Do you spend a lot of time creating content but still don’t get the traffic you want?
I know how it feels like. It feels really bad.
The thing is, if you want to get more traffic, you need more social shares. And if you want more social shares, you need to promote your blog posts the RIGHT way.
But what is the right way to promote your blog posts? That’s what we’re going to tackle here.
So if you are someone who wants to up your content marketing strategy to get more exposure, this detailed guide is for you. In this guide, you’ll find some of the smartest promotion strategies to get more exposure for your blog posts. Are you ready? Let’s dive in.
10 ways to promote your blog posts to get more traffic and shares
#1. Write click-worthy headlines
8 out of 10 people read headlines before clicking on a link or tweet.
Does your blog post get clicked and read by users? Do you know how important the role played by your blog title is? In the world of content marketing, it is your post headline that acts like a gate pass to your blog.
If you fail in writing click-worthy headlines, what’s the use of writing lengthy content anyway? That’s why you need to be very careful when crafting a headline for your blog post. The effort you put to write interesting and lengthy content should equal the effort you need to put in writing your headline too.
Here are the few tips and techniques that can help you to frame click-worthy headlines.
- It should tell what readers will get. Before you even select an interesting topic, make sure that you can provide a compelling reason for readers to read the post through headline. Check whether the selected topic for post can instil enthusiasm in readers to read or not.
- It should tell for whom the post is. Knowing your readers is very important before choosing your blog niche. Just like that, before choosing a topic to write, make sure that, topic you selected targets a set of audience. It also helps you when you start doing content marketing.
- Add negative words. A study by outbrain says, negative words like “never”, “worst” perform 30% better than positive words like “best”, “always”. For example, instead of saying, “7 best tips you should follow before starting a business” you can say “7 mistakes you should avoid before starting a business”.
- Break the rules. It’s not rocket science. You don’t need to follow grammar and rules while writing headline. Just break it. Keep it casual. After all, customer attraction is what important.
- Keep SEO in mind. While making headline interesting, look at SEO too. SEO, content, title everything has its own role in increasing blog’s traffic and social shares. So, use primary keyword or LSI keyword in title.
- Use numbers in headline. The titles that has numbers perform better. For example, “8 marketing strategies that will blow up your sales in no time” can work like a charm than something like “How to increase your online sales”.
#2. Write your blog posts so engaging that your audience wants to share
Content is king. You may have heard this term a million times and it really is. Any successful blog became successful because of its content. The more value you provide with your content the quicker you build loyal audience.
The blog post you write should give a feeling to readers to engage with you in the comments. To grow your audience, be helpful to them. Help them with great and useful content that solves their problem. This is one of the ways you can build up trust with your readers.
When you connect with your potential readers, you will start seeing CONSISTENT traffic to your blog.
Let me unveil the secrets of how you can write blog posts so engaging that compels your readers to share.
- Write as if you are conversing with your friend. Come on, you can’t connect with a robot. Sound like a human when you write a post. Write as if you are talking with your friend. Don’t show corporate style in your writing.
- Feel free to use friendly approach words. Use words like “you”, “I”. you can start sentences with words like “But”, “And”, “because”. Give pause in the post just like you give pause while speaking to your friend on any topic.
- Ask questions. It’s very common that while we converse with friends, we ask questions that sounds funny as well as serious. Usually when in schools and universities, professors ask students several questions to make them engage in class. It is just like that while writing too and the response you see in comments as well as through social shares.
- Conclude with an inspirational or engaging paragraph. Give a reason to your readers to share and engage. This you can do by writing a motivational statement or asking question at the end of the blog post. The paragraph or the 3 lines you write should wake up your readers to take action. Make sure that you also inspire your readers to implement the tips.
We like to connect with those who listen to us and solve problems. We remember them whole the life. Same way, do that with your content too on the blog post.
#3. Use “click to tweet” while creating content
Twitter has become a blogger’s weapon and you can’t ignore it anymore.
Well, who doesn’t want to grow loyal readership and drive consistent visitors to blog? When you write highly useful and interesting content, you also should give easiness to your readers to share it in social media.
Twitter is one source which can generate more website visitors. How best you can use it to promote your blog posts to skyrocket your traffic and social shares is what matters. Of Course, there are many social media buttons or plugins that you can install and use in your blog to helps readers to share if they liked it. So, when there are that many plugins, you may ask me what so special about using this “click to tweet”
“Click to tweet ”allows you to focus on particular areas in your content.
Once you finish writing blog post, when you start proofreading your post before publishing, look for those areas that you want to highlight it for tweeting.
