Having an online presence is key to having a successful small business.
For that reason, having a high-quality website is critical to reel in customers.
In the past, people had to pay a significant amount to have someone design a webpage for them, but technology has changed in recent years.
Now you can easily create your own in no time at all.
To help you in this process, we’ve found the best website builders for small businesses.
While our top pick is Wix, there are several fantastic options.
- Best Website Builder for Small Business (Overview)
- An Overview of the Best Website Builder for Small Business
- Best Website Builder for Small Business
- Features To Look For In Website Builder for Small Businesses
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Wrapping Up
Best Website Builder for Small Business (Overview)
We’ve included an overview of our top picks below. For detailed information on each pick, scroll down.
An Overview of the Best Website Builder for Small Business
When looking at the resources available, you may not know precisely what you’re looking for in a website builder.
With these tools being a new addition to the industry, there are a lot of questions surrounding exactly what a website builder is and what it does for small business owners.
What Is a Website Builder?
In the past, when a business owner wanted to have a website dedicated to their business, they would need to:
- Learn how to build it themselves with HTML.
- Hire someone with that knowledge to do it on their behalf.
Because HTML is a time-consuming programming language to learn, most would end up forking over the money to have a professional make the website for them.
Often this would take a great deal of time to complete and include multiple revisions.
However, with the new additions to the internet, you can now secure free and paid versions of online platforms that help you to construct a complete website with minimal effort.
Once you sign up, you can select various themes, color palettes, and fonts to create a customized website for your business.
Why Should You Use a Website Builder?
Ultimately, using a website builder allows you to save money and time while simultaneously having a high-quality home base on the internet for your business.
While you often don’t think about it, poorly designed websites can cause prospective customers to go elsewhere.
Likewise, if they can’t find the information they’re looking for, they’re more likely to seek out a competitor than call the business directly.
Small businesses don’t often have a massive marketing budget.
Therefore, hiring a web designer to make a custom webpage is often out of the question.
Using a website builder allows them to have a place among their competition, but without spending every penny of profit they’ve earned.
Best Website Builder for Small Business
When you start the search for the best website builder for your small business, you can quickly become overwhelmed with the massive amount of possibilities available online.
For this reason, we’ve listed the best website builders for small businesses below.
The simplicity behind the Wix platform makes it an excellent fit for those with limited web design experience.
To create your webpage, select a theme that appeals to your company and design aesthetic.
You then customize your layout with a simple drag and drop feature.
With Wix, you can create the main page and multiple additionals.
The downfall to this budget-friendly option is that if you choose the lowest plan, you will have ads on your page.
- An array of custom templates
- Mobile application option
- Professional design assistance
Wix has over 800 custom templates for users to include on their site and additional features that help you create your own mobile application.
Furthermore, Wix gives you the option to hire a professional designer if you feel like you need further assistance with your page.
Best overall website builder.
- Intuitive and valuable interface: You’ll notice that Wix has a natural flow to its design, allowing you to effortlessly navigate around the platform.
- Assured security: Wix’s amount of encryption is very high quality. You can feel confident that your data is in a safe place.
- Fantastic design templates: Having a website that stands above the rest is a plus. Wix has enough customizable templates that you can create your own custom corner of the internet.
- Elements are very flexible: When you select a template, you aren’t resigned to using it in that set structure. Instead, you can manipulate the design to work for what you need.
- Has automatic site backup: With Wix, you don’t have to worry about your site crashing and losing all of your information. Each page comes with an automatic site backup to keep your data safe.
- The starter plan comes with ads: Although it’s free, site visitors might find having ads pop up annoying. These ads can also detract attention from your business.
- Limited creativity due to drag and drop design: While you can customize your layout, it’s still restrictive compared to other website builders on the market.
Is Wix Hard to Use?
As a website builder platform, Wix is incredibly easy to navigate.
The drag and drop mechanism utilized for customization allows you to create your dream site without knowing anything about programming.
The interface is also streamlined and intuitive.
