In the past, blogs were a means to spread the news and share thoughts.
But as technology advanced and people became more curious, we can now say that blogs rule the business world.
These days, everyone is looking to start their own blog, upgrade an existing blog, or monetize a blog.
But how can you create a blog with unique content that’s worthy of joining 600 million blogs worldwide?
The answer is to learn blogging, in two words: blogger books.
Blogging isn’t a simple hobby anymore. Instead, it’s a full-fledged business that isn’t easy to get into.
However, reading blogger books will put you on the right track and help you organize your thoughts.
That’s why we’ve reviewed the 12 best blogger books on the market.
Whether you want to learn more about search engine optimization, choosing blog content, or different marketing strategies, you’ll find a book that suits your needs
The Best Blogger Books (Overview)
We’ve included an overview of our top picks below. For detailed information on each pick, scroll down.
- ProBlogger – Best Overall
- How to Blog for Profit – Runner Up
- One Million Followers – Best for More Followers
- Blogging All-in-One for Dummies – Best for Beginners
- SEO 2022 – Best for SEO Professionals
- Everybody Writes – Best for Writers
- SEO Like I’m 5 – Best for SEO Beginners
- Atomic Habits – Best for Habit Formation
- The One Hour Content Plan – Best for Content Creators
- WordPress for Beginners 2022 – Best Introduction to WordPress
- Creative Confidence – Best for Unlocking Creative Potential
- Virtual Freedom – Best for Online Entrepreneurs
An Overview of Blogging Books
Before we jump right into the pros and cons of each book, we’ll give you a brief overview of blogging books and how they can help you.
What Is a Blogging Book?
A blogging book serves as a guide for people who want to start their own blogs.
It helps you know where and how to begin with detailed steps.
Some books talk about the blogging experience as a whole and how to start and monetize a blog.
Meanwhile, some books focus on specific skills, like content creation and SEO.
Why Are Blogging Books Important?
All highly successful bloggers agree that building a blog from scratch isn’t easy.
Getting your blog on the map takes patience, willpower, and hard work.
Aside from these, you’ll also need a solid plan, sufficient knowledge in the blogging field, and some skills.
That’s where the importance of blogging books shows.
Many people argue that you can learn these things online.
But having them compiled in one place will make your life easier and save you time and effort.
Not to forget, most blogging books include success stories from real-life influencers and content creators.
So you’ll have excellent references to get back to in specific situations.
The 12 Best Blogger Books in 2022
Here are the best blogger books to help you start a successful blogging journey.
1. ProBlogger – Best Overall
ProBlogger by Darren Rowse and Chris Garrett is your go-to book if you want to set up a profitable blog.
It’ll give you a headstart on your journey by helping you choose a topic, promote your blog, and build a successful business.
Not only that, but the book includes steps on how to earn revenue and use blogging tools to help your business flourish.
Name any problem that might face a beginner blogger, and ProBlogger will have the solution.
While it might be too long for some people, the more pages, the more beneficial information you get to know.
- Written by professional bloggers
- Focuses on getting income out of blogging
- Includes all steps you need to start a blog
- Features tips for blogging on different social media channels
- Has too many pages
ProBlogger is the best blogging book on our list for beginners who want to make an income out of their blogs.
2. How to Blog for Profit – Runner Up
How to Blog for Profit helps you through your transition from a hobbyist blogger to a professional one.
Ruth Soukup shares essential pieces of advice about creating content, growing an audience, and building a blog-based business from scratch.
She tells you how to start profiting from blogs and gives you options on how you can monetize your platform.
But what makes this book shine among other blogging books is its work smart, not hard strategy.
It gives you easy steps and strategies to start a successful blog without overwhelming you with unnecessary details.
But quite frankly, it’s best suited for new bloggers only.
- Focuses on profiting from blogs
- Gives you different strategies on how to monetize your platform
- Doesn’t include unnecessary details
- Gives you easy steps and strategies
- Doesn’t target professionals
How to Blog for Profit will give you a headstart on building a profitable blogging business with its easy-to-implement strategies and steps.
3. One Million Followers – Best for More Followers
In One Million Followers, Brendan Kane tells you how to stand out among bloggers and attract the largest number of followers possible.