For example, “This is how I made my first few sales through blogging, Click to tweet”. You can install plugins like Click to tweet to add tweetable quotes within your blog posts.
#4. Share your content across all the social media sites
Social media is the new SEO.
In fact, Google takes social media factors like shares, likes, comments into consideration. Check out the image below to understand the correlation of social media and SEO.
Search engines like Google are giving more and more importance to user interaction metrics like social shares. The more social shares you get the better results you get with your content.
Your content needs more dedication to stand out on the social media. Generally, every blogger is so serious in brainstorming for topic ideas, creating interesting content, SEO practices etc but they don’t promote as much.
What is the use if it doesn’t reach to your audience? How much effort you have kept in creating content, the same effort you should keep in sharing your content across all social media sites.
Here are few tips to follow:
- Optimize your blog post each time you share on social media and for each site.When you are sharing the same content multiple times on several social media sites. Every social network is unique in its own way so adjust accordingly. For example, take the twitter, there is 10 characters restriction whereas in facebook there is no such and users expects more. In Instagram and pinterest, it’s all bout images.
- Never promote the same blog post in the same manner you did previously. Change the strategy with updated content every time. Ask questions, use polls etc.
- Don’t post too many posts on one day. Just imagine if you see too many posts from the same person in your feed. Isn’t it annoying? It looks like a spammer. So, post very few in regular intervals. You can schedule time for publishing using free tools. Once your audience knows your post scheduling, they will check in that time. It builds up certain degree of loyal readership.
- Keep a call-to-action at the end of the post. You can explicitly say to your readers what action you want them to take.
As long as you provide value to your readers, it is okay if you share more than once in the social media.
#5. Promote on blogging forums
One of the effective ways to increase traffic is to use forums for promoting blog posts. But if you use forums in a wrong way, it brings bad reputation to your blog site.You can find the right one by searching “Niche” + “forum”.
While filling user details in forum, use your real name and with your profile photo. Give a link to your website or blog.
Start good topics by regularly visiting the forum. When writing any post in forum, sometimes link to other interesting resources too instead of linking to your blog.
Start a new thread, write summary of your blog post and give link to your blog. You can ask forum audience for review or feedback. Participate in the discussion and engage with the users. You can also use the following forums to promote your content.
- Blog Engage
- Just Retweet
- Warrior Forum
#6. Write guest posts relevant to your content
Guest blogging is NOT dead. It’s still one of the most effective ways to increase your exposure, build links and relationships with other bloggers in your industry.
If you are thinking about ways to increase your brand and build authority in blogging world, then start writing guest posts. Find out right blogs to write guest posts. Guest blogging is the fastest way to build your email list too.
What guest blogging can do?
- Increases your brand name.
- Brings traffic to your blog.
- You can build backlinks to your blog.
Find out opportunities to write guest posts for high authority blogs with these tips.
- Check and list out the blogs related to your niche.You can check it by typing “blog niche” + “submit a guest post”
- Make sure that the blogs you listed out are highly active on social media.
Alternatively, you can sign up in My blog guest community which is especially for guest bloggers. You can create a particular topic and say that you are looking to write a guest post, automatically blog owner will find you.
Start pitching a guest post in the most unique way. Observe what type and level of audience they are looking for, what type of audience, how many number of words per post. Make sure to spend quality time in crafting highly informative guest posts if you want to increase your website traffic and social shares. Without writing quality guest posts, it’s impossible to build blog audience using guest posting.
Before pitching a blog owner with a topic idea, never forget to introduce yourself if you have been blogging already. If you come up with damn interesting topic, then your topic idea will be accepted. So, do good research for ideas before pitching blog owners for guest post. Once accepted, mention top bloggers in your niche in your guest post.
#7. Get influencers to share your stuff
No one succeeds alone whatever the field it is.
Why is that some bloggers posts get shared massively while others posts are not shared. It is because they have influencers who shares their blog post. Did you know that the post shared by one influencer will result in 31.8% more social shares? Influencer marketing clearly gives you the BEST ROI.
How to get influencers who can share your post?
- Offer good content on your influencers website. Write a guest post. Write really amazing content.
- Give free publicity of your influencers posts. Share their content. Remember, what you give that you will get.
- Once you include influencer in any post, make sure that they know about it.
- Leave thoughtful comments on influencers blog. It helps more in engaging with the blog owner.
- Research about which sites, your influencers visit frequently. This you can with the help of Followerwonk tool.
- Do an interview with influencers.
