4 Incredible Tips to Build a Profitable Blog that Makes Money
Our website is supported by our users. We sometimes earn affiliate links when you click through the affiliate links on our websiteContact us for Questions
Building a better blog isn’t easy.
90% of the people quit blogging within their first 3 months of the journey.
And we all know thousands of new blogs are going live each and every single day. So it’s highly impossible for someone with zero online reputation to build a profitable blog.
We read top blogs to know what’s working for them and what’s not. If you are wondering how to create a successful blog from the scratch, this post is for you.
Building a popular blog isn’t rocket science.
If you look at any popular blog in your niche, you will easily notice one thing: they get a lot of shares, incoming links, and traffic to their blog posts.
If you want to build a profitable blog, follow the same wheel! Here I’m going to share few incredible tips that will help you create a successful blog. Let’s dive into the details now.
Increase your website traffic
Popular blogs get lots of traffic from search engines. If you want to build a great blog, focus on increasing your website search traffic.
Just in case if you’re interested, here’s a great list of most popular Indian blogs including the blog owner, Alexa and PageRank.
Here are few surefire ways to increase your overall blog traffic.
- Focus on increasing your social shares. The more people who share your content on social media sites like Facebook and twitter the more people visit your sites. So make sure to write great headlines that persuade people to click on your links. Also, provide easy ways to share your blog posts.
- Use long tail keywords and always do keyword research before writing your blog posts. Search engine optimization is the key to increasing your site traffic and it can’t be done without focusing on keywords.
- Start writing posts for other blogs in your niche and engage with your peers to increase your online reputation.
- Blog commenting is the evergreen way to let others easily find your blog. Find out the blogs that use CommentLuv plugin and start commenting on them. Don’t write one or two liner comments, always leave thoughtful comments if you want to increase your website traffic.
Reach out to more people
Networking is the key when it comes to building a profitable blog online. No one will buy stuff from you if they don’t know you. The only way to increase your brand awareness and sales is through networking.
Reach out every influencer in your niche. Connect with them, build relationships and frequently share their stuff on social media networks.
Here are few networking strategies you can use to build relationships with other bloggers.
- Attend webinars and join seminars if they’re happening around your place.
- Start participating in forum discussions. Blogging forums are crowded heavily with other bloggers. That’s where you need to start connecting with others to networking.
- Use twitter to your benefit. Find and follow all the influencers in your niche. Comment and frequently retweet their stuff to grab their attention.
- Email people when you find something awesome. Or if you find a broken link on any site, let them know through email. This way you’ll make stronger relationships in the long run.
Launch your own products
Selling information products is the surefire way to make passive income from blogs. Unfortunately, most bloggers don’t focus on creating passive income streams they rather focus on quick earning methods.
If you want to build a better blog that makes money, launch products that help people to solve their problems.
While launching your own information products, keep the following things in mind to get more sales.
- One of the most effective ways to increase your digital product sales is to build a specific list of email subscribers who are interested in your products and who are ready to buy stuff from you.
- Take help from the people who are already making money by selling information products.
- Give commission to the people who promote your products on their blogs. Give up to 80% affiliate commission for every successful sale.
Build your own email list
Email list is perhaps the best asset anyone can build. Ask any successful blogger their biggest mistake in online, most of them will say, “I didn’t build an email list from day 1”. And if you look at top bloggers and analyze their income reports (Example, Pat Flynn), you’ll notice that their major earnings come from by leveraging the power of their email list.
If you want to build a successful blog, make sure to integrate email list from the beginning. Offer an incentive to boost your email sign ups and make sure to add value to the people by sending them useful newsletters often. Don’t pitch your products too often or your subscribers end up unsubscribing from your email lists.
Here are few effective list building tips to boost your email sign ups.
- Bribe your visitors with a freebie. Freebies like eBooks, videos, infographics etc. attract a lot of people to signing up to your email lists.
- Use content upgrades to attract the right people to your email list. Offer a freebie that is relevant to your blog post or turn your post into PDF and make it easy for download. This way you can effectively build your list.
- Use landing pages as they provide less distraction to the visitors. So you will get more conversions on your email list.
- Showcase testimonials as social proof can instantly build credibility. This helps you easily turn people into subscribers.
Creating a profitable blog from scratch is not impossible if you are really passionate about helping people. It’s all about considering blogging as a medium to reach out more people and spreading your message.
Consistency is another important factor that determines your blogging success. If you’re willing to put extra hours in taking your blog to the next level, you’ll find out more opportunities. That’s how you become a pro at blogging and marketing.
Let me know if you’ve any more strategies that will help anyone build a profitable blog that makes money.
Anil Agarwal blogs at Bloggers Passion where he is writing about topics related to blogging, SEO, affiliate marketing and email marketing. You can connect with Anil Agarwal on Google Plus here.