Pricing & Plans:
- Connect Domain: $4.50 per month (the most basic option)
- Combo Plan: $8.50 per month (best for personal use)
- Unlimited Plan: $12.50 per month (for entrepreneurs and freelancers)
- VIP Plan: $24.50 per month (top package with priority support)
Our impression of Wix is that it’s one of the best options available for those just starting out and needing a functional website with a great appearance.
From start to finish, the process is quick, and you can easily have your entire site completed in just a few hours.
However, you may run into some issues if you’re looking for more complicated features.
While you can incorporate those elements into your page, the ability to do so isn’t as simplistic as the drag and drop functionality.
If you’re looking for things like e-commerce or the ability to schedule appointments, creating your site will take longer and come with a steeper learning curve.
What’s nice about Squarespace is that you can quickly adapt the website to meet various needs.
For instance, if you’re a photographer, you can manipulate the themes and layouts to act as a portfolio of your past work.
Additionally, if you operate a small boutique, you can include elements that allow you to serve as an e-commerce shop.
You can even allow customers to have their own members-only space on your site, giving them access to their account status and promotional information.
Best for customization and niche markets.
- Free trial
- Wide variety of beautiful themes
- Various custom templates
When using Squarespace, you can access all features through a free trial.
Therefore, you don’t have to immediately commit to using the website builder for your small business site.
Additionally, you have access to various themes and templates for creating the website of your dreams.
- Easy to use back-end design: The website builder is very user-friendly, allowing you to create a website without stress.
- It comes with a bundled approach: You can choose to use only the website builder or tack on some of the other options available through Squarespace.
- Good customer support: If you run into an issue, there are many different routes you can utilize in reaching support. The support team is responsive and helpful.
- All in one platform: You can easily accomplish everything in one place without operating out of several different outlets to get the job done.
- Has a large selection of templates available: There are many unique templates you can use for building your website. You aren’t limited to a few choice options.
- It can be expensive: You pay for the various features associated with the website builder.
- No third-party extensions or plugins support: If you use integrations, Squarespace doesn’t assist with that aspect of your website.
Is Squarespace Hard to Use?
While Squarespace doesn’t have the same drag and drop functionality as Wix, its admin side is very user-friendly.
No coding knowledge is needed, and all templates available are easy to edit to make the site work for you.
Pricing & Plans:
- Monthly Personal Plan: $23 per month (no commerce options available)
- Annual Personal Plan: $16 per month
- Monthly Business Plan: $33 per month (no point of sale or customer features)
- Annual Business Plan: $23 per month
- Monthly Basic Commerce Plan: $36 per month (no subscription or advanced discounts)
- Annual Basic Commerce Plan: $27 per month
- Monthly Advanced Commerce Plan: $65 per month (all-inclusive plan with all features)
- Annual Advanced Commerce Plan: $49 per month
Whereas Wix allows you to do simple tasks and develop an attractive web presence, you’ll be able to incorporate more high-end elements with Squarespace.
While the process isn’t as simple as what Wix affords you, the template editing is relatively straightforward and requires no coding knowledge.
We appreciate the ability to add different applications to make a simple website into a high-end platform that can help your website work for you.
The ability to insert e-commerce functionality, scheduling, or exclusive member areas allows you to have a more hands-off approach to selling.
The GoDaddy platform acts as a one-stop shop for many aspects of web design.
Not only can you purchase web domains and hosting, but you can effortlessly create a beautiful website for your small business.
Additionally, GoDaddy caters to entry-level designers and those who are experts in coding.
The platform has features that speak to each group, allowing you to create a basic online presence for your business or a highly detailed one.
Best budget-friendly option.
- Various design levels
- Great for beginners and advanced level designers
- Several services available in addition to the website builder
Web designers of all levels appreciate the many features available through the GoDaddy website builder.
While many amenities are easy to use for those at a more beginner stage, there are just as many that are usable by experts in the field.
This variety allows you to incorporate new things as you learn the necessary skills.
