Dropshipping is a business model for entrepreneurs looking to set up an online store with little up-front investment.
In dropshipping, you don’t need to worry about stocking products or shipping them to customers.
The supplier ships the product directly to your customer.
In this article, we will discuss the dropshipping niche and why it is a quality niche for bloggers to enter.
We will also provide examples of successful dropshipping websites and talk about the money you can make in this niche.
- What is the Dropshipping Niche?
- Types of Sites Within the Dropshipping Niche
- Is the Dropshipping Niche Profitable?
- Is the Dropshipping Niche Good for Marketers?
- High-Performing Products & Services in the Dropshipping Niche
- Dropshipping Niche Ideas
- Examples of Successful Dropshipping Niche Websites
- What To Avoid in the Dropshipping Niche
- Similar Niches Worth Checking Out
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Wrapping Up
What is the Dropshipping Niche?
The dropshipping niche includes online stores that sell products without having to carry any inventory.
As an online store owner, you can create a list of products you want to sell on your website.
Then, partner with a drop shipper who will ship the product directly to the customer.
Types of Sites Within the Dropshipping Niche
Different types of dropshipping sites exist across the Internet.
For example, many bloggers focus on using a style where they provide product reviews.
Other options include comparing products against one another in “best of” posts, writing alternative posts, or conducting entire case studies.
As you consider the best niches for bloggers in the dropshipping arena, think through which niche you find the most interesting.
Dozens of niches can work for you.
For example, you might create a blog about home office products, hobby items, baby care, car accessories, gaming accessories, kitchen tools, mobile phone accessories, or pet supplies.
Feel free to hop into those niches if you feel a pull toward them.
However, the following niches are three of the most profitable.
Beauty and Health
The niche of beauty and health revolves around selling products that people use every day to improve their appearance or feel better in some way.
Some examples of drop-shippable products in this niche include the following.
- Hair care products
- Skincare products
- Health supplements
- Fitness equipment
It is a popular niche because it is evergreen (will always remain relevant).
People are always looking for new products to improve their appearance or health.
It means there is a never-ending supply of content ideas for your blog.
The dropshipping niche of jewelry is perfect for fashionistas or those with an eye for detail.
In this niche, you will sell products like the following.
The nice thing about dropshipping jewelry is that you can find products at a wide range of price points.
You can cater to different budgets, which broadens your potential customer base.
Another dropshipping niche for bloggers is women’s clothing.
You can dropship all types of clothes, including the following.
- Dresses & skirts
- Shoes & Accessories
- Lingerie & Sleepwear
The women’s clothing niche is perfect for fashion-savvy individuals who love staying up-to-date on the latest trends.
If you have an interest in fashion and love writing about clothes, then this dropshipping niche can work well for you.
Is the Dropshipping Niche Profitable?
The dropshipping niche can become profitable for bloggers.
Dropshipping is one of the most popular business models because it doesn’t require a large investment.
When you want to choose a profitable niche, you can get creative by selecting one of the previously mentioned sub-niches to niche down the products you sell.
Doing so helps tighten up your marketing messaging.
Another thing that lends to the profitability of dropshipping is the lack of returns to deal with.
The vendor you sell products for must perform the work and handle the costs involved with returns.
How Much Does the Dropshipping Niche Pay?
How much money bloggers make with dropshipping can vary.
It all depends on the niche you enter and how much traffic your site generates.
The key is to develop relationships with vendors, get your products at a quality discount, and then markup the price fairly, yet profitably.
For example, you might find a vendor that allows you to purchase the product for $10.
On your website, you sell it for $25.
You can achieve a $15 profit.
Another way to increase profits is by going for higher-ticket items.
If you can purchase a bracelet, for instance, from a dropshipping vendor for $200 and sell it for $500, you will need to make fewer sales to reach your revenue goals.
It’s difficult to find income reports that reveal dropshipping profits exclusively.
It’s because most bloggers release income reports that total up all of their blogging income into one report.
However, AliDropship is a website that deals exclusively with drop shippers.
Let’s look at two case studies that reveal the income potential when using dropshipping as your strategy.
Daniel, from Africa, reported that he earns up to $150,000 per month using 12 dropshipping websites.
He wasn’t new to the industry.
Keep this in mind as you begin your journey.
Use his story as inspiration for the possibilities.
Otto’s story shows that you can get started and earn a decent income relatively soon.
He eventually earned over $13,000 in one month.
Is the Dropshipping Niche Good for Marketers?
Dropshipping works well for marketers.
At the end of the day, your success hinges mostly on your marketing abilities.
It’s all about how much traffic you can generate so you get more people to see your offers.
Is the Dropshipping Niche Good for Affiliate Marketing?
