Looking for a new affiliate program to join?
Look no further than the Robinhood affiliate program.
The commission-free stock trading and investing app has something for everyone, and its affiliate program is no different.
In this article, we give you an overview of the Robinhood affiliate program, along with ideas about how to offer it on your blog.
We also tell you how to join the program so you can start earning commissions today.
- Robinhood Affiliate Program at a Glance
- Does Robinhood Have an Affiliate Program?
- What Products Can You Promote for the Robinhood Affiliate Program?
- What Products Are Excluded From the Robinhood Affiliate Program?
- How Much Do Robinhood Affiliates Make?
- How Long Does the Robinhood Cookie Last?
- How Do You Get Paid From Robinhood?
- What Marketing Materials and Promotional Tools Are Available?
- Who Should Join the Robinhood Affiliate Program?
- Is the Robinhood Affiliate Program Worth It?
- How To Join the Robinhood Affiliate Program
- Does Robinhood Support the Affiliate Program?
- How To Make Money With the Robinhood Affiliate Program
- Alternatives to the Robinhood Affiliate Program
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Wrapping Up
Robinhood Affiliate Program at a Glance
Here are some facts about the Robinhood affiliate program to get you started.
- Cost Per Action (CPA): $5 per lead
- Commission Rate: $20 per account
- Cookie Duration: 30 days
- Payment Payout Threshold: $50
- Payment Options: Bank account or PayPal
Does Robinhood Have an Affiliate Program?
Yes, Robinhood has an affiliate program that you can sign up for.
The Robinhood affiliate program is available to niche website owners, bloggers, and social media influencers who want to promote the app on their platforms.
What Is the Robinhood Affiliate Program?
The Robinhood affiliate program allows bloggers and influencers to earn income by sharing the Robinhood app with their followers.
For example, bloggers who want to make money with Robinhood can direct their blog’s visitors via blog posts to click on affiliate links.
Influencers typically promote and advertise their products on social media.
How Does the Robinhood Affiliate Program Work?
To get started with the Robinhood affiliate program, you first need to create an account with the company.
After signing up, you will receive your unique affiliate link to post on your blog or social media.
If somebody clicks on your affiliate link and opens an account from the Robinhood website, you earn a commission.
You can also receive commissions by sending leads to Robinhood.
Is the Robinhood Affiliate Program Free?
The Robinhood affiliate program is free to join.
You can create an account by applying as an affiliate on the Robinhood website.
While there is no monetary requirement to join the affiliate program, you will need to invest time in educating your audience on why the Robinhood app fits their needs.
What Products Can You Promote for the Robinhood Affiliate Program?
Robinhood allows you to promote its app while focusing on five main categories offered to customers when they open up a Robinhood account.
Let’s look at these categories to understand the features and benefits to sell to your prospects.
Along with other checking accounts for small businesses, your Robinhood customers can start earning a higher interest rate on their uninvested cash reserves.
Tell prospects about the Robinhood Gold option that pays over 20% more than the national average savings rate.
You can help your followers earn 3.75% of the money they already have sitting in checking and savings accounts.
Earn Income Via Stock Lending
With “stock lending,” your followers can start earning income on the stocks they already own.
When someone borrows a stock from somebody else, they have to pay a fee.
That fee goes to the person who owns the stock (i.e., your follower).
Robinhood does all the work of finding those borrowers who will help your customers make more money.
Start Investing in Stocks, ETFs, and Options
The Robinhood app is a commission-free stock trading platform that your followers can use to buy and sell stocks, ETFs, and options.
They don’t have to pay any fees to get started, and they can start with as little as $1.
Invest in Crypto
With Robinhood, your followers can start buying and selling cryptocurrency.
They can buy Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, and other digital assets.
Once again, they can begin with as little as $1 without paying the fees charged by other crypto exchanges.
Use the Robinhood Cash Card
While many credit cards for startups exist, you might want to sell your prospects into the Robinhood app by showing them the Robinhood cash card.
The cash card is a debit card that offers rewards for spending.
When customers use the card, they get a percentage back on every purchase they make.
Other Things You Can Promote With This Program
In addition to promoting the main features of the Robinhood app, you can also sell your audience the education provided by Robinhood.
The company puts out a newsletter called “Snacks.” Additionally, the company offers its “Investing 101” courses.
You won’t get paid to promote Robinhood’s free education.
However, use them to convert more people into buying the app.
