Successful Blogging has simple, actionable blogging tips for small business owners, writers and artists and is listed in the Top 10 Blogs for Bloggers 2012.
I’m Annabel Candy. With 17 years experience in web design and copywriting I help dynamic entrepreneurs and creative personalities tap into the power of blogging.Stay informed, inspired and motivated with our free blogging tips. Add your email address now:
About Annabel Candy, Your Blogging Mentor
- I started blogging in 2006 but only wrote one blog post. After that false start I created travel blog Get In the Hot Spot in 2009. It now has over 20,000 readers per month.
- I have an MA in Design for Interactive Media (Middlesex University, London 1996), a BA in French and English and I’m a qualified teacher.
- My writing has been featured on some of the most popular blogs on the Internet like Problogger, Copyblogger and Zen Habits, as well as in print media. I was listed Best of Copyblogger 2010 and am motivated by my loyal readers. I love most types of writing including web copywriting and am happy to get paid for doing what I love.
- I work from home where I run a web design company with my husband called Mucho, specialising in setting up effective blogs and websites for small businesses. If you’re ready to invest in your business success we can take care of your blog design.
- Most people love to travel but I’ve planned my life around it. I was born in the UK and have lived in the USA, France, Zimbabwe, Laos, New Zealand, Costa Rica and now Australia. I’ve traveled widely in Europe, South East Asia, North America, Africa, Central America, Australasia and the Pacific Islands. Read more about my travels here.
- I have British and New Zealand passports but I live in tropical paradise in Australia. Noosa in Queensland is a popular holiday destination – Richard Branson owns an island here but we don’t run into each other much.
- I have a handsome husband (Mucho Man, Rich Candy) and three adorable kids who may read my blog at any time.
- You can share anything I write here on your own blog or wherever you please because I’ve uncopyrighted my blog posts. Just credit me and link back to Successful Blogging.
- I make “boring” topics like internet marketing, business and blogging fun because I think they are. Stick with me and you will too.
My Blogging Journey
I started my blog Get In the Hot Spot in August 2009 and began learning everything I could about blogging. I had a head start as I’ve been designing websites and writing web copy since 1995, but I still found blogging frustrating.
The problem is there’s so much information available it’s overwhelming. I didn’t know where to start. Plus many books and blogs about blogging are too technical (which only puts off business bloggers and creatives), or focused on creating a “passive” income when to begin with you need to focus on setting up an easy to use blog, creating strong content and building engaged readers.
I made a lot of mistakes when I started blogging, like changing topics, domain names and blogging platforms several times. But despite that I succeeded in growing my blog to over 1,000 subscribers in the first year and over 10,000 unique visitors a month soon after. The numbers aren’t really important though. What counts is that blogging helped me:
- Get new clients both locally and globally.
- Build an engaged audience for my writing.
I even got whisked off to Shanghai for a social media conference by Coca-Cola because they liked my writing and, since my blog became popular, I’ve earned money directly from it. I can’t guarantee those last two things will happen to you but I can guarantee successful blogging will help you:
- Connect with new clients and win new business.
- Keep in touch with existing clients and get repeat business.
- Sell more of your products or services.
- Put your business on the map.
- Make you a trusted and often sought after source of information in your industry.
Why Should You Have a Blog?
I recommend blogging for small business owners because it’s a highly powerful, cost-effective and enjoyable way to market your business. I want to demystify blogging and make it easy and rewarding for small business owners and creative people like you. I want to help you tap into the power of social media marketing in general and blogging in particular.
Why Read My Book Successful Blogging in 12 Simple Steps?
I started this blog and wrote the book Successful Blogging in 12 Steps for people who want to save time and money and get all the information they need in one place. It’s a shortcut to successful blogging and I promise my book and blog posts are:
- Relevant to your goals.
- Fast to read.
- Uplifting and inspiring.
Unique No Bull Guarantee
I keep my advice simple, short and straightforward. Unfortunately there’s a lot of hype on the Internet. Some people are selling dreams and preying on the vulnerable and misguided.
You won’t find any hype here. Just good, honest advice from someone who’s been there, done that and has helped hundreds of other business people do it too.
Don’t Just Take My Word For It
“Annabel has a unique mix of web know-how and marketing acumen.”
Penelope Trunk, Author, USA
“I love your book, it’s so helpful. I only wish I’d read it earlier.”
Seana Smith, Author, Australia
“You give really important and useful tips on how to write effective blog posts.”
Rebecca Osberg, Copywriter, USA,
“It’s refreshing to come across something that is a little more realistic. Not something that is trying to sell people on unrealistic pipe dreams that in the end will make people feel worse.”
Marilyn, Blogger, Canada
“Thanks for what you do. I learn how to be a better blogger, but also have been uplifted by your writing as well.”
Kelly Sajonia, Triathlete, USA
“It’s my pleasure to acknowledge your expertise. I’ve learned so much from you! I especially appreciate your relaxed, humorous, fun style without sacrificing the real know-how.”
Sandra Lee, Writer, USA
“So appreciate your advice – have made changes!”
Nikki Parkinson, Writer, Winner of Best Australian Blog 2011, Australia
Are You Ready for Successful Blogging?
Find out more in my book Successful Blogging in 12 Steps.
I wrote it specially for small business owners and writers like you and I guarantee it will teach you simple, actionable ways to improve your blog and help you achieve your blogging goals.
As well as helping you blog better, income from book sales keep this blog going so I’d love it if you check it out.
I’m excited that you’re getting into blogging and looking forward to watching your blog and business evolve and grow.
Above all, I hope blogging brings you as much joy and as many rewards as it has me.
While using the HTML editor, check the cleaning options you want to perform when you press the main Clean button or execute them one by one.