Installing WooCommerce plugins enables you to add more features and functionality to your online store.
If you sell products, you can add comparison tables to help customers decide.
Meanwhile, service-oriented businesses like travel agencies can benefit from a plugin for online bookings and appointments.
However, not all plugins work well and fit your store’s needs.
So, which one should you choose among the thousands of available plugins?
We selected some of the best WooCommerce plugins to help boost your ecommerce store.
This list combines free and paid software and various functionalities to help you find the right plugin for your WooCommerce store.
The Best SUBJECT (Overview)
We’ve included an overview of our top picks below. For detailed information on each pick, scroll down.
- Booster for WooCommerce – Best Overall
- OptinMonster – Best Conversion Optimization Toolkit
- MonsterInsights – Best Google Analytics Plugin
- Jetpack – Top Security Plugin
- Uncanny Automator – Best for Automation
- HubSpot – Best for Digital Marketing
- All in One SEO – Best SEO Plugin and Toolkit
- TrustPulse – Ideal Social Proof Plugin
- PickPlugins Product Slider – Best for Sliders and Carousels
- LiveChat – Best Live Chat Support
- Stripe Payment Gateway – Top Payment Gateway for WooCommerce
- WooCommerce PDF Invoices and Packing Slips – Best for Automated Invoicing
- YITH WooCommerce Wishlist – Best Wishlist Plugin
- WooCommerce Multilingual and Multicurrency – Ideal for International Selling
- WPForms – Best Drag-and-Drop Contact Form Builder
- WooCommerce Product Reviews Pro – Ideal For Customer Reviews
- WooCommerce Wholesale Suite – Ideal for Wholesale Selling
- RafflePress – Best for Contests and Giveaways
- Advanced Coupons – Ideal Coupon Plugin
- Table Rate Shipping – Best for Custom Shipping Options
The Best WooCommerce Plugins for Your Store
Browse through our top list of plugins and choose the most suitable one for your WooCommerce site.
1. Booster for WooCommerce – Best Overall
Booster for WooCommerce offers a comprehensive plugin suite with over 100 features.
It covers essential features your online store needs, from PDF invoicing and payment to a custom delivery date and email.
It offers three reasonably-priced plans suitable for business owners, agencies, and freelancers.
There’s no free version or trial available.
- Create professional PDF invoicing and packing slips
- Display defined prices and different currencies
- Enable various payment gateways
- Use product add-ons
- Add custom input fields
- Provide a tailored checkout experience
- Include custom buttons and price labels
- Send personalized emails
Why Try It
You only need to install one plugin to add various features and functionalities. Plus, you don’t need to learn how to code.
It suits WooCommerce store owners who need various great features and full customization.
2. OptinMonster – Best Conversion Optimization Toolkit
OptinMonster is one of the most popular and powerful lead-generation and conversion software.
The plugin offers features to help show targeted messages, grow email lists quickly, reduce cart abandonment, and increase sales.
It offers four different plans that cater to different budgets and needs.
- Convert links or images into opt-in forms
- Show a targeted message before a user exits a page
- Create custom opt-in forms
- Launch multi-step campaigns
- Optimize campaigns for mobile devices
- Send personalized campaigns based on a user’s location
- Add various campaign types to your page
- Integrate OptinMonster with other marketing software
Why Try It
OptinMonster provides specific features to help turn website visitors into customers or subscribers.
Add this plugin to your ecommerce store if your goal is to grow your leads or customer base quickly.
3. MonsterInsights – Best Google Analytics Plugin
MonsterInsights offers a user-friendly Google Analytics plugin for your WooCommerce or WordPress website.
We recommend its Plus plan for small businesses since it includes all the basics you need.
However, it’s a bit more pricey than other plugins, so it’s best to get it during a sale.
