While it’s true that eCommerce sales are on the incline, 28% of small businesses are without websites.
Consequently, their customers have a tough time shopping with them, making them lose out on potential customers to eCommerce platforms devoted to facilitating a convenient shopping experience.
Whether you’re looking for ways to expand your reach in the online world or attempting to start a new eCommerce business from scratch, having an eCommerce platform is essential to achieving your goals.
- Best eCommerce Platforms: Our Top 3 Options [Ranked & Reviewed] (Overview)
- An Overview of eCommerce Platforms
- Features To Look for In eCommerce Platforms
- Best eCommerce Platforms: Our Top 3 Options [Ranked & Reviewed]
- The Best Free eCommerce Platforms
- Notable Mentions: Notable Mentions: Other eCommerce Platforms To Check Out
- Even More Options To Check Out
- Other Products Relevant to eCommerce Platforms
- Frequently Asked Questions
Best eCommerce Platforms: Our Top 3 Options [Ranked & Reviewed] (Overview)
We’ve included an overview of our top picks below. For detailed information on each pick, scroll down.
- Shopify: Our Pick
- BigCommerce: Runner-Up
- Weebly: Budget Pick
- Big Cartel
- Bluehost + WooCommerce
An Overview of eCommerce Platforms
An eCommerce platform will catapult any burgeoning business to the next level.
It’s essential to understand eCommerce platforms and how they operate.
What Is an eCommerce Platform?
ECommerce is buying and selling services and goods online.
Anyone can engage in eCommerce, from freelancers to small, medium, or large businesses.
Common eCommerce activities include digital products, wholesale, retail, subscription, crowdfunding, services, etc.
ECommerce aims to facilitate marketing sales and website management for a business (eCommerce store).
Why Are eCommerce Platforms Important?
ECommerce platforms are integral for any online retail enterprise; they enable the front-end and back-end to work seamlessly and efficiently.
The right software benefits anyone, whether looking for a strong enterprise solution, starting a business from scratch, or expanding a brick-and-mortar location. In addition, the right software will increase your stability and profitability.
Features To Look for In eCommerce Platforms
Now that you know how necessary eCommerce platforms are for online success, here is a comprehensive list of features that you should search for when you make your selection.
1. Ownership Costs
First, figure out your eCommerce business needs, and then identify your budget.
Afterwards, compare the relevant pricing plans and select the one that has the most business value for you.
Some eCommerce platforms don’t have monthly fees, but you’ll have to pay for a web hosting service.
Other platforms charge more but allow access to the eCommerce website software and your web hosting.
2. Free Trial
Without a trial, it’s markedly more difficult to ascertain which eCommerce platform best suits your online store.
Thankfully, most eCommerce software platforms offer free trials.
It’s wise to test the software before signing up for a pricing plan.
3. Installation and Usage
How involved in the setup and installation process?
Does it take days or minutes to set up?
Starting a business is very time consuming, so having access to essential tools that save you time is invaluable—and gives you the ability to focus on your business.
Are you in need of a customized site?
Does the platform have the capacity to do so?
You should be able to customize just about anything on your eCommerce website.
Typical platforms have limits concerning their customization features.
However, this is usually purposeful, as they want you to concentrate exclusively on selling products and services.
5. Integration and Plugins
Does the platform integrate seamlessly with other services and products?
Extensions on a given eCommerce platform are essential because they allow for additional functionality.
Also, they can add too complex features to be available in standard plugins.
Best eCommerce Platforms: Our Top 3 Options [Ranked & Reviewed]
We’ve taken the liberty of compiling a list of the top eCommerce platforms.
All these have met the criteria to be among the best platforms available on the market.
Shopify: Our Pick
Shopify is an exemplary model from which many eCommerce sites take their cues—they have more than a million stores built. This platform is the most critically acclaimed platform for small businesses setting up an online store.
Shopify takes it a step further and provides you with an assistant to guide you through the basics of setting up your website, setting up payments, adding products, and customizing your store.
Key Features of Shopify
- Payment processing: Features a built-in payment processor that functions with debit cards, major credit cards, Google Pay, and Apple Pay.
- Flexibility: You have access to templates, a fantastic core system, and complete access to the code.
