What I’ve always loved about web marketing is that it allows the little guys like you and me, people who might work from home on our kitchen tables, to compete on a levelfooting with much bigger companies.
In New Zealand I sometimes pitched for web design business against huge advertising agencies like Saatchi & Saatchi and Ogilvy & Mather. And sometimes I won.
I put a lot of time and thought into my proposals and the pitching process would always end in a face to face meeting which clinched the deal. But I know that it was my own website design that got them interested in working with me in the first place. Having a great website opened doors.
Of course after that it was up to me to make sure the door stayed open and they let me in, but I loved that a work at home mum and dad business could beat big businesses because our website didn’t make us look like a small family run business, it made us look like a dedicated, professional team.
Of course you and I know you can be professional AND small but it’s all about perception. I know if those clients had realised we were a mum and dad business in the beginning they would never have considered working with us. But they did end up working with us because our website made them trust us from the very beginning and convinced them to give us a chance.
Continuing to help other small business owners beat much bigger competitors has kept my passion for web marketing alive.
It’s a scientific fact that people like to support the underdog and I set up Successful Blogging and wrote Successful Blogging in 12 Simple Steps so I could help more small business owners, even if I don’t actually design their website or blog.
So I’m thrilled the Successful Blogging book is now for sale in print and on Kindle from Amazon and to celebrate I’m having a blog consultation giveaway.
Anyone who buys either version of Successful Blogging in 12 Simple Steps during April will go into the draw to win one of three 30 minute blog consultations with me valued at $199 each.
So if you’ve been thinking about buying my book now’s a great time to do it.
How to Enter:
1. Buy Successful Blogging in 12 Simple Steps either in print or Kindle. Please keep your receipt as proof of purchase – you will be asked to show it if you win.
2. Leave a book review in Amazon.
3. Leave a short comment here saying you’ve entered the giveaway.
Rules of entry:
1. Buy the book in print or Kindle from Amazon.
2. Leave a review on Amazon on or or before April 30th 2013. Do allow time to read the book before leaving your review and be honest. The giveaway is random and definitely not related to what you write in the review. The aim is to give real feedback on the book to me and other people who are interested in blogging decide if it’s right for them.
3. Leave a comment here. The three winners will be chosen from the comments at the end of this post. They will be emailed at the beginning of May and will be able to book their consultation after showing proof of purchase.
How the three blog consultation winners will be chosen:
I’ll use a random draw to pick winners from the comments then we’ll organise a good time for us both to talk via Skype or, if you prefer, you can call my on my landline or cell phone.
Is Print or Kindle Version Best for You?
If you’d like the chance to win a 30 minute blog consultation with me all you have to do is decide whether the print or Kindle version works best for you and buy the book.
Advantages of the Print Version:
The print version of Successful Blogging in 12 Simple Steps is a beautifully laid out course and workbook. You’ll be able to fill in the workbook section and use the book and your ideas as a resource for years to come.
The print version is slightly more expensive but it’s still great value for $25 because it should save you months of work and, if you’re blogging for business, help you grow your business and increase your income as fast as possible.
Pros and Cons of the Kindle Version:
The Kindle version is only $9.99 and will be delivered straight to your mobile device giving you immediate access. It has the same content as the print version in a slightly different format and can be bought either for you or as a gift.
Buy Successful Blogging in 12 Simple Steps Now
- Get it in print from Amazon.
- Get the Kindle version on Amazon.
Thank you. And good luck!