas
- Examples of Successful Beauty Niche Websites
- What To Avoid in the Beauty Niche
- Similar Niches Worth Checking Out
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Wrapping Up
What Is the Beauty Niche?
The beauty niche is one of the best niches for bloggers.
It is a competitive niche, but also a profitable one.
When it comes to beauty, there are many sub-niches bloggers can choose to write about.
For example, some beauty bloggers focus on skincare while others may focus on hair care or makeup.
Types of Sites Within the Beauty Niche
There are three basic types of beauty websites to consider.
1. Tips and Tutorials
The most popular type of beauty website is the beauty tips and tutorials website.
These websites offer advice on everything from makeup and hair care to skincare and fashion.
For example, a beauty blogger might write a beauty tips blog post on “How to Get Rid of Dark Circles Under Your Eyes.”
2. Product Reviews
Product review sites are pretty self-explanatory.
These bloggers test out different products and then write in-depth reviews about their experience with the product.
A beauty blogger might write a review of a new foundation they tried out.
In a different blog post, the blogger may decide to review a beauty box subscription service.
3. News and Trends
Another type of beauty website is the news and trends site.
These blogs keep their readers up-to-date on what’s happening in the beauty world.
For example, a beauty blogger might write a blog post about a new beauty trend taking over Instagram.
Is the Beauty Niche Profitable?
When it comes time to choose a profitable niche, you can’t go wrong with the beauty niche.
Beauty bloggers can make a full-time income from their blogs if they play their cards right.
How Much Does the Beauty Niche Pay?
How much money bloggers make in the beauty niche varies.
It all depends on how hard the blogger works and how they monetize their website.
Looking at income reports is normally one way to understand the possibilities when you decide to build a niche website with beauty.
However, the beauty niche doesn’t release as many official income reports as many other niches do.
With that said, you can still find clues that expose the proof that you can make anywhere from $10,000 per month to over one million dollars per year in the beauty niche.
Suzana Rose, a beauty blogger at Cruelty-Free Kitty, wrote a blog post detailing how she earns over $10,000 per month.
Content Career detailed how beauty influencers can earn as much as $6 million per year.
Finally, the Chic Pursuit fashion blog showed how it earned over $11,000 in January 2020 with its niche website.
Is the Beauty Niche Good for Marketers?
The beauty niche is a good one for marketers to enter.
When it comes to beauty, people tend to be passionate about the products they want to buy.
It means that if you can tap into this passion with your marketing, you have the potential to make plenty of sales and earn a good income.
Is the Beauty Niche Good for Affiliate Marketing?
From an affiliate marketing perspective, the beauty niche is a quality option.
Unlike other niches, new products come on the market constantly in the beauty niche.
It means there is always something new to write about, which helps keep people coming back to your site.
You can join several of the dozens of beauty affiliate programs that exist in the industry.
For example, Sephora has an affiliate program.
You could also join beauty-focused programs like Rakuten or Amazon Associates.
As an affiliate marketer in the beauty niche, you would promote beauty products from these retailers on your website or blog.
When someone clicks on one of your links and buys a product, you earn a commission.
Is the Beauty Niche Good for Dropshipping?
Dropshipping is another business model you could pursue in the beauty niche.
Dropshipping involves setting up an online store and selling products without actually having to carry any inventory.
Since the beauty niche includes physical products, dropshipping works well.
High-performing Products & Services in the Beauty Niche
To build a beauty blog that performs well from a monetary standpoint, it’s critical to find niche products to offer your readers.
In this section, you will discover the best brands to consider selling for, get ideas for beauty services that convert to sales, and find niche products to sell.
Products That Perform Well in the Beauty Niche
As we mentioned earlier, plenty of products exist in the beauty niche.
Let’s review the top products you should think about selling once you’re ready to monetize your beauty blog:
- Skincare: Skincare is the most popular beauty product, and it’s easy to see why. Everyone wants to have perfect skin. It means the demand for skin care products will remain high. When it comes to selling skincare products, consider partnering with a beauty brand that offers high-quality items.
- Makeup: Makeup is the second most popular beauty product. Many women (and men) enjoy wearing makeup to feel more confident.
- Haircare: Haircare is another essential beauty category. People use shampoo, conditioner, hair masks, and other products to keep their hair looking its best.
- Nail polish: Nail polish is a popular beauty product, especially among women. It’s easy to find niche nail polish brands that offer unique colors and finishes.