- Integration: Shopify integrated with thousands of sales, inventory, accounting, marketing, and other apps to expand its eCommerce capabilities.
- Customer support: You have access to 24/7 support via several channels.
- User-friendly: You can create a live Shopify store optimized for search in a couple of hours because the platform is very user-friendly.
Why Is Shopify a Great Solution?
Of every platform that we reviewed, we found that the most advanced inventory management features came from Shopify. You need Shopify’s intuitive core platform and venture into whatever course is most advantageous to you. You can sell directly on eBay, Walmart, Facebook, Pinterest, and more.
Customers can easily view their stock levels and orders with just a glance and create detailed product pages with custom metadata, pricing rules, images, and more. Shopify streamlines the shipping process, including printing labels and sending tracking information to customers.
Pros of Shopify
- Apps & Community: The Shopify App Store has countless add-ons for your store. Also, they have a vast community of experts and independent developers eager to help.
- Design variety: The quantity is extensive, and the quality is excellent—it’s all mobile-friendly.
- Scalability: Apart from being user-friendly, the platform is also powerful. It makes it easy to scale for big and small online stores alike.
Cons of Shopify
- Weak SEO: Regular pages and blog posts have a URL structure that’s not the best for SEO.
- Transaction fees: Shopify charges a transaction fee on top of the payment processor fee unless you pay via Shopify Payments.
- Multilingual: You must buy a third-party app to create and display translations.
Shopify vs. Other Top Recommendations: How They Compare
All Shopify plans come with unlimited bandwidth and storage and let you post products limitlessly, meaning that your business grows and your Shopify scales beautifully along with it.
Additionally, Shopify offers apps for Android and iOS that enable you to manage your store from virtually anywhere.
When the Shopify platform is fresh out of the box, it’s not as feature-heavy as a platform such as BigCommerce regarding managing a complex inventory. However, new users won’t notice, and Shopify’s rich plugin selection allows people to improve the platform as their company grows.
- Lite plan: $9/month (you’ll have access to an embeddable “Buy Button” and a POS app that you can use for in-person selling)
- Basic plan: $29/month (includes the basics in addition to SSL certificates, a high-quality hosted solution with automatic level 1 PCI-DSS compliance, limitless storage, and more)
- Shopify plan: $79/month (you have access to the basic plan and advanced features to use for scaling your business, such as international pricing and professional reports)
- Advanced plan: $299/month (you can access everything in the Shopify plan, automatically calculated shipping rates, and advanced reports)
- Enterprise plan: $2,000/month (this is great for large online stores; it includes calculated shipping based on geographical location, advanced reporting, over 6,000 API integrations, and more)
Can You Try Shopify for Free?
Customers can take advantage of the 14-day free trial that comes with every plan.
Conclusion: Should You Choose Shopify?
Shopify is a proficient website builder that offers monthly plans to accommodate any budget; this is an all-in-one platform that gives the user everything you need to launch an online store, even if you have zero design or coding experience.
BigCommerce is a platform with a focus on large companies that are already in the midst of selling products on a considerable scale. This platform is known for leading the world as an open SaaS eCommerce platform. BigCommerce is famous for its highly flexible APIs and low total cost of ownership.
If you want the customizability and flexibility of open source platforms but also like the hassle-free nature of SaaS, then BigCommerce is the platform for you.
Key Features of BigCommerce
- Complex inventory management: This platform allows for 600 variants to a single SKU. This level of variety is not necessary for everyone; however, products with a wide array of finishes, sizes, colors, etc., are very for customers to choose what suits them.
- No code necessary: With BigCommerce, simply point and click to optimize and design your site. No CSS or HTML knowledge is needed.
- Channel management: You can keep track of earnings and customers and customize the settings of all channels you use.
- Customer support: Customer support is accessible 24/7 on every plan; this includes chat, phone, and ticketed support.
- Payment integrations: BigCommerce is also integrated with payment processors, including Amazon, Paypal, and Stripe.
Why Is BigCommerce a Great Solution?
BigCommerce is a well-known name in the eCommerce space and is utilized by businesses in more than 120 countries worldwide. This all-in-one eCommerce platform provider gives you everything for your online store’s success.
