What’s the ONE thing that’s extremely important for your website’s success?
If you said SEO or website traffic, you’re absolutely right. Website traffic is the currency online. They are so many tactics like white hat SEO and black hat SEO techniques and it’s almost impossible to boost your search traffic without learning few basics.
If you’re not getting enough traffic, you’re not going to build a profitable blog that makes money or sales in the long run. This detailed guide is going to help you in boosting your website traffic where you’ll discover few of the best expert SEO tips.
Are you curious to find them out? Let’s dive into the details.
6 Powerful SEO tips to Boost Your Search Traffic
#1. Long form of content is the future of SEO
Well, everybody wants to read longer messages in a short sentence. But that’s not true in SEO world. You also need to make sure that it ranks well. If you are serious in attracting audience to your site then you should really consider writing long form of content.
What is long form of content?
Long form of content contains the minimum count of 1500 words. Anything less than 1500 words is not said to be long form of content anymore. Try to publish a post of at least 1500 words. But aim to write around 2000 words.
In a research conducted by serpIQ in 2012, it’s revealed that average content length of each top 10 results was more than 2000 words.
The in-depth articles gets the attention of readers as most of the users need information very broadly on any topic.
Make sure you keep these things in mind before writing long form of content:
- Great content is not long form of content. It’s true that long form of content gives more shares, more engagement and higher ranks but that doesn’t mean great content is long form of content. The right content solves readers problem and gives accessible information on any device.
- Perform careful research. A well researched article has more useful information. You need to check facts and statistics before writing a post.
- Never brag. Just to fill 1500 words, never brag or fill the content with unnecessary stuff. The definition of Long form of content varies based on your niche. If writing 1500 words is bragging in your niche then don’t write. Remember, your content should instil enthusiasm and interest among while reading.
- Write content as if you are telling to a friend. How you chat with your college buddies, the same way write the content. Don’t give lectures. The more friendly tone you use, more people are likely to engage.
How to create long form of content?
- Know why you want to write long form of content. Figure out why do you want to write and for whom the content is
- Gated Content or non-gated content. There are two types of content, gated and ungated. Gated content means the readers have to submit their email address in order to download an ebook whereas non-gated content means they can get it freely. So what type of content you want to write? If you want long-term relationships with your readers then it’s recommended to go for non-gated content.
- Choose the topic carefully. Analyze what kind of topics will reach your audience.Think about, keywords and search queries, competitors.
- Better design. Design is the new king. You need to make it easy for the people to get more of your content.
- Create a promotion strategy. Well, who doesn’t like if their content goes viral. How much effort you have kept for writing content, the same effort keep on promoting content too. Start promoting your content.
#2. Avoid keyword cannibalization
Without proper keywords, the content is mere waste but if you use those keywords repetitively in all of your pages then it becomes duplicate content. In a nutshell, keyword cannibalization occurs when multiple subpages are targeting the same keyword.
By using same keyword in all of your pages, no page will be relevant enough to rank high for that keyword.
So, how to avoid keyword cannibalization.
- Focus on specific keywords. For each page, set different keywords. Write the content related to the topic and use keywords in alt text for images, title tag, headings. Open a spreadsheet and list every page of your website.Make a note of focus keyword that you have used against each page. When you check the keyword column in your spreadsheet, there should not be any doubling of the same keywords.
- Create unique meta description Usually homepages and category pages have the broad competitive keywords. Create unique meta tag titles and descriptions for your pages.
- Use anchor texts. If you want to use keywords across your website then make use of anchor texts. Give internal links from one page of your site to another. Search engine gets clarity about the pages if you use keyword-rich anchor text in your internal links. Remember, never ever internally link your target keyword for one page to another page on your blog.
- Make the best use of 301 redirects. The code 301 says that page has moved permanently to a new location. If you see keyword cannibalization then use 301 redirects to ensure that all those cannibalizing pages lead to single authority version. To ensure that users and search engine are directed to correct page, change the URL of the page as it is shown in search engine results.
Define your goal of a specific piece of content before you even create it. It needs tremendous dedication if you want your site to have high SERP ranking. Make consistent effort for better results.
#3. Improve your page load speed
Have you ever checked how long does your website takes to load?
If you website takes more than 3 seconds to load well no one will ever visit your blog. It is the best time if site loads within 2 seconds. With the help of BItcatcha speed checker, you can check your website load speed.
Why website load speed is important and why to improve it?