#8. Repurpose your content to get more exposure
One of the blog marketing strategies is to repurpose your content to identify link building opportunities and to extend the reach of your blog.
What is repurposing content means?
It means turning your blog posts into different formats in the form of ebooks, white papers, slideshow, podcasts, videos.
You will get more exposure as you invested good amount of time to write really useful and amazing content that solves the reader’s problems which drives traffic to your blog.
Here are the several ways that you can leverage your blog posts.
- When you write in-depth articles, consider turning them into content upgrades or eBooks and upload them onto free eBook uploading sites to let others download your stuff.
- Re-format for document sharing sites. The one advantage of doing this is you can embed links and images in the documents. Copy your blog post into a word document and add your bio with links and a call-to-action to your blog then convert to PDF. Upload it to doc sharing sites like Scribd, docstoc, Yudu, Docshare etc.
- Turn your posts into podcasts. It’s nothing but recording an audio version of your blog post. You can use Audacity a free recording software for this purpose. You can submit all your podcast files to iTunes. When you record your blog post, make sure that you give an invitation to visit blog along with your name and url of the blog.
#9. Leave “thoughtful comments”
By leaving thoughtful comments on other blogs, your blog will grow magically. A comment can bring you clients, a comment can provide strong connection with a popular blogger, a comment can make you listed as in a post by a famous blogger, a comment can skyrocket your blog traffic, a comment can make your blog success.
Writing comments like “Great post”, “Awesome content”, “very helpful” never help you and your blog in anyway.
- Read the post and leave thoughtful comment.
- Never repeat the same content in the comment.
- It’s okay if you summarize but it should be more than what the post says.
- Use friendly tone in the comment.
- Mention author name in the comment. If you feel you do typo mistakes, then copy the name and post it in the comment.
- Give sincere compliment about post even if its negative. It helps them to do necessary changes in their blog post.
- It serves as an idea generation platform. You get topic ideas to write for your blog.
Blog commenting is no rocket science. Just approach in a friendly way in the comment. Tell them how much you enjoyed their post.
#10. Reach out to other bloggers
A blogger should be highly interactive not with just readers but also with other bloggers. Search for the top bloggers of your niche. A top blog will have more user engagement in the comment section, more social shares, amazing and well-written content, high domain authority and page authority. Make a list of all such top bloggers and start reaching out to them.
There are million of blogs out there so the competition is REALLY huge. So, reaching out to the wrong ones won’t fetch any result and traffic to your blog.
How you can reach out to other bloggers?
- When you write a post in your blog, leave a link to other blogs and let them know about the blog owners about it via email or twitter.
- Share other bloggers posts before you ask someone to share your stuff.
- Comment on other blogs and make sure to build relationships through commenting.
- As I said earlier in the posts, guest posts work like a charm.
Never approach a blogger who doesn’t write about your related topics unless the person specifically leave comment on your blog post. You can use Buzz Sumo tool to find top bloggers in your niche.
Final thoughts about promoting your blog content to boost your traffic
Content is king and promotion is the foundation.
You can’t build a successful blog without increasing its exposure. Before focusing on increasing your sales, focus on how to increase your content’s reach. That’s only possible if you are constantly looking for ways to market your content the right way.
All the strategies mentioned in this detailed post are tried and tested so you can bring more visitors to your sites and boost your online exposure by implementing them.
So what are your thoughts? Do you spend time in blog promotion? What are the other techniques that you use to promote your blog posts? Share your thoughts in the comments.
Successful Blogging: EXPERIENCE and Learn
Do you know how people tell you to live and learn? Not the best advice. EXPERIENCE life and observe your lessons. THEN learn. Successful blogging is observing, learning then moving forward with those lessons firmly impressed on your mind. All that sweet blogging money only appears if you experience blogging by diving in, and blogging every single day for hours daily. After, you need to observe your experience. What did you learn? Take those lessons with you to succeed online. Living is useless unless you learn from experiences. EXPERIENCING blogging and learning from experiences separates successful bloggers from everybody else.
Let me explain…..
Me and my wife house sit in Brooklyn for 3 weeks now. The homeowners have a car. I need to move the car to find a new parking spot once weekly as alternate side of the street parking rules are in effect due to weekly street cleaning. The owners simply told me it’d be easy to find a spot early in the afternoon. Cool. But their advice did nothing to prepare me for the EXPERIENCE of actually trying to start the car, and find a new parking spot. I never used a key-less car before. I had no idea you need to press on the brake while pushing the start button because I had no experience doing so, and the owners did not give me instructions to do this. I know you place a key into ignition and turn it because that is my experience for 30 years as a driver. Anyway, 45 minutes later, I figured how to start the car. But wait! I had a new experience to…..experience. I had lessons to learn. Because after exiting the parking spot, I drove side streets for another 50 minutes before finding a spot. Frustrated and agitated, I learned a valuable lesson *from* my experience; change parking spots from one street side to another immediately after the street sweeper comes through. Cool.
