Are you looking for a passive income source to treat yourself better?
Then, you only need a digital product you can sell online to earn some side income.
But, you don’t get sufficient time to constantly stay online to promote your products while working full-time and managing your home?
In that case, printables are the best digital products for you.
Create a printable when you get time, upload it online, and you’ll make money whenever someone downloads it.
Sounds cool, right?
So, let’s not waste time and learn how to create printables to sell online.
- What are Printables?
- How Much Can I Make by Selling My Printables?
- What is the Best Program For Making Printables?
- Where Can I Sell My Printables?
- How to Make Printables to Sell Like a Hot Cake
- Other Helpful Tutorials
- How to Make Printables to Sell: Parting Remarks
What are Printables?
Printables are digital products that users can download online and print at home.
However, downloading printable costs a significant amount a customer must pay to print it.
Printables are designed to solve a particular challenge.
For example, teachers and parents can download coloring pages for their kids.
Most printables are sold in the following formats:
- PDF documents are uneditable but best for printing word documents.
- PNG is a perfect image format for downloading large files. It is suitable for digital graphics.
- JPG is the best to print high-definition quality digital photography.
How Much Can I Make by Selling My Printables?
It is hard to tell the exact amount you can make by selling printables.
However, there is a possibility to make from $10 a week to $2,000 a month.
Printable sales depend upon several factors, like:
- Which niche have you targeted?
- How well are your products ranking on search engines?
- What is your price point?
- How well-established is your brand?
- How well is your online optimized? Etc.
What is the Best Program For Making Printables?
Depending upon what type of printables you want to create, there are many great programs available out there, such as:
- Adobe Illustrator makes super easy to create printables using drawing, illustration, text, and many other tools. “Adobe Illustrator CC – Essentials Training Course” is the best program to learn Adobe on Udemy.
- Canva is the perfect platform to create graphical printables and sell them like invites, business cards, etc. In addition, Canva Learn is a free classroom for Canva tricks.
- Photoshop and Photoshop Elements are both popular printable creating tools. Skillshare has a nice Photoshop Basics program to learn basics.
- Design Bundles has a dedicated page to design free graphic resources.
- Font Bundles has exclusive free and premium fonts to create commercial printables.
- PicMonkey is an online platform for designing graphics and editing photos.
Where Can I Sell My Printables?
Many easy and great shops are available to sell your printables online, such as:
- Etsy: Etsy is a popular option for selling self-designed and handmade items. It costs $0.20 to list a printable on Etsy, so the margin rate is good on each sale.
- Shopify: It is a great place to sell digital products if you have a well-established client base. You need to invest initially in hosting your store on Shopify, costing around $29/month for basic services.
- Gumroad: It is a marketplace targeting content creators. The platform will charge you a 9% fee on a sale.
- CreativeFabrica: It sells fewer printables on CreativeFabrica than on other platforms. That way, you can sell faster and even cash out your money anytime.
How to Make Printables to Sell Like a Hot Cake
Making printables and selling them online is a bit harder than it looks.
In a literal sense, you are building an online business, so there are many things to do before making money from printables.
Here are simple steps to guide you on how to make printables to sell online:
Step 1. Find Your Niche
Foremost, you must find a niche where you want to make printables.
And there are plenty of options in the printable niche area.
If you are not sure about your printable niche, I’ll suggest you do two things.
Ask yourself: what are you good at?
You need to think practically here—if your printables are not good, your sales will never be good.
Thus, find the printable niches in which you are good.
For example, suppose you are a preschool teacher.
In that case, you can create worksheets for preschoolers to download and practice at home.
Since you work with preschoolers all day, you can add extra value to your worksheets.
And your extra value can help to sell your printable better.
Here you can see how many people are selling printable worksheets for kids on Etsy:
Is there demand in the market for your niche?
If there is no one to buy your printable items, what is the purpose of making them?
So, do your market research before investing your time in creating printable items.
Ensure that there is significant demand for your printables in the market.
To do so, you can search keywords related to your item on Google.
For example, when I searched the “wedding invitation printables” term on Google, I was amazed at the keyword search volume:
You can also use Google Keywords Planner to see how much traffic and demand your keywords generate.
It can help you understand whether your niche is profitable.
Step 2. Build Your Brand
Remember, you compete with big print-on-demand companies like Printful, Printify, Teelaunch, and many more.
Thus, you must build a good business brand before selling your printables.
There is not much to do; start with the following:
- Creating a unique business logo
- Distinctive brand color and style
- Develop a website or a basic landing page using WordPress, WooCommerce, Shopify, etc.
Step 3. Make a Demo Printable Item
At this stage, you can start making your printable items.
You can use the tools and programs discussed above to create printable items.
First, you must create a demo printable item and share it with your friends and family.
Then, get feedback from them to make a final finished item before selling online.
You can also offer free printables in the beginning to get unbiased feedback from your potential customers.
Free products can help you identify potential customers and build your email list.
In addition, it is a popular business strategy to introduce a new product in the market.
Step 4. Fix Prices
It is a tricky part of the process.
Setting the right cost for your printables is an analytical process.
You don’t want to initially set too high a price for your items to fend off customers.
But you don’t want to make your product look cheaper on listings.
So, you should search for related printable items online and see how much they cost.
You can even purchase some items to check their quality and compare it with prices.
After completing due diligence, you must calculate your product development cost, including host charges, development software subscription, and efforts.
Step 5. Promote Your Printables
The final step in how to make printables to sell is promoting your items.
It is crucial because it will define how much you can make by selling printable items.
Fortunately, there are several strategies to promote digital products online, such as:
- Optimize your website with high-quality content and images.
- Use third-party storefronts like Amazon, Shopify, etc.
- Create a Facebook group or follow other related groups.
- Produce keyword-targeted blogs.
- Host live events or reels on Instagram, Facebook, etc.
- Use email marketing to reach out to your potential customers.
- Create a referral program to generate some referral leads.
In short, use your creativity and leverage all the available digital marketing tools to promote your printable items so more people can buy them.
Other Helpful Tutorials
Besides these simple 5 steps, you can follow these tutorials to sell digital products to generate a significant income:
- How to Create Digital Products: Check out this entire tutorial to learn how to create digital products that can be sold in 2023.
- How to Develop an eCommerce Website: If you want to develop an eCommerce website to sell your printable items, please refer to this tutorial.
- How to Start an eCommerce Business: Do you want to start an eCommerce business this year? Then, this guide can help you learn everything about starting an eCommerce business.
How to Make Printables to Sell: Parting Remarks
There you have it, people! You have now learned how to make printables to sell online in only 5 steps.
You only need to pick a niche, do market research, create your printable item, and promote it on multiple channels.
It indeed takes less time and effort to sell principles online.
But the key point here is to create a printable that people want to use.
Your printable items must have high quality and the potential to solve someone’s problem.
So, that’s it for now.
You can keep following us for more details on digital selling at Bloggingtips.com.