YouTube is one of the most popular websites on the internet.
With billions of users, there is a lot of potential for making money through this platform.
But, not everyone knows how to make money with YouTube and a related blog.
In this article, we will discuss the YouTube niche and whether it is a good niche for marketers to enter.
We will also reveal the types of products that do well in this niche and how much money a YouTube blogger can earn.
- What Is the YouTube Niche?
- Types of Sites Within the YouTube Niche
- Is the YouTube Niche Profitable?
- Is the YouTube Niche Good for Marketers?
- High-Performing Products & Services in the YouTube Niche
- Sports Niche Ideas
- Examples of Successful YouTube Niche Websites
- What To Avoid in the YouTube Niche
- Similar Niches Worth Checking Out
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Wrapping Up
What Is the YouTube Niche?
The YouTube niche includes a group of marketers and business owners who use the video-sharing website to upload and share videos.
Typically, entrepreneurs using YouTube will also build blogs that mirror the content they place on their YouTube channels.
Types of Sites Within the YouTube Niche
You’ll discover different types of websites in the YouTube niche, which represents one of the best niches for bloggers.
You’ll usually find blogs that include “how-to” posts, product reviews, and entertainment channels.
1. How-to Websites
How-to websites are probably the most popular type of website in the YouTube niche.
These sites often provide video tutorials on cooking, gardening, and technology, for instance.
How-to content attracts top-of-the-funnel traffic that helps to attract new leads.
Visitors aren’t ready to buy products when they want to learn how to do something.
2. Product Review Websites
These websites provide users with information about products, including reviews and ratings.
They might do detailed reviews of products like gadgets, books, and software.
Typically, you’ll discover that this bottom-of-the-funnel content converts directly to sales.
The people who look up reviews are close to making a purchase decision.
3. Entertainment Websites
Entertainment websites are another popular type of website in the YouTube niche.
These sites provide users with funny videos, movie trailers, and other types of entertainment content.
Is the YouTube Niche Profitable?
You’re in a good place if you combine YouTube with a blog when you want to choose a profitable niche.
It’s profitable because you’re using two kinds of content that work well to convert to leads and sales.
Written content helps with SEO, which can improve your organic traffic from Google.
Video content helps to increase brand awareness and build trust with potential customers.
Both content types are more effective than posting a blurb on Facebook or an image on Instagram.
Articles and videos give you more space to provide complete details that persuade readers and viewers to make buying decisions.
How Much Does the YouTube Niche Pay?
You can earn full-time income from the YouTube niche if you get enough traffic to your website and channel.
A full-time blogger in this niche can make anywhere from $50,000 to $100,000 per year.
Some YouTubers and bloggers will earn $50,000 to $100,000 per month.
To make this much money, you’ll need to get millions of views on your videos and hundreds of thousands of pageviews on your website each month.
You can do this by creating high-quality content that provides value to viewers and readers.
Income reports help show real-life examples of what’s possible in the YouTube niche.
Here’s a mom who runs a home niche blog and a mom niche blog.
Using these two blogs and her YouTube channel, she earned over $7,000 in one month.
Holly and Greg Johnson blog about living and traveling on a budget at Club Thrifty.
They earn over $25,000 per month from their blogging and YouTube videos.
Laura in the Kitchen is a food blog and YouTube channel.
According to Jess Hustle, she earns over $30,000 per month in the YouTube niche.
John Lee Dumas earns over $250,000 per month using his Entrepreneur On Fire blog and YouTube channel.
Is the YouTube Niche Good for Marketers?
The YouTube niche is a good place for marketers because people in this niche actively look for products to buy.
They want to learn about new products and find the best deals on the things they need.
You can promote products in your videos and website as a YouTuber and blogger.
Combining the two might include embedding your YouTube videos on the blog.
Visitors can either read or watch the same material.
Your blog should link people to your sales pages.
The descriptions under YouTube videos should do the same.
Is the YouTube Niche Good for Affiliate Marketing?
You’ll find that the YouTube niche is also good for affiliate marketing.
If you’re not familiar with affiliate marketing, it’s a way to earn a commission by promoting other people’s products.
You can find affiliate programs for almost any product or service online.
As an affiliate marketer, you’ll need to sign up for an affiliate program and get a unique affiliate link.
You’ll then include this link in your videos and on your website.
When someone clicks on your affiliate link and makes a purchase, you’ll earn a commission.
For example, if you’re promoting a course that costs $200, the company may pay you a 40% commission, which means you’ll earn $80 for each sale you make.