What Products Are Excluded From the Robinhood Affiliate Program?
Robinhood doesn’t exclude anything from the affiliate program.
You will receive payments on a per-lead basis or when your prospects fund their accounts.
How Much Do Robinhood Affiliates Make?
The amounts of income for bloggers who choose to promote Robinhood will vary.
The amount of money you make from Robinhood affiliates will differ compared to other affiliates due to the size and reach of your blog, how many sales you produce, and your conversion rate.
If you’re an affiliate marketer, look at your affiliate promotions in the same manner you would when running a business where you sell proprietary products.
Work hard to provide better offers than other Robinhood affiliates do.
Doing so will differentiate you in the market and help you earn more commissions.
Robinhood Affiliate Program Commission Rates
The Robinhood commission rate works differently than other affiliate programs.
ClickBank is full of profitable programs, for example, that offer specific percentages on the sales generated by your affiliate business.
For instance, you might sell a ClickBank course priced at $1000.
If the vendor pays you a 40% commission, you will receive a $400 commission on every course sale.
Per Lead Commission
You can run lead generation campaigns to make money with the Robinhood affiliate program.
In this scenario, you will drive traffic from your social media platforms or blog with the intent of producing leads for Robinhood.
You don’t need to convert any sales. Instead, Robinhood will pay you $5 per lead.
The second way to earn commissions with Robinhood is to convert your audience into Robinhood app sales.
Robinhood will pay you $20 each time one of your followers opens up a funded account.
How Long Does the Robinhood Cookie Last?
The Robinhood affiliate cookie lasts for 30 days.
This cookie means you can get a prospect to click one of your affiliate links today.
Even if they don’t convert into a lead or sale until 30 days from now, you will still receive the affiliate credit.
How Do You Get Paid From Robinhood?
Robinhood hired Impact to run its affiliate program.
Impact helps with creating payouts for affiliates by tracking affiliate commissions and generating affiliate links.
To figure out how much you’ve earned and when you’ll get paid, log into your Impact affiliate dashboard.
Choose to have your payments deposited either into a PayPal or bank account.
Select your payment threshold at the same time.
When your account reaches $50, Impact and Robinhood will allow commission payments.
You can also select a higher threshold if you’d rather receive fewer high-paying deposits.
When Does Robinhood Pay Affiliates?
Robinhood will compensate you in two payment periods, as determined by Impact.
There is an action locking and payment scheduling period.
When Impact locks your commissions, those commissions will soon go into your account.
You will receive a monthly payment for any locked commissions earned during the previous month.
What Marketing Materials and Promotional Tools Are Available?
Robinhood gives you every marketing and promotional tool you would expect inside a professional affiliate account.
After logging into your Impact affiliate dashboard, you will discover many assets and information.
These tools include the following:
- Banners of various sizes
- Text links
- Customer support access
- Access to a link generator
- Custom affiliate landing pages
- Monthly newsletters with updates on the program
- Product images
Impact also gives you analytical reports that help you track your marketing results and optimize your campaigns.
The data reports show your conversions, traffic sources, and other key numbers inside your affiliate business.
Use this information to take corrective action with your marketing strategies.
Who Should Join the Robinhood Affiliate Program?
If your target market is a match for what Robinhood offers, you should join their affiliate program.
Let’s look at each influencer category that can make money as a Robinhood affiliate.
If you have a website in the investment niche, you should consider joining the Robinhood affiliate program.
You can write blog posts and reviews about Robinhood’s stock trading app.
Use your affiliate links inside your content to drive conversions.
Social Media Influencers
As a social media influencer, you have several opportunities to make money from the Robinhood affiliate program.
You can post about Robinhood on your social media platforms, use Instagram stories, or even create YouTube videos.
If you have a significant following, you should successfully drive conversions and earn a decent income from the program.
Personal Finance Bloggers
As a personal finance blogger, you’re an ideal candidate for the Robinhood affiliate program.
You can talk about how to use Robinhood to save money on stock trading fees.
You can also review Robinhood’s mobile app and give your readers an honest opinion.
If you have a large following, you might even successfully make a full-time income from the Robinhood affiliate program.
Is the Robinhood Affiliate Program Worth It?
You might wonder whether it’s truly worth it to join the Robinhood affiliate program.
One way to decide is to review the advantages and disadvantages of the program.
