Do you want to create a great Facebook cover photo that is not blurry or cropped out? Perhaps you don’t know where to start or what works.
Not to worry, you’re not alone.
We get that question regularly on our website, particularly from business page owners. So what can I do?
Well, using a Facebook cover photo template is one way to skin this cat. In this article, we share what cover photo templates are, where you can get them, and the appropriate size for Facebook cover images.
- What is a Facebook Cover Photo?
- What Size is a Facebook Cover Photo?
- What are Facebook Cover Templates?
- Where to get Facebook Cover Templates
- How to Change Cover Photo in Facebook
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Wrapping Up
What is a Facebook Cover Photo?
A Facebook cover photo is like a banner at the top of your profile.
You can think of it as a background to your profile picture. Some experts see it as an extension of your profile picture.
What is certain, though, is that your profile picture and cover photo can help you build credibility for monetizing Facebook.
Your Facebook cover photo is public. Anyone who clicks on your profile can see your cover photo.
When uploading your cover photo, you must be wary of elements that may block some important information. These elements include your profile picture, name, and other user interface elements.
What Size is a Facebook Cover Photo?
When you upload a cover photo, you don’t want Facebook to crop out your image or stretch it, making it blurry. That’s why you must upload cover photos with specific sizes because Facebook has different dimensions for a particular post.
Facebook displays cover photos with an 820px by 312px size on desktop devices and 640px by 340px on the mobile app. These dimensions apply to Facebook business pages too.
Facebook, however, says your cover image must be at least 720px wide. However, we recommend a minimum cover photo size of at least 820px by 340px. The maximum size you should aim for should be 2037px by 754px.
What are Facebook Cover Templates?
Facebook cover templates are easily customizable photos you can edit and upload as your cover photo on the social media app.
These templates are already in the proper dimensions, mostly 851px by 315px, so you don’t need to bother about these things.
You can personalize the template by adding a picture, logo, and text. Some platforms like Canva also provide access to animated Facebook cover templates.
Where to get Facebook Cover Templates
Many platforms provide free Facebook cover templates. You can download these templates to alter them locally or edit them directly on these platforms.
How to make a Facebook Cover on Canva
To create a cover photo on Canva, follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Open Canva on your desktop or mobile app. We recommend doing this on the desktop. The user experience is just better.
- Step 2: In the search bar on the home page, enter “Facebook cover photo” to bring up thousands of templates. You can filter the results by categories and even colors.
- Step 3: Select your preferred template.
- Step 4: Personalize the template using the different features on the design platform. You can upload photos and branding elements to spruce up the template.
- Step 5: Download the personalized template in PNG, GIF, or JPEG format.
How to Change Cover Photo in Facebook
Changing your cover photo on Facebook is straightforward. Follow the steps below to do so.
- Step 1: On the top-right corner of your Facebook desktop, click your Facebook profile picture. Tap the three horizontal lines menu icon at the top-right corner of the Facebook Android app. On the iPhone app, the menu icon is at the bottom right of Facebook.
- Step 2: Click “Edit Cover Photo” if you already have a cover photo. Otherwise, click “Add cover photo.
- Step 3: Click “Select photo” if you want to choose a picture from your Facebook photo albums or “Upload photo” to use a new image that hasn’t been uploaded to Facebook yet. If you upload a stock photo, ensure you have permission before tagging the photographer on Facebook.
- Step 4: Choose your preferred image and adjust it up and down as needed.
- Step 5: Click “Save changes.”
Frequently Asked Questions
Below, we have provided more answers to common queries regarding Facebook cover photo templates.
How do I make my Facebook cover photo fit perfectly?
To make your Facebook cover photo fit perfectly, ensure the photo you upload is 851 pixels wide and 360 pixels tall.
Facebook displays cover photos on desktop devices at 851px by 315 px and 640px by 360px on mobile. A design of at least 851 by 360px dimensions covers both.
Why is Facebook cropping my cover photo?
Facebook displays your cover photo differently on mobile and desktop devices.
So, Facebook tends to crop the sides of the images when resizing for mobile devices and crop the top/bottom when resizing for desktop devices. To avoid this, use a 1,500px by 843px image.
Cover photos are part of your brand on Facebook. A quality cover photo is much better than a wishy-washy version.
It shows credibility. It shows you’re serious.
Using the right cover photo is especially important if you have a Facebook business page or Facebook Group.
Facebook cover photo templates make your job easier by providing ready-made images you can personalize.
Apps like Adobe and Canva have thousands of templates you can choose from. Make use of these templates to save time.
Do you have any questions about Facebook cover photo templates? Shoot them at us in the comments section, and we’ll respond ASAP. Kindly also share the guide with your friends. Thank you!