Creating documents in Google Docs is simple and easy.
It works just like MS Word — you create a new document from within your Google Drive, give it a title, and start typing.
That ease of use makes it one of the best productivity tools available online.
However, typing alone is not enough when you’re working on a long document that should be divided into multiple sections/chapters.
You should also know how to add new pages to your document without necessarily having to type your way to the bottom of the page.
If you don’t know it, your documents may become long essays that are difficult to understand for anyone.
But don’t worry — we’ve got you covered!
In this tutorial, we’ll explore how to add a page on Google Docs whenever and wherever you want it. Let’s begin!
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What you’ll need to add a page to Google Docs?
- How to Add A Page to Google Docs: Step-by-Step Instructions
- Similar Tutorials to Check Out
- Wrapping Up
Frequently Asked Questions
Before we dive into the process of adding new pages to Google Docs, it’s important to answer some common questions about this topic.
What is the shortcut to add a new page in Google Docs?
The shortcut to add a new page in any Google Doc is Ctrl+Enter. Once you click it, a new page is automatically added to your document, and you are taken to the top of that page.
Can you have multiple pages in Google docs?
Of course. Just like a regular Word document, you can have as many pages as you wish in your Google documents.
What is the difference between page and page break?
A page is where you type your content in Google Docs, while a page break brings the content of the page to an end and inserts a new page below it. Any content that you write after a page break goes to the new page.
What are some use cases of pages added with page breaks?
Page breaks are used to add new pages whenever a long document (i.e. a multi-page report, a notice, a letter, or even a book) is being created. They divide the content into useful and digestible segments for easy comprehension and interpretation.
What you’ll need to add a page to Google Docs?
Nothing specific is required for it. You just need the following;
- A computer
- A web browser installed on your computer (preferably Google Chrome)
- The link to Google Doc in which you want to add the page.
How to Add A Page to Google Docs: Step-by-Step Instructions
Method #1: Go with the flow
This method means that you keep typing your content and allow Google Docs to add line after line, and eventually page after page as your document becomes longer.
This is the default way how pages are added to Google Docs or any other Word processor.
But that keeps your content in continuation and turns it into one long document that can be scary for anyone!
You can also hit Enter multiple times until a new page is added to the document.
That will insert some white space into your document and divide it into segments.
But even this approach is not advisable when working with long documents because every new line added with Enter key consumes bites of storage, thus making your document heavier.
There’s a better way to add new pages, explained in the second method below.
Method #2: Add a new page with a page break
You can add new pages to a Google document where you want them through the help of page breaks.
Just follow the steps outlined below to add a new page with a page break:
Step 1. Go to the location where you want to add the page break
First of all, move your cursor to the place in the document where you want to add the page break. Just click over there, and the cursor will appear in that place.
Step 2. Add page break
Add your page break by pressing Ctrl+Enter on your keyboard. This will add the page break, and you’ll be taken to a new page in the document.
Step 3. Keep working
Once you’re on your new page, you can continue whatever you were working on in your document.
That’s it! You can add as many new pages and page breaks as you wish, just like that.
Similar Tutorials to Check Out
- Download Images From Google Docs: Many times there are situations when you receive a Google document from someone, and you want to save an image from it. This tutorial can come in handy in all those situations when you want to download images from Google Docs.
- How to Use Google Search Operators: Knowing how to use Google to extract the information that matters is crucial for blogging. This tutorial can help you with that, as it explains how to Use Google Search Operators for extracting the right info from across the web in your search results.
- How to Add Google Analytics to WordPress: Finally, this tutorial explains how can you add Google Analytics to your WordPress website. It can be a good alternative to whatever existing traffic tracking system you may be using.
Google Docs has quickly emerged as one of the most important collaboration tools in the field of business, so it’s important to know how to work with it.
Adding a new page is one of the most basic things in creating documents, and hopefully we did a good job of explaining it to you.
If you still have any questions, shoot them in the comments.
If not, share the article with others too so they can start using Google Docs for their professional needs.