In 2023, the job market is opening up, and blogger jobs, online jobs for college students, and digital marketing jobs are seeing demand like never before.
There are now positions for remote work and office jobs, yet many people struggle with resume writing.
That is where resume builders come into play.
Today we’ll be taking a look at some of the best resume builders currently on the market, and break down exactly why each is helpful for applicants when building their resumes.
Best Resume Builders In 2023 (Overview)
An overview of favorite resume builders from our comprehensive list below.. For detailed information on each pick, scroll down.
- ResumeGenius: Our Pick
- Resume.com: Runner-Up
- LiveCareer: Also Great
- My Perfect Resume
- AI-powered resume builder takes around 12 minutes to use - fast and efficient
- Huge variety of free templates for many different careers and fields of work
- The site's templates are research-based, built on data proven to get candidates hired
- This resume builder is highly intuitive and packed with features, but still very easy to use
- Get resume help from certified resume writers, giving you an advantage over other applicants
- Large library of resume examples and an easy-to-use Resume Builder with a simple tutorial
What Is A Resume Builder?
Resume builders take the stress out of the customization and presentation.
A resume builder is an application, software, or website that helps you create a resume.
They typically offer guidance on edits or creating a professional design.
To use an online resume builder, you’ll have to fill out the prompts for your past work experience.
Then, the builder will give different final products for you to choose from.
Some of the options may cost money, but it could be worth it for the proper look.
Can You Trust Resume Builders?
Yes! Many resume builders save time and effort in applying to positions.
They allow for quick resumes with personalization to fit your specific needs.
For many resume builders, all your information expires after use.
If you make an account, the data stays.
Is It Worth Using A Resume Builder?
For those new to creating resumes or those who just want to give their current resume a makeover, resume builders are a valuable tool.
They can help you create a professional final product with minimal effort.
Best Resume Builders For 2023
Here are some of the best resume template builders currently on the market.
Each is similar but has its unique benefits and price points.
Resume Genius is a popular free resume builder that offers both resumes and cover letters with ATS-friendly options for the final product.
Unlike other options, it also has an AI-powered edit option.
Resume Genius is the best resume template builder for most professional and creative fields.
- Each career has its personalized resume to best match the practices of that field.
- Designs can work with ATS or resume scanners without problems.
- For work experience, an A.I. edits your writing to advance the hiring manager’s understanding.
- Offers career-specialized options.
- Designs apply to both resumes and cover letters for a uniform look.
- ATS functional designs mean your CV won’t get lost in the shuffle.
- Download in standard formats, like DOCX or PDF.
- There are no hidden fees.
- Resume Genius offers such a variety it can be hard to choose the best design for your application.
- A limited design pool means a higher chance of other resumes looking like yours, making it more challenging to stand out.
- When uploading a resume, some files may not be accepted or will be incorrectly formatted.
Is Resume Genius Hard to Use?
The program is easy to use, even for beginners.
The interface is user-friendly and intuitive.
Pricing and Plans:
Resume Genius is available at no cost to the user.
Resume Genius is easy to use and is completely free.
It’s a great website to use if you are new to the resume writing scene or getting back into it after a long time away.
Resume.com is a website that helps with both resume and career advice.
One of the significant bonuses this site offers is the ability to have a resume focus, such as education, skill, experience, or personality.
Resume.com is one of the best free options for those who want to add a personal touch to their resume.
- Offers a variety of experience level resumes, such as those for people starting to apply or looking for senior work.
- It gives advice and helps with interviewing and getting hired, not just job-hunting and resume work.
- Resume.com offers helpful guidance on how to apply for your skill level.
- The website is easy to understand and manage.
- Focuses on how to apply per skill level, not just experience.
- Some resume guides explain how to go about changing your career field.
- Offers guidance on job searching and beyond.
- The site’s templates are research-based, focusing on what employers look for.
- Resume.com doesn’t have many resumes for creative fields.
- You have to have an account to make resumes or cover letters.
- Some articles and guides are not up to date, but many are.
Is Resume.com Hard to Use?
The site is highly intuitive and has a simple layout. It’s ideal for resume program newcomers.
Pricing & Plans:
All services through Resume.com are free for account-holders.
Resume.com is entirely free yet offers some of the most robust features available.
For that reason, we can firmly recommend it. We also love the unique, skill-based templates.
LiveCareer is a website that offers resume and cover letter creation with job postings.
