Gone are the days when massive business decisions were based on intuition alone.
With the massive advances in data science, business owners can monitor market trends, get actionable insights from unstructured data, and have reliable visual analytics of their overall performance.
You don’t need IT experts to help you assess your business performance, as business intelligence (BI) tools have made predictive analytics a breeze.
Follow along as we help you understand how business intelligence software works and why data analysis is essential for business growth and sustainability.
We’ll also discuss the eight best business intelligence tools:
- The Best Business Intelligence Tools (Overview)
- What Are Business Intelligence Tools?
- The 8 Best Business Intelligence Software
- What Are the Benefits of Business Intelligence Tools?
- Bottom Line
The Best Business Intelligence Tools (Overview)
We’ve included an overview of our top picks below. For detailed information on each pick, scroll down.
- Oracle BI
- IBM Cognos Analytics
- Zoho Analytics
- Clear Analytics
- BiG EVAL
What Are Business Intelligence Tools?
For starters, business intelligence reporting tools are responsible for data mining from multiple data sources.
The data is then fed into an online analytical processing pipeline that generates interactive visualizations easy enough to understand, even if you’re not a well-versed data scientist.
The best business intelligence software streamlines your business operations. It also allows you to make strategic expansion calls as you’ll be doubling down on the aspects of your business model with the most return on investment (ROI.)
We can’t understate the business intelligence capabilities.
After all, such big data integration helped democratize the entire data analytics segment, making it more accessible to people without niche technical skills.
The 8 Best Business Intelligence Software
Now that you understand the high reach of business data, let’s delve into the best business intelligence tools for your company culture.
With powerful business insights, all your future decisions are backed up by reliable data models to reduce risk and maximize profits.
Let’s jump right into the best BI solutions you need to consider in 2023!
Let’s kick off our list with a BI tool built specifically for sales.
Pipedrive offers an all-in-one platform that manages data analytics while keeping track of your crucial business meetings.
Pipedrive offers hawk-eye data visualization. It removes clutter and allows you to master the software and make the most of its interactive dashboards in no time.
- Built-in integration with Google Sheets and Excel, which builds embedded analytics on top of your existing data warehouse
- Interactive reports that are perfect for identifying areas that don’t work and providing analytics solutions
- Data analytics act as a real-time conversion rate tracker, allowing you to reliably follow and retain new business leads
- User-friendly interface that’s easy to master, as it features drag-and-drop functions
- Data transformation tools are powered by Natural Language Processing (NLP) software that makes sense of unstructured data
- Feature-packed sales pipeline that can be customized to your needs to fit your products and services
- Automation tools that can take care of the entire sales pipeline on your behalf, taking away many of your admin duties
- Customer support is limited to email
You can try Pipedrive’s business intelligence tool for 30 days without a credit card.
A barrier-free entry ensures you get to experience the power of BI tools firsthand and feel confident spending as low as $11.90 a month on a market-leading BI software.
Sales managers with time-sensitive key performance indicators (KPIs) can benefit from an analytics platform like Pipedrive.
The advanced analytics features work on existing data sets and integrate nicely with the tools you already use, like Google Sheets.
Pipedrive is perfect for anyone who appreciates unified business analytics and looking for ways to remove clutter from their sales pipeline.
2. Oracle BI
Our next business intelligence tool is geared toward enterprise businesses. It offers end-to-end solutions for data visualizations, relational database reporting, and customizable query generation.
Mobile analytics can no longer be overlooked in this time and age, as they give you a more comprehensive picture of how the end user interacts with your business.
Oracle BI considers that concept and offers an analytics platform that operates on data discovery to give you the bigger picture of your overall business performance.
It’s also worth noting that Oracle BI takes the cake when it comes to market expertise.
This business analytics software has evolved since its foundation back in 1977. Nevertheless, it maintained its status as the go-to system for data analysts.
