Fiverr is a leading portal for hiring freelancers worldwide.
Over 3.42 million buyers in 160 countries used Fiverr in 2020 to outsource work.
Outsourcing services is highly beneficial for small businesses. It enables them to get a job done at cheaper rates.
A Clutch survey revealed that 37% of small businesses outsource at least one operation.
So, without any ado, let’s learn how to outsource on Fiverr.
- What’s Outsourcing on Fiverr?
- When to Outsource on Fiverr?
- When Not to Outsource on Fiverr?
- Which Skills Can You Outsource on Fiverr?
- Why is Fiverr a Better Platform to Hire Freelancers?
- How to Outsource on Fiverr in Easy Steps? (+ Helpful Tips)
- Additional Resources to Hire a Professional on Fiverr
- Let’s Outsource on Fiverr Now!
What’s Outsourcing on Fiverr?
Outsourcing on Fiverr means hiring a freelancer from Fiverr for a certain task or job.
Fiverr has a large pool of freelancers offering services in various niches like virtual assistants, graphic designers, etc.
Fiverr is a quick and safe way to outsource your work to a professional freelancer.
When to Outsource on Fiverr?
Here are some telltale signs to know when you should outsource services from Fiverr:
- Your in-house staff can’t keep up with the increased demand.
- Your employees have to pull long shifts and step into different roles.
- Errors are often reported by your clients, causing a huge financial loss.
- The budget is tighter to hire a full-time employee.
- Shortage of talent in your area or can’t find the best candidates for a specific role.
- You have taken more than your team can handle.
- Your routine operations aren’t getting done on time.
When Not to Outsource on Fiverr?
Outsourcing is time-saving and cost-effective, but yet you can’t outsource everything. There are a few specific situations when you shouldn’t outsource on Fiverr, such as:
- Need to maintain intensive work quality.
- Risk of leaking confidential business information.
- Less room for flexibility or want a quick turnaround.
- Need to maintain a certain brand image.
- Some sort of legal liability is present in the task.
Which Skills Can You Outsource on Fiverr?
Fiverr has several categories and subcategories for outsourcing services. Though the best services that you can outsource on Fiverr are:
- Freelance writing services — blogging, speechwriting, website content, etc.
- Design and development services — logo designing, website development, etc.
- Video and animation services — video editing, campaigns, 3D product videos, etc.
- Programming and tech services — WordPress development, web programming, etc.
Why is Fiverr a Better Platform to Hire Freelancers?
- Affordability. Fiverr sells services for $5. Of course, not every service is cheap, but most services are cheaper on Fiverr than other platforms.
- Easy-to-use. The Fiverr interface is simple to navigate. New users can find their way around Fiverr easier.
- Quick outsourcing. Unlike other outsourcing platforms, no need to find and interview several candidates for a small gig on Fiverr. Instead, freelancers have all the services listed on Fiverr — just choose a service and get your work done.
- Passive income. Fiverr has a great affiliate program that can make you $15-$150 as a referral commission. It is an easy way for bloggers or publishers to make extra money.
How to Outsource on Fiverr in Easy Steps? (+ Helpful Tips)
Fiverr is a freelancer marketplace. You can find numerous freelancers with good ratings and reviews on Fiverr.
But, finding the right fit freelancer can take time. Even if you find one, negotiations can take ages.
Most freelancers work on their own terms and schedules. So, it is pure luck and hunting to find a perfect person to outsource your work.
I have compiled a list of tips that helped me find the right person on Fiverr. So, here’s how to outsource on Fiverr faster:
1. Be Clear About Your Needs
Fiverr can only help you if you know what you want.
You need to define your outsourcing requirements so you can search for the right gig on Fiverr.
For instance, when I searched for “Copywriting Services” on Fiverr, it pulled 7,567 results in the category.
It can take forever to screen that many potential freelancers.
To solve this problem, Fiverr has added different search filters to narrow your research.
After defining your needs, you can use all these filters and screen only relevant accounts.