- Affordable prices: You can easily find a plan to suit your website needs and your small business budget.
- Supports multiple payment options: For those with an e-commerce-focused business, GoDaddy allows you to exercise more than one payment option for customers.
- They offer many bonuses: Throughout the year, you can participate in various company promotions, including referral bonuses.
- Good reputation: GoDaddy is well known for its focus on internet technology and innovative services.
- Come with various hosting options: You aren’t limited to just one hosting package when building your site. There are several to choose from that will fit a variety of needs.
- GoDaddy has restoration fees: If you find yourself in a jam and need to get information back that has been lost, you will be charged a fee for the process.
- Lack of live chat support: While GoDaddy has an excellent customer support team, they don’t offer live chat support.
Is GoDaddy Hard to Use?
Compared to Wix and Squarespace, GoDaddy is a bit more difficult to use.
Although the platform isn’t complex by any means, it does lack any drag and drop feature or an easily editable template.
However, the back-end functions are easy to learn, and many adapt quickly.
Pricing & Plans:
- Basic Plan: £4.99 per month (allows for payments and marketing)
- Standard Plan: £7.99 per month (everything in Basic with online appointments and advanced marketing features)
- Premium Plan: £11.99 per month (online store, marketplaces, and point of sale functionality)
- E-Commerce Plan: £13.99 per month (all-inclusive plan with automated features)
We like GoDaddy because it gives you a window to try new techniques and features as you get comfortable with the platform.
The customization with this website builder isn’t as limited as others on the market.
With GoDaddy, you can level up on your own accord and take each new task head-on if you wish.
The fees associated with the website builder, hosting, and domain names are also highly reasonable compared to other companies.
One of the most excellent perks about using Weebly for your small business is that it’s powered by Square.
If you use Square for your cash register and accounting measures, you can effortlessly intertwine the two for specific business website elements.
This feature allows you to simultaneously run your business in-person and online.
While you may think this only applies to physical items, it’s also possible to sell services through your web page without any communication with a customer.
Best for integrating with other apps.
- Ease of use
- Smooth operation
- An array of customizable templates
Weebly has an easy interface that allows you to customize your webpage without issue.
While they may not have as many templates and layout options as other website builders, you’ll still create an attractive website that operates without a problem.
- Terms are easy to understand: You won’t feel like you’re having the wool pulled over your eyes when you glance through the terms and conditions. Everything is laid out clearly.
- Easy to purchase domains: If you choose a custom domain for your site, you can quickly obtain one through Weebly.
- Simple and efficient page management: If you need to make quick updates to your page or add new material, the process is straightforward and can be completed in just a few steps.
- Integration of other apps: You aren’t limited to just using Weebly on your new website. In addition to the features within the website builder, you can bring outside integrations with other apps into your design.
- Strong support community: Weebly provides an outlet for customers to ask questions and receive feedback from one another.
- The platform experiences occasional glitches: At times, your site may experience downtime due to glitches in the Weebly system.
- Limited customization: You won’t have the same level of alteration as you do with other builders.
Is Weebly Hard to Use?
Using Weebly can come with a bit of a learning curve.
You don’t have drag and drop functionality, but the templates aren’t difficult to customize.
It can be confusing learning which areas you need to navigate to in order to change specific settings, and you may need to tweak portions of your sales portal that runs through Square to accommodate all of your website needs.
Pricing & Plans:
- Free Plan: $0 (essential use)
- Connect Plan: $5 per month (connect to a custom domain)
- Pro Plan: $12 per month (link to a custom domain and enjoy advanced customization)
- Business Plan – $25 per month (inclusion of growth features and enhanced marketing options)
Since Square is a top performer in sales channels for in-store and online operations, it seems second nature to have a website builder that coordinates with the information already entered into your Square system.
You’ll notice that both Weebly and Square operate similarly.
Therefore, if you’ve been using the Square application for some time, it’s likely that Weebly won’t be a concern for you when using the platform to build a small business website.
