Are you camera confident and born with a creative bone?
Then, vlogging is an ideal way for you to make money online.
Video content is trending online today.
Over 80% of digital traffic is video generated—YouTube being the biggest video content contributor.
According to Statistica, 62% of Americans visited YouTube daily in 2020.
And for a week and month, the statistics reached 92% and 98%, respectively.
Since people are consuming video content, you should use your video-making talent to make good money.
So, let’s not think anymore and learn how to make money vlogging in 2023.
- What is a Vlog?
- How Much Can You Earn From Vlogging?
- Who Is The Highest-Paid Vlogger?
- How to Start a Money-making Vlog
- How to Make Money Vlogging: 5 Cool Methods
- Other Helpful Tutorials
- How to Make Money Vlogging: Parting Note
What is a Vlog?
A vlog is a video blog that logs all your video content.
It combines text, images, audio, and other multimedia to present content.
For example, recording yourself talking on a subject or reviewing a product is a vlog.
A blog means publishing content on your website regardless of its format.
You can publish plain text, images, gifs, or even videos on blog posts.
In contrast, vlog only consists of video content published on video-supporting platforms like YouTube, Vimeo, etc.
How Much Can You Earn From Vlogging?
It is hard to answer this question because many factors contribute to your vlogging earnings, like:
- Traffic on your videos
- Your income-generating method
- Content quality
- Consistency, etc.
However, if you play your cards right, you can earn between $750 and $1,500 monthly from vlogs.
Who Is The Highest-Paid Vlogger?
Top-rated vloggers are making millions nowadays.
As of 2021, Mr. Beast (Jimmy Donaldson) is the highest-earning vlogger in the States, with a $54 million annual revenue.
But he is one of many vloggers rolling in the money.
Here are the top 10 American vloggers and their earnings in 2021:
How to Start a Money-making Vlog
Becoming a vlogger is easy today.
But making money from vlogging takes work.
In a way, many blogging tips also apply to vlogging so that you can set up a successful vlog with basic blogging knowledge.
Though, if you are a newbie, let’s walk through a quick process to start a vlog:
- Pick your niche. Niche is the topic of your vlogs. Finding a niche with good demand but moderate competition today is the hardest part. But ask yourself one thing while choosing your vlog niche—what is your passion?
- Do market research. Once you find your niche, do some research. Watch your competitors’ videos and find a way to create better content than theirs.
- Find your vlogging platform. YouTube is the first preference of vloggers to publish their content. But it is not the only video platform—there is also Instagram, Vimeo, and many more. I will suggest trying multiple platforms to target a larger audience base.
- Get quality video equipment. Video quality matters regarding higher search engine rankings and user experience. So, always invest in video recording equipment like DSLR cameras, microphones, and basic lighting gear.
- Edit, edit, and edit. Relentless and unbiased editing makes a quality vlog. Invest in quality video editing software to take your video to perfection. A good editing tool might cost you a fortune, but it is critical for your career growth.
- Promote your vlog. Don’t rest after creating your vlog. Promote it on all the digital platforms where you can find your targeted audience. I suggest embedding videos on websites, too; it can help you improve your SEO score and traffic.
- Track your performance. Ensure to track your vlogs so you can produce content topics generating more traffic.
How to Make Money Vlogging: 5 Cool Methods
Now that you know how to start a vlog, let’s see how to make money from it:
Method 1. Run Ads
YouTube vloggers can always run ads to make money.
Just set up your Google AdSense account, and you can make money whenever someone clicks on your ads.
But there is a condition—your channel must have 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 watch hours for 12 months to run AdSense ads.
Thus, your primary focus must be creating quality and consistent content to increase viewership.
Once you have that, AdSense lets you add various ad styles on YouTube.
Skippable in-stream ads that you can skim after 5 seconds—
In-feed video ads that appear in between videos—
Non-skippable in-stream ads users cannot skim; they have to watch them all—
Alt text: non-skippable in-stream ads
Bumper ads are shorter (6 seconds) and useful for delivering a quick message—
Masthead ads auto-play without sound for up to 30 seconds at the top of your YouTube Home feed—
Outstream ads play with the sound off that viewers can unmute to listen to—
Method 2. Affiliate Marketing
Don’t want to disturb viewers’ experiences with ads?
Or haven’t you received AdSense approval yet?
Then, affiliate marketing is the best option.
You can promote third-party products and services on your vlogs.
You can also add affiliate links in the video description to get more signups for your affiliates.
Today, you can find many great affiliate marketing programs in almost every niche.
Every affiliate program offers different revenue compensations, so check commission rates before joining a program.
Here are some great affiliate programs for vloggers:
- Semrush offers $200 for a new subscription and $10 for a lead.
- Siteground commission goes up to €75.
- Liquid Web pays 150% of the monthly hosting cost.
Method 3. Sponsored Videos
Do you have significant followership on your video platforms, like 5 million followers or 10 million views?
Then, you can take the sponsorship route to make money from vlogs.
You can contact companies in your niche to promote their products on your platform.
When a company sees you have vast followership, they don’t mind paying you money to promote their products to your audience.
But this only happens if you have good traffic.
Micro-influencers are also on business radars these days.
So, it is easy to find good sponsors if you have a good reach.
Remember, don’t promote any brand on your videos because they pay well.
Once you promote the brand, its repetition is linked to you.
Therefore, you don’t want your brand’s name to be associated with any wrong or illegal companies.
Do your market comprehensive research before partnering with a company.
Take inspiration from Hot Ones and Tums collaboration.
Hot Ones is a YouTube channel about hot wings, so their sponsorship with Tums was a match made in heaven.
Method 4. Sell Merchandise
Are you an influencer with a loyal following?
Then, you sell custom merchandise to your fans.
For example, you can sell branded coffee mugs or t-shirts.
You can also leverage third-party platforms like Etsy to sell more merchandise or set up your WooCommerce store.
Don’t limit yourself to physical merchandise.
You can also sell digital goodies like ebooks, templates, etc.
For instance, Semrush Academy uses its YouTube channel to promote courses.
Method 5. Sell Custom Photo Presets
Most vloggers are active on multiple social networks like Instagram.
Therefore, they also need captivating images for an Instagram profile photo, YouTube thumbnails, or more.
Since you have already invested in high-quality editing tools, use them to create custom-branded elements for others.
You can create preset photo packages and sell them through your vlogs.
You can even create a complete vlog start kit.
Then, you can guide other people to become vloggers.
Make a list of tools and platforms you use to build your vlog brand and sell to aspiring vloggers at good rates.
VFXnut’s Vloggers Pack is the best example of learning how to sell vlog buttons, openers, end frames, and other elements.
Other Helpful Tutorials
We are still going! Blcoggingtips.com has many other great tutorials to make money online:
- How to Make Money With Google AdSense: Google AdSense allows you to run ads on your YouTube videos to generate good income. Explore this tutorial to learn the process better.
- How to Become a Brand Ambassador: Do you want to become an influencer to promote other brands? This tutorial can help you understand how to become a successful brand ambassador.
- How to Start a Blog: If you are a good writer, use this tutorial to start a blog and make money from affiliate links, ads, etc.
How to Make Money Vlogging: Parting Note
Vlogging is a great content-sharing format, especially in travel, finance, and lifestyle niches.
Plus, there, you have so many options to monetize your vlogs.
On a parting note, pick any way to make money from vlogs but keep your content quality always high.
You will only get sponsorships if you have a good fan base and traffic—the same goes for ads or merchandise sales.
So, produce quality content, and you will make money vlogging.
We hope you find this “how to make money vlogging” guide helpful.
For more online making tutorials, do check out our other tutorials.