Have you ever dreamed about making a living by freelancing but just didn’t know where to start? If so, Freelance Superstar might be exactly what you are looking for.
- Freelance Superstar Guide – A 67 page guide which introduces you to freelance writing, how to build your brand, setting your rates, managing your freelance business and much more.
- WordPress Themes – 5 WordPress templates to help you on your journey.
- Tutorial Videos – 31 tutorial videos which explain the technical side of freelancing.
Freelance Superstar Guide
The guide should be the first thing you read after purchasing this course. Like most guides, the beginning of the book explains the basics of freelancing and highlights of entering the world of freelancing.
It then gives advice on choosing your niche, building your brand and setting your rates. Later on it shows you the best way to manage your business, how you can establish yourself as a top writer and how you can compete against writers from countries who charge very little.
All in all I was pretty impressed with the eBook. In particular I found the dozens of reviews of good freelancing sites useful. For each freelancing site they tell you the pros and cons of finding work there.
There are 5 WordPress themes available for download. Unfortunately, just like the other packages sold by Gobala Krishnan, all of these themes are the same, they’re just available in different colours.
To be fair, they don’t seem to be marketing the themes as part of the course so it’s hard to criticize them for it. The theme is available in blue, green, orange, red violet and stripe blue. I uploaded the themes to my personal blog. As you can see from the screenshot below, the theme is ok but nothing special. There are certainly better themes available for free.
For me, the WordPress theme is a bonus rather than an important part of the course. However, it would have been good if they had instead developed a better theme or alternatively, listed 20 or so good designs which would be good for a freelancers personal blog.
The videos are a great complement to the eBook. The book never gets too technical, which I think is a good thing. Instead, Monika and Gobala explain the basics of setting up a blog through a series of 3 modules. In total there are 31 videos in total.
Those who are finding it difficult start their first blog will find this section incredibly helpful.
- Module 1 – Web Marketing Introduction
- How to Register a Domain Name
- Getting Your Web Hosting from HostGator
- How to Change Your DNS in Godaddy
- How to Change Your DNS in NameCheap
- How to Install and Use FileZilla FTP Program
- A Brief Introduction to Using cPanel
- Installing WordPress Automatically Using cPanel
- Installing WordPress Manually Using FTP
- How To Clean Up A New WordPress Blog
- How to Change Your Permalinks Structure
- How to Customize Your WordPress Dashboard
- How to Create New Posts in WordPress
- How to Create New Pages in WordPress
- How to Use and Format Images in WordPress
- How To Install Plugins Automatically
- How to Upgrade and Delete Plugins Automatically
- How to Upload and Install Plugins Manually
- How to Upload and Install Themes Automatically
- How to Use WordPress Widgets in The Sidebar
- Using The Akismet Spam Plugin / Controlling Spam
- Getting and Using Gravatars for Your Blog
- How to Upgrade WordPress Using cPanel
- Upgrading WordPress Automatically Via The Dashboard
- How to Install and Set-up Windows Live Writer
- How to Use Windows Live Writer to Write Content
- Installing New Plugins in Windows Live Writer
- How to Create Backups for Your WordPress Blog
- How to Edit WordPress Theme CSS Styles
- How to Create a Static Front Page in WordPress
- Introduction to Getting a FeedBurner Account
- edirecting Your Default RSS Feed to Feedburner
The Freelance Superstar package was developed for those who want to make good money by writing for others. It does show you how to build a blog and how to market yourself through blogs but the course is more for those who want to freelance rather than those who want to build and develop their own blog.
The technical aspects of the course were written specifically for beginners however there is a lot of great content and advice for aspiring freelancers in the guide. I’ve never freelanced before nor have I read too many articles on the subject so I got a lot from the eBook.
I’d definitely recommend Freelance Superstar to anyone who is looking to establish themselves and blog for others.
Link: Freelance Superstar