- Set up GA4 and universal tracking across campaigns and devices
- Use enhanced ecommerce tracking
- Make Google Analytics compliant with GDPR, CCPA, PECR, and PIPEDA
- Track outbound link clicks, affiliate links, file downloads, and more
- See the analytics overview report inside your WordPress dashboard
- View quick insights for product pages while browsing
- Receive real-time reports on demographics, behavior, content, and more
- Integrate with different WordPress plugins, page builders, trackers, and more
Why Try It
WooCommerce store owners can use MonsterInsights to improve underperforming pages, create personalized experiences, and convert visitors to customers.
It also simplifies Google Analytics reports, making it perfect for entrepreneurs with no digital marketing background.
4. Jetpack – Top Security Plugin
Developed by WordPress experts, Jetpack provides tools to secure and protect your WooCommerce store.
It’s one of the most popular plugins to scan malware, remove security threats, and get real-time backups.
You can choose to install its tools individually or get its bundles.
Unfortunately, Jetpack doesn’t have a free plan, but it offers a 14-day money-back guarantee.
- Scan malware automatically
- Fix issues in one click
- Get real-time backups and one-click restores
- Enhance site speed
- Play ad-free and branded videos
- Provide users with instant and custom search
- Check site performance
Why Try It
Installing Jetpack can give your store extra security and protection, boost your SEO, and improve your site’s user-friendliness.
5. Uncanny Automator – Best for Automation
Uncanny Automator is a WordPress automation plugin that enables your plugins to work together automatically and seamlessly.
Its premium version starts at a reasonable annual rate. It includes one online store, hundreds of triggers and actions, and no per-transaction fees, among many others.
The plugin also offers a 14-day money-back guarantee.
- Create advanced automation
- Use a no-code automation builder
- Connect with over 100 apps and plugins
- Delay and schedule actions
Why Try It
It’s the perfect plugin for shop owners who want to reduce repetitive tasks and streamline their processes.
As a result, you can save money and spend more time on tasks that increase revenue.
6. HubSpot – Best for Digital Marketing
HubSpot is a popular customer relationship management (CRM) software that can help you manage customer data and engage your audience.
Installing the plugin will automatically sync itself to your customer data and order history.
It’s also a powerful tool for email marketing automation, abandoned cart tracking, and in-depth analytics.
- Capture all customer data and actions
- Add a live chat widget to your site
- Create bots to automate tasks and processes
- Include high-converting forms and pop-ups on your site
- Build responsive newsletters
- Send automated emails
- Gain insights via the built-in analytics
Why Try It
The HubSpot plugin is suitable for a WooCommerce or WordPress website focusing on lead generation and nurturing.
It’s also easily accessible since it has a free version with basic tools.
7. All in One SEO – Best SEO Plugin and Toolkit
All in One SEO (AIOSEO) is a well-known plugin for optimizing your shop’s SEO.
It helps you rank on the search engine and optimizes your store efficiently.
It includes a free plugin on WordPress to get you started.
However, you must have the paid version to access most of its features.
The software offers four different packages starting at affordable price points.
- Set up advanced SEO features on your site
- Create XML sitemaps
- Generate SEO meta titles and descriptions
- Integrate with social media
- Optimize your search appearance
Why Try It
If you want to increase your organic traffic and improve your overall SEO performance, add the All in One SEO plugin to your WooCommerce store.
Its user-friendly interface and simplified data make it convenient for beginners and seasoned shop owners.
8. TrustPulse – Ideal Social Proof Plugin
TrustPulse is one of the best WooCommerce plugins for social proof notifications.
It displays user-generated content or push notifications of real-time online purchases to build trust with visitors and encourage them to take action.
The free plan is only available through the plugin. Meanwhile, TrustPulse’s paid version starts at a very affordable monthly rate compared to other plugins on the list.
- Display real-time customer activity
- Show social proof to the right users at the right time
- Create custom notifications
- Use a no-code way to create notifications
- Receive detailed analytics reports on product pages
Why Try It
TrustPulse offers simple and user-friendly software to help establish your store’s credibility and entice customers to purchase or avail of your service.
9. PickPlugins Product Slider – Best for Sliders and Carousels
PickPlugins Product Slider allows you to add user-friendly sliders and carousels to your ecommerce store.
