Are you bored with the limited options of the standard wordpress WYSIWYG editor? If so, the Advanced TinyMCE Editor might be what your looking for. The plugin doubles the editor’s available functions to 60!
The Advanced TinyMCE Editor plug-in:
- Doubles the editor’s available functions to 60, adding important functional areas such as table, styles, inserts, and others.
- Improves existing functionality in handling images, links, etc.
- Corrects errors and arbitrary restrictions in the standard WordPress visual editor, and
- Provides easy Control Panel configuration of your WordPress editor.
This version 0.5.0 upgrade, largely from Chris, makes these improvements:
- Provides improved control panel control of the Advanced TinyMCE plug-in
- Allows you to add and enter new style sheets without needing to modify code
- Allows you to configure which advanced buttons appear on or off in the editor
- Provides guidance on earlier width problems, esp. for small screen (800 x 600) older laptops.
Have a look at the image below to see what your editor could look like.
Installation is a tiny bit more difficult than most other wordpress plugins but they explain it step by step on the download page so you should be ok. If you decide to give it a try and your having trouble with it, leave a comment here or post in the forums and I’ll do my best to help 🙂
Download : here