When you look at the way blogging has changed, new bloggers have it a bit difficult today. They have to deal with more blogs out there in every niche. Now, you need to be putting up posts with 500 words minimum and mixing in longer posts, when possible. Before, 300 words may have been all you really needed for search engine ranking.
However, if you want to create a successful blog, you have to put in the time and effort. It doesn’t hurt if you can find a way to blog smarter. If you want to increase your blog traffic and build your blog income, use these four tips to blog smarter and gain more traffic.
Blog Smarter-Invest Cash into Your Blog
When you invest into your blog, you can make it look better, market it easier and make your life as a blog owner easier. You can invest in many blogging tools and marketing efforts including:
- Blog Productivity Tools – Spend $15 to $75 per month and you can use tools to help build your email list and keep your editorial calendar. You can even through in a social media tool to help you with your blogging.
- Build your Audience – When you invest $75 to $200 per month into building your audience with Facebook ads or on other social media channels, you can gain many new followers fast.
- Invest in Blogging Courses – Sure, you can invest a few bucks in a simple guide, but if you want to get the most out of your blog, you need to spend $250 to $500 on a real blogging course. This will cover everything form the elements of your blog to social media marketing and so much more.
There are many other ways you can invest cash into your blog, but these are the best choices to get you started in the right direction.
Managing a blog full time can take over your life. It’s better if you start outsourcing some of the tasks. You can pay for somebody else, usually an expert, to do many different things for your blog. Some of the things you can outsource include:
- Search Engine Optimization
- Content Writing and Curation
- Design and Graphics
- Social Media Posts and Management
- And More!
Outsourcing can make it much easier for you to get the most out of your blog without having to do all the work yourself.
Request Guest Blog Posts
A very powerful way to get great content for your blog and get more traffic for your blog is to use guest posts. Not only can you provide them for other blogs, but you can also ask trusted bloggers to provide them for you.
This is a great way to fill in your content when you don’t have the time. It’s also a great way to get a link back to your blog from someone else’s blog, which means better SEO and more traffic.
Make Necessary Changes You’re Afraid to Make
Sometimes, you need to make changes to your site, but you’re afraid. This could include a full design overhaul, a better WordPress theme, more WordPress plugins or a number of other things. Regardless of what it is you really need, its best if you make the changes and move forward with your blog.
Of course, before you put any of these tips about blogging smarter and gaining more traffic into practice, you need to make sure you have great blog hosting. Without excellent blog hosting, you will struggle to get the most out of the tips above. If you want to use the best hosting company for WordPress blogs, you will want to sign up with FatCow Blog Hosting today.