The book is part of the famous ‘Dummies’ series, which I’m sure you are all familar with.
It’s currently available on Amazon for $16.49 and will be available from most online and retail bookstores from February 3rd (such as Barnes & Noble etc). The book covers the basics of Blogger but it also has a few advanced tutorials that experienced Blogger users will find useful.
Susan is being kind enough to send me a copy of the book so I will do a review for you guys within the next month. In the meantime, Susan sent me a 60 page PDF preview to give me an idea of the quality bloggers can expect from the book. In total there are 19 chapters. The first half of the book deals with setting up, maintaining and developing your Blogger blog. The second half concentrates on the main aspects of blogging like writing, promotion and making money. These are all written for bloggers who are using Google Blogger.
As you guys know, Blogger is a platform I do not have much experience with, so I am really looking forward to reading this book.
Here’s a summary of what the book covers :
- Learn the parts of a blog, what Blogger does, and how to choose goals and blog topics
- Choose a domain name, learn to use the dashboard, pick a template, and configure settings
- Dress up your blog with themes and find out where to get plenty of free ones
- Learn blogging etiquette and some secrets for long-term success
- Make money from your blog with Google Adsense, contextual and text link ads, and merchandising with CafePress
- Set up multi-user blogs or branch into mobile blogging, podcasting, or video blogging
- Take advantage of social networking sites and learn simple search engine optimization techniques
- Maintain your blog with tools like Blog This! and Quick Edit
- Moderate comments effectively, track your stats, and more
I’ll give the book a full review once I have read it cover to cover. Blogger users should keep their eyes peeled in their local bookshop as you should be able to have a quick read through it.