You must have noticed the blue verified badge next to the account name of popular celebrities and influencers that you are following on the platform.
TikTok adds the blue check mark symbol to ensure imposters do not impersonate high-profile account owners.
The badge builds trust, and that’s why every content creator on the platform or blog owner that wants to enjoy the benefits of social media marketing must work towards getting verified.
Also, TikTok algorithms tend to prioritize content from verified accounts.
You will be able to get more followers, likes, and comments — paving the way for you to effectively monetize your profile.
The one major issue is that there is no official verification process.
The only thing you can do is implement steps that will dramatically increase your chances of getting verified.
That’s why I wrote this article.
I will show you how to get verified on TikTok and the one error that can totally destroy your chances of getting the blue badge.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What Is Needed To Get Verified On TikTok
- How To Get Verified On TikTok: Step-By-Step Instructions
- Similar Tutorial Types To Check Out
- Wrapping Up
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the questions people are asking about the TikTok verification process on Google:
What Does It Mean To Get Verified On TikTok?
Getting the verified badge means TikTok recognizes the owner of that account as the real deal.
The badge is always displayed next to the account holder’s name, and it is not authentic if you find it elsewhere on someone’s profile.
Is it Easy To Get Verified On TikTok?
Typically, only well-known accounts that are enjoying consistent growth and have at least 500,000 followers get verified.
Audience engagement indicators like likes and comments must also be in the millions.
What Is Needed To Get Verified On TikTok
You will need the following tools and resources before you can start implementing the steps that will boost your chances of getting verified:
- Social Media Analytics — you will need tools like socialinsider.io to analyze your content library and identify the types of videos that have proven to be popular with your target audience.
- Social Media Profiles — if you have established profiles on other major social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and others, you can leverage that account to increase your chances of getting verified.
How To Get Verified On TikTok: Step-By-Step Instructions
The TikTok team that is responsible for evaluating whether an account meets verification requirements is the Creator Launch Team (CLT).
The team spelled out the following requirements on TikTok’s support page:
- An account that represents a real individual, brand, business, or institution
- An account with a completed profile
- An account with an email domain that represents the brand or business (for example, @bloggingtips.com)
- An account that is protected with multi-factor authentication
- An account that has been active for at least six months
Following these requirements will eliminate any impediments to your being considered for verification by the CLT team.
It doesn’t end there though, you must take other steps to boost the value of your profile and attract the attention of the team to your account.
The tips I will be explaining below will help you do just that.
- Grow your account
- Post videos with viral potential
- Ensure high engagement levels
- Post eye-catching content consistently
- Get verified on other platforms
Tip 1: Grow Your Account
You will have to consistently attract an average of 2000 followers per day over an extended period.
The platform has over 1 billion monthly users, and TikTok will only champion accounts that can attract and retain the attention of those users.
The best way to do that is to post quality content that can entertain or educate your target audience.
You must pick a niche and identify the types of videos that are popular with viewers in that segment.
Popular content formats that work on TikTok include:
- How-to videos: content that helps people learn stuff
- Did you know? Videos: content that educates people about little-known facts
- What happens next videos: transformation videos that hook viewers before revealing something entertaining
- Unplanned event videos: unscripted content that shows singular events and funny coincidences
Tip 2: Post Content With Viral Potential
Viral content is the most effective way to draw TikTok’s attention, and those are the types of videos that power the platform.
One way to come up with content ideas that can go viral is to check out the latest TikTok trends.
You can find such videos on the For You page.
You can also use an analytical tool like Socialexaminer.io to analyze the average watch time of your videos and identify common elements in videos that have proven popular with your followers.
Making your videos popular enough could also get you featured on media channels.
This means viral videos could help you show up on online postings and popular podcasts.
When you start getting that sort of third-party coverage, TikTok will surely take notice.
Tip 3: Ensure High Engagement Levels
The more engaging your videos are, the better your chances of getting verified. Besides, only engaging videos stand the chance of going viral.
The best way to know whether your target audience finds a video engaging is to look at its average watch time.
When people are watching a video to the end, you know that found it entertaining or useful.
Large numbers of comments and likes are also good indicators.
Communicating with your audience is also a major part of engagement.
You must respond to their comments and you can also organize challenges as a way to further interact with them.
Tip 4: Post Eye-Catching Content Consistently
You must post videos consistently, and I will recommend uploading about three videos every day.
I am not saying you should post meaningless content just to meet up with a fixed daily quota.
What I mean is that only content creators that combine high levels of creativity together with consistent output can become major players on TikTok.
The quality of your production must also be top-notch. Pay attention to details and use video editing software to bring your video up to scratch.
Tip 5: Get Verified On Other Platforms
The more you get acknowledged by other major social platforms, the faster you will get your verification badge.
Other platforms also tend to have a more discernable verification process that makes everything easier.
Of course, you must also have a large following on those platforms and be recognized as a credible authority before you can get verified.
Similar Tutorial Types To Check Out
- How To Delete A TikTok Video: this article will show you how to remove videos from the platform in the two major situations that could prompt such a decision.
- How To Make Money On TikTok: discover what it takes to succeed on the platform and proven methods you can use to monetize your account.
- How To Go Viral On TikTok: learn how to craft a winning TikTok strategy and the secrets to creating viral TikTok videos.
Media figures and celebrities will face fewer hurdles to getting verified on the platform, but the great thing about TikTok is that everybody else is also given a fair chance to succeed.
If you implement all the tips I listed above, your profile will grow exponentially and you will get your verification badge in no time.
One transgression that can make that impossible is when you flout TikTok’s rules. You must always comply with community guidelines and the platform’s terms of service.
Avoid things like hate speech, plagiarized content, and nudity. If you are found violating the rules, you will be denied verification. It can also be revoked if you already own the badge.