What’s the ONE thing that’s extremely important for your website’s success?
Related blog posts and resources:
If you said SEO or website traffic, you’re absolutely right. Website traffic is the currency online. They are so many tactics like white hat SEO and black hat SEO techniques and it’s almost impossible to boost your search traffic without learning few basics.
If you’re not getting enough traffic, you’re not going to build a profitable blog that makes money or sales in the long run. This detailed guide is going to help you in boosting your website traffic where you’ll discover few of the best expert SEO tips.
Are you curious to find them out? Let’s dive into the details.
6 Powerful SEO tips to Boost Your Search Traffic
#1. Long form of content is the future of SEO
Well, everybody wants to read longer messages in a short sentence. But that’s not true in SEO world. You also need to make sure that it ranks well. If you are serious in attracting audience to your site then you should really consider writing long form of content.
What is long form of content?
Long form of content contains the minimum count of 1500 words. Anything less than 1500 words is not said to be long form of content anymore. Try to publish a post of at least 1500 words. But aim to write around 2000 words.
In a research conducted by serpIQ in 2012, it’s revealed that average content length of each top 10 results was more than 2000 words.
The in-depth articles gets the attention of readers as most of the users need information very broadly on any topic.
Make sure you keep these things in mind before writing long form of content:
- Great content is not long form of content. It’s true that long form of content gives more shares, more engagement and higher ranks but that doesn’t mean great content is long form of content. The right content solves readers problem and gives accessible information on any device.
- Perform careful research. A well researched article has more useful information. You need to check facts and statistics before writing a post.
- Never brag. Just to fill 1500 words, never brag or fill the content with unnecessary stuff. The definition of Long form of content varies based on your niche. If writing 1500 words is bragging in your niche then don’t write. Remember, your content should instil enthusiasm and interest among while reading.
- Write content as if you are telling to a friend. How you chat with your college buddies, the same way write the content. Don’t give lectures. The more friendly tone you use, more people are likely to engage.
How to create long form of content?
- Know why you want to write long form of content. Figure out why do you want to write and for whom the content is
- Gated Content or non-gated content. There are two types of content, gated and ungated. Gated content means the readers have to submit their email address in order to download an ebook whereas non-gated content means they can get it freely. So what type of content you want to write? If you want long-term relationships with your readers then it’s recommended to go for non-gated content.
- Choose the topic carefully. Analyze what kind of topics will reach your audience.Think about, keywords and search queries, competitors.
- Better design. Design is the new king. You need to make it easy for the people to get more of your content.
- Create a promotion strategy. Well, who doesn’t like if their content goes viral. How much effort you have kept for writing content, the same effort keep on promoting content too. Start promoting your content.
#2. Avoid keyword cannibalization
Without proper keywords, the content is mere waste but if you use those keywords repetitively in all of your pages then it becomes duplicate content. In a nutshell, keyword cannibalization occurs when multiple subpages are targeting the same keyword.
By using same keyword in all of your pages, no page will be relevant enough to rank high for that keyword.
So, how to avoid keyword cannibalization.
- Focus on specific keywords. For each page, set different keywords. Write the content related to the topic and use keywords in alt text for images, title tag, headings. Open a spreadsheet and list every page of your website.Make a note of focus keyword that you have used against each page. When you check the keyword column in your spreadsheet, there should not be any doubling of the same keywords.
- Create unique meta description Usually homepages and category pages have the broad competitive keywords. Create unique meta tag titles and descriptions for your pages.
- Use anchor texts. If you want to use keywords across your website then make use of anchor texts. Give internal links from one page of your site to another. Search engine gets clarity about the pages if you use keyword-rich anchor text in your internal links. Remember, never ever internally link your target keyword for one page to another page on your blog.
- Make the best use of 301 redirects. The code 301 says that page has moved permanently to a new location. If you see keyword cannibalization then use 301 redirects to ensure that all those cannibalizing pages lead to single authority version. To ensure that users and search engine are directed to correct page, change the URL of the page as it is shown in search engine results.
Define your goal of a specific piece of content before you even create it. It needs tremendous dedication if you want your site to have high SERP ranking. Make consistent effort for better results.
#3. Improve your page load speed
Have you ever checked how long does your website takes to load?
