What is ChatGPT? It is a question floating around the world with vehement fervor.
From corporate companies to oil giants to the school classroom, it got mentioned everywhere due to ChatGPT’s revolutionary impact.
ChatGPT is an AI chatbot that can write content on any topic, maintain conversations, compose music, write codes, and many more.
It also comes with potential dangers, including losing human jobs, being less creative, and the spread of hacker’s unethical activity.
So, in today’s article, I will enlighten you about what ChatGPT is and how it works, touching upon the chatbot’s cost, benefits, and limitations.
- What Is ChatGPT?
- How To Access ChatGPT?
- How Much Does ChatGPT Cost?
- How Does ChatGPT Work?
- What Is ChatGPT Used For?
- What Are the Risks of ChatGPT?
- Is There Any Alternative to ChatGPT?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Wrapping Up
What Is ChatGPT?
ChatGPT is an artificial intelligence-based natural language model designed to generate human-like conversation, text, articles, blogs, music, and other tasks.
This AI chatbot was developed by a San Francisco Based startup named OpenAI, which Elon Musk and Sam Altman co-founded.
The word ChatGPT came from a learning model application named GPT which stands for Generative Pre-trained Transformation. It is one of the various iterations of Generative AI, which previously launched tools like Dall-E.
ChatGPT gets the GPT in its name from the powerful GPT-3 model, which enables a human-like response based on people’s requests or commands. The GPT 3 is known as the large language model (LLM).
ChatGPT Plus also enables users to use the updated GPT-4 version, which requires a paid subscription.
How To Access ChatGPT?
You can easily access ChatGPT for free. Simply go through the following steps:
- Start by navigating to the ChatGPT website.
- Create an account with your email, Google, or Microsoft account.
- Verify the business email account. This step doesn’t apply to other sign-up options.
- Enter your mobile number and verify it by inserting the received pin.
You should now be on the chatbot’s chat interface screen, where you can enter your text prompt. This free version is excellent for a quick review of ChatGPT.
For the Premium version, click on the upgrade plan on the left and complete the subscription and payment process. Then, register your account.
How Much Does ChatGPT Cost?
The basic ChatGPt version is free. You can use the free version on its website by signing up for an account.
ChatGPT is in its feedback stage currently. By giving users free access, they want to generate a wide range of feedback, which will help them improvise the ai bot’s future features.
ChatGPT Plus is a paid version that openAI launched recently. You have to complete specific payment criteria to enjoy its features.
The cost of ChatGPT Plus is $20 per month.
The Benefits of ChatGPT Plus
ChatGPT Plus is powered by ChatGPT 4. It will give you the fastest response with access to many outstanding features. The most significant benefits of using the Plus version are the following:
- High-quality response from the upgraded language model.
- You can access the chat interface even during the busiest hour.
- The fastest response on any prompt on any topic or subject.
- Priority access to any new features or updates.
How Does ChatGPT Work?
ChatGPT works by creating a deep learning neural network similar to human brains, backed up by a wide range of training data.
Combined with natural language processing, this neural engine helps the chatbot to understand human patterns, intentions, and relationships in text data to predict a logical and accurate response.
The training is executed through a process where a nascent AI is commanded to follow some ground rules. Next, it gets assigned to go through various specific situations or loads of work to establish its algorithm.
The training has been executed strictly on 500 billion tokens which helps the AI language model to predict the text more smoothly.
The complex and large word maps got broken into multiple tokens to quickly generate unique content.
A token can be roughly 4 characters long.
The token was scrapped from various human-written books, documents, blogs, web content, and articles. The scrapped content provides the base for generating accurate words, text, sentences, and paragraphs based on the requested prompts.
Training also involved reinforcement learning with human feedback (RLHF) to bring more clarity to the human-like response. Humans create a reward model with comparison data, making the AI determine the best answer.
After storing, filtering, and processing all the training data, GPT 3’s neural network establishes 175 billion variables which authorize people to execute input and start to generate a suitable answer based on the weighting of each word.
Check out the following YouTube video for a detailed demonstration of ChatGPTs’ functioning principles:
What Is ChatGPT Used For?
ChatGPt can be used for various tasks such as conversational chatbot, essay writing, blog writing, content creation, virtual assistantship, customer service, etc.
If you need a text response on anything, ChatGPt can provide you that quickly.
1. Craft Unique Articles, Essays, and Blogs
ChatGPT can write an entire article or essay based on a given topic. Even if the subject is complex, it can generate the best answer for your rescue.
It gives a guarantee of unique, authentic, and logical writing. You can also modify your writeup through this AI tool and improve the quality.
However, we strongly recommend you write an article, essay, or other document by yourself to hold its authenticity.
In that case, you can generate ideas and structural guidelines through AI, then organize them with your personalized touch.
2. Generate Content in Different Languages
ChatGPT can write content in multiple languages. If you prompt a topic in one language and request to write in another, it can do that. Hence, this is the best way for content creators to reach their global audience.
Yes, Google Translate can also translate text into other languages, albeit with the risk of losing the meaning of context.