Additionally, it’s just as great with a marketplace of apps for accounting, customer relationship management (CRM), marketing, shipping, and more.
Pros of BigCommerce
- Offers flexibility and scalability: You can grow your business easily with advanced features capable of supporting an enterprise such as Ben & Jerry’s, Kodak, and more.
- Multi-channel selling: If you are already in the middle of selling across social media or marketplaces, this platform makes these operations painless and smooth.
- Strong SEO performance: Since it has excellent content management features, this platform is ideal for organic SEO growth.
Cons of BigCommerce
- Not beginner-friendly: Difficult editing interface makes it not conducive for beginners.
- Harder to make design changes: Customizing and editing your site’s design is easy. However, it’s not as customizable as Squarespace and Wix.
- Not ideal for small businesses: The revenue-led billing could disadvantage stores with light margins.
BigCommerce vs. Other Top Recommendations: How They Compare
BigCommerce is first in its class regarding features such as page loading speed, security, and uptime. Also, there are a few more design customization capabilities than Shopify.
Although Spotify charges 0.5% to 2% per transaction for utilizing third-party payment processors, BigCommerce allows users to select from more than 65 processors, including Stripe, Square, and PayPal.
- Standard plan: $29.95/month (this plan is ideal for up to $50,000 online sales per year and features the BigCommerce mobile app, real-time shipping quotes, professional reporting tools, and more)
- Plus plan: $79.95/month (great for up to $180,000 online sales per year—standard plan features included segmentation, customer groups, and more)
- Pro plan: $299.95/month (good for up to $400,000 online sales per year and every Plus plan feature, custom product filtering, Google customer reviews, and more)
- Enterprise plan: $150/month (for each additional $200,000 in online sales, includes all Pro plan features, price lists, multi- storefront, and more.)
Can You Try BigCommerce for Free?
BigCommerce offers a 15-day free trial with all of their plans. Customers also have access to unlimited support during this time.
Conclusion: Should You Choose BigCommerce?
We recommend BigCommerce to any business with a large inventory of products; management is a breeze despite how many variants, warehouses, channels, and SKUs you have.
Regarding the front end, your customers will have no problem finding everything they need. While many eCommerce platforms struggle at the scale, BigCommerce does very well with it.
Weebly: Budget Pick
Weebly is a simplistic eCommerce website builder owned by Square—a company specializing in financial services and payment processing.
Weebly is an excellent option for online stores once it does not require much effort to set up. This eCommerce platform is also user-friendly, requiring no expertise to operate.
Key Features of Weebly
- Sufficient basic plan: Weebly’s plans come with secure checkout and fully integrated shopping. Therefore, without paying anything, you’ll at least be able to build an online store and choose to upgrade at a later date.
- Integrates payment applications: Users will have a choice among a few different payment processors, such as Stripe, Square, and PayPal.
- Template selection: There are a variety of templates to choose from, and you can change your theme as you please just by pushing a button.
- Customer support: Their support team is very responsive; you can reach them via telephone, live chat, and email.
- Bonus features: Weebly has bonus features such as a free domain name, upgrade features, a free SEO report, and more—at no extra cost.
Why Is Weebly a Great Solution?
Weebly features an app center that allows you to add features to your website without coding. For instance, you can add an appointment scheduler or a live chat widget. Also, you can easily add blog posts to your website using the built-in blog feature.
If you want a simple drag-and-drop website builder with budget-friendly e-commerce features, Weebly is just for you.
Pros of Weebly
- Easy to create websites: This platform’s intuitive drag-and-drop editor is on par with Wix, allowing you to make an excellent online store in minutes.
- Fast loading speed: You’ll have little to no issues with the page loading, even with integrations.
- User-friendly: You don’t need technical expertise to operate Weebly—it’s user-friendly for both the customer and the user.
Cons of Weebly
- Lack of customization: You don’t get many customization options (font, layout, designs) to create the exact layout that you may have in mind.
- Transactional issues: Your customers may have problems with making payments or payments not getting accepted or processing slowly.
- Blogging functionally: Weebly seems to be a bit further than the standard blog.