If you website takes more than 3 seconds to load well no one will ever visit your blog. It is the best time if site loads within 2 seconds. With the help of BItcatcha speed checker, you can check your website load speed.
Why website load speed is important and why to improve it?
- It gives strong first impression. If your website loads fast, it gives strong first impression to your readers and website visitors. We usually consider the fast loading websites to be reliable and professional. Because, we relate website loading speed to efficiency and trust. You know, 79% of online shoppers won’t go back to the website that has slow load speed time. So, it affects user experience a lot if not improved.
- User experience. Website load speed must be your number one priority. A good UX design gives fantastic experience to your visitors and a slow website frustrates the visitor. Here are the hard facts, 85% of internet users expects a mobile site to load as fast as on desktop and 40% of users abandons site if it takes more than 3 seconds to load.
- It affects your conversions. Let’s say 1,00,000 people visit your site every month. If your website load speed time slowed down to 4 seconds, then you will lose 40,000 visitors. In a test done by Amazon, it revealed that they would lose $1.6 billion every year if their website load speed time slowed down to just 1 second.
- Affects your Google rank. They are continuously striving hard to make the web really fast. While ranking websites, Google takes website load speed into account. If your server is slower than 2 seconds, Google will reduce the amount of crawlers it sends to your site. It clearly states that Google pick up your latest blog post or any recent updates.
If you don’t consider improving your website load speed, it affects search ranking, user experience, sales and conversions also leads to instant drop-off visitors.
#4. Social media shares affect your SEO
Your presence on social networking sites has a great impact on your site rank and higher rankings are correlated with Facebook, Google plus, Pinterest and Linkedin shares altogether.
In SEO world, shares, comments and likes have great impact on your site rank. If you are not in top 10 results, there are very less chances that user finds your page by performing a search as there is lot of difference in being on the first page and on second page.
Google doesn’t use social share counts DIRECTLY in its algorithm but there is a strong connection.
So, one should be active on social media not for ranking but to build brand authority and to drive qualified traffic.
#5. Get access to the right tools
The right tools increases productivity and helps in tripling your website traffic even faster. Here are a few SEO tools that every blogger should use to increase their search traffic.
#1. WordPress SEO by Yoast: WIth Yoast SEO, you can write better content. You can also see the performance of your post or page in search results. The Yoast SEO plugin helps in increasing rankings and click through rate for organic search results.
It’s page analysis functionality checks simple things that are often ignored. If you have any images in your post, it checks whether you kept focus keyword in alt text or not. It checks whether your meta description contains focus keyword or not. Whether you used any sub headings in your post etc..
It reminds you to use good permalinks, automatically inserts meta tags and link elements that Google loves. You can also control which pages Google shows in its search results and which pages it doesn’t show. It will index all of your web pages in search engine. This plugin automatically creates XML sitemaps and notifies Google and Bing about sitemaps’ existence.
Overall, wordpress Yoast SEO plugin makes sure that search engines loves your content.
#2. SEMrush: It’s an all-in-one marketing toolkit for digital marketing professionals. It gives ideas for gaining more organic traffic and also complete backlink audit and analysis. You can check how your competitors are performing and what backlinks that have and how you can get those backlinks to your site what’s not everything that a digital marketing professional needs.
#3. Keyword Planner: It helps in building new search network campaign. You can get lot many keyword ideas. It shows what keyword performs better based on its historical statistics.
#6. Conduct a thorough site audit
Are you struggling to increase your traffic from search engines even after posting great content?
Well, your site might have some serious SEO related issues. You can increase your search traffic only after fixing them.
That’s the reason why you should do regular site audits.
Here are the tools that helps you in doing website auditing.
#1. Screaming Frog: Wanna have a detailed analysis about your website at once? Here is an awesome desktop program. It crawls your website and provides you lot of useful insights and also displays if any SEO problems your site ha
It’s a complete site auditing tool that reports on more than 30 parameters namely, anchor texts, security, meta description, response time, outlinks etc.. It can crawl up to 500 URLs for free.
#2. Seoptimer: This free auditing tools report any kind of critical errors in seconds and also recommends what you should do to improve search rankings.
In order to work through your website pages one by one, you can download the Google chrome extension for better site auditing analysis and make crucial changes. Once you are done auditing your site, you can save a free report in PDF format.