The dropshipping niche works similarly to affiliate marketing.
With affiliate marketing, you don’t need to pay for a product first as you do with drop shipping.
Unlike affiliate marketing, dropshipping allows you to set the price, build custom sales pages, and control more of the selling process.
Affiliate marketing requires you to use a vendor’s sales page, meaning you can’t as easily track which paid ad caused the sale.
You can’t get all the customer information that you can with dropshipping.
A good strategy is to combine affiliate marketing sales with dropshipping sales on your blog.
It will provide better sales diversification for your dropshipping business.
Is the Dropshipping Niche Good for Product Sales?
The dropshipping niche works perfectly for product sales.
It’s all about selling physical product sales that your vendor ships to your customer.
High-Performing Products & Services in the Dropshipping Niche
If you dropship, a large part of your success depends on how you mix and match products to monetize your blog.
The information about niche products below will help guide you in dropshipping the products that can make your desired income a reality.
Products That Perform Well in the Dropshipping Niche
Here are ideas for niche products to sell on a dropshipping blog.
- Makeup: Makeup is a popular dropshipping product choice because so many products exist. You can dropship makeup brushes, foundations, concealers, lipsticks, and more. The key is to find a good supplier with low prices and high-quality products to markup.
- Fitness equipment: With fitness equipment, you can dropship everything from yoga mats to weights to gym equipment. One strategy is to find products that complement each other and have a consistent theme. You could dropship yoga mats, leggings, and water bottles with inspirational quotes. As well, you can make high-ticket sales with expensive treadmills, for instance.
- Jewelry: Jewelry is another popular dropshipping product because it’s easy to find suppliers and there’s a wide range to choose from. You can drop ship rings, necklaces, bracelets, and more.
- Luxury shoes and clothing: Luxury shoes and clothing are dropshipping products that have high markups. Consider drop shipping designer shoes, handbags, and clothing.
- Baby care items: Baby care items work well for dropshipping because they’re always in demand. New parents are typically willing to spend more on the best products for their babies. You can drop ship items like cribs, car seats, strollers, and more.
Notable Brands in the Dropshipping Niche
Let’s look at five popular brands that will help you make sales.
We’ll use brands that match the previous section’s examples.
- Sephora: Sephora is a dropshipping makeup brand. You can dropship Sephora products like foundations and lipsticks.
- Life Fitness: Life Fitness is a fitness equipment brand. You might drop ship items in this category that range from water bottles to treadmills.
- Mejuri: Mejuri is a luxury jewelry brand. If you set up a relationship with this vendor, you could drop ship items like rings and necklaces.
- Christian Louboutin: As a luxury shoe brand, many women love buying Christian Louboutin’s products. Drop ship shoes and handbags.
- Aveeno: Aveeno is a baby care brand that makes products like cribs and car seats. The company’s items would work well for any blog in this niche.
Services That Perform Well in the Dropshipping Niche
You might think that it is impossible to drop ship services at first.
In recent years, more marketers will use the process called drop servicing to do just that.
Other terms for it include white labeling and service arbitrage.
Here are services you can use in the dropshipping niche.
- Graphic design: Graphic design is a service that you can drop service. You’ll need to find a graphic designer to work with and then resell their services on your blog.
- Copywriting: Consider setting up copywriting services with a freelancer who does the actual work. You can find copywriters who will write product descriptions, blog posts, and more. On your blog, sell the service and hand it over to the service provider.
- Social media management: Social media management is a drop service that involves managing a client’s social media accounts. Look for service providers who will post on behalf of the client, engage with their audience, and more.
- Content creation: Content creation is another drop service you can offer. You can find content creators who will write blog posts, create graphics, and more.
- Video editing: Video editing is the last drop service on our list. Find service providers who will edit videos for YouTube, Instagram, and more.
For these service examples, you want to find freelancers who will do quality work at lower prices than you list on your website.
For instance, you might find a graphic designer to perform a branding package for $2,000.
If you can sell it for $3,000 on your blog, you will profit $1,000 on each sale.
Popular Affiliate Programs in the Dropshipping Niche
Let’s review five of the best affiliate programs to use alongside your dropshipping work.
- Amazon Affiliate Program: The Amazon affiliate program lets you sell products from almost any category imaginable. You can sell products from Amazon and earn a commission on each sale.
- eBay Affiliate Program: The eBay Affiliate Program is a dropshipping-friendly option. You can dropship products from eBay or sell them as an affiliate and earn a commission on each sale.
- Wayfair Affiliate Program: The Wayfair affiliate program sells products in the home and decor niche. If you drop-ship items like rugs, lighting, bedding, or kitchen products on your blog, consider adding Wayfair’s products into the mix.
