While it may be an intimidating and perplexing topic, GPT-4 will likely benefit many businesses, including yours.
Don’t worry if you are not an AI or text-generation expert.
This article will discuss the topic to help you understand how GPT-4 will impact your business.
- What Is GPT-4?
- How Will GPT-4 Impact Language Models?
- GPT-3 vs. GPT-4
- Different Models of GPT-4
- How Will GPT-4 and AI-Generated Content Affect Businesses?
- GPT-4 Business Optimization
- Does GPT-4 Have Potential Risks?
- Final Thoughts
What Is GPT-4?
GPT stands for Generative Pre-trained Transformer, referring to deep learning models trained for human-like text generation.
GPT uses available data on the internet to create AI-generated content.
This text-generation tool can create questions, answers, summaries, translations, classifications, code generation, and AI conversations.
Before GPT, people used Natural Language Processing (NPL), which was limited to specific tasks, such as translation and required supervision.
GPT-4 is the fourth iteration of this transformer and uses 100 trillion machine-learning parameters versus GPT-3’s 175 billion, giving it more text-generation and machine-learning power and capabilities.
Such a big model means an increase in enhanced multi-tasking and training data.
How Will GPT-4 Impact Language Models?
A language model uses the probability distribution of words and word sequences and statistical analysis to predict and generate words.
It analyzes patterns in human language to attempt to mimic them using deep learning machines.
GPT-4 is one of the most advanced transformers using trillions of parameters, giving AI language models more data to use.
The goal of GPT-4 is to enhance natural language prediction to make text generation from language models more human-like and successful.
In summary, GPT-4 will make language models more efficient and accurate.
GPT-3 vs. GPT-4
The main difference between GPT-3 and GPT-4 is the number of parameters used to collect and analyze data and text patterns.
GPT-4 has over 500 times more parameters than GPT-3; such a big model brings these machines closer to the number of connections in the human brain.
GPT’s goal is to mimic human language, so the more parameters and connections, the more the AI will function like a human brain.
While both iterations of GPT are a text-only model, GPT-4 has more analyzing and processing power.
However, GPT-4 excels compared to GPT-3 concerning multi-tasking.
GPT-3 was an impressive feat in AI language learning and was used for different applications.
However, before further exploring GPT-4, it helps to understand how GPT-3 is used for businesses.
What Is GPT-3 Used For?
GPT-3 is already widely used in many popular tools.
Below is a brief explanation of GPT-3’s current uses, as it’s still a prominent deep-learning model for businesses.
GPT-3 can create poetry, stories, articles, news reports, and dialogue, so it has a wide range of applications.
- CopyAI: CopyAI is an AI-powered copywriting tool for creating content for businesses. Many entities utilize CopyAI with GPT-3, such as startups, email marketers, social media managers, and website designers. CopyAI uses GPT-3 to enhance the generated text, giving the AI more access to data and patterns to help it create human-like content.
- Jasper: Jasper is an AI writer specifically used to create advertisements, copy, and blogs. However, Jasper can produce almost any written content you need but is most popular among bloggers or influencers. It is a GPT-3 software used at scale, and Jasper uses GPT-3 to create SEO-focused posts that sound natural.
- ShortlyAI: ShortlyAI is a writing assistant that uses AI and endless text generation. It’s one of the simpler AI writing assistants and requires decent input to generate content. ShortlyAI is one of the best GPT-3 AI writers, writing any content with a focus on SEO.
- ChibiAI: ChibiAI uses GPT-3 to assist writers rather than generate content independently. It’s a helpful tool for developing SEO and avoiding plagiarism, thanks to the data and patterns reported by GPT-3. Writers commonly use it to complete their pieces that have already been half-written.
- Texta: Texta uses GPT-3 for writing assistance and more conceptual tasks. When you enter keywords into Texta, it can help you generate writing ideas and inspiration, so many content writers use it to devise concepts and topics. GPT-3 will offer a multitude of topics and content when you type n a simple question or idea.
The notable differences between GPT-3 and GPT-4 are the number of parameters and the multi-tasking capabilities when scanning data and language patterns.
Different Models of GPT-4
GPT-4 utilizes different models when compared to GPT-3.
Using sparsity for computer computation, advanced alignment, and a text-only model, GPT-4 streamlines content creation and closely mimics natural language.
- Text Only Model: While the artificial intelligence of GPT-4 is excellent at multi-tasking with various categories of text, it will not be able to assess and mimic visual data. Some businesses were hoping for this multimodality, but such techniques still need to be revised to execute.
- Sparsity: GPT-4 uses conditional computation to lower computing costs and easy scale parameters. Unlike GPT-3, GPT-4 can expand parameters without drastically increasing computing costs. GPT-3 only worked with smaller models, but GPT-4 works as a big model.
- Alignment: GPT-4 will be significantly more aligned than GPT-3, meaning the GPT language model will follow intentions and values more closely. To achieve this impressive alignment, GPT-4 uses input natural language and human feedback to improve. And human judges have determined GPT-4 to have more advanced alignment than GPT-3.
While GPT-4 has few new features or models, the artificial intelligence’s capabilities have been optimized since the GPT-3 version.
How Will GPT-4 and AI-Generated Content Affect Businesses?
GPT-4 will greatly impact many different types of businesses, from content writers to data scientists.
As a result, many businesses will benefit, but the application of GPT-4 may hurt others.
