I got an email today from SitePoint regarding their popular marketplace. Just like they previously moved their design section to 99Designs.com, they are now moving their website trading section to Flippa.com.
The new marketplace has a few ‘improvements’ :
- Private Sales as an alternative to Auctions
- Customisable categorisation and powerful advanced search
- Automatic email notification of listings matching your search criteria
- More certainty with phone number verification required for everyone
- Site ownership verification required to give you confidence in what you’re buying
- Greater suite of verified site statistics
- View counters on all listings
- New “Just Sold” and “Ending Soon” tabs
- New pricing model
It now costs $19 to list any site and a successful sales tax of 5%. They say this tax is capped at $499 though this is the most you will pay for any site sold over $10,000.
I recommend checking the site out, at least to check out the fake auctions they have set up! 🙂
Flippa Announcement Post