Weebly Vs. Other Top Recommendations: How They Compare
Weebly is an excellent choice for those who want to create a website quickly and hassle-free without learning code—this is possible thanks to Weebly’s drag-and-drop interface.
While both Wix and Shopify have a drag-and-drop feature, Spotify has more customization options than its competitors.
Also, if you are someone who wants to use those domain names, Weebly is an excellent option because it offers a free domain with a Professional plan.
With Wix, you get a free domain name when you purchase an annual plan, but it only lasts for the first year. Lastly, Shopify doesn’t provide a free domain name at all.
- Free plan: $0/month (features free SSL security, shopping Cart, inventory management, SEO, you can add a third party code, and more)
- Personal plan: $6/month (you have access to all free plan features, digital goods, and a shipping calculator, and you can connect a custom domain and more)
- Professional plan: $12/month (our access to all personal plan features, unlimited storage, password protection, advanced site stats, free domain, remove Square ads, and more)
- Performance plan: $26/month (includes all Professional plan features, priority support, advanced eCommerce insights, abandoned cart emails, item reviews, and more)
Can You Try Weebly for Free?
Not only can you try Weebly for free, but they also have a free forever plan. With the free plan, you get a free SSL certificate, capture leads, add third-party embed codes, a chat, email support, and an Instagram feed.
Conclusion: Should You Choose Weebly?
Weebly is a user-friendly website builder that allows users to create a website without coding knowledge; this is a great option for people who want a professional website or an online store. Additionally, it is one of the most affordable eCommerce platforms on the market.
The Best Free eCommerce Platforms
Here are the best free options if you have a business and want a platform that lets you start with basic design and functionality features.
WooCommerce is a free plugin that allows users to create an eCommerce store from a WordPress website. Many people consider WooCommerce user-friendly, both for the customer and the business owner.
With WooCommerce, managing an online store is easy, as you have all the tools you need to make operations run smoothly. In addition, there are crucial features like shipping integration, tax management, inventory management, secure payments, and more.
Why Is This a Great Option?
WooCommerce is an excellent option because you have everything you need at your disposal. There are memberships, subscriptions, product catalogs, and more that you can customize through WordPress. Additionally, there are extensions for email integration and printing shipping labels, all of which are pertinent features you’ll need.
Drawbacks to WooCommerce
WooCommerce didn’t quite make the cut because of how expensive the hosting is in conjunction with how many built-in features are available.
Also, it can be challenging to troubleshoot when you have a problem, and if you’re new to eCommerce, you need solid support on your side. You’ll also have to get multiple extensions for optimal functioning.
Magento is an eCommerce Platform that runs through Adobe and processes over $100 billion yearly in merchandise sales. With Magento, you can create your store no matter how big or small of a website you have. As a result, it’s an excellent platform for B2B online sales, mid-market stores, small businesses, and enterprises.
Why Is This a Great Option?
Magento is efficient and has tons of automation features, and allows you to access essential information to run your store properly.
The shipping solutions, order management, ability to manage inventory, and business intelligence make Magento a solid choice for your eCommerce store. There are also excellent personalization and customer segmentation features.
Drawbacks to Magento
Magento doesn’t offer themes like Wix, Shopify, and other popular eCommerce platforms. Instead, you download the software, and then you’ll have to rely on third-party applications for your designs.
Magento has a commerce license you must purchase when contacting a sales representative for more information.
Notable Mentions: Notable Mentions: Other eCommerce Platforms To Check Out
These eCommerce platforms are worth exploring if you’re looking for something different from what we have listed.
Zyro is a sustainable and affordable eCommerce option. This SaaS is perfect for small businesses that need web hosting. There are numerous AI tools; you can add images, customize the backgrounds, and make logos. Even without previous developer experience, it’s easy to set up and use immediately.
Why Is Zyro a Great Option?
Zyro has free themes that eCommerce merchants can use to customize their websites. There’s also the drag-and-drop builder that works well on mobile phones in addition to the desktop.
If you’re working with a tight budget but need to get your store up and running, consider Zyro. It’s the perfect solution for selling niche products on a site.
Drawbacks to Zyro
Zyro has notable drawbacks that keep it from ranking higher, like the limited templates, lack of product offers, and because it slows your mobile device considerably. It can also slow your PC down as well. For these reasons, Zyro might not be the best choice when you need numerous extensions.