- It gives strong first impression. If your website loads fast, it gives strong first impression to your readers and website visitors. We usually consider the fast loading websites to be reliable and professional. Because, we relate website loading speed to efficiency and trust. You know, 79% of online shoppers won’t go back to the website that has slow load speed time. So, it affects user experience a lot if not improved.
- User experience. Website load speed must be your number one priority. A good UX design gives fantastic experience to your visitors and a slow website frustrates the visitor. Here are the hard facts, 85% of internet users expects a mobile site to load as fast as on desktop and 40% of users abandons site if it takes more than 3 seconds to load.
- It affects your conversions. Let’s say 1,00,000 people visit your site every month. If your website load speed time slowed down to 4 seconds, then you will lose 40,000 visitors. In a test done by Amazon, it revealed that they would lose $1.6 billion every year if their website load speed time slowed down to just 1 second.
- Affects your Google rank. They are continuously striving hard to make the web really fast. While ranking websites, Google takes website load speed into account. If your server is slower than 2 seconds, Google will reduce the amount of crawlers it sends to your site. It clearly states that Google pick up your latest blog post or any recent updates.
If you don’t consider improving your website load speed, it affects search ranking, user experience, sales and conversions also leads to instant drop-off visitors.
#4. Social media shares affect your SEO
Your presence on social networking sites has a great impact on your site rank and higher rankings are correlated with Facebook, Google plus, Pinterest and Linkedin shares altogether.
In SEO world, shares, comments and likes have great impact on your site rank. If you are not in top 10 results, there are very less chances that user finds your page by performing a search as there is lot of difference in being on the first page and on second page.
Google doesn’t use social share counts DIRECTLY in its algorithm but there is a strong connection.
So, one should be active on social media not for ranking but to build brand authority and to drive qualified traffic.
#5. Get access to the right tools
The right tools increases productivity and helps in tripling your website traffic even faster. Here are a few SEO tools that every blogger should use to increase their search traffic.
#1. WordPress SEO by Yoast: WIth Yoast SEO, you can write better content. You can also see the performance of your post or page in search results. The Yoast SEO plugin helps in increasing rankings and click through rate for organic search results.
It’s page analysis functionality checks simple things that are often ignored. If you have any images in your post, it checks whether you kept focus keyword in alt text or not. It checks whether your meta description contains focus keyword or not. Whether you used any sub headings in your post etc..
It reminds you to use good permalinks, automatically inserts meta tags and link elements that Google loves. You can also control which pages Google shows in its search results and which pages it doesn’t show. It will index all of your web pages in search engine. This plugin automatically creates XML sitemaps and notifies Google and Bing about sitemaps’ existence.
Overall, wordpress Yoast SEO plugin makes sure that search engines loves your content.
#2. SEMrush: It’s an all-in-one marketing toolkit for digital marketing professionals. It gives ideas for gaining more organic traffic and also complete backlink audit and analysis. You can check how your competitors are performing and what backlinks that have and how you can get those backlinks to your site what’s not everything that a digital marketing professional needs.
#3. Keyword Planner: It helps in building new search network campaign. You can get lot many keyword ideas. It shows what keyword performs better based on its historical statistics.
#6. Conduct a thorough site audit
Are you struggling to increase your traffic from search engines even after posting great content?
Well, your site might have some serious SEO related issues. You can increase your search traffic only after fixing them.
That’s the reason why you should do regular site audits.
Here are the tools that helps you in doing website auditing.
#1. Screaming Frog: Wanna have a detailed analysis about your website at once? Here is an awesome desktop program. It crawls your website and provides you lot of useful insights and also displays if any SEO problems your site ha
It’s a complete site auditing tool that reports on more than 30 parameters namely, anchor texts, security, meta description, response time, outlinks etc.. It can crawl up to 500 URLs for free.
#2. Seoptimer: This free auditing tools report any kind of critical errors in seconds and also recommends what you should do to improve search rankings.
In order to work through your website pages one by one, you can download the Google chrome extension for better site auditing analysis and make crucial changes. Once you are done auditing your site, you can save a free report in PDF format.
These tools will help in your marketing campaign and shows new possibilities for your website and also helps in standing well against your competitors.
Over to you
So there you go! Increasing your website’s traffic is easy when you know few SEO techniques.
Make sure to implement the SEO tips mentioned on this guide one by one to see some good results. Do you have any questions? Do let me know in the comments.