As one of the cheapest options for a website builder, Zyro comes in with a competitive price and an extremely user-friendly interface.
While the company isn’t as well known as others on the list, it’s quickly rising in popularity.
With Zyro, you not only receive the ability to create a business website in no time, but you also have access to a ton of free images that you can use on your page.
Best for ease of use.
- Simplistic and intuitive operation
- Low cost
- 24/7 customer support
Zyro is essentially a bare-bones option when it comes to a website builder.
While you’ll get a fantastic result, you also won’t struggle to figure out how to use the advanced features.
The low cost and 24/7 customer support is a huge asset for those new to web design, although some have found it to be a bit unreliable.
- Very simple to use: Zyro doesn’t offer many advanced features, so you can efficiently operate the platform.
- It comes with handy app integrations: If you want to combine specific apps into your small business website, you can do so with the integrations offered through the website builder.
- Multiple payment options: If you offer goods or services for sale through your site, you can provide your customers with multiple payment options during purchase.
- Useful page-building grids: Zyro allows you to easily align your layout and design with their page-building grids embedded in the platform.
- Countless free images: When you use Zyro, you don’t have to incur an additional cost in purchasing stock images as they’re provided for free in your plan.
- Limitation in customization: While you can alter the templates and layouts, your range isn’t at the same level as other website builders.
- Unreliable support: Zyro customer support doesn’t have many options for contacting the company for assistance.
Is Zyro Hard to Use?
Truthfully, Zyro is one of the most accessible website builder platforms to use.
The company’s simplistic layout and functionality help new users get the job done quickly.
Additionally, having a 30-day money-back guarantee allows you to test the features and decide if it will work for you and your small business.
Pricing & Plans:
- Website Plan: $2.99 per month (create a portfolio, website, or personal blog)
- Business Plan: $4.99 per month (sell items with the e-commerce features)
- Online Store: $8.90 per month
- Advanced Store: $15.90 per month
In considering our review of Zyro, we find ourselves looking through the lens of a person who has just started up a business, has a million things on their to-do list, and has limited finances.
For those individuals, Zyro is a fantastic option.
Not only is the price right, but you can also test out the platform before committing to it long-term.
Moreover, you can use free images to construct your site and even integrate different applications.
As another company newer to the group, Duda caters to small business owners who are in a rush to get a quality website up for customers to use and receive information.
To help with this, they offer an easy-to-use interface and trendy layouts.
When you see a Duda site, you won’t be able to tell that it was created in record time.
With an onslaught of widgets, various font and template options, and a content library, you’ll have everything you need right at your fingertips.
Best for international use and trendy designs.
- Quick site response times
- Internal database for analytics
- Translation integrations
One of the best attributes of Duda is that its core resides in having a fast working site for its clients.
They have a framework within their database that measures things like user experience and site speed.
Additionally, they have the functionality to translate website content into various languages for international use.
- Offers reasonable creative control: You can easily tweak your chosen template to meet the needs of your small business website.
- Simple and easy to understand: Duda has a natural layout that helps you navigate the website builder for small business presence expansion.
- Features multiple widgets and apps: You aren’t just limited to a bare-bones website as they have many widgets and apps that you can implement into your site.
- Handy backup restores feature: Duda routinely backs up your data so you can have peace of mind that your information and content are safe.
- Perfect for multilingual sites: For those who operate internationally, Duda has integrated technology that allows your site to translate into various languages.
- Expensive: You’ll pay more than you would on other sites due to the advanced features provided by Duda.
- Limitations in search engine optimization: The website builder doesn’t offer the ability to include SEO in the back-end portions of your website.
Is Duda Hard to Use?
With a company goal of allowing its users to get a website up and launched in a short period, Duda has made its platform a streamlined experience.
You’ll find that the builder is exceptionally user-friendly, and you can naturally build your page.
Beginners will appreciate the intuitive interface that’s easy to operate.
