Graphic design software helps you create stunning visuals for your website and social media profiles, which can strengthen your audience engagement.
You can easily design images, infographics, and animations to add to your blog or website that will make it more fun, colorful, and interesting for audiences.
Graphic design software gives you the tools to develop a cohesive look for your brand, including your logo and site colors.
Read on to learn more about the 15+ best graphic design software options that anyone can use to strengthen their graphic designs.
- Best Graphic Design Software: Our Top 3 Options [Ranked & Reviewed] (Overview)
- An Overview of Graphic Design Software
- The Best Graphic Design Software at a Glance
- Features To Look For in Graphic Design Software
- Best Graphic Design Software: Our Top 3 Options [Ranked & Reviewed]
- The Best Free Graphic Design Software Options
- Notable Mentions: Other Graphic Design Software To Check Out
- Even More Options To Check Out
- Other Products Relevant to Graphic Design Software
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Wrapping Up
Best Graphic Design Software: Our Top 3 Options [Ranked & Reviewed] (Overview)
We’ve included an overview of our top picks below. For detailed information on each pick, scroll down.
- Adobe Photoshop: Our Pick
- Adobe InDesign: Runner-Up
- Canva: Budget Pick
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe XD
- Serif Affinity Designer
- Corel PaintShop Pro
- Adobe Creative Cloud Express
- Mega Creator
- Xara Designer Pro
An Overview of Graphic Design Software
Graphic design software simplifies the process of creating visuals for your website.
For example, you can design infographics quickly by finding a template and inputting the information.
The right graphic design software can help you make engaging images for your website and social media profiles without artistic talent.
What Is Graphic Design Software?
Graphic design software is a tool that allows users to design artistic elements.
This software simplifies the work it takes to translate art into a digital file or to create art from scratch.
If you don’t have artistic talent, the software will allow you to design something stunning with templates, design elements, and shortcuts.
Why Is Graphic Design Software Important?
Graphic design software is important because it simplifies website creation.
You can easily create visuals using templates and design elements from the software.
Vibrant and engaging images will help you grow your audience.
Do I Need Graphic Design Software?
You need graphic design software because blog design is important.
You want to avoid website design mistakes like having a cluttered landing page or hidden navigation.
The right graphic design software helps you create elements that fit into your existing page and give you a chance to change colors, fonts, sizes, and more.
The Best Graphic Design Software at a Glance
The best graphic design software will help you create graphics for many types of content.
Depending on your needs and budget, these graphic design software can help.
What Is the Best Graphic Design Software?
The best graphic design software is Adobe Photoshop.
Adobe is the top name in graphic design, offering dozens of apps that help with designing.
Photoshop is the most popular and helps you edit photos, create logos, and add text and elements to image files.
What Is the Best Free Graphic Design Software?
The best free graphic design software is Inkscape.
It’s a free illustration tool that gives you a wide workspace and an impressive tool palette for creating designs from scratch.
If you can’t afford Adobe Illustrator, this free option will provide a similar user experience.
Features To Look For in Graphic Design Software
Each graphic design software offers something slightly different, so you want to be clear as to what features you need.
The following five features are ones you should consider as you check out reviews of the 15+ best graphic design software.
1. Design Focus
Graphic design is a broad term that applies to all images and visuals.
Different graphic design software can focus on specific design elements, like photo editing, illustrating from scratch, designing a website layout, or animating visuals.
Make sure you choose a program that will deliver the final design you need.
2. Ease of Use
Using graphic design software when you’re not an artist can seem intimidating, so choosing a program that’s easy to use is crucial.
Most graphic design software has an intuitive layout, with the artboard in the center of the screen and toolbars along the tops and sides.
3. Templates and Images
One major perk of graphic design software is that they usually include templates and image libraries.
You can pick a template and change key elements to suit your aesthetic.
You can search the stock images for pictures that align with your brand.
Choosing graphic design software that can go above and beyond is a great option for people who want to grow their web presence.
For example, you can create an image and decide that you want it to move, but you don’t want to download separate animation software.