- Ad-hoc analysis that lets you control what data sources to reference and how to present online and offline reports
- Self-service BI that hosts all interactive dashboards, visual analytics, and other business data on dedicated servers that enable accessibility and collaboration
- R-scripts offer pre-built functions that significantly speed up data analytics
- A mobile data analytics platform that you can develop with zero experience in coding
- Efficient data pipeline with outstanding query speeds
- Predictive analysis that enables augmented analytics to play a bigger than-ever role in future-proof decision-making
- Data visualization that can be customized to fit the roles and clearance levels of individual employees
- Data mining can be time-consuming
It comes as no surprise that Oracle BI is on the pricey side, as it’s a business intelligence tool built from the ground up specifically for enterprises.
The entry plan starts from $87.25 per month. However, Oracle offers a 30-day free trial period to test the analytics platform and ensure it fits your business well.
Oracle’s embedded analytics make it stand out among other business intelligence solutions. After all, the BI tool can transform data and create mash-ups by simply running R-scripts.
If you’re looking for the top BI tools for enterprises, Oracle should be high on your list.
Artificial intelligence (AI) is at the core of any BI software, and Datapine is no different.
The business intelligence tool allows you to pull data from different sets and control the level of information presented in the final reports. It caters to businesses of different sizes.
Data visualizations are scalable, allowing you to enjoy the same data analytics features as your business grows and depends on multiple data sources simultaneously.
Like Pipedrive, Datapine offers drag-and-drop functionality, making the user interface less overwhelming for newcomers to data analytics.
However, this doesn’t mean that Datapine has forgotten about power users. Predictive analytics, data analysis process customization, and comparison with historical data are all possible through this BI tool.
Data scientists can push such tools to the limit and generate advanced analytics using only raw data.
- Predictive analytics that lets you pick data from multiple data sources, set the forecast parameters, and provides a confidence interval
- Automated business intelligence reporting with interval emails
- Multiple business users can have access to embedded analytics without compromising data security
- Codeless data analysis and visualization
- Real-time intelligence reporting that flags potential data anomalies and offers business insights on how to address them
- Business trends, simulated scenarios, and data discovery through predictive analysis
- Integrated mobile experience needs more work
You get a 14-day free trial period to test out the BI tool. After that, you can opt for the basic plan, starting at $249 per month.
Datapine made it into our business intelligence tools list thanks to its powerful data analytics.
It manages to walk the fine line between being accessible for newcomers and offering professional data analysts more advanced tools to leverage.
4. IBM Cognos Analytics
Want a business intelligence tool that can answer your queries in real time with human-like responses?
IBM Cognos Analytics has your back with its powerful AI algorithms and advanced machine learning. On top of that, it grounds all its data and ensures it’s relatable to your business.
Not all business intelligence platforms use data integration to grab extra overlays like geospatial identifiers and current market trends. For that, it’s refreshing to see IBM’s BI software taking the extra step to lead the pack.
- Capable of generating a single, coherent data stream by analyzing multiple data sources
- A data warehouse in the form of interactive reports and intuitive dashboards
- A drag-and-drop feature simplifies the user’s learning curve.
- Built-in AI assistant powered by Natural Language Processing codex for on-point responses
- Query tracking that allows you to review your most relevant key performance indicators without any hassle
- An expansive knowledge center that offers tips and tricks on how to maximize the business intelligence platform
- Built into the cloud to allow data visualization from any internet-connected device
- Less comprehensive dashboards compared to those offered by the competition
You don’t have to drop big bucks to get the best BI tools, as IBM offers an affordable yet capable business intelligence platform.
The basic plan starts at $10 per month for a single user, which includes collaboration tools.
You can upgrade your plan as your team grows and more employees come on board.
The icing on top is that you get a 30-day free trial to familiarize yourself with the business intelligence software.
IBM is pushing the boundaries of what AI is capable of with its virtual assistant tools.
