Getting customers isn’t enough; you need to keep them in the loop through email marketing.
And the first stage of email marketing is to create an email account for an individual.
Opening an email account gives your personalized reach to mobile users and builds trust without breaking the bank.
In this step-by-step tutorial, I’ll walk you through the complete process of creating mail in Gmail, Yahoo, and Mozilla Thunderbird.
- Creating Email Accounts (At A Glance)
- How To Create Email Account In Gmail For Individuals
- How To Create Email Account In Gmail For Business
- How To Create Email Account In Yahoo For Individuals
- How To Create Email Account In Mozilla Thunderbird
- 5 Tips To Manage Email Inbox For Business Needs
- Wrapping Up
Creating Email Accounts (At A Glance)
Before we dive into the exact series of steps, here are some specific answers to two of the most frequently asked questions:
Which email is best for entrepreneurs?
The best email service depends on the unique features you need for your business.
If you want to block spam and want mobile-friendly services, Gmail is the best option.
Yahoo is best for heavy file sharing, and Mozilla Thunderbird has simple Google Calendar integration.
Why does an entrepreneur need webmail?
If you are constantly dealing with clients and employees, using a branded email address is important to maintain professionalism and allow easy accessibility.
What Is The Difference Between Business Email And Personal Email?
Business email IDs end with @company.com, where company.com is the domain name of your company’s website.
On the other hand, personal email IDs end with @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, or @mozilla.com, depending on the service provider you’ve selected.
What Are Private Email Services?
Private email services use end-to-end encryption and keep your inbox free from ads and promotional messages.
However, you need to incur a fixed recurring cost to continue using them, billed monthly or yearly.
How To Create Email Account In Gmail For Individuals
A Gmail account allows you to add your profile photograph and undo send emails, along with several other benefits.
Here are the steps to create a Gmail account for individuals:
- Go To the Gmail Account Signup Page.
- Fill in your first and last name, give a username, and create a strong alphanumeric password, as shown in the screenshot.
- You can fill in your phone number, but selecting your real birth date and gender from the dropdown menu is mandatory.
- Click “Next” and follow the screen instructions to create your Gmail account.
Benefits of opening a Gmail account:
- Option to create community spaces and google meet in the left sidebar.
- Easy access to useful Alphabet Inc services like YouTube and Google App store.
- Free 15 GB of email and Gdrive storage which is enough for small and medium businesses.
- The efficient spam filtration system, which automatically moves junk mail into spam folders.
- Shortcuts and templates to compose long messages quickly.
How To Create Email Account In Gmail For Business
A Gmail account for business is a reliable and efficient way to contact clients and employees professionally.
You can take their 14-day free trial to see if the Gmail business account suits your needs.
Here’s how to create a business email using 8 simple steps:
- Go To Google Workspace Webpage.
- Click on “Start Free Trial” in the top-right corner.
- Fill in your name, business phone number, current email ID for individuals, and location-specific details.
- Click on “Next”.
- Type in your existing business website URL. If you don’t have one, you can create it by clicking on the second option, as shown in the screenshot.
- Create a username and password.
- Add payment information to start your 14-day free trial.
- Your Google Workspace Account will be activated with business email features.
A Google Workspace account is crucial for local businesses to seamlessly interact with existing employees and important business clients from both desktop and mobile devices.
How To Create Email Account In Yahoo For Individuals
A Yahoo account gives 1 TB of free storage, and you can share a maximum of 100 MB of file attachments.
Apart from large storage sizes, you get options to customize themes.
Here are the steps to create a Yahoo mail for individuals:
- First, go To Yahoo Account Signup Page.
- Then, click on the “Create an account” option.
- Fill in your full name, type in a new yahoo email, create a strong alphanumeric password and enter your birth year, as shown in the screenshot.
- Enter a recovery mobile number and submit the One-Time Password (OTP) to verify it.
- Click on “Done” to yahoo mail with all its features.
Benefits of opening a Yahoo account:
- Send emails with 25MB of file size seamlessly.
- Simple customizable options for inbox interface.
- Easy file management options.
- Option to see and organize all image files in one place.
- Option to see all your upcoming flights and active subscriptions in one place.
How To Create Email Account In Mozilla Thunderbird
A Mozilla thunderbird account can assist with multi-tasking with a simple interface and add-on features.
For example, you can open multiple email messages at once and organize your workflow easily.
Here are the steps to create an email account in Mozilla thunderbird:
- Go To Thunderbird Home Page.
- Select the download link as per your laptop system requirements.
- Download the email service file.
- Follow the instructions post-download to save it on your PC.
- Click on the “Email” option to set up Mozilla Thunderbird email on your PC.
- Enter your full name, make a new email address, and a strong alphanumeric password.
- Select the POP option to set up the email service on your desktop.
- The Thunderbird email account will be set up successfully.
Benefits of opening a Mozilla thunderbird account:
- Receiving emails from important clients without internet connectivity.
- Options to add address book, calendar, and chats in the left sidebar.
- Easy options to customize your inbox according to your workflow.
- End-to-end encryption for email messages in a secure open-source platform.
- Option to sort junk messages and declutter the inbox.
5 Tips To Manage Email Inbox For Business Needs
Opening an email account is the first phase of email marketing and other business needs.
As an entrepreneur, you need the following tips to manage your inbox efficiently:
1. Whitelist Email IDs
Request the email address of important personnel and clients in advance and whitelist them in advance to ensure that you don’t miss their important messages.
2. Use Filters
If you’ve used your email ID to sign up for different services, chances are it must be filled with various promotional messages.
While some may be important, it gets difficult to find one particular email message from an important client from the sea of various messages.
The best way to find an important email is by using various filters, such as the one in the screenshot.
3. Mark Bad Emails As Spam
Though simple as it may sound, if you see any email landing in your inbox which isn’t relevant to your business endeavors, marking them as spam and removing them ensures that your inbox doesn’t clog with unnecessary messages.
4. Turn On Email Notifications
It’s important to sign in to your personal and business email accounts from your mobile device and turn on the notifications so that you receive and respond to any important message anytime, anywhere.
5. Use Templates
You can turn commonly used salutations like “Respected Sir” into templates to save time while composing an important email message.
Creating an email account is a must for all entrepreneurs because it makes you accessible even to distant clients and remote employees and makes your messages more personalized.
There are multiple email service providers, but for mobile-friendly services, Gmail is best.
Yahoo Mail provides 1TB of storage for heavy file sharing, and Mozilla Thunderbird is best for offline emailing.
Building an email list is also crucial to connecting with potential and existing clients and informing them of new product launches and feature updates.