- Shein Affiliate Program: Shein is a company that sells fashion products for women. You can sell clothing, shoes, and accessories on your blog and earn commissions as an affiliate marketer.
- Costco Affiliate Program: Is your audience interested in products like appliances, computers, mattresses, floral items, furniture, or electronics? If so, you use the Costco affiliate program that will pay you a commission on each sale.
Dropshipping Niche Ideas
Are you ready to start dropshipping but need ideas for the type of blog to create?
See if one of the following ideas helps.
Makeup and Makeup Artistry
You might want to build a niche website teaching women beginner makeup tips.
On the blog, you can provide content through your tips.
Then, drop ship products like makeup brushes, eyeshadow palettes, and more.
You could even drop-ship services like makeup lessons.
Another interesting dropshipping niche idea is to build a blog based on clothing for a specific style.
On the blog, you would sell clothing for people of all sizes.
You can drop ship products like dresses, tops, bottoms, and more.
Plus, you could even sell jewelry and accessories as well.
If you’re passionate about jewelry, you might build a blog about jewelry and accessories.
On the blog, you would write content about the latest jewelry trends.
You can dropship products like rings, bracelets, necklaces, and more.
You might also sell services like jewelry cleaning and repair.
Are you a parent?
If so, you might consider building a blog based around raising children or child development.
On the blog, you would write content about all things baby.
You can drop ship products like clothing, toys, furniture, and more.
Examples of Successful Dropshipping Niche Websites
Let’s look at five dropshipping websites that can provide additional inspiration for your dropshipping journey.
Over the years, Fashion Nova became one of the biggest online stores selling women’s and men’s fashion.
It provides clothing to its visitors and dropships some of the selections.
While it’s an example of a hugely successful brand, remember that it started at ground zero just like you will.
Favorfully sells event merchandise that relates to kids’ parties, baby showers, graduation ceremonies, and even weddings.
It specializes in selling products such as shower favors, calendars, seed packs, and envelopes.
As a jewelry site, the Biko online store sells hand-crafted products and drop-ships them to customers.
Notice how its dropshipping store uses images to make each product stand out to website visitors.
It also uses a newsletter to offer discounts and resell to email subscribers over time.
Club Fit Wear
The dropshipping niche website is an excellent example of a niche store done right.
It specializes in selling fitness apparel for women and dropship products like leggings, sports bras, and tank tops.
Plus, it uses on-site search to help visitors find the products they’re looking for quickly and easily.
Pet Pawtrol is a dropshipping website that specializes in selling pet products.
It dropships products like dog beds, bowls, toys, and more.
It also does a good job of using social media to connect with potential customers and build its brand.
What To Avoid in the Dropshipping Niche
Before you start your new blog, make sure you know the most common mistakes made by dropshipping bloggers.
Failure to Carefully Select a Niche
Take your time when choosing the right blogging niche.
If you’re going to drop ship products, make sure it’s a niche you’re passionate about.
Not only will this make blogging more enjoyable, but it’ll also help you create better content.
Failure to Perform Keyword Research
Make sure to do keyword research for your niche before launching your blog.
It will help ensure that your blog appears in search engines when people look for information related to your niche.
Failure to Write Compelling Content
Your blog won’t become successful if you don’t write compelling content.
It means creating well-written, informative articles that provide value to your readers.
Failure to Learn SEO
If you want people to find your blog, you need to learn SEO.
It stands for search engine optimization and refers to the process of making your blog more visible in search engines.
Avoid the common practice of including website mistakes that keep you from ranking well.
Similar Niches Worth Checking Out
Before you go the dropshipping route, take time to research other potential niches.
- eCommerce Niche: With an eCommerce site, you can dropship products, but you can also sell digital products, like eBooks and courses.
- Beauty Niche: If you’re passionate about makeup, hair, and skincare, the beauty niche might work best for you. You could drop ship products or even create a line of beauty products to sell on your blog.
- Sports Niche: The sports niche is another drop shipping option. You could sell products like sports equipment, apparel, and even team memorabilia.
Frequently Asked Questions
Let’s answer two questions we frequently hear.
What is the best niche to dropship?
There’s no easy answer to this question.
It depends on your interests, strengths, and weaknesses.
However, we recommend dropshipping products in a niche you’re passionate about.
How do I pick a niche for my dropshipping store?
Consider the dropshipping niche profitability.
You want to make sure demand exists for the products you want to sell.
As well, you need to know that you can dropship those products profitably.
It’s important to carefully select the niche you’re going to use when dropshipping.
Make sure it’s a topic you’re interested in.
As well, do your research and make sure you see the proper demand for the products you want to sell.
If you take these steps, you can get started toward dropshipping success.