For instance, I used these filters to narrow my search for copywriting services:
- Category — Sales Copy
- Seller Details — Top Rated, US Resident and Native English Speaker
- Sales Options — English
- Budget — Mid-range
- Delivery Time — Up to 3 Days
That leaves me with 1 potential freelancer.
It will take less time to screen a profile than thousands to find a suitable freelancer.
So, I advise you to document your task step-by-step and define all your requirements before shopping for freelancers on Fiverr.
2. Deep Profile Screening
After narrowing down your services on Fiverr, it’s time to screen each profile.
You can cross-check each profile with the criteria that you jotted down earlier.
Though these are some crucial things you must check before outsourcing on Fiverr:
Check Gig Description
Read the gig description twice to ensure you get what you want. If you need to clarify anything, Fiverr lets you also contact the seller.
Check the Seller’s Level
Fiverr has an excellent rating system. It categorizes sellers into 4 tiers based on their experience on Fiverr, such as:
- The Seller is a new profile on Fiverr.
- Level 1 and Level 2 unlock after completing a couple of successful orders on Fiverr.
- Fiverr picks Top Rated Sellers based on strict factors like client communication and satisfaction.
Check Reviews and Ratings
Previous buyers can rate and review sellers after the order completion on Fiverr. It can help you learn work quality and ethics before placing your order.
3. Test a Seller
A Fiverr profile can help you understand a lot about a freelancer. But, to know whether a person is perfect for your company or project, you must work with him or her.
The best approach here is to select 2-3 freelancers that meet your requirements and give them the same task.
It is a bit of an investment, but it can help you quickly outsource work in the long run.
You can tap the “heart” icon to add a profile to your test list.
It can also help you create a bucket list of your favorite sellers on Fiverr.
4. Go Through Pricing Plans
Not all jobs cost $5 on Fiverr. Depending on your delivery timeline, Fiverr charges, or other requirements, prices can vary.
When you select a gig on Fiverr, you can see how much it will cost you to exact.
Some sellers even have packages that you can choose based on your requirements.
As you can see in this image, the price varies depending on your needs.
If you are first-time working with a seller, always go with a basic plan.
You can also message the seller to negotiate a bit.
There is also an option on Fiverr to compare prices. It can help you pick the best seller within your budget.
Fiverr is cheaper, but not all services are available for $5.
5. Get a Custom Gig
Competition on Fiverr is furious. But, many sellers don’t mind bending a bit to score a good-paying client. So, contact sellers to get customized services.
If you don’t have a particular seller in mind, Fiverr also allows you to request a gig so that anyone can respond to your requirements.
Ensure you write down your requirements clearly, so you don’t have to waste time with the wrong sellers.
Plus, ensure a daily routine to check your Fiverr account to connect with potential freelancers on time. Finally, don’t take too much time to respond to interested candidates.
Additional Resources to Hire a Professional on Fiverr
Besides the above tips, Bloggingtips has a few other resources to help you outsource on Fiverr. Do check these articles as well:
- How to Outsource Content Creation: Explore how to outsource content creation services to find the best content writers on Fiverr.
- How to Outsource Blog Writing: Learn how to outsource blog writing services on Fiverr within your budget.
- How to Outsource to Virtual Assistants: Looking for a virtual assistant to manage your workflow? Then, the how to outsource to virtual assistants guide can help you.
Let’s Outsource on Fiverr Now!
I hope you find this ‘how to outsource on Fiverr’ guide helpful. I attempted to answer all the questions you might have while hiring a freelancer on Fiverr.
Fiverr is also a self-explanatory platform. Once you create a buyer account on Fiverr, finding your way around the platform is easy.
But if you have any doubts or concerns, shout out in the comment box below. The Bloggingtips community will try its best to help you out.
And if you enjoy using the platform, try out the Fiverr affiliate program to make money referring people to the platform.
That’s it for now! I hope you find the best seller on Fiverr soon.