Curious about how to set up AdSense on YouTube?
Did you know the British gamer, Daniel Middleton (DanTDM) made over $16.5 million in 2017 from his YouTube channel? Evan Fong made over $15.5 million, and Lilly Singh earned over $10.5 million.
If you’re anxious to get a piece of the action, we can help. All you need to is set up an AdSense account and get some fans. Read on to discover how.
The YouTube Partner Program
January 16th, 2018, Google announced new eligibility requirements for YouTubers who want to use AdSense. They say it is part of their effort to reward those creators who make YouTube great. And punish spammers, bad actors, and other impersonators who try to take advantage of creators.
For your account to be eligible for AdSense, you must reach the following thresholds:
- The channel must reach 4,000 watch hours
- The channel must reach 1,000 subscribers
- Both must be accomplished within a 12 month period
To learn more about what it takes to create a successful and popular YouTube channel, take a look at the channels on this list. Pretty much everyone on this list is going to be monetizing their latest videos through the Adsense method laid out in this post.
You must also follow the steps listed below.
Read the YouTube Partner Program terms. Then agree to it.
- Start by signing in to YouTube.
- In the top right corner of YouTube, select your account icon>Creator Studio.
- In the left menu, select the Channel>Status and features.
- Click the Enable option under “Monetization.”
- Read and accept the Partner Program terms.
When you’re ready, move to the next step.
Create your new AdSense account or connect your existing account to your channel. To earn money from your videos, you need an AdSense account.
- After you read and accept the Partner Program terms above, you’ll be redirected to AdSense.
- Check to ensure the email address in the top left corner matches the Google account connected to your YouTube account.
- Accept AdSense association.
- Provide your contact info and submit your AdSense application.
- AdSense will redirect you back to YouTube.
Note: to ensure you receive payments, log into your AdSense account and make certain you resolve any payment holds. After you resolve any holds, you can be paid after your earnings reach your payment threshold.
Determine which type of ads to run on your videos. After this step is completed and your channel is approved, you’ll start earning money.
- Confirm that you want to monetize all your existing and future videos.
- Check whichever boxes apply to you under the Ads format option. Mark the ad types you want to show.
- Click Save.
Note: these settings aren’t permanent. You can adjust them again later if you wish.
When you reach the thresholds listed in the “Enable Monetization” section above, you’re ready for your application to be reviewed. After you submit the application, YouTube will make sure your channel’s activity adheres to the following rules:
They’ll contact you when the process is complete.
After You Discover How to Set Up AdSense on YouTube
Ok, so now that you’ve figured out how to set up AdSense on YouTube, it’s time to personalize your channel. Use Adobe Spark or similar apps to create a professional banner, channel icon, and other channel art. Also, make sure to fill out your “about section,” and upload a profile pic.
Most importantly, include keywords. Head to Creator Studio>Channel>Advanced. Then type your words in the box labeled “Channel Keywords.” Also, include them in your video titles and descriptions.
If you found this information helpful, take five minutes to browse our library of other brilliant articles.
So long and good luck!