Do you have a website or YouTube channel with a good traffic volume?
Then, you are sitting on a gold mine. How?
Using Google AdSense, you can display ads on your digital platforms to generate significant monthly revenue.
As of 2021, around 38.3 million websites use AdSense to monetize their content.
Some people even today make a living from Google AdSense.
So, let’s see how to make money from Google AdSense this year.
What is Google AdSense?
AdSense is a free display advertising network hub that shows ads on your website.
It displays relevant and engaging ads next to your content to motivate visitors to clićk on them.
The best part about this program is that it calculates revenue based on the number of users’ clicks on the ad and the impressions it receives.
AdSense is a great way to make money online because:
- It is easy and free to join.
- Several ad options are available that you can customize to fit your site’s look.
- If you make over $100 with AdSense, you can get direct monthly payouts from Google.
- You can run ads on several websites with one account.
- In addition, it lets you run ads on RSS feeds and mobile devices.
How Much Does AdSense Pay Per 1,000 Clicks?
AdSense users generally get 68% to 51% commissions depending on the targeted niche.
That means some niche websites can make from $0.20 to $15.
It makes an average of $3 per click for website owners.
Based on that, you can earn around $3,000 per 1,000 clicks (more or less).
Ultimately, it depends upon your website niche—how much money you make from AdSense.
In addition, your geographical location, competition, and targeted sectors also impact your earnings from AdSense.
You can use the AdSense revenue calculator to know your exact AdSense income per click.
Does AdSense Only Pay For Clicks?
A high click-through rate is one of many ways to make money on AdSense.
Google also pays for impressions and other interactions on your ads.
But the catch is that impressions generate less money than clicks.
So, always aim for more ad clicks to make more money.
How Does Google AdSense Work?
The Google AdSense process is pretty simple.
Just create an AdSense account, embed the ad code into your web pages or posts, and that’s it.
Google uses an automatic algorithm to display targeted ads based on your website content or visitors’ previous search history.
Once your site users start clicking or engaging with your ads, you get paid.
How to Make Money with Google AdSense: Step-by-step Guide
In the beginning, all AdSense ad codes and campaigns can overwhelm you.
But there’s nothing to stress about.
Setting up an AdSense account and making money with it is easy.
Let’s see how to make money with AdSense in 5 easy steps:
Step 1. Create Your Ad Displayer
You must first create a web property to display your Google ads.
AdSense allows you to embed ad codes on various web properties like blogs, YouTube videos, websites, etc.
You must check with Google to know where else you can display digital ads.
If you are a new blogger with zero funds, you can create a simple BlogSpot account and display ads to generate income.
It is a free blogging platform created by Google. It has a simple interface and basic templates to create a blogging website.
In addition, BlogSpot supports HTML, so you can easily add AdSense ad code.
On the other hand, WordPress is the best option for creating a professional-looking website.
You can use a custom domain, web hosting, and personalize your website layout to attract more traffic on WordPress.
Adding Google AdSense to WordPress is super easy. First, go to your WordPress dashboard > Plugins> Add New > Site Kit by Google.
Site Kit is a free and open-source plugin to drive metrics and insights from AdSense.
Once you activate this plugin, you can start displaying ads on your WordPress website and track your AdSense revenue.
Step 2. Produce Quality Content
After creating your web properties to display ads, content is the next important thing to work on.
Your quality content is the main driving force behind web traffic.
The purpose of Google displaying ads on third-party websites is to target more people.
Therefore, traffic is a crucial factor in making money with AdSense.
You must create high-quality, engaging content to generate organic traffic on your site.
You can use keyword optimization, backlinking, and other SEO techniques to produce high-performing content.
Step 3. Create Your AdSense Account & Get Approval
Do people like the content on your blog, YouTube channel, or another website?
Then, the next step in making money from Google AdSense is setting up your AdSense account.
Before we walk you through the steps to create an AdSense account, ensure you meet the following criteria:
- You are 18 years or older.
- You have full control over your website or YouTube channel.
- Unique and engaging content is available on your website.
- There is no fake traffic on your website.
- Your site has a clear navigation system.
- No plagiarised content.
- Content must support local law.
- Your site must be at least six months old.
- Your site must have technical pages like sitemap, about us, etc.
- Significant traffic on your site or YouTube channel.
Apart from that, compile all the latest AdSense Program Terms and Conditions to get instant account approval.
Are you confident that you are eligible for the Google AdSense Program?
Then, follow these steps to create your AdSense account:
Step 1. Get a Gmail account if you don’t already have one.
Then, log into your Gmail account.
Step 2. Search for the AdSense Program and fill the form with the right information.
Step 3. Now, the waiting game begins!
Once AdSense approves your account, you can start placing ads on your site.
Step 4. Focus on the Ad Placement
Where an ad is displayed on your site greatly affects user experience, responsiveness, and website performance.
Google AdSense supports several add formats, such as:
- Display ads are simple banner ads containing images and videos.
- In-feed ads are native ads that display like a list of articles inside a feed.
- In-article ads that appear between the page content.
- AdSense custom search ads show ads within search results.
- The matched content option allows publishers to promote their other relevant web pages to readers.
Here are some tips you can follow to make ads attractive and not disturbing on your site:
- Enable all ad categories on your site because too many restrictions on ad displays can low demand and your income.
- Use standard banner advertising sizes that can display well on all screen sizes.
- If your content is long, place ads between paragraphs to increase viewability.
- Use video ads if your web host bandwidth allows; stick with HD image ads.
- Display ads on the sidebar if you have shorter content.
- Optimize your ads to display on mobile devices.
Step 5. Track Your Content & Ads Performance
The final step on “how to make money with Google AdSense” is to track your content performance.
It enables you to produce content that your audience prefers.
And there’s no rocket science in it—the higher content engagement, the better ad revenue.
You can use tools to track each content piece’s performance, such as Google Analytics, Semrush, etc.
You must also keep an eye on your ad’s performance to know how many clicks and impressions you are getting and how many more you need to meet your revenue goals.
To do so, go to your AdSense dashboard > All campaigns > Ads & assets.
On the next screen, you can see a table showing a complete statistical view, including:
- State displaying whether your ads are running or paused.
- Ad relevance measures keywords performance related to your ad.
Other Helpful Tutorials
Here are some other useful Bloggingtips tutorials to make online money:
- How to Make Money With Pinterest: Do you have a good followership on Pinterest? Then, you must leverage it to make money online using this tutorial.
- How to Make Money on Medium: Writers can also use Medium to make money online using Partner Program, Referral Membership, and many other ways. Check this guide to know more.
- How to Become an Amazon Reviewer: It is possible to make money online by writing Amazon reviews. Read this tutorial to learn how to do that.
How to Make Money with Google AdSense: Bottom Line
Google AdSense is a perfect way to make money online using your web properties.
Your web traffic can make you a good income every month.
But unfortunately, Google decides which ads will display on your site.
Plus, the EU ban on Google Analytics and strict online privacy rules have made it harder to make money with AdSense.
Thus, you must also check out AdSense alternatives like Monumetric, Media.net, Publift, and others to maintain your revenue flow.
But Google AdSense is an excellent place to start making money online for new bloggers and YouTubers.
It is a reliable and tried way to make money online.
I hope this tutorial helps you.
But you can always refer to our other tutorials for more help.