Pricing & Plans:
- Basic Plan: $14 per month billed annually (based on a per-site basis)
- Team Expanded Acess Plan: $22 per month billed annually (permits expanded access to staff members)
- Agency Plan: $44 per month (includes multiple websites and broad access)
- Custom Plan: Varies by need (Duda will tailor features to your needs and negotiate price)
There are many elements of the Duda website builder that we appreciate.
For starters, focusing on helping clients build a website quickly is always a bonus, especially when you have a to-do list a mile long and are trying to get your new business up and running.
We also love the trendy style of the templates available for use.
They rival the top-designed websites with their attention to detail and color schemes.
Lastly, the multi-language functionality is an easy addition that makes a significant impact.
The German-based company of Jimdo is a hidden gem in the website builder market.
It’s not as well known as others, but it should be.
The company has incorporated behind-the-scenes elements to help your site work efficiently without having to do additional work on your end.
Because it’s not as well known on the market, it isn’t oversaturated with customers.
However, the issue of support comes into play frequently.
You can’t use online chat or call the company for help with your website.
Instead, you’re limited to sending an email for assistance.
Best value for money.
- Two-sided platform
- Detailed customizations
- HTML editing capabilities
With Jimdo, you can quickly go back and forth between their website builder platform and the custom coding side of things.
On that side, you can plug in your own HTML if you wish and make more detailed customizations than what you can on the builder end.
- Very easy to use: The layout and navigation of the platform make it a straightforward and efficient process.
- Affordable: Pricing and plans associated with Jimdo are on the lower end for website builders.
- Responsive templates: Your website will have fast response times, leading to a better visitor experience.
- Allows for proper cookie management: Jimdo provides a database for monitoring cookies, allowing you to change things to increase response time.
- Allows for HTML editing: For those with experience in HTML, you can switch to the coding side of the platform to insert your own elements and have more detailed customization.
- Payment methods are limited: Customers won’t have expanded options for sales, which can add an element of frustration.
- Support is given by email alone: Jimdo doesn’t offer multiple options for customer service. Instead, you’re limited to submitting questions and concerns via email.
- Not US-focussed: The platform is catered more towards European users than American users, which can become complicated.
Is Jimdo Hard to Use?
Not at all.
Jimdo has an easy-to-use interface that allows you to edit available templates easily and plug in the needed materials.
However, if you have some level of knowledge when it comes to HTML, you can also tap into the back-end and customize your content through specialized coding.
Pricing & Plans:
- Grow Plan: $15 per month (business website)
- Start Plan: $9 per month (personal website)
- Play Plan: Free (basic features with subdomain)
- Unlimited Plan: $39 per month (professional online store and complete website)
It’s not as well known as it should be that things like cookies and site speed can significantly impact a user’s experience when visiting your webpage.
In fact, Google Trends reports that if a website isn’t fully loaded within seconds, a visitor is likely to leave.
So, we love that Jimdo takes the initiative to implement technology on the back-end that allows sites to move at the necessary speed.
This additional work on their end makes a huge difference in the experience site visitors have.
In what originally started as a blog site, WordPress can now do so much more.
While blogging is still at its core, it also serves as a website builder that can put together beautiful pages for businesses of all industries.
To use some of the features correctly, you’ll need a working knowledge of coding and HTML.
However, you can decide which template is best for your ability and change them as you see fit.
Most user-friendly option.
- Many integrations
- Open source templates
- SEO plugins
The amount of integrations that you can perform with WordPress is astronomical.
If an application has any sort of integration, it’s almost guaranteed you’ll find it available in the WordPress database.
- A wide range of plugins is available: You can easily integrate apps and features into your website.
- Responsive themes: Most themes are created to be fast-paced and provide an optimal user experience.
- User-friendly: The interface allows users to create without abandon or a lengthy learning curve.
- Has multiple SEO plugins: You can quickly increase your SEO rate with available add-ons.
- It is open source: The open source platform allows users to submit their custom layouts and themes for others to use.