These tools will help in your marketing campaign and shows new possibilities for your website and also helps in standing well against your competitors.
Over to you
So there you go! Increasing your website’s traffic is easy when you know few SEO techniques.
Make sure to implement the SEO tips mentioned on this guide one by one to see some good results. Do you have any questions? Do let me know in the comments.
Top the Charts! 5 Must-Know SEO Solutions to Promote Your Managed IT Service
According to Internet Live Stats, Google processes over 40,000 search queries every second. That’s 3.5 billion searches a day.
Related blog posts and resources:
When someone searches for your managed IT service, you have the opportunity to attract them straight towards your website.
All you need is search engine optimization or SEO!
Here are five SEO solutions that can help drive traffic to your website. With these techniques, you can attract new customers and grow your business!
Let’s get optimizing.
1. Topics & Keywords
An effective SEO strategy starts with a list of keywords. These keywords reflect the content your customers are searching for online. Using these keywords, you can create content that matches their search intent.
To start, you can use tools like Google Keyword Planner and Google Trends. These tools will show you the popularity of each keyword.
Once you have this list, you can create pillars and clusters. Pillars give your website visitors the main page of collective content. Then, the clusters break this content into sub-topics with specified information.
This strategy can help boost your SEO plan and attract people to your Managed IT Services.
That way, you’re attracting new website visitors while providing them with an easy, efficient user experience, too.
2. On-Site SEO
Your website needs optimization as a whole as well as on a page-based level. To start, make sure your website’s content hierarchy is well-structured.
Then, there are a number of areas that require review to ensure these SEO solutions work.
Once you’ve studied your target audience to determine your keywords, you also need:
- Descriptive URLs
- Keyword-optimized page titles
- Compelling meta descriptions
- Content optimization (includes keyword placement in headers, body text, etc.)
- Good user experience
- Structured data markup
- Effective call-to-action language
As part of your overall SEO strategy, on-page SEO is an important component of attracting visitors.
3. Off-Site SEO
An off-site SEO strategy includes local SEO. This strategy helps you attract local customers to your website and business.
To start, make sure your listings are updated with the correct content information.
This includes your Google My Business listing as well.
4. Technical SEO
Technical SEO ensures search engines can find your content. These areas include:
- Website speed
Technical SEO solutions are essential for success. Otherwise, how will customers find your website?
According to Fit Small Business, search is the number one driver of traffic to content sites. In fact, it beats social media by over 300 percent.
Your content should consider customer search intent. That way, you’re giving visitors content that answers their questions. This can include service content, credibility content, and marketing content.
This content should also add value to your business.
Consider writing blog posts or white papers. You can also post videos or add testimonials to your website.
That way, your SEO content shows visitors you’re a valuable resource.
Bring It in: 5 Must-Have SEO Solutions
With these five must-have SEO solutions, you can attract new visitors to your website. The right techniques will then turn these visitors into leads, then leads into paying customers!
That way, your company grows, one SEO strategy at a time.
Check out our latest posts for more effective tips and tricks!
SEO 101: The Essential SEO FAQ for Bloggers
I don’t provide SEO services and I am self-taught – which hardly makes an expert. But I’ve been blogging for a lifetime and for all these years I’ve been reading about and implementing SEO practices – which means I know more than an average blogger.
Related blog posts and resources:
With that said, I’ve decided to put together this SEO FAQ for those who want to quickly understand the concept without going too indepth:
What is SEO?
Simply put, SEO is about making a website easy for search engines to discover, go through and understand.
- creating content (based on search engine users’ needs),
- making your content “link-worthy” (i.e. attract backlinks),
- using HTML and structured data to make content easier to understand for the machine, etc.
SEO is NOT trying to “fake” any of positive signals search engines use to rank web pages. Search engine friendliness should be authentic and SEO professionals should work together with website owners to achieve that.
Do Bloggers Need to Know SEO?
SEO aims at helping a page rank on top of organic search results, and search engines are known to bring the most qualified leads (people turn to Google when they know what they want).
No traffic source is as effective as search traffic. Unlike driving clicks with ads (PPC), organic search is NOT interrupting user’s surfing the web. Instead, it serves them content exactly when they ask
This makes SEO one of the most important digital marketing channels. It can drive highly targeted traffic and pre-qualified leads to your site on a continuous basis (no need to keep investing in ads)
How Has SEO changed over the years?