Finding a program capable of many file outputs can streamline your workflow.
Price is always a concern for artists and website owners.
You don’t want to blow your budget on graphic design software, but you need a great program to create engaging visuals.
Finding the right software for your budget is a vital point to remember, so consider the pricing plans for each option before you make a final choice.
Best Graphic Design Software: Our Top 3 Options [Ranked & Reviewed]
With so many graphic design software options on the market, you might wonder what’s best for your needs.
These top three picks stand out because of what they offer. See if they’ll fit your needs.
Adobe Photoshop: Our Pick
Professionals choose Adobe Photoshop as the top graphic design software, but new artists can get a lot from the program, too.
You can use the program to edit photos, draw pictures, create logos, and change colors in existing images for a cohesive aesthetic.
The intuitive tool palette makes the process simple for new or experienced designers.
Key Features of Adobe Photoshop
Professional artists and designers love Adobe Photoshop because of these key features.
- Layers: Using layers in Adobe Photoshop means focusing on specific areas of the image without altering the entire file.
- Toolbar: The toolbar in Adobe Photoshop is easy to navigate and shows a label when you hover over the tool, ensuring you get what you need.
- Illustrations: Despite its name, Adobe Photoshop includes drawing capabilities, allowing you to create logos and images from scratch.
- File Format: Adobe Photoshop lets you save images in various formats, including JPG, GIF, PNG, and PDF.
- Color Channels: You can ensure your colors match across designs with the color channels, palette, hue, and saturation options in Adobe Photoshop.
Why Is Adobe Photoshop a Great Solution?
Adobe Photoshop is a great solution because it offers all the design options you’ll need for your website.
It’s affordable, especially considering how many tools and storage options you get with your subscription.
You can choose to bundle your apps in the Creative Cloud to get even more software options for a reasonable price.
Pros of Adobe Photoshop
- Storage: Adobe Photoshop plans include 100 GB of cloud storage. You can save designs to the cloud to access them anywhere.
- Apps: Your paid plan gives you access to the Photoshop app, enabling you to design on your iPad while away from your computer.
- Bundle Option: You can use Photoshop alone, or you can pay a bit more for complete access to all Adobe apps to level up your entire online presence.
Cons of Adobe Photoshop
- Feature Overload: Features can be both a pro and a con. Once you learn Photoshop, you’ll appreciate what it offers. But the features can seem overwhelming for new users.
- More Expensive: While you get lots of great features for the price, Adobe Photoshop is still more expensive than many other options on this list.
- Cloud-Only: Some people prefer to buy the software outright, so they can install it on their computer and won’t have to pay for monthly access. But you have a recurring subscription with Photoshop, which adds up.
Adobe Photoshop vs. Other Top Recommendations: How They Compare
Adobe Photoshop stands out above the other top recommendations because it’s the most professional graphic design software on this list.
You can start a design from scratch or use a template to create a unique visual to share on your website or social media profile.
There are dozens of file formats available, so you can make any graphic you need.
Adobe Photoshop Pricing
- Photoshop Only: $20.99 monthly
- Photography Package: $19.99 monthly for Lightroom and Photoshop
- Creative Cloud: $54.99 monthly
- Creative Cloud for Students: $19.99 monthly
Can You Try Adobe Photoshop for Free?
Yes, you can get a seven-day free trial of Adobe Photoshop.
The trial gives you access to the full version of the program, so you can test all the features.
If you don’t cancel before the trial ends, the company automatically charges you for a Creative Cloud membership.
Conclusion: Should You Choose Adobe Photoshop?
You should choose Adobe Photoshop because it’s the best graphic design software.
Professionals love it for its ease of use and impressive results.
Beginners can quickly learn how to use the intuitive tool palette and create stunning designs.
You can pay for the app alone or use the entire Adobe Creative Cloud for all your artistic endeavors.
Adobe InDesign: Runner-Up
Adobe products are the top and runner-up because the software is just that good. InDesign is Adobe’s graphic design software that focuses on layout.
You can design brochures, business cards, ebooks, and digital documents.