The plugin is free and includes most of the features you’ll need to build decent sliders.
However, you’ll need to download the paid version if you want more themes and layouts like recently viewed items and top-rated
- Autoplay sliders at custom speeds
- Set the number of slider columns for different devices
- Rewind or loop slider
- Pause slider when a user points at a product
- Customize slider navigation, background color, and text color
- Add slider dots
- Run with RTL languages
Why Try It
PickPlugins Product Slider makes it easy to create sliders and carousels anywhere on your site, whether on the home page or blog post.
We highly recommend this to shop owners with an unappealing product slider or no slider option in their WordPress theme or page builder.
10. LiveChat – Best Live Chat Support
LiveChat is a popular plugin for WooCommerce since it allows stores to add a live chat feature to assist customers 24/7.
Besides the chatbot, it works with Google Analytics, CRMs, email marketing platforms, Facebook Messenger, and more.
It offers four different plans catering to various team sizes and needs. However, the rates are slightly higher than others on this list.
Fortunately, it has a free 14-day trial using the Team plan features to help you explore the plugin.
- Save and reuse responses to common questions
- Add chat tags
- Send rich messages and announcements via chat
- Store offline inquiries as support tickets
- Customize the chat widget according to your brand
Why Try It
LiveChat is one of the few chatbot software that provides comprehensive tools and customization options to build a full-fledged live chatting feature.
We recommend this for ecommerce businesses that want to answer customer concerns instantly using a user-friendly and custom chat box.
11. Stripe Payment Gateway – Top Payment Gateway for WooCommerce
The Stripe Payment Gateway is the best payment gateway for WooCommerce stores looking for comprehensive international and local payment methods.
Among its features, the Stripe Elements feature helps quicken the checkout process by helping users fill out the information.
Stripe charges per transaction, but it offers custom packages for shops with large payments volume, high-value transactions, and unique business models.
- Accept major debit and credit cards like Visa, American Express, etc.
- Receive digital payments from Google Pay, Apple Pay, etc.
- Enable recurring payments
- Receive support for Web Payments API
- Send and receive payments across 40+ countries and up to 135 currencies
- Detect fraud using Stripe’s 3D Secure and Radar
Why Try It
Stripe’s various payment channels will help increase your sales by providing customers with convenient payment methods.
12. WooCommerce PDF Invoices and Packing Slips – Best for Automated Invoicing
The WooCommerce PDF Invoices and Packing Slips plugin makes invoicing easy for any ecommerce store.
The free basic plugin includes most of the major features.
However, getting the pro version will allow you to create PDF Proforma Invoice, send new orders and packing slips automatically to the printer, and get more stylish templates.
- Attach PDF invoice WooCommerce emails
- Download the invoice or packing slip from the order page
- Generate mass invoices and packing slips
- Customize invoices via HTML/CSS templates
- Use sequential invoice numbers
- Create invoices in different languages
Why Try It
The plugin is a simple and practical solution to slightly speed up your order process.
Moreover, automatically generating and sending invoices allows you to spend more time on important tasks.
13. YITH WooCommerce Wishlist – Best Wishlist Plugin
The YITH WooCommerce Wishlist is one of the most popular ecommerce plugins, having over 900,000 installations.
It’s similar to the “Favorites” feature on larger ecommerce stores.
However, this plugin integrates seamlessly with WooCommerce, as with other YITH plugins.
YITH developers offer a free live demo if you’re interested in how it would look.
- Select the page for the wishlist
- Display the “Add to wishlist” button on your shop page
- Customize columns in the wishlist table
- Save specific product variations
Why Try It
Adding a wishlist plugin will help customers create shopping lists or keep tabs on their desired products.
As a result, it helps increase returning customers and sales, especially during the holidays.
We highly recommend this to established online shops or those offering an extensive collection of products.
14. WooCommerce Multilingual and Multicurrency – Ideal for International Selling
The WooCommerce Multilingual and Multicurrency with WPML plugin offers translation and multicurrency features to start selling globally.