SEO is maturing fast and it has been exciting to watch. The biggest driving force behind this evolution is Google that has been working hard on their search algorithm to understand natural language and search intent, as well as penalizing any manipulating tactics.
The result: SEO has become more integrated into other marketing channels. Furthermore, SEO is more about focusing on long-term goals rather than quick traffic gains
If ten years ago SEO was all about creating fake signals (keyword stuffing, link buying, etc.), these days it’s all about creating linkable assets that rank and engage potential customers.
Can SEO Be Handled “At Home”?
WordPress bloggers generally don’t have to worry about getting SEO help. WordPress is pretty well set up and there’s a variety of free plugins to help.
Here’s a detailed guide to get yourself educated: Google SEO: Should it be your only priority?
What is The Most Important SEO Element?
Content… by far! Content is the foundation of any SEO strategy. Content ranks, attracts links, spreads, engages customers and turns them into believers.
Content is not just an article or a blog post. By content I mean any kind of text you put on your site, from a landing page copy to your “About us” page or a product description.
Many businesses jump into digital marketing without willing to invest in content, and this strategy is doomed to failure. Building on-site content should be everyone’s SEO priority.
Text Optimizer is a great tool that helps you create better content by providing you with the mindmap of associated concepts and questions. It uses semantic analysis to process Google’s search snippets and break any keyword into subtopics.
While it’s primarily search intent optimization tool, it’s also helpful for overall content research showing which topics to cover and how to structure your article.
You can read my own Text Optimizer case study here.
What Are the Most Dangerous SEO Myths?
- Keyword density… This is one of the most persistent SEO myths out there. Why I dislike it so much is because it fills the web with trash content. Keyword-density focused strategy spoils the brand image and creates lots of problems which take lots of time to fix.
- On-page SEO alone will get you to #1. There are so many SEO agencies there that are happy to keep “optimizing” your website but rankings won’t come. The reality, you still need outbound tactics to gain backlinks and external visibility (branding) to achieve higher rankings
- SEO is dying… SEO death has been predicted for years now. These days with Google’s new SERPs features that aim at keeping the user using Google, and the fast growth of voice search, SEO is predicted to die soon again
The truth is, SEO is full of ingenuous tools and people. It is evolving together with search engines and it will survive Google’s death one day.
What’s the Best SEO Advice You’ve Received?
There’s a real human being behind each query.
Really if you stop thinking of keywords as “word strings to optimize for” and start seeing them as a real person’s question, SEO becomes much clearer (and more fun).
This mindset helps build more helpful content, optimize for search intent better (why would anyone type this into the search box? What are they willing to do once they find the answer?)
On top of that, by looking at keyword research as something that helps you serve your customer will help you understand your audience better and come up with better products and offers, on a higher-level.
Answer The Public is a nice free tool that turns keyword research into question research helping you to clearer see your readers’ struggles behind their search queries.
On top of that, the tool also mind-maps the retrieved keywords / questions helping you in brainstorming.
Where Does a Blogger Start with SEO?
As stated above, there’s not much a blogger can do to start with SEO except for creating useful original content.
Here’s also a nice clutter-free introduction into SEO: SEO Basics: Complete Beginner’s Guide to Search Engine Optimization . Here’s a much easier guide but also one that lists the most essential step: 3 Basic Steps to Making Your New Blog SEO-Friendly. Here’s also a helpful writing checklist that will help you handle the basics:
As you may have noticed, I am not listing a ton of tools here as I don’t want this guide to overwhelm the reader. Those mentioned are a good start!
Top 5 Best SEO Practices to Dominate Google Search Results In 2019
Who doesn’t want to dominate Google? We all love first page rankings, right?
Related blog posts and resources:
But there’s one thing about dominating Google search results: SEO.
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is almost a rocket science for most bloggers. The good thing is, you don’t have to be an expert at SEO to be able to generate first page rankings to your site.
Just learn and implement “few” most important SEO techniques and you’ll be way ahead of your competitors in search results. If you’re looking to improve your search traffic, here are a few of the best SEO practices you can implement in 2019.