Key Features of Adobe InDesign
InDesign isn’t on the list just because of the Adobe name.
Several key features make this one of the top graphic design software options on the market.
- Impressive Layouts: You can use Adobe Photoshop to create layouts, but InDesign makes it easier with rulers and text options to create stunning page designs.
- Easy Adjustments: With some graphic design software, you have to change each element individually if you change the size of the document. InDesign automatically adjusts it all for you, though, simplifying the process.
- HTML Exports: Use InDesign to create a website layout and then export the design as code so you can use it on your WordPress site.
- Eyedropper: In Photoshop, the eyedropper selects a specific color. With InDesign, the eyedropper selects the position and size to easily create elements that mirror each other.
- Above and Beyond Layout: InDesign lets you add anchor text, footnotes, table of contents, indexes, and keywords to designs, making a more interactive design.
Why Is Adobe InDesign a Great Solution?
Adobe InDesign is a great solution because it simplifies the layout process.
You don’t need to add text to images in a Photoshop-type program, especially as that process can sometimes lower the quality of the image.
InDesign lets you add text, other design elements, captions, and linked captions on the file, so you don’t need to do it on your website.
Pros of Adobe InDesign
- Collaborative: InCopy allows you to share designs with other designers and coworkers so you can use the same colors, fonts, and graphics easily.
- Easy to Learn: InDesign is a bit easier to learn compared to Photoshop, so many web designers start with this program to familiarize themselves with the software.
- Tutorials: Adobe InDesign is a popular program, so there are plenty of tutorials that help users create what they need.
Cons of Adobe InDesign
- Lack of Editing Tools: While InDesign is great for layout and publishing, it lacks editing tools, so it’s difficult to change photos once you import them into a project.
- Random Crashing: InDesign is a large program, and sometimes it lags, glitches, or crashes. Save your progress frequently, just to be safe.
- Specialized Product: Adobe makes great graphic design software, but not as many users will need InDesign compared to Photoshop or even Canva, so it’s a bit of a niche product.
Adobe InDesign vs. Other Top Recommendations: How They Compare
Adobe InDesign stands out compared to other options because of its parent company.
Adobe is a huge player in graphic design software, and this layout program is one of the best.
People who want to create their entire website layout in a design program will appreciate what InDesign allows them to do, especially since you can export the HTML.
Adobe InDesign Pricing
- InDesign Only: $20.99 monthly
- Creative Cloud: $54.99 monthly
- Creative Cloud for Students: $19.99 monthly
Can You Try Adobe InDesign for Free?
Yes, like with Adobe Photoshop, you can get a seven-day free trial of InDesign.
Adobe automatically charges you for access when the trial ends, so you need to cancel before seven days.
However, it’s a great program, and trying it shows you what InDesign can do, making you want to use it more.
Conclusion: Should You Choose Adobe InDesign?
Yes, you should choose Adobe InDesign if you want to create your entire website from scratch.
You can use InDesign to add text to visual elements and export the file as HTML.
From there, you can easily upload the file to your website host and have a stunning site ready to publish.
Canva: Budget Pick
You might not think a web-based graphic design software like Canva can stand up against Adobe products, but you’re in for a surprise.
This program includes a free plan with no time limit.
You can make graphics and designs with templates, fonts, and design elements or import your work.
Key Features of Canva
Canva offers many key features that you’d expect to find from a more expensive graphic design software.
Knowing you can get many of these perks for free shows you that you need to give Canva a try.
- Templates: Canva has an impressive template library, including designs for social media posts, flyers, business cards, presentations, and videos.
- Import Work: You can import your visuals, photos, and designs and add text or animation through Canva.
- Collaboration: Send design links to others for feedback without needing to download and email the file. With Canva for Teams, coworkers can collaborate on the same document on the website.
- Print Designs: You can download documents to print copies yourself or order professional prints right from the website.
- Affordable: There’s no need to pay for Canva if you can make what you need with their free plan. They grant access to countless templates and designs at no charge.
Why Is Canva a Great Solution?
Canva is a great solution because it’s affordable.
