How many times have you sit down in a room, alone and tried so hard to come up with blog post ideas?
Ever had a situation when you were given a particular deadline to write a blog post for a blog where you freelance or you have set yourself a particular time to write a new blog post but you just cannot come up with one?
If you nodded your head to any of the above questions, this post is for YOU. But don’t worry. I have experience both the situations (when I started blogging).
The good news is that you don’t really have to worry about it anymore.
What if I teach you a method that I personally use to brainstorm blog post ideas without thinking hard? And what if YOU could follow the tips and come up with more posts than you could possibly write?
I use this method all the time and it works like charm for me.
So what’s the method I’m talking about? Reading books.
I hear you saying “Okay Ramkarthik, I knew this method already. Many bloggers say reading books is good for blogging.”
This post is going help you on how you can read a book and come up with many blog post idea. Let me put it step by step so that it is easy for you to read, understand and try it out. So here it goes:
1. Buy a book from your local book store or even better get it from a library. You don’t need to have this book with you permanently, though it would be better if you have it.
2. Read the book at a regular pace. You are not going rush things up. Slower you read, better the effect will be.
3. Every time you come across a good point, write it down in a paper. It is like notes taking that you did in school. You are going to note down each and every good point you come across.
4. Do this till the book is over or at least till you have around 20-30 points.
5. Arrange the points in categories. Say, if I read an inspirational quote, I’ll add it under inspiration. Do this for all the points. You should be having a couple of categories now.
6. Search every category in Google and learn the basics about the category. In my case, inspiration is quite an easy category and I already know the basic stuff.
7. Now sit down for sometime and create mind maps on how you can relate the category with your blog post. In my example, I’ll write something like “The single best known way to get inspired and write better content”.
8. Once the headline is done, I’ll use the points in the category as sub headings. This way you don’t have to think much about what you need to write in the post.
You have the headline, the sub headlines and you know the basic stuff. What else do you need to write a blog post?
Wait! It is not over yet. You can write more than one blog posts using every category. Say, I would write another post saying “The Same Method I use To Get Inspired Whenever I feel Depressed”.
Read a book, write down the important points, create categories, read the basic stuff about every category, relate the categories with your niche and write a blog post. Repeat until you have finished with all the points.
How do you come up with blog post ideas? Was this method useful for you? Please share your views in the comments.