5 Best SEO Practices for Bloggers To Dominate Google
1. Perform in-depth keyword research
If you don’t understand keyword research, you’re missing out on huge amount of traffic and sales from search engines.
Keyword research is all about finding “low competitive yet profitable keywords” so that you can create highly informative content (by keeping your target keywords in mind) to your audience.
Here’s the key to successful keyword research: “find low competitive keywords”.
It doesn’t matter what niche you are in, if you’re going after high competitive keywords, you’re not going to get any traffic from search (especially if you’ve a new website). So the key here is to find long tail keywords which have less monthly searches.
Quick note: Always have access to SEO tools like SEMrush if you want to find highly profitable yet low competitive keywords.
If you’ve a fairly new blog or website, I highly recommend you to go for those keywords which have less than 500 monthly searches. Why?
Low competitive keywords are easier to rank for. You can get first page rankings by creating informative content (you’ll get great results even without building too many backlinks).
That being said, here are a few helpful keyword research tools you can use in 2019.
While doing keyword research, target long tail keywords.
Long tail keywords usually contain 4 or more keywords and they are easier to rank in Google search.
For instance, you can get better rankings for long tail keyword phrases like “best fitness apps for Yoga teachers” instead of targeting short tail keywords like “best fitness apps”.
So that’s how you can perform long tail keyword research to dominate Google search in 2019 and beyond.
2. Content creation and optimization is essential
Content is really the king. No matter what niche you are in, if your content is mediocre, it will not perform well in the search engines. That said, here are few incredible tips to create exceptional content that performs well in search engines.
Understand your target audience: This is the first step to creating great content. The better you understand your audience, the easier it is for you to create “high converting content”. Make sure to find their wants and needs. Make a list of all the questions they might have by browsing through platforms like Quora or taking surveys.
Create in-depth content: If you want to dominate Google search results with your content, make it extremely detailed. According to many researches, it’s proven that in-depth content (which contains over 2000 words) performs really well in search results.
In fact, we’ve been creating long form of articles for more than 4 years now at Bloggers Passion and the results are amazing both in terms of search traffic and sales.
Use platforms like Quora: Q & A platforms like Quora help you find out what your target audience truly wants. You can follow all the topics that you blog about, find all the questions and start creating content around the topics that you’re interested in.
Last but not least, properly optimize your content for search engines which we’re going to discuss now.
When it comes to content optimization, the following factors play a crucial role.
- Page title
- Meta description
- Heading tags (h1, h2, h3, h4, etc.)
- Image optimization
- Internal links
If you’re using WordPress, I recommend you to check out the following 2 plugins (both are great) for content optimization.
WordPress SEO by Yoast: This is the most downloaded SEO plugin in WordPress history with over 20 million downloads worldwide. It helps you easily optimize all your contents (including posts and pages) for your primary keywords. From page titles to meta description to image optimization, you can do everything using this plugin.
SEO By Rank Math: This plugin is getting a lot of positive buzz and it’s considered as the best alternative to SEO by Yoast. In fact, it offers all the premium features of plugins like Yoast where you can optimize your posts for 5 focus keywords per post. Not only that, it also lets you track your keyword positions in Google and offers a wide range of other helpful features to optimize your contents like a pro.
3. Make sure your website ticks all the boxes
Here are few things that your website must have for better performance in search.
- SSL integration
- Mobile-friendly design
- Faster website loading times
Now, let’s talk about the above most important things to make your website great for both search engines and users.
SSL integration: Google considers https as a ranking signal, which means, Google is giving weightage to websites on https version. To get https version, you need SSL integration. SSL stands for Secure Socket Layer which makes your site go from http to https and it’s a secured protocol which is used to establish a secure connection between server and client.
If you’re using hosts like Bluehost, WPX hosting etc, you’ll get SSL integration at free of cost (all you need to do is to turn on SSL to make your site https). Otherwise, you can free SSL integrations from sites like Cloudflare.
Super fast page loading times: If your site takes more than 3 to 4 seconds to load, your website visitors will most probably abandon your site. Your website speed is so much important not only for your users but also for improving your search rankings.
Did you know that Google takes page loading times into consideration while ranking web pages? Yes, that’s true. Here are few quick tips to have a faster loading website.
