When you download a video from TikTok, it usually includes a watermark with your username right underneath it, at the top-left corner of the screen.
Its role is to specify the content creator that posted the video so other users can’t repost it on their profiles without attribution.
The problem arises when you want to repurpose the video on your other social media profiles.
A video with the TikTok watermark will look out of place on YouTube Shorts, Instagram, and Facebook.
In this article, I will show you how to remove the TikTok watermark and the flaws that are inherent in each method.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What Is Needed To Remove A TikTok Watermark
- How To Remove TikTok Watermark: Step-By-Step Instructions
- Similar Tutorial Types To Check Out
- Wrapping Up
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the questions people are asking about ways to remove the TikTok watermark on Google:
Can You Save A TikTok Video Without The Watermark?
If you have mastered the basics of TikTok, you will know that you can easily save the original watermark-free video to your divide before uploading it.
What Is The Best Way To Remove A Watermark From A TikTok Video
The best option is to use a watermark removal app.
Unlike online downloaders that can be complicated to use, you only need to paste the video link in the designated field on your app, and it will automatically remove the watermark for you.
What Is Needed To Remove A TikTok Watermark
How To Remove TikTok Watermark: Step-By-Step Instructions
There are three ways to get rid of the watermark, and they are:
- Crop it out with your device’s in-built photo app
- Remove it automatically with a watermark removal app
- Use video editing software to blur or cover the watermark
Method 1: Crop It Out With Your Device’s In-built Photo App
Whether you are using Android or iOS, the most basic method is to crop the watermark out of the video.
The issue with cropping is that it might remove important parts of your clip.
It will also reduce the aspect ratio of your video which could make it fall short of the size specifications required on some social media platforms.
If cropping won’t have any detrimental effect on your video, here is how to go about it on both operating systems.
- Open Google Photos on your device
- Play the downloaded video carrying the watermark
- Select Edit > Crop
- From the crop box, click Free, then use the slider to crop the video as you like
- Click Save copy once you are satisfied to download the modified video to your device.
- Open the clip within the Photos app
- Select Edit > Crop from the top-right corner
- Pinch and zoom to adjust the shape of the video, cropping out the watermark area
- Click Done to download the modified video
Method 2: Remove It Automatically With A Watermark Removal App
These apps let you bypass the watermarking process.
They remove any reason to crop the video or place graphics on the watermark.
I will use the Snaptik app to explain this method. The process is more or less the same on other apps.
- Download Snaptik from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store
- Log into TikTok, find your video, click Share > Copy link
- Open Snaptik, then paste the link under the field labeled “Paste TikTok link here”
- Click any of the download server links to save the video to your device
Method 3: Use Video Editing Software To Blur Or Cover The Watermark
This option is ideal if you need a platform that lets you remove the watermark and also do other editing work on your video.
I will use Kapwing to explain how you can blur the watermark or cover it up with graphics.
You can also crop on the platform if that’s your choice.
To blur the watermark on Kapwing:
- Import the video
- Click Duplicate from the right sidebar to replicate the layer
- Do that three times
- Choose the Crop tool from the sidebar, then use it to select the watermarked area on two of the layers
- Drag the center layer over the watermarks
- Click on one of the layers, then select Adjust > Blur from the sidebar
- Use the slider to add blur to the watermarked area
- Click Done to save the video
To cover the watermark with graphics or text on Kapwing:
- Log into the platform, then upload your video
- On the editor, select Text or Images from the toolbar
- Drag the text box or image to place it over the watermarked area
- You can adjust its size by dragging your mouse
- Since watermarks can show up in multiple places, you must play the video and then stop to add another text box or image when it appears again
- When you are done, click Export Video
Similar Tutorial Types To Check Out
- How To Go Live On Tiktok: this article will show you what you need to put in place before you can access the live button and the options available to you if you can’t meet the requirements.
- How To Delete A TikTok Video: discover reasons why you may want to delete your video and how to go about doing so.
- How To Get More Followers On Instagram: this article will show you how to grow your audience with a proven profile optimization and content strategy.
You have now discovered the various ways you obtain a watermark-free TikTok video, and the best method will be the one that is most convenient for you.
If you know other watermark removal methods, please feel free to share your ideas in the comments section.