The traditional offline world has celebrities,… the online world has influencers, and the people that change the way we do business and use the internet. Impact Radius recently named the Top 25 Performance Marketing Influencers and created a nice looking infographic, which can be seen at the bottom of the blog.
So what does it take to be a top performance marketing influencer?
Besides having a good grip on how to make money online and having some marketing skills, it also helps to have a blog, a brand and a loyal following on Twitter and Facebook. However, the following may sum it up best…
Impact Radius compiled its list by using a proprietary formula designed to determine blog influence, re-tweet frequency, citations by other influential bloggers and related factors measuring the impact of the top 400 thought leaders. Impact Radius then assigned weights to each factor and ranked the results to create its top 25 list.
Rounding off the top of the list, here are the top 10 peformance marketing infulencers.
Leading the list, the influencers taking the first 10 spots include:
- Brian Clark, www.copyblogger.com, @copyblogger
- Shawn Collins, blog.affiliatetip.com, @affiliatetip
- Jeremy Schoemaker, www.shoemoney.com, @shoemoney
- John Chow, www.johnchow.com, @johnchow
- Brett Tabke, www.pubcon.com, @btabke
- Rae Hoffman-Dolan, www.sugarrae.com, @sugarrae
- Missy Ward, www.missyward.com, @MissyWard
- Peter Bordes, www.mediatrust.com, @mediatrustpete
- Pace Lattin, www.industrypace.com, @pacelattin
- Lynn Terry, www.clicknewz.com, @lynnterry
While I didn’t make the top 10 list, I’m still sitting pretty at #24, which I’m perfectly fine with since I’ve never been the biggest user of social networks and building up my extended followers and fan base.
Congrats to everyone who has made the list, and thanks to Radius Impact for performing the study. For everyone else, hopefully you come across some new people you didn’t know about, and maybe even learn something from their blogs.