Best Website Hosting – Choosing the Right Foundation

By: | Updated: July 22, 2021

Our website is supported by our users. We sometimes earn affiliate links when you click through the affiliate links on our website.

Hosting acts as the foundation for your website and it needs to be strong. Without the best website hosting for your business, you may spend more time dealing with technical issues than running your site. Here are a few tips to help you find the best possible web hosting for your specific needs.

Start with What You Really Need

Figuring out what type of requirements you have will go a long way to choosing a great website hosting company. You need to know how much disk space and bandwidth your site will use, along with the features you need for the project.

Maybe you want to start a blog on WordPress. If this is the case, you need to find the top WordPress web hosting company to fulfill your needs. Of course, you will still need to make sure the company offers enough disk space and bandwidth with the package you choose.

Most website, including those using WordPress, don’t need anything more than a shared hosting account. With FatCow, you can start with shared hosting for just $44 per year and it will work great for about 95% of websites. The other 5%, those websites belong to large corporations or they see hundreds of thousands of daily visitors. Those websites need VPS or dedicated hosting, which FatCow also offers.

Check the Reliability

Hosting companies must offer reliable servers or you’re not going to be happy with the hosting. Occasionally things do happen, as hosting is dealing with a machine and machines have issues. However, a great hosting company will eliminate as much downtime as possible with the most reliable servers and a back-up plan.

Great Support is a Must

One of the ways the best website hosting companies separate themselves from the mediocre choices is through great support. Whether you call to ask a simple question or you need help with a technical issue on your account, the support should be fast, knowledgeable, professional and friendly.

If you’re concerned about the support, test it out. Call the technical support line or open an online chat to see how fast they respond and how well they answer your questions. Great support usually means the company is very reliable. Make sure you find a top hosting company with excellent support for your website.

A Reasonable Price

Maybe the most debated thing when it comes to good or bad website hosting companies is price. Too high of a price may not provide the value you desire, while too low of a price may be a sign of something worse.

However, many of the best hosting companies for websites will offer a very low introductory rate for the first year or even longer. When they do this, it’s specifically to get you to try them out and allow enough time to prove to you that they are one of the best hosting companies on the planet.

After the introductory offer period, you will need to pay full price, but you will already know you have a trusted hosting company. It won’t be a big deal to pay full price considering it will still be very affordable.

Read the Hosting Reviews

The reviews found online for each hosting company will help with finding the absolute best choice for website hosting. You do need to be careful about reading reviews, however. It’s more likely somebody will complain than say something positive and some reviews need to be taken with a grain of salt.

Some hosting companies also pay people to provide a positive review of their services or even a negative review of their competitor’s services. When reading hosting reviews, make sure you look at those that seem genuine. Usually, they will state both pros and cons, as no hosting company is perfect.

Use these tips to help you find the best website hosting company for your specific needs. Whether you are starting a personal website or a new website for your business, the right hosting choice will go a long way to providing a strong foundation for your site.

FatCow provides excellent hosting for any website. With shared hosting starting at just $44 per year, you can get your website up and running fast. Of course, if you need VPS or dedicate hosting,FatCow has you covered!

by Brett Helling
Brett has been starting, growing, and monetizing websites since 2014. While in college, he began to learn about digital marketing. After graduating, he continued to build a diverse portfolio of websites while working a full time job. After years of building the portfolio on the side, he made the jump to run his websites full time.

Leave a Comment