I am pleased to announce today that with the help of Bloggingtips.com community, Swift Media launched the new-look up-to-the-minute website design which will enable visitors to find the usful information our blog is known for, The website, which can be found at www.swiftmediauk.co.uk/blog/ has been developed by myself, and took just over a week to complete in full.
I took all of the recommendations into consideration from the bloggingtips.com community, and would like to thank all those who left their comments and recommendations, and congratulations to the winners of the competition. A note to the winners, could you please contact me to arrange delivery of your prizes. Out of the 4 winners, i’ve only managed to make contact with one of you, so please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some of the changes made in the new design
- Switched from a 2 column to a 3 column for neater look
- We are now making use of the popular and & recent posts plugin to highlight some of our best content
- We have installed the Do-Follow plugin to reward users for leaving a comment on our posts. This means that when you comment, search engines will recognise your link and give you credit for it in their algorithms.
- Installed MyAvatars plugin which will display an avatar next to your name when leaving comments. This only works if you are a MyBlogLog user and have an avatar uploaded to your account.
- The design as a whole is slightly wider, and has incorporated a ‘web 2.0′ look as this seems to be popular at the moment, and i love the whole web 2.0 look.
I would really appreciate your feedback and what you think about our new design. Are there any areas you think could be further improved? If you spot any errors, please let me know that as well. That web address again, www.swiftmediauk.co.uk/blog/. Many thanks for your time and feedback.