- Move to a faster web host (at Bloggers Passion, we’re using WPX hosting and it’s really faster when compared to any other web hosting companies)
- Use less plugins
- Optimize your image size before you even upload them on to your dashboard
- Leverage browser caching
- Enable GZip compression (Gzip is a file format that essentially locates strings of similar code in your text files and then temporarily replaces them to make the files smaller which helps in faster loading times)
- Minimize your redirects
Mobile responsive design: Is your blog mobile-friendly? If not, you’re missing a lot of traffic and sales on the table which can be beneficial to your competitors. So why leave your traffic and sales to them?
If you’re on WordPress, you can simply install a plugin like WP Touch or buy a premium responsive WordPress theme. Problem solved!
4. Research your competitors
If you see your competition as an opportunity, you’ll thrive online but if you see it as a threat, you’ll fail in the long run.
Do you know who your competitors are? Do you know who you are competing against? By knowing and carefully analysing your competition, you can learn so much.
Here are a few things to analyse while researching your competitors.
- Find out their top performing blog posts (which are bringing them the most traffic)
- Find out their top “income generating” pages (so you’ll have a better idea about what type of products to promote)
- Analyse your competitors website traffic (along with their traffic sources)
- Research your competitors backlink sources (so you can find link building opportunities to improve your own site’s backlink profile)
In a nutshell, the fastest way to your website’s success is to make a list of 10 to 15 competitors, find all their top performing pages along with their backlink sources and try to get links from those sites using various link building strategies.
5. Link building is the key
It doesn’t matter how great your content is, if it’s not attracting any links or you’re not building back link to your content, it’s not going to rank in the first page.
The sooner you realise the importance of link building, the faster you’ll start generating better results from SEO. It’s as simple as that. That being said, there are various ways to build quality backlinks to your site but the following strategies work like a charm in every industry.
- Roundup links
- Guest posting
- Build relationships
Let’s briefly talk about each one of them now.
Guest posting: Guest posting is the evergreen strategy to build links from relevant blogs in your industry. You don’t always have to aim for authority sites for guest posting as publishing and high quality, relevant and small blogs can also work like a charm.
Just make sure to write high quality guest posts so you can improve your authority as a blogger apart from getting relevant links to your site.
Roundups links: One of the easiest ways to build quality and highly relevant links to your site is to find and participate in roundup posts. There are a ton of bloggers (especially new bloggers) from all kinds of niches publish roundups on a regular basis.
You just need to be active on social media or use search strings on Google like “expert roundups + [your topic]” to find such sites. Make friends with them by sharing their stuff, commenting on their posts. That’s how you can get into their radar to start participating in their roundup posts.
Link building by building relationships: Networking and building relationships with other bloggers is often the most underrated strategy to build links. Make sure to focus on helping people instead of solely focusing on getting links and that’s the secret to successful networking.
We’re currently building a Facebook group where we share mostly blogging and SEO related stuff. The whole purpose of the group is to help beginners to build a money making blog and to connect with other bloggers in our industry. The best part is that, there are so many bloggers who interviewed me (by linking to my posts) and they mostly came from the Facebook group.
That’s the power of networking. So go and start networking with other bloggers using email, blogs and social media sites.Final thoughts on the best SEO practices to use in 2019
Practicing the best SEO strategies is the key to long term SEO success. Don’t look for shortcuts as increasing your organic traffic takes time.
Focus on learning and implementing just 2 to 3 evergreen SEO best practices and you’ll be way ahead of your competitors. Just be consistent and regularly create content that adds value to your target audience.
Let me know if you’ve any questions in the comments.
Search Blogging Tips
Blogging2 years ago
6 Steps for How I Nabbed 6500 Comments on My Blog
Blogging10 months ago
113 Bloggers share their Favorite Email Marketing Tools
Blogging12 years ago
CoComment – The new way to track blog comments
Blogging3 years ago
6 Tools For Boosting Content Marketing Results Over The Holidays
Search Engine Optimisation3 years ago
7 SEO Analysis Tools Every Blogger Needs to Know
Blogging2 years ago
How to Start a Fashion Blog in 8 Simple Steps
Blogging2 years ago
How to Become a Nimble Blogger
Blogging2 years ago
57 Must-Read Books For Entrepreneurs Recommended by Entrepreneurs