- Basic plan: $2.90/month, or $34.80/year. It is amongst the most affordable starter plans available. (for small business merchants that aren’t trying to sell products online just yet, try Zyro and update later if you change your mind).
- Business plan: $4.90/month, or $46.80/year (this plan comes with basic plan features, upgrades, analytics integrations, and increased customer support.)
- Advanced plan: $15.90/month, or $190.80/year (the advanced package has all the basic and business plan features and is perfect for an online merchant with numerous products.)
Can You Try Zyro for Free?
You cannot try a free trial with Zyro, nor do they have a free forever plan. However, each plan offers a 30-day money-back guarantee so that you can try them without commitment.
Need another easy-to-use eCommerce platform for small businesses on a tight budget? Try Big Cartel, which doesn’t have the same allure as the fancier platforms, but it’s still a solid choice. It’s cost-effective, gets the job done, and can improve your customers’ buying experience.
Why Is Big Cartel a Great Option?
Not only is Big Cartel user-friendly, but you don’t have to follow many steps to configure the site or set up to get it up and running.
They have a free plan that functions well enough for entrepreneurs with only a few items to sell. There are no transaction fees, and the template collection is free and responsive.
Drawbacks to Big Cartel
Big Cartel isn’t suitable for an enterprise despite the positive attributes for smaller businesses. They only permit 500 products or less for their highest-paid plan.
Also, the themes are not highly customizable. They also don’t offer phone support or live chat; you can only sell your products through your site, Instagram, and Facebook.
Big Cartel Pricing
- Gold Plan: $0/month (you can only sell five products, there’s a limit regarding editing site code, you can’t track your inventory, and you can’t add Google Analytics)
- Platinum Plan: $9.99/month (you get to sell up to 50 products, you’re allowed to track inventory, edit the theme code, and add Google Analytics)
- Diamond Plan: $19.99/month (your product limit is 500 products, but there are no new features besides the limit increase)
Can You Try Big Cartel for Free?
There’s no need for a free trial with Big Cartel because they have a free forever plan that you can use, as long as you aren’t selling more than five items.
Unlike many other options on this list, OpenCart is not an eCommerce site builder. Instead, it’s more of an open-source, free platform, allowing you to add functionalities as an eCommerce merchant to existing websites. It’s simple to use and doesn’t require much tech experience.
Why Is OpenCart a Great Option?
OpenCart is an excellent option because of the marketplace aspect. You can access over 13,000 themes and modules and integrate your site with various shipping providers and payment gateways. You also receive support from over 550,000 discussions from 100K+ members.
Drawbacks to OpenCart
You can install OpenCart for free, but those integrations and extensions can add up. Larger sites will feel the effects of a slower pace, which may diminish the buyer experience over time. Their free plan is restrictive, and this OpenCart might become more expensive because of self-hosting.
OpenCart has a cloud version with a 50 percent discount if you pay for one year upfront. You get better customer support, and you can host more than one store with all of these plans.
- Bronze: $27/month
- Silver: $53/month
- Gold: $160/month
*Prices may fluctuate, as the site initially lists them in British pounds.
Anticipate the following costs, though the download is free:
- Hosting plan: Usually costs $5/month, at a minimum, but high-quality hosts are more expensive ($10+)
- Domain name: Your store needs a domain name costing around $10/year.
- Extra features: Additional features like your store’s template/design or extensions/modules will cost around $100/year.
- Customer support: $99/month
Can You Try Opencart for Free?
Users receive a 14-day free trial, with unbridled access to themes, direct support, hosting, extensions, and more.
Each business plan with Squarespace gives you everything you need to run a successful eCommerce website.
You’ll appreciate the layout if you work in a creative industry, such as being a writer, artist, photographer, videographer, etc. The templates featured by Squarespace are innovative, captivating, modern, and perfect for owners that occupy this niche.
Why Is Squarespace a Great Option?
You can quickly and effectively display and sell your work on Squarespace. Additionally, digital content and subscriptions are eligible for sale, and the features are highly impressive.