Powered by machine learning, the business intelligence platform can provide seamless solutions to your queries and give you better insight into how to use data mining to grow your business.
5. Zoho Analytics
The most convenient business intelligence tools to adopt offer data integration with the business apps you’re already familiar with.
Even if the business intelligence software offers the perfect feature set, the switch might not be worth it if the new BI tool disrupts your workflow.
Thankfully, Zoho Analytics comes with 500 different integrations. It ensures that whatever software you rely on works seamlessly with the new-to-the-party business intelligence tools.
It’s also worth noting that Zoho offers Customer Relationship Management (CRM) technology, among other software bundles.
So, if your business lacks the software in one or more segments, you can count on Zoho to give you a stellar deal for the entire package.
- Online cloud storage solution from which the BI tools can instantly pull data to feed into your pool
- Simple yet powerful data visualization with drag-and-drop integration
- Data collection from different datasets for more comprehensive reports
- Collaboration tools that allow team members to share their screens, attach files, and comment on data visualizations
- AI virtual assistants via Zia, which present answers in widgets and make it easier to interpret info and address queries
- Geo-data integration for at-a-glance reports on business performance in different regions with actionable insights
- The ability to transform unstructured data into different categories and make navigating extensive data sets a breeze
- A steep learning curve for most features
Zoho Analytics offers a fully functional free plan, unlike competitive business intelligence tools.
It has some limitations, like the lack of a sales management system.
Nevertheless, the core Zoho functionality is uncompromised here, allowing you to empower your business with science-based evidence.
Business intelligence platforms offer business users all the tools they need in one place.
This includes geographical data correlation, AI assistants, and other software solutions like Zoho’s CRM tools.
You’d appreciate how intuitive data discovery can be with Zoho Analytics’ smart data collection and categorization.
6. Clear Analytics
Clear Analytics specializes in dealing with large datasets, giving you “clear” data visualizations and useful business insights.
This business intelligence tool is fast and responsive. It won’t take you forever to generate its signature interactive charts.
It’s also worth noting that Clear Analytics doesn’t falter when dealing with expansive data pools.
When other business intelligence software suffers, Clear comes to the rescue with a stutter-free experience and timely data analytics.
- A business intelligence platform that uses the industry standard drag-and-drop interface
- Embedded analytics for key performance indicators for easier business performance tracking
- Predictive analysis work frame for more accurate strategic planning
- Different channels for customer support, including email and phone calls
- Fully functional dashboards with embedded widgets
- A system that’s built from the ground up with hassle-free collaboration in mind
- A reliable alert system for prompt issue resolution and prevention
- Only available for Windows users
A 30-day free trial can help you determine if Clear Analytics is the business intelligence tool for you.
You can start your free trial with zero commitment, as you’re not required to provide your credit card information.
Once you’re ready to switch to the paid subscription, you can choose from various plans starting from just $29 per month.
If you’re looking for efficient, old-school business intelligence software, Clear Analytics solution is the way to go.
The software doesn’t offer cloud services, and you’ll have to download the app natively on your Windows PC.
So, you’ll be getting exactly what you’ve signed up for with no connection-related issues!
Coding knowledge is no longer a barrier to mobile analytics, as QlikView offers all the essential tools for building data analysis apps.
Automation is the name of the game. Once you specify your different data warehouses, QlikView will take care of the rest and provide intuitive visualizations.
With such reliable data analytics at hand, you’ll be more confident when making tough calls in business meetings.
Also, its unified business analytics comes with a convenient model that allows you to scroll through expansive datasets quickly.
- A business intelligence tool that syncs across different devices while ensuring online security
- Real-time data changes on reports, visual charts, and tables to help you focus on actionable insights and development opportunities
- A natural search engine is built into the business intelligence software to help you find any needle in the haystack
- Seamless integration with Google, AWS, and Databricks’ different services
- A business intelligence reporting functionality provides options for shared server reports
- Social data discovery feature that allows business users to weigh in with their unique perspectives to help shape your company
- A steep learning curve for the software’s more advanced analytics
The basic plan offers decent functionality at $30 per month.