Below are the businesses and industries that will likely feel the most impact of the GPT-4 release and application.
Content writers and content creation companies will be among the most impacted industries.
For content creation companies, GPT-4 could be used as a tool for them to generate and sell more content at a faster pace.
But for content writers, this could put them out of a job.
Customers may benefit from the speed the content is delivered, or they may move away from writers and companies altogether, generating content on their own using GPT-4.
But customers may also notice an increase in misinformation and unnatural phrasing in their paid content.
GPT-4 will likely benefit the software development industry.
The trillions of parameters mean developers can use more symbols and quickly create larger bodies of text.
In some scenarios, GPT-4 can be used to create new software programs, automating a substantial amount of the work.
However, this will likely result in more coding errors and possibly leave coders without a job.
Marketing and Sales
The marketing and sales industry can benefit immensely from GPT-4, as the program can easily generate symbol sales copy and advertisements.
GPT-4 could eliminate this industry’s need for writers, as the short-form marketing content can be dictated by GPT-4 with little to no errors.
For customers, this could mean lower marketing and sales costs.
Art, Design, and Creative Industries
Art, design, and other creative industries could suffer with the release of advanced AI like GPT-4.
As mentioned, GPT-4 is a text-only model, so it cannot generate visuals using input data.
But the program is a step in that direction, so it could easily lead to the automation of tasks an artist or designer would normally do.
Aside from that risk, GPT-4 may assist visual creatives in generating text to pair with their designs and images.
GPT-4 will have a massive impact on the translation services industry, both positive and negative.
For translation service customers, GPT-4 can help them get translations more quickly and accurately.
It can also help translation companies deliver translations to customers faster.
But when using AI, you risk generating misinformation and inaccurate translations.
In addition, translation services that utilize GPT-4 will likely need to supervise and review the generated translations.
For human translators, this technology may prevent them from losing business.
Relying on AI to translate could result in many problems concerning miscommunication, misinformation, and reliability.
GPT-4 can help data scientists process and asses larger quantities of information, streamlining operations and projects.
In addition, the new GPT involves larger chunks of training data than before, allowing scientists to develop more accurate and effective algorithms.
GPT-4 will also give data scientists access to more training data resources, making it easier to develop powerful algorithms and move AI research forward.
Overall, the impact GPT-4 will have on the data science industry is positive.
GPT-4 Business Optimization
All businesses can use GPT-4 to optimize their use of artificial intelligence for content creation or copywriting.
To maximize their use of GPT-4, they can take advantage of the following improvements in this GPT version.
- Optimal Parameterization: While most large models are under-optimized, GPT-4 discovers new parameterization to create the best hyperparameters for optimal models. GPT-4 was trained with far more parameters, giving it more data and input to understand and utilize. The optimal parameterization means the performance of the AI model has drastically increased.
- Optimal Compute Models: Training tokens have a direct influence on model performance. The compute models are equally important as the expansion of parameters. GPT-4 uses about 5 trillion more training tokens than GPT-3, meaning it takes less time to train this model and results in minimized losses.
- Enhanced Safety: GPT-4 operates more securely than GPT-3, giving your business and software added security. GPT-3 was not the most secure model, and this complaint was considered when developing GPT-4.
- Improved Accuracy: The components implemented in GPT-4 should result in more accuracy and human-like language. GPT-4 will have fewer errors that give away the fact that the content or copy is AI-generated. Improved accuracy means less supervision, lowering labor costs, and freeing employees up to complete other tasks that cannot be automated.
- Fewer Biases: Whenever dealing with artificial intelligence that functions using human input, there will be biases. The use of AI models can help reduce biases but not 100% eliminate them, at least not yet. But GPT-4 is moving closer by reducing the biases and better assessing human values.
Does GPT-4 Have Potential Risks?
People have some concerns about possible problems related to GPT-4.
While this model is a significant improvement from GPT-4 and previous generations, there are still issues to consider before implementing it into your business.
- Misinformation: GPT-4 cannot reject false information. If it is fed incorrect information, it will take this data as accurate and implement it in your content. For this reason, some supervision is still necessary, and there is potential for content and copy to contain misinformation.
- Fake News: Unfortunately, there is always someone who will want to use new technology for malicious purposes. People may use the human-like capabilities of GPT-4 to create fake news articles and present them as factual, creating a dangerous situation on the internet.
- Mass-Produced Clickbait: Clickbait is annoying, often spreads misinformation, and generates income for untrustworthy sites and businesses. Programs like GPT-4 only make it easier for these people to create more clickbait to lure people to specific sites, and sometimes clickbait leads people toward computer viruses, compromising security and safety.
- Generating Spam: GPT-4 also makes generating spam in large quantities easier. Spam generated by rudimentary bots is easier for programs to detect. But the advanced GPT-4 makes it easier to send spam that seems like it was written by a human, increasing the odds of spam making it to people’s inboxes and being clicked on.
While these risks are real, the same issues come with almost any new technology.
There will always be someone who uses innovative technology for the wrong reasons, but this shouldn’t deter businesses from reaping the benefits of such technology.
Businesses that understand and move toward implementing GPT-4 will position themselves for many opportunities and great success.
GPT-4 offers more security, accuracy, optimization, and alignment than GPT-3 of the previous versions.
The benefits of GPT-4 significantly outweigh the risks.
While it may hurt individuals in certain industries, the overall impact of this technology on businesses will be advantageous.