- Certain themes decrease speed: A downside to open source is that not all of them provide a fast response time.
- Vulnerable to potential hackers: While WordPress is encrypted, there have been events where hacking has taken place.
Is WordPress Hard to Use?
Overall, WordPress isn’t overly difficult to use.
Its database is relatively user-friendly.
However, this may change if you select an open-source theme to include on your website.
WordPress doesn’t create these styles, which can be more challenging to edit.
Additionally, the size of the themes and the inner mechanics can reduce your response rate.
Pricing & Plans:
- WordPress Starter Plan: $5 per month billed yearly (subdomain and restricted customization)
- WordPress Pro Plan: $15 per month billed yearly (custom domain and ad revenue functionality)
We long for the WordPress of yesteryear.
Over the past year, there have been a lot of changes to the platform that makes detailed customizations more difficult.
The layout within the back-end operations is more confusing than it was, making it a challenge to make simple changes.
That said, WordPress serves a definite purpose in the small business industry.
The customer service is top-notch and incredibly responsive.
You also get endless amounts of themes and plugins.
If you aren’t looking for anything too fancy, you’ll love the services provided by Site123.
While it doesn’t give you a generic-looking website, you won’t have all the bells and whistles supplied in higher-end packages that competitors offer.
However, that’s perfectly acceptable for many small business owners just looking to get a place established on the internet for potential clients to receive information.
Being able to do so without any previous knowledge can relieve a lot of stress.
Best for web design novices.
- Quality free plan
- Multiple features
- Easy to use and navigate
What’s excellent about Site123 is that you can utilize the free plan and have a fully functioning website for zero out-of-pocket expenses.
While this doesn’t include a domain name, you will have everything else necessary to get you up and going with your small business website.
- Excellent site design: You won’t have to spend a lot of time getting familiar with the site before diving right in.
- Reliable customer service: There are fast response times from company service representatives.
- Library of free quality images: Your account comes with high-quality images that you can use throughout your website.
- It makes website building quick and easy: You can have your website up and running in a short time, with a highly professional appearance.
- It has a free plan: For those on a strict budget, you don’t have to sink funds into an expensive plan.
- It comes with layout restrictions: You won’t have unlimited customizations available to you as there are a few layout restrictions.
- Delayed loading speeds: Site123’s website response time isn’t as optimal as what other companies provide.
- The free version comes with ads: If you don’t want ads popping up on your website, you’ll have to upgrade to the Premium Plan, which can get pricey.
Is Site123 Hard to Use?
Site123 is adamant about creating an easy-to-use platform.
Your ability to create a high-quality website is relatively simple, and beginners will catch on quickly.
However, the amount of customizations you can do is limited due to the restrictions on the platform.
Pricing & Plans:
- Free Version: $0 (basic operations and limited layouts)
- Premium Plan: $12.80 per month (free domain and removal of company branding)
While we appreciate Site123 for how simple the process is for making a beginner website, we wish that the response time was faster and that you could make more customizations.
We also like that you can get everything set up for nothing.
It’s important to note that when you go with the free plan, you only get a subdomain, meaning that it’s not a customized URL to your business.
When you take this route, it’s more difficult for customers to find you.
If your small business revolves around selling, building your website with Shopify will help you to have all the integrations you need to sell more successfully.
With many layouts and the ability to transition easily from one platform to another, it’s ideal for those looking to boost sales online.
Best for e-commerce stores.
- There are many e-commerce capabilities
- Plenty of customization options
- Specialized marketing tools and capabilities
Shopify is geared towards online stores.
While you can make a site through them for other industries, you won’t be able to customize it to your liking.
With an e-commerce focus, you can manage your sales, market to customers, and monitor inventory in one spot.
- Beautiful storefront themes: You’ll have access to various unique themes with modern aesthetics.
- Variety of plugins: There’s no limit on the number of integrations you can utilize, including wishlists, logins, and more.
- Amazing support team. The customer service and support are top-notch, offering fast response time and friendly service.