ChatGPT, on the other hand, directly writes content in another language, keeping the context relevant to the subject.
3. Demonstrate Complex Topics and Tasks
Browsing something in a search engine tool will not always make you understand certain matters properly.
It is because their answer is based on a standard. They are not willing to break down the topic into multiple variables.
ChatGPt can break down complex tasks into a thousand pieces.
For instance, if you do not understand any topic for your Ph.D. program, the context of a political rule, or even a weird game, this AI chatbot is here to explain everything to you how you want.
4. Personalize Cover Letter and Resume
If you are searching for a job, you must create an incredible resume first. Sometimes different jobs require different types of resumes and cover letters.
While applying for multiple positions, it is challenging to personalize resumes and cover letters in a short time.
ChatGPt can quickly customize your resume and cover letter based on the different types of criteria of multiple jobs within a minute, making your work easy and burdenless.
5. Write and Fix Programming Code
You will have difficulty writing your code as a professional or a new programmer.
Sometimes even a misplacement of a comma or bracket can cause many bugs in your code.
ChatGPT can help you detect the error quickly, saving you hours of effort. Moreover, it can write a complete code block by functioning from scratch. However, try to write only part of the code through the AI system.
I suggest you fix the error only.
6. Compose Music in Multiple Genres
ChatGPT is no longer a robotic tool only. It has already shown its creative approach in different sectors.
It can write music in any given genre and language. This AI tool also can compose one artist’s song in another artist’s voice.
The ChatGPT-generated songs may not meet the standard of the Grammy, but with the right beats and instrumentation, they can be amusing sometimes.
7. Being a Human-Like Gossip Partner
Responding like a human to specific commands is the biggest strength of ChatGPT. It can be your great chat companion.
Whenever you text it something, it will reply to you immediately. It can also create funny jokes to get your mood right.
If you feel bored and do not have any friends available to talk or chat with you, you can easily knock ChatGPT for productive companionship.
What Are the Risks of ChatGPT?
Every great thing has its share of downsides. ChatGPT also comes with some risks despite being an incredible revolution.
Let’s explore the dangers associated with ChatGpt below:
- Incorrect Information: ChatGPT is trained on a vast amount of data acquired from different sources. So, Sometimes it cannot differentiate between the wrong and missing information in the dataset. When asking to solve an unusual topic, it also has the risk of giving an inaccurate and unauthorized answer.
- Biased Response: There is intense speculation regarding ChatGPT as a biased platform. In many cases, it provides sexist, racist, and favorable responses. Therefore, it can mislead the people who fully believe the AI-generated answer.
- Plagiarism and Paraphrasing: ChatGPT claims to provide a unique and new explanation. Unfortunately, that’s not always true. Its solution often resembles other online articles as it can’t think independently. The responses may seem dull and boring, too.
- Narrow Context: ChatGPT is trained on a vast perimeter and always responds to you based on its training data. It will struggle to generate an accurate answer if you ask anything that doesn’t fall into the dataset boundary. As per OpenAI, its data is limited to events that happened before 2021, which makes it unable to give correct information about past events.
- Reduce Creativity: Getting overly dependent on ChatGPT can harm people’s decision-making ability, critical thinking, and problem-solving power. As ChatGPT provides every possible solution for your queries, people tend to put less effort into coming up with their unique idea.
- Security Issues: Using AI language models can sometimes cost your privacy. The tool can capture all users’ private data and be examined by a human trainer. This means your personal information has a considerable risk of getting misused.
Is There Any Alternative to ChatGPT?
Despite having many remarkable features and getting all the hype, ChatGPT can still be unreliable in some contexts. It also tends to go down from time to time.
In such cases, you are best served by using some alternatives to ChatGPT.
For alternative use, the options are comprehensive. For instance, you can try Bing Chat, Jasper AI, ChatSonic, and Youchat.
Google is also set to launch the AI-based search engine Google Bard to fuel the competition.
Watch the following YouTube video detailing some incredibly free ChatGPT alternatives:
Frequently Asked Questions
Is ChatGPT an App?
ChatGPT is not an app; it has no app to run through on Android or IOS. Till now, it is primarily a web-based tool.
If you want to run the tool on your smartphone, browse the website via a search engine or a third-party app backed by the ChatGPT API.
Can I Earn Money Using ChatGPT?
You can earn money using the extensive features of ChatGPT. This powerful chatbot has the extraordinary capability of generating money-making ways. It can assist you with affiliate marketing, writing, and selling content, books, etc.
Providing social media support and customer service with ChatGPT can save some pennies.
ChatGPT is a language processing tool that has made artificial intelligence accessible to the general public. It works by understanding and analyzing human inputs before predicting a logical response using various language models and algorithms.
Anyone can use ChatGPT for free with an email id and internet connection.
The ai bot has many upsides and a few downsides. With unsupervised learning, it has the potential to replace the need for a search engine, a programmer, a copywriter, etc.
Please let me know in the comment section if you find something important I missed. You can also reach out for further clarifications.