You can also promote products as an Amazon Associate or with other affiliate programs at ShareASale, CJ Affiliate, and more.
Software is an excellent choice in the YouTube niche.
You can join software affiliate programs, show behind-the-scenes demos in your videos, and link viewers to where they can buy the software.
Is the YouTube Niche Good for Dropshipping?
Dropshipping is another way to make money in the YouTube niche.
Dropshipping is a type of eCommerce business where you sell products without carrying inventory.
When someone orders a product from your store, you contact the supplier.
They will ship the product directly to your customer.
The business model is perfect for YouTubers because it’s easy to set up.
You don’t need a lot of money to get started.
You can find dropshipping suppliers online and use video content to drive traffic to your store.
High-Performing Products & Services in the YouTube Niche
To build a niche website that becomes successful requires careful planning of your monetization methods.
The information below will help you choose the YouTube niche products that fit best with your desired income level.
Products That Perform Well in the YouTube Niche
Let’s take a look at specific types of niche products to sell in the YouTube niche:
- Software: Software usually includes a high ticket price or it offers monthly recurring commissions, so you can earn a lot of money from each sale.
- Courses: In the YouTube niche, you can earn money by selling courses on just about any topic. Create video content to promote your courses or courses produced by other people.
- Coaching programs: Do you have a coaching program to promote? Use your video content to get people interested in it. Or, promote someone else’s coaching program and earn affiliate commissions.
- Website templates: If you sell templates that people can use to create their blog, the YouTube niche works well. Create video content to show how to install and use the templates.
- Physical products: Physical products are always in demand and there are many sub-niches within this niche. For example, you could sell electronics, baby products, kitchen gadgets, or health and beauty products.
Notable Brands in the YouTube Niche
Let’s talk about well-known brands to promote:
- Expedia: You can put a top brand like Expedia in front of your visitors if you own a travel blog. Make money by becoming an Expedia affiliate and earn a commission on every booking you refer.
- Nike: Nike is one of the most popular brands in the world. It offers a quality affiliate program. It will work well if you run a sports blog, such as a football fan site, a betting site, or a fantasy league blog.
- TubeBuddy: TubeBuddy is essential software for any YouTuber serious about growing their channel. They offer an affiliate program. Make videos about how to use it and include your affiliate link.
- Sephora: Are you in the beauty space? You can do makeup tutorials and review Sephora products on your YouTube channel. They offer an affiliate program that pays a commission on sales.
- Purple: Purple is a popular mattress brand that offers an affiliate program. If you have a home and garden blog, or if you review products on your YouTube channel, this could work well.
Services That Perform Well in the YouTube Niche
You can sell any type of service inside the YouTube niche.
- Makeup lessons: You can offer one-on-one makeup lessons or group classes. Attract students by advertising on YouTube or other social media platforms.
- Graphic design services: Graphic designers are in high demand. You can start your own graphic design business and use YouTube to market your services.
- Content writing: Do you have a knack for writing? Offer your content writing services to businesses in the YouTube niche. Create a video portfolio to showcase your work and get new clients.
- Baseball coaching: Do you have experience playing baseball? Start a business offering baseball coaching services. Use YouTube to create videos about drills, tips, and tricks.
- Golf lessons: Are you a golf pro? You can offer golf lessons to people in the YouTube niche. Offer your live coaching and perform on Zoom.
Popular Affiliate Programs in the YouTube Niche
- Google Affiliate Program: Google offers an affiliate program to promote its various products. For example, you can earn an affiliate commission by selling Google Workspace to your audience.
- Amazon Affiliate Program: Amazon has an affiliate program that lets you earn commissions on products you promote. If you have a cooking channel, for instance, you can promote kitchen appliances and earn a commission on every sale.
- Shein Affiliate Program: Shein is a popular fashion brand that offers an affiliate program. You can earn a commission by promoting their clothes or shoes to your target market.
- Chewy Affiliate Program: Chewy is an online pet store. Join its affiliate program if you own a pet blog. Each time you talk about your favorite pet products and include your affiliate link, you can earn a commission.
- Costco Affiliate Program: If your target market is people who shop for electronics, computers, appliances, mattresses, floral items, and furniture frequently, use Costco as a way to make money. You can get paid a commission on each sale you help generate by joining the Costco affiliate program.
Sports Niche Ideas
Here are some excellent niche ideas for you to get started with on YouTube.
If you know everything about fashion, this niche will work well for you.
You can start a YouTube channel and upload videos about the latest trends, do fashion hauls, or give your audience style tips.