Note that it’s the only free plugin to show currencies based on user location, add currency switchers, and set exchange rates, among others.
However, you need to have the paid version of WPML to access the plugin’s multiple languages.
- Translate descriptions, categories, and reviews for all WooCommerce products
- Retain translation until the checkout process
- Send translated emails to clients
- Set currencies per location
- Format currencies
- Indicate prices and shipping rates in secondary currencies
Why Try It
Among the WooCommerce extensions, this plugin is one of the most practical ways to expand your store outside your country and engage with foreign customers.
Plus, the multicurrency features enable you to tap into foreign markets easily.
15. WPForms – Best Drag-and-Drop Contact Form Builder
WPForms allows you to create various types of custom forms, such as contact forms, polls, and surveys, for your ecommerce site.
This WooCommerce WordPress plugin also provides advanced features to create landing pages, smart conditional logic, form abandonment, and conversational forms.
The plugin offers three paid plans catering to different needs and offering reasonable prices.
- Drag and drop elements and custom fields to build forms
- Create smart, dynamic forms using conditional logic
- Produce conversational forms
- Build dedicated landing pages for forms
- Capture partial entries and follow up on potential customers
- Receive real-time notifications of form submissions
Why Try It
WPForms’ drag-and-drop builder makes it fast and easy for anyone to produce custom forms and pages.
It’s perfect for business owners who want eye-catching, engaging, and high-converting forms on their pages.
16. WooCommerce Product Reviews Pro – Ideal For Customer Reviews
The WooCommerce Product Reviews Pro plugin lets you add detailed reviews of customers to your product pages.
It also includes other functionalities to help customers share their reviews thoroughly and find relevant reviews.
The plugin only includes a paid version with a reasonable annual rate.
- Accept user reviews with photo and video attachments
- Add review qualifiers with a dropdown feature
- Enable users to sort and filter reviews
- Allow customers to update reviews
- Create upvoting and downvoting systems
- Add badges for employee or admin responses
Why Try It
It’s one of the must-have WooCommerce extensions since positive reviews drive more sales to online stores.
We highly recommend this to new stores that want to build credibility.
17. WooCommerce Wholesale Suite – Ideal for Wholesale Selling
The WooCommerce Wholesale Suite includes three plugins to help you set wholesale prices, provide a hassle-free order experience, and grow your list of wholesale customers.
- Manage wholesale pricing using different options
- Control product visibility according to user role
- Comply with your country’s wholesale taxing
- Instruct wholesale customers to use specific gateways for payment and shipping
- Set an order and product minimum
- Produce a one-page wholesale order form
Why Try It
This WooCommerce plugin suits businesses or suppliers dealing with bulk buyers.
Overall, it lets you gain more control over your wholesale pricing and process.
18. RafflePress – Best for Contests and Giveaways
RafflePress is a fun giveaway plugin for WooCommerce stores.
It’ll help you attract more online visitors, build email lists, and gain social media followers.
It comes in free and paid versions, making it accessible to most businesses.
- Create giveaways using intuitive builders
- Use ready-made templates
- Launch mobile-responsive contests
- Remove fraud entries
- Allow users to share contests easily
- Integrate with various social media, CRM, and marketing platforms
- Track and retarget users
Why Try It
Enabling contests and giveaways on your ecommerce website encourages users to visit your site, subscribe to your email list, or follow you on social media.
As a result, you can gain more leads, grow your online following, and eventually lead to more profit.
19. Advanced Coupons – Ideal Coupon Plugin
Advanced Coupons adds extra features to your existing WooCommerce coupon functionalities.
Using the plugin, you can apply shipping coupons, scheduled coupons, coupon URLs, and auto-apply coupons, among others.
You can download the plugin as free or paid software.
- Create “Buy One Get One” deals and gift cards
- Give coupons with special discounts
- Reward users with loyalty program points
- Check your users’ cart conditions
- Add shipping discount for shipping methods
Why Try It
The plugin offers various tools and features to customize your coupons.
