With so many websites and blogs on the internet today, it’s likely that you will come across various businesses and brands that have old sites and content online. Unfortunately, with web hosting costs being so cheap these days, many site owners will leave old content up and just forget it even exists. This can lead to poor customer engagement, low quality in branding and also just a lot more junk cluttering up the internet.
Such website owners that are ignorant about the importance of content and are far away from experiencing the reality “Content is King” oftentimes fail to yield the benefits of blogging. But not all of them are ignorant.
Next question is whether or not you must host the blog on your very business website?
In this write-up, let us discuss why doing so is the best option you can avail and how it benefits your online business too. So, delve deeper into the subject.
What difference does it make to have a blog and not have one?
Experts have stated and many business owners have also experienced firsthand that online business benefited immensely from blogging while the ones that did not opt for this marketing tool were left behind in the rat race.
The successful businesses have the following characteristic features that make them enjoy an edge over their counterparts or competitors. These aspects are as follows-
- These businesses invest hugely in content strategies, experimenting throughout with ideas and tools for the best outcome.
- They regularly update content
- Do not use black hat SEO strategies. Instead bank heavily upon White Hat SEO strategies since they target audiences (prospective clients) for the long term so that they are able to retain their existing clients as well as convert visitors into prospective leads.
- Develop content that is mobile indexed too. In other words, the content that they develop also caters to the mobile-friendly audience.
- Select topics (sub topics) after careful analysis and research pertaining to the type of business they offer.
- Most importantly, the content developer is able to identify its target audience, which is one of the prerequisites because unless you identify your audience, you will not know for whom you are writing.
- The content is relevant, crisp, to the point, and useful and informative. Most importantly, it adds value to the reader’s knowledge.
Such is the blogging technique of the businesses that have yielded benefits from blogging on their business websites.
The fact that these days, blogging has become easier due to the presence of apps has allowed many to turn bloggers. Also, you can exploit or tap the potential of many CMS or Content Management Systems that are user-friendly and easy to use.
Just as investment apps allow you to explore options in investing, similarly, writing apps allow you to explore your options as far as blogging is concerned. So, it will not be wrong to say investment and writing apps have made life much easier for all.
What are the benefits of blogging?
The benefits are many and these can be summarized in short as follows-
- Increases visibility
Many experts are of the opinion that “blogging is like fishing”. Through blogging, you can lure your visitors and make them return to your website again and again. More digital footfall means your website gains visibility.
- Brand promotion
With the help of your blog, you can promote your brand virtually. Once your brand becomes popular, you will not have to exert much for your brand to be known. Eventually, you will get more web traffic by default.
- Social media visibility
These days every website debuts on social media platforms. Through this media, you are in a better position to reach out to your clients and connect with them.
Basically, there are 3 Ps that will determine your success online and these include Patience, Perseverance, and Promoting policies. It’s up to you to decide which of the three you focus your efforts on — though it should be your personal and business mission to go after all three.