You can use the free plan as long as you need, but even paid subscriptions won’t blow your budget.
For what you pay (or don’t pay, in some cases), you still get top-notch graphic design software that rivals the other top choices.
It’s simple to use a professional-looking template and customize it to fit your brand.
Pros of Canva
- Template Library: If you don’t have time to make a design from scratch, choose a template of design elements matched with fonts and change the text to suit your needs.
- Drag and Drop: Canva tools are some of the simplest available. Simply choose your element, and it appears on the design. You then drag and drop it whenever you want it.
- Alignment: Whenever you rotate an element, Canva shows you the angle so you can keep it straight or ensure other visuals use the same degree.
Cons of Canva
- Limits: Canva has limits for the free plan in terms of template and design element access. But even with paid plans, you have limits in that you can’t create an illustration from scratch.
- Templates: Templates can be a good thing because you can quickly create an image. However, the templates are for everyone, so your design won’t be as unique as if you made it yourself.
- App Difficulty: It’s nice that Canva offers an app for designing on the go, but it’s almost impossible to do anything on a small screen without getting frustrated.
Canva vs. Other Top Recommendations: How They Compare
Canva stands out from the other top recommendations as the best budget graphic design software.
But that’s not the best thing about it—the software truly is an excellent option for designers who need specific templates or don’t want to create from scratch.
You can use Canva and easily make unique designs with a few clicks.
Canva has a free plan that never asks for credit card information.
If you want access to more templates and design elements, however, you can choose a paid plan.
- Canva Pro: $119.99 yearly
- Canva for Teams: $149.90 yearly for five users
Can You Try Canva for Free?
Yes, you can use Canva for free with no time limit.
You won’t have access to all templates, fonts, and design elements, but you can do a lot with a free account.
You can also take advantage of a Canva free trial to see what the platform offers before you pay for it.
Conclusion: Should You Choose Canva?
Yes, you should choose Canva because it’s a great design program for people on a budget.
Use the free plan to create stunning graphics for your website or social media profiles.
Paid accounts give you unlimited options for templates and fonts.
The Best Free Graphic Design Software Options
You don’t have to pay to get access to some quality graphic design software.
Several free options can help you create a cohesive, engaging aesthetic for your brand.
Consider using these two free tools to make design elements for your website without having to pay for a full package.
Why We Suggest This
Inkscape is a great option, not only because it’s free but also because it resembles Adobe Illustrator in so many ways. If you previously used Illustrator but needed to cut your budget, Inkscape gives you a similar experience with no fee.
- Best For: Those looking for a cheaper Adobe Illustrator alternative
Inkscape is a free tool that rivals Adobe Illustrator.
You can use it to draw unique designs, including vectors, which are images that don’t blur with resizing.
With Inkscape, you can design graphics for your website and use them for flyers, business cards, and social media without losing any details if you change the size.
Why Is Inkscape a Great Option?
Inkscape is a great option because it’s free, but also because it resembles Adobe Illustrator in so many ways.
If you previously used Illustrator but needed to cut your budget, Inkscape gives you a similar experience with no fee, which saves you time in learning the program and still allows you to make good graphics.
Drawbacks to Inkscape
For all Inkscape offers, it still doesn’t provide the professional quality you’d want from graphic design software.
It’s also troublesome to use on Macs, which are a brand synonymous with graphic design, so that’s frustrating.
It also demands a bit of time to learn how to do everything correctly, though you may have an easier time if you previously used Adobe Illustrator.
DesignWizard is a free graphic design software that resembles Canva in many ways.
You can use the free plan with no time limit, though you might have to pay to access some templates or images.
You can create posters, social media images, videos, and print designs.
Why Is DesignWizard a Great Option?
DesignWizard is a great option because, like Inkscape, it’s free.
Any designer or website owner can use this program to create attention-grabbing graphics without breaking their budget.
Select an existing template to customize it for your website and brand.
While it’s similar to Canva, DesignWizard also provides video editing.
Drawbacks to DesignWizard
While you can use DesignWizard for free, you have to pay for certain templates, so your costs can add up quickly.