Product display, automatic inventory management, shipping calculator tools, product videos, and more are easy to access. Selling tools are simple to integrate, with popular add-ons like Apple Pay, Stripe, FedEx, and PayPal being preferred choices.
Drawbacks to Squarespace
Squarespace is a great platform, but unlike Wix and Shopify, there is no way for you to reach customer service representatives over the phone. The payment gateways also aren’t as extensive as you’ll find with other sites. Lastly, the eCommerce integrations are lacking with Squarespace.
- Personal plan: $14/month, billed annually (receive 30 minutes of video storage, SEO features, unlimited bandwidth, Squarespace extensions, and standard website metrics.
- Business plan: $23/month, billed annually (get all the features from the Personal plan, total customization with site code, Google Ads credits, advanced analytics tools, and a Google email)
- Basic Commerce plan: $27/month, billed annually (you’ll get all the features from the Business plan, social integrations, customer accounts, eCommerce analytics, product reviews, features, 0 percent transaction fees)
- Advanced Commerce plan: $49/month, billed annually (get all the features from the basic Commerce plan, 0 percent transaction fees, abandoned cart recovery, sell subscriptions, limited availability labels, advanced shipping, and more)
*You can only access eCommerce functions with the Business and Commerce plans.
Can You Try Squarespace for Free?
Each Squarespace plan qualifies for a free trial that lasts 14 days, 24/7 customer support, and a customized domain.
Wix is amongst the most intuitive eCommerce site builders. You don’t need coding experience or technical knowledge to get started. They have a drag-and-drop builder to edit videos, images, text, and various forms of media in just a few minutes. The finished product is a high-quality website.
Why Is Wix a Great Option?
There are over 500 design themes, and you can easily customize your store with ease. Wix is an excellent platform for site visibility and has automatic features in place to optimize your online store for mobile devices and SEO.
The Wix platform provides users with all the web applications they can use for customization. There are more templates than Magento and Shopify, and you can edit images, logos, videos, and more.
Drawbacks to Wix
One aspect of having a site and ranking high on the SERPs is SEO. You want excellent site visibility, but unfortunately, Wix doesn’t help in that department.
The upselling capabilities are lackluster, and it doesn’t integrate well with other extensions or sites like Amazon. For these reasons, we had to keep Wix lower on the list.
- Business Basic plan: $27/month (you can accept payments online, get 50GB of storage, add customer accounts, remove ads, receive a custom domain, sell unlimited products, get five video hours, ad vouchers, and a free domain for a year)
- Business Unlimited plan: $32/month (get all the features from the Business Unlimited Plan, plus 100GB of storage, ten video hours, sell through various marketplaces, and get subscriptions)
- Business VIP plan: $59/month (get all Business Unlimited Plan features, unlimited video hours, unlimited storage, Smile.io)
Can You Try Wix for Free?
With Wix, you get a free trial for fourteen days, a custom domain link, and free hosting.
Bluehost + WooCommerce
Bluehost is the ideal solution for many small businesses. By combining WooCommerce and WordPress features into an already established hosting platform like Bluehost, you now have a complete shopping experience tied into one bundle. It’s one of the most versatile and trusted builder combinations available.
Why Is Bluehost + WooCommerce a Great Option?
Bluehost + WooCommerce is an excellent option because it’s easy enough to use that anyone can pick it up and start creating an online store. Owners have a seamless transition by providing users with everything they need in one location, including the functionalities they get from WooCommerce.
Drawbacks to Bluehost + WooCommerce
While Bluehost + WooCommerce is a one-stop shop, there are additional costs like checkout cart add-ons and other extensions.
Also, Bluehost storage is surprisingly low, especially with the Basic plan. The tools and backup features also aren’t promising. It also has the potential to slow your site down a bit.
Bluehost + WooCommerce Pricing
- Standard plan: $24.95/month (this plan includes unlimited products for your online store, Jetpack, WooCommerce, order creation, themes, traffic analysis, and more)
- Premium plan: $39.95/month (you get everything from the Standard plan, backup, site code, domain privacy, protection, and more)
Can You Try Bluehost + WooCommerce for Free?
Bluehost no longer offers a free trial, but there’s a 30-day money-back guarantee if the customer is dissatisfied with the services.