The book takes you on a thrilling 30-day journey from creating content to building a brand.
It’ll tell you how to generate creative content and build a massive social following through easy-to-implement strategies.
However, it’s fair to say that it includes many repetitive ideas.
- Written by a professional digital strategist
- Focuses on gaining more followers
- Features interviews with professionals in the blogging field
- Includes easy-to-implement strategies
- Contains many repetitive ideas
If you want to gain more blog traffic in a short time, read One Million Followers, implement the strategies, and watch the number of your followers go up.
4. Blogging All-in-One for Dummies – Best for Beginners
Blogging All-in-One for Dummies is a detailed introduction to the world of blogging.
It’ll tell you how to use blogging tools and collaborate with other blogs to gain more traffic.
Also, the book will give you advice on how to enter the field of niche blogging and make an income out of it.
Not to forget, it’ll help you choose a domain name and give you important details about Tumblr, WordPress, and other platforms.
What we love most about this book is that it has everything a beginner should know about blogging.
But it doesn’t do much for professionals because it only includes basics.
- Contains everything beginners should know about blogging
- Covers various topics
- Teaches you how to use blogging tools
- Includes a detailed introduction to niche blogging
- Contains basics of blogging only
Blogging All-in-One for Dummies is your gate to the blogging world with its detailed instructions and rich information about various blogging topics.
5. SEO 2022 – Best for SEO Professionals
Having sufficient SEO knowledge will help you build a successful blog faster, and SEO 2022 has everything you need to know in this field.
The book will give you many SEO techniques that you can try to upgrade your blog.
It’ll also help you attract an audience and rank high on Google.
And the best part?
It has valuable content for everybody, ranging from beginners to professionals.
Last but not least, the book has video tutorials and instructions for detail-oriented people.
The catch is that SEO 2022 might be overwhelming for beginners who don’t have a background on the topic.
- Benefits both beginners and professionals
- Helps you rank high on Google
- Includes video tutorials and detailed steps
- Contains various SEO techniques
- Might overwhelm beginners
SEO 2022 is a solid choice if you have a light background on the topic and want to upgrade it by learning different techniques on how to rank your blog on Google.
6. Everybody Writes – Best for Writers
It’s no secret that unique and well-written content will help your online business thrive.
That’s why having Everybody Writes in your library is essential.
It’ll help you improve your writing skills if you have the patience to go through all of its pages, but how?
The book gives you easy grammar rules and teaches you how to tell a story in a fun, lighthearted way.
If you aren’t a writing fan, it’ll change your idea about the skill.
It also advises you on how to write credible content and gain the trust of your customers.
Last, it tells you everything you need to know about content tools that you can use to make writing easier.
- Focuses on writing
- Includes easy grammar and language rules
- Helps you create trustworthy content
- Gives you info about various content tools
- Has too many pages
Getting Everybody Writes is the right way to go if you want to learn everything you need to know about writing unique content for your blog.
7. SEO Like I’m 5 – Best for SEO Beginners
SEO Like I’m 5 checks all boxes as a successful blogging book for search engine optimizers.
Not limited only to bloggers and content creators, the book has enough information for marketing professionals, online business owners, celebrities, and developers.
It gives you an introduction to SEO and tells you where to start.
Then, it gives you the names of platforms that you can use to build a search-friendly blog. But the best is yet to come.
SEO Like I’m 5 includes important content about improving your website’s technical performance, building a solid content strategy, and attracting backlinks.
It also has screenshots and step-by-step instructions.
The only downside is that the book doesn’t dive deep into various SEO techniques.
So you might not benefit from it if you already have sufficient knowledge in the field.
- Benefits bloggers, marketers, entrepreneurs, and more
- Includes names of helpful SEO platforms
- Helps you build a search-friendly blog
- Contains screenshots and step-by-step instructions
- Doesn’t include in-depth content about SEO techniques
If you want to put your blog on the map and rank on various search engines, read SEO Like I’m 5 to better understand the field and implement its strategies.
8. Atomic Habits – Best for Habit Formation
Although not focused on blogging, Atomic Habits will help you develop good habits that’ll, in turn, make you a better blogger.
The book teaches you how to set goals and break complex steps into small achievable ones.
It also motivates you to work on your goals and helps you design a suitable work environment.