If you’re unsure whether QlikView is the right call, you can try out the business intelligence tool by signing up for a 30-day free trial.
QlikView has been dedicated to providing user-centered software solutions since 1993.
This holds true with its business intelligence tools that offer indispensable analytics, an overview of industry trends, and insights on future growth opportunities.
It speaks for QlikView’s reliability that big corporates like PayPal, Deloitte, and NHS trust in their business intelligence reporting tools.
8. BiG EVAL
What better way to wrap up our list than with BiG EVAL?
The BI tool never stops checking the collected data’s validity to ensure you always make business decisions based on reliable analytics.
It also puts automation into great, ensuring your data models don’t take forever to bake in the processing pipeline.
You can get same-day data visualizations to guide your judgment when making key business decisions.
- A business intelligence tool that comes with tested practice validation models that reduce the margin for error
- Real-time business intelligence reporting
- Compatible with various extensions and works well with different test algorithms, which helps with relational databases
- The ability to customize tule sets and enforce specific test behaviors to ensure the BI tools work with your business strategy
- Prompt alerts to help you address potential issues with no delay or confusion
- Customer support services through instant chat or email
- All automation functions are grounded based on metadata, giving the data models more validity and more accurate predictive values
- On the pricey side compared to other business intelligence tools
Data analysts won’t have to break the bank for a reliable BI tool because BiG EVAL starts at $69 monthly.
At first glance, such a price point might seem higher than the competition. However, with the integration of data validity, and behavior testing models, Big Eval is a real steal.
You don’t have to take our word for it. The business intelligence tool offers a 14-day free trial period.
Entrepreneurs will definitely be satisfied with what BiG EVAL brings to the data analytics game. After all, the software is ahead of its competitors with its customizable data models.
All your business insights will become more grounded, and you’re to hit the predicted values in real life with BiG EVAL.
What Are the Benefits of Business Intelligence Tools?
Now that you’re all caught up on the best business intelligence tools on the market, let’s review the benefits that come with adopting top BI software.
Offers Self-Service Analytics
With everyone having access to the same data visualizations, different divisions can get into business without the constant back and forth with the IT department.
In other words, business intelligence tools democratize data analytics. You don’t need a degree in data science to use them.
As your workforce starts cumulating basic data analysis skills, your IT department will be able to focus on more technical issues.
This allows for an overall better utilization of business resources. After all, data mining is now automated and doesn’t require much involvement from your development team.
Ensures Cost Efficiency
This brings us to our second point, which is how business intelligence software promotes cost efficiency.
BI tools can take on large data pools, providing you with accurate customer behavior trends and overall sales performance.
This makes it easier to make calculated adjustments to your business plans.
Easy-to-interpret reports significantly cut the time needed to create business strategies. In short, you can make rapid changes and reap their results faster.
Get ready to witness unprecedented revenue growth by leveraging embedded analytics and data visualizations.
Provides Excellent Data Categorization
In this time and age, it doesn’t matter whether you’re a small independent business or a mega-corporate. Data analysis remains crucial for companies of different sizes and scopes.
Your business likely relies on data from multiple sources.
Relying on haphazard data sets is like operating blindly. So you need to get your data in order to make sense of your business performance and identify potential growth opportunities.
This is where business intelligence software comes into play. BI tools rely on data connectors to deliver one cohesive information stream that displays common data from different pools as one intuitive chart.
Once you take advantage of business intelligence reporting tools, you’ll find out how you’ve been missing out on such powerful tools.
With accurate predictable values, cohesive data management, and powerful automation tools, you’ll get exceptional business insight. Then, you’ll become more confident when tackling new growth opportunities.
Big data is the future, and we can’t wait to hear how your entire business strategy has shifted for the better by simply bringing in reliable business intelligence software to take over!