If you are a blog or a website business owner, you know about Google AdSense. But have you heard of Media.net? Media.net made headlines across the world when its founder and serial entrepreneur, Divyank Turakhia orchestrated its acquisition by a Chinese consortium in the 3rd largest ad-tech deal ever. He takes the approach that any website owner or blog owner should have the power to reach the masses and to be able to tap into a huge network of advertisers to reach their full potential as an online publisher.
Media.net exclusively powers the Yahoo! Bing ad marketplace, giving blog owners and site owners a way to tap a large base of high-profile quality advertisers. Using contextual ads that vary in size and design to fit your unique blog, they utilize the best of the best of contextual advertising to find what your readers want and deliver it to them as they take in your content.
Google AdSense has had a monopoly in the on-site advertising industry for a long time, but Media.net offers a viable and sustainable alternative. When Google first started, they offered more control over the types of ads you chose as a publisher. But now they have automated the process completely, resulting in a gross lack of control for publishers.
Media.net, in comparison, not just has the world-class technology needed to run these ads, but also includes features that place control in the hands of the publishers. So, this means that you can decide how you want the ads to look and behave at any given time. More control over the ads means you have more control over the end results.
What makes Media.net so different?
You may wonder what makes Media.net so special or different from Google AdSense. There are several reasons for us recommending Media.net. They offer some interesting features that you cannot get with AdSense.
- Media.net connects you to the Yahoo! Bing network of advertisers who you cannot access through Google: Media.net is the exclusive ad platform powering the Yahoo! Bing ad marketplace globally. They make available to their publishers, access to around $6bn worth of search demand – demand that can be unlocked only through Media.net. This can obviously translate to a lot of revenue and a definite hike in your earnings if you were to start tapping Media.net’s advertiser base.
- It is the pioneer of the D2S ad format that allows you to earn more: Media.net spearheaded the display to search advertising format that monetizes your content with ads bought by advertisers on a CPC model. How does that matter? Ads bought on a keyword-targeted cost per click (CPC) basis always enjoy more advertiser budget than ads bought per 1000 impressions. Why? Because CPC ads show clear user intent in comparison to CPM ads where you have no way of knowing whether the ad was engaged with or not. What does that translate to, for you? D2S results in better targeting and more revenue for you, because advertisers pay more for ads where the users will genuinely be interested. Media.net is the pioneer of this format and it’s a significant advantage, we believe.
- It scans your content to display ads that are always relevant to what you write about: The self-learning technology of Media.net scans the content on your pages and optimizes your ads to make sure that the ads you display remain contextual to the content you are creating. This makes your visitor experience a lot more immersive and he/she is then more likely to click on ads that are related to the content they are consuming on your page.
- Their ads are native in design and highly customizable to your style and needs of your blog or site: If you have certain color palettes on your site, you can customize your Media.net ads to match your color and style. This makes the ads blend in better with your original content and provides an aesthetically-pleasing experience for your users and customers. These ads do not disrupt the original browsing experience and can be customized to remain native to the rest of your content.
- Ad specialists will advise you on how to maximize your earnings through their ad platform: When you get approved by Media.net, you get an Account Manager who is dedicated to your account and its performance. This Ad Specialist will walk you through any issues you may face and will consistently suggest strategies that will help you maximize your ad performance to its fullest potential. It’s like having an expert marketing analyst working for you 24/7. Sweet deal, right?
Variations in Banner Sizes
In addition to all of the above, Media.net also allows you to choose from a variety of banner sizes that blend seamlessly with your content. You can also track your performance with the included metric tools to chart how your ad campaigns are doing. You don’t want to be limited to only a few sizes of banner ads, especially if you are working with a WordPress or other type of site that is limited in space. Ad placement is important, and you should be able to adjust the banner size to fit the specific areas where you want the ads to run. Media.net also has custom sizes which aren’t available with AdSense, that you can use to create additional inventory and consequently, additional revenue.
Here are a few examples of Media.net ad units:
Media.net Below the Article Ad Unit
Media.net Display Ad Banner
Media.net Mobile Docked Ad Unit
Media.net 600×250 Custom Ad Unit
Running Profitable Targeted Ads
The key to successfully monetizing your site is to place ads that appeal to the people that are on your site. Targeted traffic is what is important. The Media.net platform also targets specific searcher’s actions and behaviors to maximize the results and increase your revenue. This review by Monetizepros.com illustrates why both advertisers and publishers like the Media.net platform and how it is helping people to earn a higher return on their investment.
The Power of Contextual Ads
One unique thing about Media.net’s platform is that they allow you to use contextual ads that dig deep into the fibre of what people are looking for based on smart technologies that almost read people’s minds. The engineering behind the idea is highly sophisticated and provides you with an opportunity to tap into one of the most cutting-edge technologies available today.
Creating custom content is the job of a blogger or site owner. Media.net just helps you do this better by adding the essential ingredient of customized contextual ads and banners that appeal to the users that are visiting your site. The fact that you can customize the ads on Media.net’s platform just gives you a better feeling of control over what happens with your ads on your site. That’s a good feeling.
An important thing to note here is that this self-learning technology of Media.net, in our experience, needs some time to understand and absorb the concept of your content and then serve ads that are likely to garner you clicks and perform well. So, when you start displaying Media.net ads, it’s probably best to allow them time to auto-optimize.
You don’t want to ever turn something completely over to technology, no matter how good the technology is. You need to maintain a sense of control over your ads as well as your original content. This provides the perfect mix between automation and creative thinking, between control and passivity, so that you can concentrate on the most important part of your blog-your content.
When you write great content, you will bring your readers back time and time again. Media.net just adds an income tool that could generate you thousands of dollars so that you are rewarded for your excellent content and hard work.
Media.net is also mobile-friendly, so you know that you are monetizing all your mobile visitors as well who are hungry for your content.
If you are a blogger looking for compelling ways to increase the revenue you make on your blog, this is a good chance to start with Media.net.
How to Join Media.net
If you are interested in learning more or if you are ready to take advantage of Media.net’s huge network of advertisers and start monetizing your blog, sign up here. You can expect to hear from them in a couple of days on whether you’ve been approved to join their platform. So, if you have a bunch of websites, it’s probably best to sign up with the one that has the best quality content and traffic. It may be the first step in creating a solid income for your blog content while opening the door to thousands of advertisers that are ready to advertise on your site.