On a side note, it includes true stories from business owners, artists, Olympic medalists, and more about how working on their habits helped them thrive.
To summarize, if you want to get into all the blogging success around you but can’t bring yourself to start, get this motivating book.
- Helps you develop good habits
- Teaches you how to set goals and achieve them
- Motivates you
- Includes real stories from worldwide goal achievers
- Doesn’t focus on blogging-related content
Atomic Habits will give you the push you need to start your own business, set the right goals, and build good habits.
9. The One Hour Content Plan – Best for Content Creators
The One Hour Content Plan is the key to generating unique content ideas.
If you struggle with writing and often feel overwhelmed, it’s your go-to book.
It introduces you to five types of content that’ll help you sell your products.
Not only that, but it also tells you about eight essential elements of how to write a successful blog post.
The book includes crucial information about writing and keeping your blog alive with different content ideas.
But it focuses on creating content.
So if you want to learn about blogging overall, it isn’t the right choice for you.
- Includes introductions to five content types
- Helps you generate content ideas
- Gives you actionable advice on how to write successful posts
- Focuses solely on creating content
If you’re running out of content ideas for your blog posts and want to refresh your content creation knowledge, read The One Hour Content Plan.
10. WordPress for Beginners 2022 – Best Introduction to WordPress
WordPress for Beginners 2022 is the ultimate guide to building a successful WordPress blog.
It’ll make you a professional blogger in no time with its myriad of topics.
The book will teach you how to set up web hosting, install WordPress, use RSS feeds, and use the media library.
On top of that, it’ll tell you what plugins to use and the types of sites you can build.
Our favorite part about this book is that it covers the latest version of WordPress.
It also includes a web page through which you can get free updates if any new versions are released.
However, it’s fair to warn you that it doesn’t have the best book design, so it might not be easy on your eye.
- Includes tutorials for nearly every action on WordPress
- Includes names of plugins
- Covers the latest version of WordPress
- Doesn’t have a comfortable layout
WordPress for Beginners 2022 will teach you how to build a successful WordPress blog in detail.
11. Creative Confidence – Best for Unlocking Creative Potential
Blogging requires new ideas, but what if you aren’t confident in your abilities to generate creative content?
Creative Confidence will help you unlock your creative potential, which is something every aspiring blogger should learn.
The book will cancel any idea you have about creativity being genetic.
Instead, it includes detailed strategies for developing and using this particular skill at work.
What we love most about this book is that it contains real stories from students who learned how to be creative by reading it.
It’s also told in a fun, lighthearted tone that’ll compel you to finish it.
The only thing this book lacks is more depth in the blogging field.
- Helps you generate creative content
- Includes detailed strategies for unlocking creative potential
- Contains real stories and projects
- Written in a fun tone
- Lacks depth
Creative Confidence is the key to unlocking your creative potential and generating unique content.
12. Virtual Freedom – Best for Online Entrepreneurs
Running a blogging business by yourself isn’t a piece of cake, and Chris Ducker teaches you how to make it easy for yourself in Virtual Freedom.
The book focuses on online entrepreneurs who have the option to hire virtual employees.
It shows you how, by doing so, you’ll be able to support and grow your business better than before.
The book handles all hiring stages, from looking for employees to training and managing them.
We can’t emphasize its importance enough for people who own online businesses.
You should know it was published in 2014. So some technical information might be outdated for you.
- Benefits online entrepreneurs
- Teaches you how to delegate to other people
- Gives you advice on hiring, training, and managing virtual employees
- Written by an expert virtual CEO
- Contains outdated technology and software information
If you’re aiming for the stars and want to build a virtual blogging business, Virtual Freedom will show you how to do so with the help of virtual employees.
To Wrap Up
Do you want to kick-start your blogging journey and build a thriving blog?
If so, take a look at our picks of the best blogging books on the market.
ProBlogger took first place on our list because of its rich content.
It contains all the information you might need for starting a blog and promoting it on social media platforms.
It also has detailed steps, making it ideal for beginners.
How to Blog for Profit came a close second.
It’ll make you a successful blogger with its blog monetizing strategies and easy steps.
So what are you waiting for?
Choose your favorite book from our list of recommendations, and start your blog now!