If you try to use the free elements, they have watermarks that show up in the final file.
It’s also tough to use DesignWizard if your internet connection isn’t fast because the features will lag, and you’ll have trouble creating the designs you’re trying to make.
Notable Mentions: Other Graphic Design Software To Check Out
If you want to see what other graphic design software is on the market, check out the reviews of these programs.
Why We Suggest This
Adobe Illustrator is a great option because it gives you an open artboard to create designs. It uses layers like Photoshop, but you can also zoom in even further and see each element you create as a building block.
- Best For: Professional designers looking for a strong drawing platform
Adobe Illustrator is a strong drawing platform that professional designers love.
You can draw, edit the typography, create logos, and design page layouts using this software.
Artists familiar with other Adobe programs will appreciate that it mirrors the same artboard layout which decreases the learning curve.
Why Is Adobe Illustrator a Great Option?
Adobe Illustrator is a great option because it gives you an open artboard to create designs.
It uses layers like Photoshop, but you can also zoom in even further and see each element you create as a building block.
This close inspection means you’re able to draw clean, detailed art.
Drawbacks to Adobe Illustrator
The major drawback of Illustrator is the same as with other Adobe programs—the cost.
If you can afford the software, it’s one of the best.
But it can cost a lot, whether you’re paying for it on its own or bundling it with the other Creative Cloud apps.
Adobe Illustrator Pricing
- Illustrator Only: $20.99 monthly
- Creative Cloud: $54.99 monthly
- Creative Cloud for Students: $19.99 monthly
Can You Try Adobe Illustrator for Free?
Yes, you can try Adobe Illustrator for free, just like the other Adobe options on this list by getting access to the full program free for seven days.
Make sure you cancel your trial before it ends, however, unless you’re ready to commit to a paid plan.
CorelDRAW is a professional-level graphic design software that includes tools for illustrations, graphics, and print layouts.
The dashboard is intuitive, but you can customize it to your preferred layout, making the design process even easier for you.
Why Is CorelDRAW a Great Option?
CorelDRAW is a great option because you can choose between the standard program or the entire suite, both of which give you the ability to draw amazing designs, logos, and graphics.
You can use the digital library for stock photos, templates, and fonts.
You can also customize your dashboard with whatever tools you use the most.
Drawbacks to CorelDRAW
The major drawback to CorelDRAW is that there’s no mobile option.
When you buy the software, you can only use it on a Mac or Windows computer.
You’re unable to edit designs from your tablet or phone, which can be pretty limiting for artists, especially those that need to create graphics on the go.
Designers who prefer owning a program outright will appreciate that you can purchase CorelDRAW for a flat fee so you don’t have to continue paying every month.
You can also choose a subscription if you’re looking for a shorter commitment.
- CorelDRAW Standard: $299
- CorelDRAW Graphics Suite: $22.42 monthly or $549 one-time fee
Can You Try CorelDRAW for Free?
Yes, you can get a free download of CorelDRAW to use for 15 days.
You don’t have to enter your credit card information to sign up, so there’s no risk of the company charging you when the trial ends.
Adobe XD is a tool for creating website layouts, apps, and games.
There are templates for various devices so you can see your designs on iPhones, websites, and tablets.
If you have any trouble with the program, you can view tutorials by clicking the “Learn” button to get step-by-step help.
Why Is Adobe XD a Great Option?
Everything Adobe creates is a great option, so artists wanting to design their site layout and mobile apps will appreciate using a familiar interface for this purpose.
You can use the program on Mac or Windows and there’s also a mobile app for iOS and Android, so you’ll always have access to your designs.
Drawbacks to Adobe XD
Adobe XD is great for designers who want to create engaging website layouts or mobile apps and games, but otherwise, it has a pretty limited audience.
It’s also best used in conjunction with the other Creative Cloud apps, which means you’ll have to pay a lot each month to get the most out of this program.
Adobe XD Pricing
- Adobe XD: $9.99 monthly
- Creative Cloud: $54.99 monthly
- Creative Cloud for Students: $19.99 monthly
Can You Try Adobe XD for Free?