One of the benefits of this option is a personalized resume created by their team of professional resume builders.
LiveCareer is best for those in-between jobs who want to get hired quickly.
It offers an application tool and details on current positions on the market.
- This paid option allows for various career levels to create a professional resume.
- A section of its website is dedicated to job postings, making applying for positions quicker.
- Offers more advanced and professional guides than other companies.
- Offers services specialized for senior positions.
- Apply with a single click on applications in your field.
- LiveCareer offers detailed guides on making the best resumes without using their software.
- Guides for job seekers.
- A library of expansive resume examples of past resumes and their resume template.
- Costs of the paid services can be pricy, starting at about $100.
- With many options and resources, it’s easy to get lost.
- Besides the comprehensive information, some website features are hard to navigate.
Is LiveCareer Hard to Use?
Because of the clunky functionality and genuinely immense number of options, LiveCareer comes with a learning curve.
Be aware that you’ll want to spend some time exploring all functionality.
Pricing & Plans (1-time fee for service):
- Entry ($99) is the best for professionals with less than two years of working experience. Offers a 1-page resume with a focus on potential.
- Professional ($199) is for people in the middle of their careers (over two years of experience). Offers a 2-page resume with a focus on progression and past accomplishments.
- Executive ($299) is best for people with significant experience. Offers a 3-page resume with a focus on advanced experiences and leadership.
Overall, LiveCareer is a strong option for executives or those looking for many resources.
While it has some downsides, such as a high price for paid services, the free library of information is helpful.
EnhanCV is a resume builder app that can be free to use, but the best option comes from payment plans.
The site is very professional and offers an A.I. assistant for creating your resume.
This site is best for those willing to invest in premium services.
While it does have free options, the best help comes from paid programs and services on the site.
- A paid option that can help with guiding long-term decisions for your career.
- The design library offers an array of creative, professional, and classic designs.
- Paid programs can provide help with LinkedIn profiles and interviews.
- The resume library offers options open to all members free of charge.
- Paid career programs provide help with much more than just resumes.
- Provides guidance on how to plan and use LinkedIn professionally.
- They offer resources and advice on job hunting.
- Some services can be paid for separately to save you money.
- Many of the major programs the website runs cost money.
- Plans start at $244 and cap out at over $600.
- Some primary resources have not been updated in the last year.
Is EnhanCV Hard to Use?
The template library is straightforward to navigate and provides plenty of options to fit your specific needs.
Some customers say that the text tools leave something to be desired.
Pricing & Plans:
- Essential Package – $244 for a professional resume, LinkedIn profile, and cover letter builder with all Pro features for one month.
- Executive Package – $454 for Essential Package contents plus help with interviews and job searching with Pro features for three months.
- Executive+ Package – $629 for all the previous packages in addition to compensation negotiation and six months of Pro features.
EnhanCV is a good option for those who want to pay for a streamlined job hunting experience.
While it is costly, there’s a benefit to having a team behind you while you are applying and editing your online resume.
Kickresume is a resource that helps with resumes and offers a website builder for your resume.
This means that you’ll have a professional website that you can use for scouting and portfolios.
Kickresume is best for those who might need some inspiration from successful examples while working on their resume.
- Many of the designs for Kickresume are unique and offer creative options.
- Resumes can be transferred to websites, allowing for digital use.
- Like resumes, cover letters can have a creative feel while matching your online resume and website.
- Across websites, resumes, and cover letters, you can have a similar feel for a personal brand.
- The designs offered are more personalized than others.
- The pricing is more affordable for paid options than others, coming in at $24 per month.
- There’s a significant focus on maintaining an online presence for job hiring.
- The guides offered are all up-to-date with information from the last few months.
- The free plan has only four designs available and doesn’t offer much else.
- There aren’t many guides available, even if they are all up-to-date.
- Some of the templates offered are extremely niche, making the library smaller than average.
Is Kickresume Hard to Use?
Kickresume is an extensive, yet easy-to-use resume maker for job seekers who want a truly unique touch without doing all the work themselves.
Pricing & Plans:
- Yearly – $96 every 12 months
- Quarterly – $39 every 3 months
- Monthly – $24 every month
Kickresume is best for those willing to pay over $24 per month for designs and an online presence.
While it does offer unique designs, it’s best to check out other websites if you need a more affordable resume builder option.