You might create other fashion content on your blog.
For example, you can write articles about how to style certain items or put together the perfect outfit for a special occasion.
The beauty niche is perfect for people passionate about makeup and skincare.
You can start a YouTube channel where you review makeup products, do makeup tutorials, or give your audience tips on how to take care of their skin.
You may also create blog content about beauty trends or the best skin care products.
3. Software Reviews
Do you love trying out new software?
Start a YouTube channel where you review different software programs and give your audience your thoughts on them.
Place the same reviews on your tech blog.
It is a solid niche for tech-savvy people who love helping others make decisions about which software to buy.
4. Weight Loss
Did you struggle for years before finding success with losing weight?
Tell people all about it on YouTube and on your blog.
Share your tips and tricks for staying on track, the best exercises to help people lose weight, and give your audience an inside look at your weight loss journey.
You can also promote healthy eating products on your blog and earn a commission on each sale.
Examples of Successful YouTube Niche Websites
Here are five examples of YouTube niche blogs that successfully used some of the above ideas to create online businesses.
Use these as inspiration for your new YouTube niche website.
1. Fashion Nova
Fashion Nova is a fashion brand that started as a small niche website.
The company sells its own line of clothing and accessories.
Over time, it grew into a multi-million dollar business with a successful YouTube channel to match.
On the YouTube channel, the company uploads videos about the latest fashion trends, style tips, and more.
CNET is a tech website that covers everything from phones and laptops to cameras and gaming systems.
The website has a successful YouTube channel where tech experts review products and give tips on using technology.
Byrdie is a beauty website that creates content about makeup, hair, skincare, and nails.
The website uses its YouTube channel as a showcase for beauty experts who review products and give tips on how to apply makeup or style hair.
The tutorials also link back to the website, where readers can purchase the products used in the video.
POPSUGAR Fitness is a fitness website offering workout routines, healthy recipes, and weight loss tips.
The brand’s YouTube channel sends video content to over six million subscribers.
The videos show off some of the workouts and recipes featured on the site and link back to the website for more information.
On their Y Travel Blog, Caz and Craig Makepeace write about their experiences traveling the world with their two young children.
They’ve visited over sixty countries and show no signs of slowing down.
Their YouTube channel reveals videos about family travel, packing tips, and more.
As you can see, there are many successful YouTube niche websites out there.
What To Avoid in the YouTube Niche
As you build your blog and YouTube niche, be careful to avoid a few common mistakes.
1. Not Thinking Carefully About Your Niche
One of the most common mistakes bloggers make is going too fast when choosing the right blogging niche.
It’s important to select a niche that you’re passionate about so that you’ll stick with it long-term.
Make sure your niche is something you can write about for years to come.
2. Not Selecting the Best Keywords
You need to do keyword research for your niche.
Keywords are what people type into search engines when they’re looking for information.
If you want people to find your blog or YouTube channel, you need to choose keywords that accurately describe your content.
3. Not Thinking Through Proper Content Creation
Creating high-quality content takes time and effort.
Plan out your content and make sure it’s informative and engaging.
If you’re not willing to put in the work, your blog or YouTube channel will suffer.
4. Not Using the Best SEO Methods
You can’t avoid learning about the best search engine optimization (SEO) techniques.
Too many beginner bloggers and YouTubers miss this step, including website mistakes like failing to build a fast-loading blog.
Similar Niches Worth Checking Out
If you’re still unsure about which YouTube niche to go into, here are three additional niches to check out.
- Gaming Niche: In the gaming niche, YouTubers post videos of themselves playing video games. Videos can include commentary, game reviews, tips and tricks, and more.
- Instagram Niche: In the Instagram niche, bloggers share tips on how to grow an Instagram following, create engaging content, and use the platform to make money.
- Health and Fitness Niche: In the health and fitness niche, bloggers share workout routines, healthy recipes, and tips on living a healthier lifestyle.
Frequently Asked Questions
Let’s answer two commonly asked questions about the YouTube niche.
What niche is best for YouTube?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question.
The best niche for you will depend on your interests and goals.
What topics are trending on YouTube?
The trending topics on YouTube change all the time, but some popular topics include gaming, beauty, fashion, travel, and fitness.
When it comes to the YouTube niche, there is plenty of potential for bloggers looking to make money online.
The niche works well for multiple websites and YouTube channel topics.
If you’re interested in entering this niche, do your research and take advantage of the great opportunities available.
Commit to the long-term and then continue building day by day.