Moreover, it’ll make shopping a rewarding experience for your customers and encourage them to make repeat purchases.
20. Table Rate Shipping – Best for Custom Shipping Options
Table Rate Shipping helps you set up custom shipping rates and flexible shipping processes for your and your customers’ convenience.
Specifically, it allows you to define multiple shipping rates according to item weight, shipping class, etc.
It only comes in a paid version but offers a 30-day money-back guarantee if you’re unsatisfied with the plugin.
- Set shipping rates based on price, weight, location, or item count
- Add several rate tables per shipping zone
- Include rules according to weight and number of items by class and price
- Indicate costs per row, product cost, and weight unit
Why Try It
Table Rate Shipping is one of the WooCommerce checkout plugins offering an intuitive user interface to add, remove, and duplicate rates easily.
Overall, it simplifies complex shipping rules and processes, speeding up and customizing your customers’ checkout experience.
Factors to Consider Before Installing a WooCommerce Plugin
Remember that not all plugins will benefit your WooCommerce store.
Before buying or installing a WooCommerce plugin, research and think about the following factors to make the right choice.
Consider Your Store’s Purpose or Goal
Are you selling products or services? Depending on your answer, you’ll need different plugins for your purpose.
For example, a product-focused store will need convenient plugins to help users easily find and buy your products on the site.
Meanwhile, a service-related site may need effective contact forms and pop-ups to increase leads and subscriptions.
Also, consider your current goal. Do you want to drive more traffic to your online store? Are you hoping to increase your sales?
Look for good plugins that’ll help reach your target.
Check for the Plugin’s Legitimacy
Plugins undergo reviews, tests, and approvals before being publicly available. However, some independent developers don’t uphold these protocols.
To be safe, always check if a WooCommerce plugin is available on WordPress.org, especially if it’s a free plugin.
If it’s a premium version, do more fact-checking by looking at the developer’s site or reviews from other users.
If you can’t find reliable information or reviews about the plugin or its developer, we recommend avoiding this software and finding something else.
Previous and new plugins that carry unresolved vulnerabilities can harm your store’s security and functionality.
So, before installing a plugin, consider searching for it on the WordPress Plugin Vulnerabilities database.
This page lists any known vulnerabilities a plugin encountered, and it also says whether the developers resolved these issues.
Fortunately, most developers fix issues immediately. However, we recommend avoiding plugins with unresolved vulnerabilities to protect your WooCommerce store and site visitors.
Look for Support or Contact Information
Since most software are prone to bugs and issues, one factor to check is the plugin’s customer service.
Does the developer provide 24/7 technical assistance? Do they include their contact details in their website or plugin’s information?
You can take this further by reaching out to the developer or customer support to see if they’re responsive.
Reachable, responsive, and helpful customer service is a good sign if a WooCommerce plugin encounters issues.
A plugin’s pro version often comes with premium support, but it’s best to be sure by checking online reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are Plugins in WooCommerce?
A plugin lets your WooCommerce store include additional features and functionality to help you run it effectively and efficiently.
You can use it to manage your inventory, track the shipping process, open various payment channels, boost conversions, and generate sales, among many others.
Are WooCommerce Plugins Free?
Many WooCommerce plugins are free to install and use. However, some offer a premium paid version if you need more and better functionality for your online store.
Is the WooCommerce Plugin Paid?
WooCommerce is a free WordPress plugin. However, you’ll need to spend on web hosting fees, themes, and plugins to create a custom and fully-functional WooCommerce store.
Boost Your Store With the Best WooCommerce Plugins
Installing WooCommerce plugins allows you to streamline your processes, personalize your customer experience, and increase sales through their various functionalities.
The key to choosing the best WooCommerce plugins for your site lies in your store’s issues and business payment goals.
So, start by identifying points for improvement, and consider the factors we shared above to make a well-informed choice.
Have you tried any of the plugins on our list? Share your review in the comments!