Yes, like other Adobe programs, you can try XD free for seven days.
You have access to the full app, but Adobe will start charging you a paid subscription price automatically when the trial ends.
Sketch is a user interface design tool that gives you an artboard for prototyping your layouts and apps.
This tool is similar to Adobe XD, though you can only use Sketch on a Mac.
It integrates with many third-party plugins, making it an ideal option for artists who want to streamline the design process.
Why Is Sketch a Great Option?
Sketch is a fantastic option because it’s more affordable than similar programs.
It provides many templates for screen sizes and design types, so you know you’re starting on the right foot with your design.
You can save and share things through the cloud to work with your team easily.
It autosaves all changes, so you don’t have to worry about losing your progress.
Drawbacks to Sketch
The biggest drawback to Sketch is that it’s only available to Mac users.
While many graphic designers use Mac computers and devices anyway, the company limits its audience with this distinction.
Mac users have plenty of other programs they can use, and Windows users don’t even have the option of using Sketch.
- Standard: $9 monthly per editor
- Business: $20 monthly per editor
Can You Try Sketch for Free?
You can try Sketch for free for 30 days. If you think the monthly editor prices will add up, it’s worth knowing that the viewers are always free.
This feature makes it easy to share designs with stakeholders who need to express their approval without needing to pay to give them access to the designs.
Figma is graphic design software that allows collaboration across a team.
The program autosaves changes so multiple users can edit the same document and see the adjustments in real time.
Why Is Figma a Great Option?
Figma is a great option because you don’t have to download any software.
You and your team can access the account through the web and make changes simultaneously.
Designers compare Figma to Google Docs for how easy it is to collaborate with other users.
You can even integrate the program with Slack to receive text notifications about changes your team makes.
Drawbacks to Figma
There aren’t many drawbacks to Figma because it’s a great collaboration tool and the developers constantly add new features.
The main problem with this software might occur if you have a large team that needs access because additional editors can get expensive.
Its collaboration features are unique, but if you don’t have a group, you might not need them.
- Starter: Free
- Figma Professional: $12 monthly per editor
- Figma Organization: $45 monthly per editor
- Figma Enterprise: $75 monthly per editor
Can You Try Figma for Free?
Yes, you can use a Figma free trial for 30 days to see what you get with a paid subscription.
Figma also has a free plan you can use with no time limit.
You and unlimited collaborators can work on files online or through the mobile app.
There are limits to the files, though, so you’ll want to upgrade to a paid subscription to get more out of the tool.
Vectr is a drawing program that combines the best of Adobe Illustrator and Figma.
You can create vector-based graphics in the software while collaborating with others.
In addition to drawing, you can modify photos and illustrations to ensure all your visuals have the same aesthetic to make your online presence a cohesive entity.
Why Is Vectr a Great Option?
Vectr is a great option because it’s a free program.
With so many graphic design software options having hefty price tags or requiring a subscription, a free, professional option stands out.
You can even use a free Chrome plugin to simplify your workflow with Vectr.
Beginners can learn to use the software easily because the tools are clearly marked.
Drawbacks to Vectr
It’s hard to find fault with free programs, especially when they provide professional-level vector-based design tools.
However, the drawback to Vectr would probably be that it’s web-based.
If you’re having internet connectivity problems, you won’t be able to design anything or collaborate with your teammates.
Vectr is completely free.
There are no paid plans available, so you don’t have to worry about paying for advanced features—they’re all included in the free web version of the program.
Can You Try Vectr for Free?
Yes, you can try and use Vectr for free with no limits.
You and your team have online access to designing and exporting files just by creating an account.
Even More Options To Check Out
If the previously-reviewed tools don’t provide what you need, check out these additional options.
Serif Affinity Designer is an option similar to Adobe Illustrator.
It has a desktop version and an iPad app so you can work on the go.
The tool is ideal for beginners because the dashboard is clean and intuitive.
The grids help you lock design elements in place to ensure you’re not moving things unintentionally.