ResumeHelp is an online resume builder based on the idea of pre-written bullet points.
These focus on specific positions and skills but can be helpful if you’re struggling to write your resume.
Generally, ResumeHelp is best for those wholly lost on how to write and edit a resume.
It offers help that other resume creation programs don’t have access to.
- Pre-written bullet points help you nail professional language.
- Templates offered are all minimal with matching cover letter designs.
- It provides more information about what is needed for networking, interviews, and more.
- Some templates come with pre-written resume information, making it easier to edit.
- Prepared bullet points can help you decide what to put and how to word it.
- Options for those currently unemployed and how to handle it professionally.
- It offers a variety of popular questions and helpful guides for acing interviews.
- You can talk to a live chat specialist for your resume if you need assistance.
- You’ll need to pay at least $2.90 for a 14-day revision period to download your resume.
- Moving around the website can be difficult, as some pages don’t allow you to go back.
- Some online articles are not updated.
Is ResumeHelp Hard to Use?
ResumeHelp is not the most accessible program on our list.
Users report that they struggle to get their formatting just right.
Pricing & Plans:
- 14-Day Revision Period – $2.90 for a 2-week window for edits and downloads.
Overall, we recommend this website to those unsure where to start on a resume.
If you have an idea of where to start or know what you’re looking for, check out other websites before looking into this one.
7. My Perfect Resume
My Perfect Resume is a resume builder that can optimize your resume.
Unlike other builders, it can help with the length and details that will get you hired.
My Perfect Resume is suitable for any person looking for a strong resume and cover letter.
Optimization and templates that help you stand out without being too creative make it a good choice for most people.
- Offers assistance with choosing the best wording for your resume.
- Included detailed and up-to-date guides on how to apply.
- When writing your cover letter, My Perfect Resume will help with edits.
- My Perfect Resume has a Chrome addition that can help when applying for positions.
- Recommends particular templates based on your information.
- Matching designs will help make your work more uniform and organized.
- The builder can work in English (U.S.), English (U.K.), French, Spanish, and Italian.
- Some designs come in formats for chronological or functional, depending on your experience.
- Building your resume can be a long process with so many options.
- It can be hard to move around the website as some places do
- You can find some designs on other resume builders.
Is My Perfect Resume Hard to Use?
The abundance of options can be overwhelming, especially if you’re looking for a fast and easy resume builder.
Pricing & Plans:
- 3-Month- $5.95
- Annual- $71.40
Generally, we recommend that those with experience with online builders give this one a shot.
Newcomers to these types of programs may find it overwhelming.
Why We Suggest This
Overall, Resume-Now is a good choice for those who know what they want in their resume without paying extra. If you choose to pay the premium cost, you’ll get access to a more extensive template library.
- Best For: People who have applied to positions before and know what they are looking for
Resume-Now is a builder that has a personal touch.
The templates are unique and come for several jobs without repeating designs.
It doesn’t allow for many optimizations, but it is an easy-to-use program.
Resume-Now is suitable for people who have applied to positions before and know what they are looking for.
Mainly, it helps with formatting and designing a resume that you are proud of.
- The resume builder itself is easy to use and manage.
- Get professional assistance for only $20.
- The website is easy to use and offers excellent resources.
- Professional expertise add-on allows for quick and cheap expert advice on how to edit your resume.
- The website doesn’t have many drawbacks and allows for backward movement over most areas.
- Offers job listings on the website that you can apply to.
- Guides on different career choices, including typical duties and responsibilities.
- Various designs and formats depending on what jobs you are applying for.
- The builder is minimal, making it easy to use but without optimizations.
- Some templates are very similar in design.
- For extra services, it does require payment for any additional benefits.
Is Resume-Now Hard to Use?
Resume-Now is exceptionally easy to use, thanks to its pared-down interface.
You can build your resume quickly with little fuss.
Pricing & Plans:
- Full Access – Costs differently depending on the pay scale.
- Expert Assistance – $20 per meeting as they assist you in re-writing and editing your resume and cover letter.
Overall, Resume-Now is a good choice for those who know what they want in their resume without paying extra.
If you choose to pay the premium cost, you’ll get access to a more extensive template library.
Resume builders offer templates for resumes, cover letters, and C.V.s to help you stand out during the hiring process.
The best builder offers suitable templates for your industry and features for your skill level at a price point you can afford.
Be sure to do your research to get the most out of your investment in your future.