But I had another lesson to learn. Traffic cops give tickets if you park on the alternate side before 1 PM; even if the street cleaner plowed through. Being burned by yesterday, I drove around for 90 minutes today to ensure I’d have an entire city block of open parking to choose from. OK; I also illegally parked on that open block for about 45 of those minutes. Why? Yesterday’s agitating experience told me it’s wiser and less time consuming to circle for 90 minutes to guarantee I get easy parking. Wait! I learned another lesson based on today’s experience. Never leave your parking spot at 11:30 AM when street cleaners move thru because you’ve 90 minutes to kill before legally parking on the alternate side. I asked a traffic cop. He offered the answer. More experience. Next week, I hop in the car only if the alternate side seems to fill up fast but based on prior experience, this only happens at about 12:50 PM, 10 minutes before the expiry time.
Blessed experience wins again. Life-wise. Blogging-wise. Seize it. Capitalize on it. Succeed. Blogging is no spectator sport.
1 Blogging Lesson I Learned from Parking a Car in NYC
Alternate side of the street parking day here in NYC. This means you need to move your car to the other side of the street for street cleaning. Cool. I heard it on the radio many times. First time I had to experience it in person, though. We house sit for a couple in Brooklyn. This couple owns a car. Cool. But the car did not start for a good hour because I did not know one steps on brakes while pressing key-less start buttons. Oh well. But after that, I drove around for 45 minutes looking for a new spot on the other side of the road because you get a nice ticket otherwise. No spots availed themselves for 45 minutes. I spoke to my wife. She told me cars need be parked 15 feet from fire hydrants. I was 5 feet away. Shoot. On returning to the car, a bus moved in front of me. I slid in to a parking spot. Phew. Relief.
What lesson did I learn? No matter how calm you THINK you are, agitation arises in you. Unless you’re enlightened. Alas I am not. I am a regular guy. Calm? Yep. But I routinely find events feeling uncomfortable to navigate. Sometimes, aka rarely, I experience events triggering deeper fears. Today was one such event. I did not flip out, scream, panic or throw a tantrum. I did however feel super agitated about needing to spend almost 2 hours driving around NYC and trying to start a key-less car because 2 hours are precious to me. I hate wasting time. Inefficient actions disgust me. BUT perfect place, perfect time. I needed this experience to trigger fears for feeling, hugging and clearing, to make me even more calm. No matter how much growth and success you experience, leveling up introduces you to new fears. Deeper fears. More unpleasant fears.
With deeper fears comes greater responsibility and even more success. I suspect if I do become a billionaire blogger how I’ll keep nudging into unpleasant-feeling fears along the way. But inspiring millions and making billions? Worth it. I am humble enough to know my calm demeanor a good 95% of the time may-does evolve into agitation some 5% of the time. Maybe less. Progress has been attained. Because I have not genuinely screamed at someone in about 1 year and I have been agitated like today about 5 times over the past year. I am calm most of the time. Agitation arises rarely because I am human and apt to be afraid of stuff. Sue me, LOL.
Be with fears as you grow. Energies arise. Anger. Terror. Horror at the future. Blanket disgust. Never resist these energies. I stumble across non-enlightened folks who hold self to enlightened standards. No way guys. Never be surprised at your getting angry or upset because only enlightened souls and repressed people never anger or feel agitated. Burying fear stifles your growth. Hugging fear accelerates your growth. You know I hug my fears. NYC parking agitation still subsiding now.
5 Greatest Landing Page Optimization Tools For Your Blog
Landing pages can steal people’s attention. And if you play your cards right, these pages hold the ticket to attracting more customers.
However, let’s be clear:
Landing pages are double-edged swords. While they can help you, they can also harm you — unless you’ve optimized them accordingly.
So if you know your landing page needs work, why not get around it?
Well, there are plenty reasons for this, and there are also many landing page plugins that can help to further critique your LPs as well.
As you go through this article, you’ll find five landing page optimization tools for your blog. With them, you can revamp your landing page then have it increase conversions and your blog’s income.