The price for the full desktop tool is $54.99, while the app is just $19.99.
This payment is a one-time fee, so you don’t have to subscribe and accrue more expenses through the software.
Corel PaintShop Pro resembles Adobe Photoshop but is only available for Windows.
You’ll love the photo editing tools in the program, along with Corel’s helpful tutorials.
You can also use vector drawing tools to design from scratch.
This tool is another great option for people who want to buy a program instead of paying a recurring subscription.
You can download PaintShop Pro for $79.99, get the entire bundle for $99.99, or get the photo and video package for $139.99.
Designers who love working on the go will want to use Adobe Creative Cloud Express.
While you can also use it on your computer, the app is easy to use, which is a plus when many design apps are too cumbersome to use on a touchscreen.
Creative Cloud Express is a free program that grants access to templates and stock photos.
Why We Suggest This
Like Photoshop, GIMP uses layers to ensure you’re only working on specific aspects of your image at a time. The layout looks like Photoshop, so if you’re familiar with that program but can’t afford it, GIMP is the ideal alternative.
- Best For: Those looking for open-source graphic design software
GIMP is a free, open-source graphic design software that closely resembles Photoshop.
It’s available for macOS, Windows, and Linux, so designers can use it regardless of their platform.
Artists love GIMP’s photo editing capabilities, but you can also draw with pencil tools.
Like Photoshop, GIMP uses layers to ensure you’re only working on specific aspects of your image at a time.
The layout looks like Photoshop, so if you’re familiar with that program but can’t afford it, GIMP is the ideal alternative.
You can use Mega Creator free with some limits regarding templates, stock photos, and file formats.
Paid plans start at $13 monthly, but you’ll have to pay $20 to export files in PSD and other program-specific formats.
Mega Creator closely resembles Canva. You can use templates for Instagram Stories, TikTok videos, Pinterest posts, YouTube thumbnails, and Facebook cover photos.
There’s no need to know dimensions because the program has everything in place, whether you just need the document or want to include the pre-selected design elements.
Xara Designer Pro is best for web and print designs.
The software simplifies photo editing and illustrating.
You can drag and drop design elements or use specific tools to complete actions. It’s a light program, so it works quickly and is responsive.
You can use cloud storage to save and edit documents, and it also syncs with Google Drive and Dropbox.
While it’s only available for Windows, Xara Designer Pro is an affordable option, starting at $14.99 monthly.
Other Products Relevant to Graphic Design Software
Graphic design software helps you create stunning images for your website and social media profiles.
Other tools can also streamline your online experience, including design software, website design tools, and photo editing programs.
- Design Software: Using design software enables you to make infographics, visuals, 3D creations, and more. You can use specific tools for a certain look or try a general design software program to create various visuals from one dashboard.
- Website Design Software: Creating a website is a breeze when you use website design software. You can design and host your page through one provider, simplifying the process. The hosts have templates and plugins you can customize.
- Photo Editing Software: Artists love photo editing software, which helps them batch edit photos to give them the same cohesive look. These tools will ensure you have a strong brand identity through your images.
Frequently Asked Questions
Graphic design software can significantly improve your website layout.
If you need more information on these programs, check out the answers to these frequently asked questions.
Which software do most graphic designers use?
Graphic designers use Adobe software because it’s intuitive and provides professional results.
Beginners can benefit because it’s easy to learn and export to common file formats you need for social media and websites.
Though they might be at the higher end of your budget, Adobe is worth the investment.
Which software is best for graphic design for beginners?
Beginners will likely appreciate what Canva offers.
It’s free to start an account and create graphics for your website and social media profile.
Designing images with no financial risk empowers people to try new things and see what’s possible without breaking their budget or adhering to what others create.
There are many different graphic design software you can use to create engaging visuals for your audience.
Adobe Photoshop is the ideal product for most graphic designers, but it can get expensive, so another program such as Inkscape might be better if you’re designing on a budget.
No matter what type of design you’re looking for, you can find an affordable option or a platform that gives you plenty of ways to create something unique and memorable.
Check out one of these options and get started on your graphic designs today!