Even More Options To Check Out
Here’s a brief overview of even more eCommerce platforms that you might want to check out:
3DCart is an advanced eCommerce platform with over 200 features, more than 100 payment processing choices, 50 themes, and an excellent blog feature. It also fully supports the various integrations you need to run a store successfully. You have the option of unlimited storage.
Additionally, there’s phone support and live chat for customers. Remember that there’s no drag-and-drop builder like you get with Wix, Shopify, and more. It’s harder to use if you have no development or coding services for proper customization.
Volusion is another all-in-one solution for your eCommerce needs. Multiple custom domains and navigation styles, intriguing theme designs, a content editor, and other functions help create a website. Overall, it provides a pleasant shopping experience for customers.
However, you can’t blog with this platform, there’s no specific niche, and the storefront is somewhat confusing concerning the arrangements. Also, customer support is lacking.
Prestashop is innovative, efficient, and another open-source option. Everything you need is in one location to take your brand and business to the next level. Furthermore, you can download and access all of these features for free. The only costs you’ll incur are for the SSL certificate, hosting, and other factors you deem essential.
Business owners need developer skills to use Prestashop, as the interface is highly technical and requires a certain level of expertise. Additionally, customer support is expensive. You only get a few hours of support, but it costs $250/month and goes up from there.
Instamojo facilitates online stores for very small companies. They have a variety of stores that are ready to go right away. They all come with features and marketing tools crucial to smooth operations. There are shopping services, an integrated payment system, and more. Within five minutes, you can have a fully operational business.
The drawbacks to Instamojo are that they will charge you five percent of all your sales as part of their service fees. They only process customer payments in Indian Rupees, and the overall features have limits regarding receiving payments.
When you sign up with CoreCommerce, you’re signing up for extensive customizations and flexibility for your business. You’ll be able to manage products, sales, promotions, pull reports, and more.
The primary disadvantage of using CoreCommerce is that it’s challenging to set up and customize this software. If you don’t have previous experience with web development, you’ll struggle to get up and running.
Sellfy is one of the better eCommerce platforms that allows you to create an online store with a unique theme that perfectly reflects your business. You can change the colors, layout, logo, and more to your liking. It’s easy to set up and use, and you have adequate customer support should you run into issues.
The downside is that there aren’t many integration options, so you will inevitably have to pay more to get the applications you want and need to run your business optimally. Also, the SEO capability is restrictive, and your site will run slower.
Other Products Relevant to eCommerce Platforms
The following platforms and resources are relevant to eCommerce platforms in terms of enhancing their functionality or being an essential factor you need for a better product.
- Best Managed WordPress Hosts: Many eCommerce stores run on a WordPress website. Knowing the best-managed WordPress hosts, you can select the best option with the most features to help you create an efficient website that you can transform into an eCommerce site should you choose to.
- Best Free Blogging Sites: Frequently, blogging is an excellent way to spread the word and connect with your customers. Here are the best free blogging sites to help you get started building an audience.
- Best Blogging Tools: The best blogging tools will help you with better SEO results, which can help your page rank higher. Check out these features to enhance your content.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the responses to the most commonly asked questions regarding eCommerce platforms:
What are the 3 types of eCommerce?
Business-to-business (B2B), consumer-to-consumer (C2C), and business-to-consumer (B2C) are the three types of commerce.
B2B indicates wholesale transactions from one business to another, C2C occurs when one consumer sells to another, like on eBay (you can also sell on Etsy), and B2C is when a business sells directly to a consumer.
What is the best eCommerce Platform for startups?
The best eCommerce platform for startups would be Shopify with their basic plan, Weebly because it’s budget-friendly, Big Cartel because it doesn’t cost you anything, and it’s perfect for small businesses.
An eCommerce store can be expensive, but it doesn’t have to be. From platforms that won’t break the bank to costlier options, these are the best eCommerce platforms on the market.
Shopify and BigCommerce come in at 1 and 2 because of the features, support, and ease of use regarding setup and configuration. However, be mindful that you may need a little more experience with BigCommerce.
Aside from that, they both offer free trials, have reasonably priced plans to get started, and provide customization features.
Download one of the eCommerce platforms today to build your brand and expand your business.