Content creation and promotion are two of the most important components of blogging. However, if you are to rely only on text content and not integrate the proper images and visuals throughout your content, you could be missing out big time! In a world where there is simply way too much information to consume on a daily basis, visualization might just be the best way to reach your audience and give them exactly what they are looking for.
It’s a proven fact that visuals are consumed by the brain 60,000 faster than text, and visuals are also shared much more often through social media and across the internet. To further back up all of these points, today we are going to take a look at an infographic that focuses on the “Rising Power of Visual Content” from Infographic Design Team. Even though we all know how important visuals are in our content creation and promotional efforts, so many of us continue to neglect to implement them into what we currently have in place.
After reading through the stats and viewing the infographic below, hopefully, you will see the value and importance of visual marketing.
Visual Content and Marketing is Now More Important than Ever
When it comes to any type of content in life (whether it be online, television, books or even just random things in our daily activities), we all love and pay more attention to the visuals around us. Here are some of the latest stats and figures on just how important these visual call to actions really are.
- 90% of the information transmitted to the brain is visual
- 80% of people remember what they see
- Visuals are processed 60,000 times faster in the brain than text
- 92% of all human communication is non-verbal
- 40% of people will respond better to visual information than reading text
When it comes to creating content and marketing materials online, visuals are almost always the way to go.
- Publishers that feature visual content grow traffic 12% faster than those who don’t use visual content Infographics are “liked” and shared three times more than any other type of content on social media.
- 74% of social media marketers use visual assets in their social media marketing, ahead of blogs (68%) and videos (60%).
- More than 60% of marketers and small business owners said they planned to increase investment in video marketing in 2017.
- By 2017, video content will represent 74% of all internet traffic.
- Organic Facebook engagement is highest on posts with videos (13.9%) and photos (13.7%). There are four times as many consumers that would prefer to watch a video about a product versus reading it.
- 85% of videos on Facebook are watched without sound.
Now that you’ve seen some of the crazy industry numbers on just how important visuals are in your content creation and marketing, go put these figures to use and reach more traffic!