Techie Buzz have recently released a plugin called WordPress Automatic Upgrade plugin. The plugin was designed to update your blog to the latest version of WordPress automatically through your blog admin area.
Here is what WPAU does;
1. Backs up the files and makes available a link to download it.
2. Backs up the database and makes available a link to download it.
3. Downloads the latest files from https://wordpress.org/latest.zip and unzips it.
4. Puts the site in maintenance mode.
5. De-activates all active plugins and remembers it.
6. Upgrades wordpress files.
7. Gives you a link that will open in a new window to upgrade installation.
8. Re-activates the plugins.
If you dread having to update your blog when a new version of WordPress is released, the automatic upgrade plugin could be for you. I haven’t tested this out personally yet as all my blogs are up to date but from the comments on the download page it seems to be working ok.
Download Link : WordPress Automatic Upgrade plugin