Optimizing landing pages is not possible if you haven’t built them yet. So to construct great landing pages, the tool for you is Unbounce.
And Effin Amazing, a Florida-based agency that specializes in analytics and growth, will tell you all about the tool’s power.
When one of its clients, Chupa Mobile, asked for help generating new leads, Effin Amazing used Unbounce. The team’s idea for its client involved a lead nurturing strategy and a content calendar. That and Effin Amazing wanted to get it done as quickly as possible.
True, it was a rather ambitious plan. However, it was realistic. And get this:
The marketing agency reached its goal. Chupa Mobile was satisfied with its landing page. It also began generating dozens of new leads. Plus, it also walked away with a 44% increase in conversions.
Electronic Arts is a successful media company that knows that Crazy Egg lets you set up an A/B test in minutes. It also knows that the tool features Visitor Insights and Heatmaps. Both of which provide information about user behavior on landing pages. So before launching SimCity 5 in 2013, it set up an A/B testing process to maximize revenue.
For the control version of its landing page, it merely focuses on promoting the simulation game. While on the other version, the company offers a 20% discount.
Here’s the control version of its landing page:
Here’s the variation:
After a while, the media company discovered that its landing page’s variation was a hit. Compared to the version that brings an incentive into the table, the landing page design without a 20% discount performed 43.4% better.
If you combine Google Analytics and Google Adwords, a powerful tool is in your hands. You can use it to track landing page performance to haul in leads even after they exit your site.
To demonstrate the power of Analytics, let’s explore Marketo’s conversion increase that happened after using the tool.
So here’s the story:
As a go-to company for many B2B and B2C folks when it comes to marketing and automation, Marketo’s goal is to help its clients improve conversions. And to reach that goal, the plan was to use Analytics and real-time personalization.
So it took its clients’ website data such as industry vertical and top products. Then it merged all of it with the user behavior data it got from Google Analytics.
Because of what the analytics tool reveals, Marketo provided audiences with relevant data. From what it gathered, it also created topnotch remarketing campaigns. The fruits of the marketing company’s labor? A 10x conversion rate improvement for its clients!
Thrive Architect is a WordPress page builder. And if you’re searching for a tool that can help you create visually impressive, high-converting landing pages, it’s the tool you need.
Take it from Louise Hendon. She is a solopreneur who uses Thrive Architect to whip up topnotch landing pages for Nourishing Brands. That’s why, over the years, she succeeded in building a sizeable six-figure business.
An upside is this:
Thrive Architect features a drag-and-drop interface that lets you build your page quickly. If you want detailed instructions on how to use the page builder, this article from ProfitBlitz will come to your rescue.
Did you know that Refinery29, a globally recognized brand for smart, creative women, uses Pingdom? And because the tool provides insights about how to increase page loading speed, the brand welcomes 36 million monthly visits.
So if your landing page loads slowly, Pingdom can help you. The tool works by taking your site out for a spin and pointing you to the root of the problem.
The excellent news is Pingdom is free and easy-to-use. All you must do is paste your site’s URL where the tool specifies, and you’re good to go.
To see it work in action, let’s check the page loading speed of a random site. For this, let’s go with Goliath National Bank’s website. So let’s paste its URL on the appropriate field and click START TEST.
After the tool is done with the analysis, scroll down the same page to see the results.
And if you scroll down some more, you’ll find suggestions on how to improve page performance. If you want a detailed explanation on how to improve page performance, expand the suggestion.
Put yourself in a potential customer’s shoes and think of a landing page as a gateway to something unknown. Now, if someone herded you toward this gateway, would you want to see what’s on the other side of the fence if the entry point is dreary?
Chances are, you won’t. By the looks of it, choosing to pursue the dark path won’t lead to anywhere promising.
Remember, creating landing pages and creating landing pages that convert are two different things. So as you build your landing pages, make sure to implement nothing but the best landing page optimization practices.
Search Blogging Tips
Blogging3 years ago
6 Steps for How I Nabbed 6500 Comments on My Blog
Blogging1 year ago
113 Bloggers share their Favorite Email Marketing Tools
Reviews3 years ago
LeadNetwork Pays Big Bucks for Payday Loans
Blogging13 years ago
CoComment – The new way to track blog comments
Blogging3 years ago
6 Tools For Boosting Content Marketing Results Over The Holidays
Search Engine Optimisation3 years ago
7 SEO Analysis Tools Every Blogger Needs to Know
Blogging2 years ago
How to Start a Fashion Blog in 8 Simple Steps
Blogging10 years ago
In Search Of A Storytlr Replacement