- Lipstick: Lipstick is the final beauty product we’ll mention. It’s a must-have for many women, and there are always new shades released into the market.
Notable Brands in the Beauty Niche
Now that we’ve gone over some of the products you could sell, it’s time to talk about beauty brands:
- Fenty Beauty: Fenty Beauty is a popular beauty brand founded by singer Rihanna. The brand offers a wide range of products for people of all skin types and tones.
- Kylie Cosmetics: Kylie Cosmetics is a beauty brand started by reality star Kylie Jenner. It’s a brand known best for its lip products but also offers other makeup items.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills: You can’t go wrong with Anastasia Beverly Hills. It is a beauty brand that’s become well-known in the industry. The company sells quality skincare and makeup products.
- Huda Beauty: Huda Beauty is another fantastic beauty brand. Founded by beauty blogger and YouTuber Huda Kattan, the company sells a variety of beauty products, including skincare, haircare, and makeup.
- Too Faced: Too Faced sells makeup, skincare, and hair care products. You can find everything from foundations and concealers to eyeshadows and lipsticks.
Services That Perform Well in the Beauty Niche
In addition to products, beauty services are also in high demand.
Many beauty bloggers offer services like the following ideas:
- Makeup lessons: Makeup lessons are a popular beauty service. If you’re a makeup artist or have experience with applying makeup, you could offer your beauty tip services to others.
- Skincare routine creation: Skincare routine creation is another beauty service that you can sell as a service extension on your blog. Many people want help when it comes to figuring out which products to use and how to use them.
- Virtual hair styling sessions: Are you a hairstylist? If so, providing virtual hair styling sessions might be right up your alley. You can provide your services to people who want help with their hair but can’t come into the salon.
- Customized fragrance recommendations: Customized fragrance recommendations is a service for beauty bloggers who also love talking about perfume and cologne. You can help people find the perfect scent for them based on their preferences.
- Skin analysis: Here’s one that is a bit different from providing advice about a skincare routine. You can offer skin analysis as a beauty service. It involves using a device to take pictures of someone’s skin so you can analyze it and recommend products.
Popular Affiliate Programs in the Beauty Niche
It’s time to talk about affiliate programs.
Here are some beauty affiliate programs that you can promote as a beauty blogger.
- Amazon Affiliate Program: Amazon has an affiliate program that allows you to earn commissions on beauty products that you link to from your blog. For example, you might promote a beauty product from a brand like L’Oreal and earn a commission if someone buys it after clicking on your link.
- Target Affiliate Program: Target also has an affiliate program that you can sign up for as a beauty blogger. Target sells all types of beauty products, such as makeup, skincare, hair care, and more.
- Sephora Affiliate Program: Sephora is a popular beauty retailer with an affiliate program that allows you to earn commissions on the beauty products you link to from your blog. One of Sephora’s best-selling products is the beauty blender, which is a makeup sponge that helps you apply your foundation flawlessly.
- Ulta Affiliate Program: Ulta is another beauty retailer that encourages beauty influencers and bloggers to join its affiliate program. Ulta sells beauty products from popular brands like MAC, Benefit, and Urban Decay.
- Walmart Affiliate Program: Walmart sells all types of beauty products, including drugstore beauty products and higher-end beauty products. Join its affiliate program, select your favorite products to blog about, and start earning commissions when your readers use your links.
Beauty Niche Ideas
Let’s get your brainstorming going by giving you a few ideas of blogs that you could start in the beauty niche.
The Best Beauty Tips for Beginners
A beauty blog for beginners is a solid way to help people just starting in the beauty world.
You can give them tips and advice on everything from makeup to skincare.
If you’re still learning about beauty, this type of blog merely requires that you stay one step ahead of your beginner followers.
Or, you can say, “Join my journey as I learn and tell you about it.”
My Skincare Routine
Share your skincare routine with your readers.
People love seeing what products other people use and how they use them.
Don’t forget to take before and after pictures to show the results of your routine.
How to Transition Your Beauty Look for Each Season
As the seasons change from winter into spring or summer into fall, so do beauty trends.
Help your readers transition their beauty looks by writing blog posts with tips and advice.
For example, you might write a post on how to wear less makeup in the summer or how to get the perfect smokey eye for a winter party.
The Best Beauty Products for Oily Skin
Oily skin is a common beauty concern. If you have oily skin, share your knowledge with your readers.
Write blog posts about the best beauty products for oily skin, such as foundation, primer, powder, and more.