- Offers you must-have marketing tools: Shopify provides an arsenal of marketing tools for you to boost your e-commerce sales.
- Simple to use: The Shopify platform is incredibly user-friendly and gives a no-stress experience to customers.
- Functional plans are expensive: The number of functions and integrations available equates to a higher price for plans.
- You can only sell from selected countries: There are restrictions when selling to certain countries, making having an international clientele more difficult.
Is Shopify Hard to Use?
No, Shopify’s website builder is a simple platform to operate and navigate.
You will quickly come away with a sleek and sophisticated web presence for your small business by just clicking around and inserting images and text.
Pricing & Plans:
- Basic Plan – $29 per month (e-commerce functionality without a lot of customization)
- Shopify Plan – $79 per month (staff accounts and professional reporting)
- Advanced Plan – $299 per month (low transaction fees and premium features)
Shopify offers one specific service, and they do it well.
Suppose your small business centers around selling goods, then creating your site through Shopify makes sense.
Expanding your profit potential by extending your sales online through an e-commerce portal can make a huge difference.
Additionally, we love that the themes are different than what you would typically see online and that the customer service is top-notch.
For those new to the website building world, having people in your corner to help you in a pinch is appreciated.
Features To Look For In Website Builder for Small Businesses
When looking at various website builders for your company page, there are a few things that you want to keep in mind.
As we learned above, not all platforms are created equal.
Therefore, some may have features that others don’t.
Design Templates and Themes
When building a website, you don’t want it to look the same as others in your industry.
Often you’ll start seeing a trend develop as themes are created to fit specific topics and specialties.
A website builder with various templates and themes gives you a better chance of standing out.
Image Galleries and Image Editing
Starting a business comes with a great deal of budgeting.
Therefore, if you can find a website builder with a significant image gallery and built-in image editing, you can accomplish two tasks in one and save some of the cost.
Social Sharing Functionality
Everything comes back to social media these days.
If someone is impressed with a product or service, they want to tell others about it on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Having the built-in option to share a page on social media means your small business will effortlessly gain more traction.
Website Analytics and Reports
Internal reporting and analytics are the most critical areas to understanding your business’ traffic.
When reviewing these numbers, you can see what pages are most popular with visitors, where visitors come from, and how long they stay.
You can tweak your content with this information to better serve their needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
It can cause stress and anxiety when you know that you have to build a webpage but don’t have the knowledge to do so.
Thankfully, website builders have become more prevalent on the internet and can help us fulfill this need.
The inquiries below are some of the most common questions about the website building process.
How long did it take to build your website?
You can have your page up in hours when using a website builder.
However, this will vary greatly depending on how much information you need to put on it and if you need to gather things like pictures ahead of time.
Another thing that can impact the creation time is how many integrations you plan to include on your page, as some can be time-intensive.
How do you choose a small business website builder?
When looking at the different options for designing your small business website, it’s critical to consider the features suitable for your page.
If the builder doesn’t have the functionality you need, you should bypass that option.
You should also pay attention to the pricing per plan and what you get from each package.
Website Builder vs. CMS: What’s the Difference?
A content management system (CMS) is a database that holds all of your content and information.
However, the main focus of a CMS isn’t to build quality websites but instead to allow multiple users access to all data.
While some may offer webpage building, you may not get the look, design, and functionality you were hoping for due to limitations with the platform.
In our search for the best website builder for small businesses, we’ve come up with a list of high-quality options that speak to beginner designers.
However, the clear winner is Wix.
The various levels of advanced features and an easy-to-use builder platform give users of all different skill sets the ability to create a quality page.
Our second place option is GoDaddy for many of the same reasons.
We appreciate the vast array of services of this quality website builder.
With both Wix and GoDaddy, you’ll see that the features and amenities provided are some of the top attributes that one should look for in a website builder.
Additionally, you’ll find the pricing plans to be more than fair for what you get.
Have you used a website builder that isn’t listed above?
If so, let us know your thoughts in the comments!