Examples of Successful Beauty Niche Websites
Below, we’ve provided you with great examples of beauty blogs that either provide tips for beginners, teach skincare routines, provide seasonal tips, or help people with oily skin.
Use these five examples as inspiration for your new beauty blog.
The beauty blog gives you a glimpse into the beauty routines of famous women such as Kim Kardashian and Jenna Lyons.
You can find ideas that help you if you want to provide your skincare routine to readers.
This beauty website is all about helping you find the right beauty products for your skin type.
It also gives tips for applying the products.
Use it as inspiration for a site about tips for beginners.
This beauty website has a little bit of everything, including makeup tutorials, product reviews, and skincare routines.
It should help with ideas, whether you’re about to build a blog about seasonal tips or helping people with oily skin.
The Beauty With Hollie blog offers blog posts specifically about dealing with oily skin.
See how Hollie positions her knowledge, tips, and tutorials, and think about how you can do something similar while remaining unique.
The Skincare Edit is a beauty blog that focuses on skincare routines and provides advice on how to achieve healthy skin.
You will find inspiration whether you’re starting an oily skin blog, a beginner’s tips blog, or a general skincare blog.
What To Avoid in the Beauty Niche
Don’t start a new beauty blog until you consider common mistakes made by people in this niche.
1. Not Choosing the Correct Niche
When you’re first starting, you begin by choosing the right blogging niche.
Consider what topics you’re passionate about and what you can provide value on.
For example, you might love talking about lipstick, eyeliner, or skincare products.
At the same time, you might not enjoy talking about hairstyles.
2. Not Doing Proper Keyword Research
Keyword research is important for any blog, but especially a beauty blog.
That’s because beauty bloggers need to know what terms people search for when looking for beauty information.
Take time to learn how to correctly do keyword research for your niche.
3. Not Creating Quality Content
Your beauty blog won’t become successful if you don’t create high-quality content.
That means you need to build well-written, informative, and helpful blog posts.
You should also include images, videos, and infographics to break up your text and make your posts more visually appealing.
4. Not Using SEO Techniques
If you want people to find your beauty blog, then you need to use SEO techniques.
It requires that you include relevant keywords in your blog posts, optimize your website for search engines, and build backlinks.
Learn about on-page and off-page SEO.
Doing so will help you understand what you need to avoid, including website mistakes like having a slow website.
Similar Niches Worth Checking Out
Before you commit to building a new beauty blog, consider related niches.
You might discover that one of these other niches interests you even more than the beauty niche.
Don’t make the mistake of finding this out months or years into your blog-building journey:
- Fashion Niche: If you’re interested in beauty, then you might also enjoy the fashion niche. The niche is all about helping people find the right clothes and accessories to suit their style. You can write blog posts about the latest fashion trends, how to style outfits, where to buy clothing on a budget, and more.
- Health and Fitness Niche: The health and fitness niche is another option to consider. It’s a broad niche that covers everything from diet and nutrition to exercise and mental health. You could write blog posts about the best beauty products for working out, how to get rid of acne, or the importance of self-care.
- Evergreen Niches: If you want to build a blog that will still be relevant years from now, then you need to choose an evergreen niche. These are topics that people will always want to learn more about. Three examples of evergreen niches include relationships, personal finance, and stocks.
Frequently Asked Questions
You may have more questions about blogging in the beauty niche.
Here are the answers to two of the most commonly asked questions about the topic.
How do I find a makeup niche?
To find a makeup niche, consider your interests and experiences.
For example, you might want to talk about beauty products for sensitive skin or natural beauty products.
Alternatively, you might want to start a blog about contouring since it’s a popular beauty trend.
What are luxury niches?
Luxury niches are topics that focus on high-end products and services.
For instance, a luxury beauty blog might write about designer makeup or skincare lines.
Alternatively, a luxury travel blog might write about five-star hotels and first-class travel experiences.
The beauty niche is a quality option for bloggers who want to share their love of makeup, skincare, and other beauty products with the world.
The beauty niche is popular because people will always look for new information about beauty trends, how to look their best, and where to find the best deals on beauty products.
If you’re interested in starting a blog in this niche, remember to do your research and create high-quality content that will keep readers coming back for more.
Don’t try to go too fast or take shortcuts if you want your blog to become successful in the long run.
As well, avoid comparing yourself to more mature beauty blogs.
You can succeed if you keep a long-term perspective.