Pros of the Robinhood Affiliate Program
Here’s an overview of the program’s best features:
- Lead Revenue: Most affiliate programs require you to close the sale. You can make money by simply driving your traffic to Robinhood’s landing pages and generating leads. It’s typically easier to create leads than to generate sales.
- Robust tracking and Reporting: You need good data to run a successful affiliate business. Thankfully, Robinhood provides you with all the analytics you need to track your advertising campaigns.
- Wide Variety of Creative Assets: Robinhood gives you banners, text links, product images, and even custom landing pages. You have everything you need to create a successful marketing campaign.
- Easy To Sell: Robinhood’s app is easy to sell because it’s commission-free. And it’s a popular product in a growing industry. Most people already want to invest. You can position your Robinhood offer in front of them and earn a generous income.
- Frequent Promotional Opportunities: Robinhood gives you regular promotions and bonuses that you can use to drive conversions. These promotional opportunities keep your campaigns fresh and help you earn more money.
Cons of the Robinhood Affiliate Program
Here are a few drawbacks of the program:
- Commission Rates: Although Robinhood’s commission rate is fair, it is not one of the highest-paying affiliate programs. You will need to generate a lot of traffic to close enough sales to make a large income.
- Affiliate Agreement: Impact uses a 12-month affiliate agreement. In one sense, it locks you in with a firm affiliate relationship for the year. On the other hand, what happens if you soar to the top of the affiliate board? You can’t negotiate a higher commission.
- Impact’s Offers: You will discover that Impact offers hundreds of offers to you as an affiliate. If you’re not careful, you could become distracted by selling too many offers at once.
- Proprietary Software: If you own a more mature business, you might use proprietary apps or software to integrate your affiliate links. Be aware that affiliates outside of the United States often need to set up multiple Impact accounts, which can affect your API process.
- Competition: The personal finance niche is highly competitive. You will need to work hard to stand out from the other bloggers and podcasters in your niche.
Conclusion: Is the Robinhood Affiliate Program Worth It?
Overall, it is worth it to use the Robinhood affiliate program.
Its analytics and sales conversion process makes it easy to run profitable campaigns.
How To Join the Robinhood Affiliate Program
The Robinhood affiliate program is easy to join.
Although it is a simple process, there are a couple of things to know to ease you into selling for Robinhood.
Requirements To Join the Robinhood Affiliate Program
The first thing you must do is fill out Robinhood’s affiliate application.
Before accepting you into the program, Robinhood wants to learn everything it can about you and your affiliate business.
It wants to see information regarding your social media platforms, target audience, and blog traffic numbers.
How To Apply [Step-by-Step Tutorial]
You can’t get any affiliate links inside an Impact account until the Robinhood team accepts you into its program.
To get their approval, sign up using the form on the Robinhood website.
Take these steps to do so.
- Step 1: Go to the Robinhood affiliate page.
- Step 2: Read about the perks and other affiliate program basics.
- Step 3: Click on the “Apply Now” button.
- Step 4: On the next page, fill out the required information.
- Step 5: Select your company name and language.
- Step 6: Enter your website, business region, and banking country.
- Step 7: Enter your currency and timezone.
- Step 8: Enter your address and phone number.
- Step 9: Enter partnership type (i.e., content creator or health publication).
- Step 10: Click on “Continue” to enter your email address.
- Step 11: Fill out your tax information.
- Step 12: Review your application and click on the “Submit” button.
The Robinhood team will review your application.
If you’re approved, your next step involves setting up an account on the Impact website.
- Step 1: Click the “Find Brand Partners” button on the Impact home page.
- Step 2: Use your desired sign-up method (Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, email, and more).
- Step 3: Input your name and username.
- Step 4: Input your email address and password.
- Step 5: Input your phone number.
- Step 6: Read the disclosures.
- Step 7: Click on “Get Started.”
How Long Does It Take To Get Approved for the Robinhood Affiliate Program?
Robinhood says it will review your application within two days.
After that, you can sign up at Impact to begin your first affiliate promotion.
Does Robinhood Support the Affiliate Program?
Yes, Robinhood offers support to all of its affiliates.
You can reach out to their team with any questions you have about the program.
Don’t forget that Impact offers a support team as well.
How To Make Money With the Robinhood Affiliate Program
Joining the Robinhood affiliate program is only the beginning of your journey.
It’s time to start making some money. Let’s explore the different ways you can do so.
Promote the Robinhood App
You can only make passive income by promoting the Robinhood app.
For every person that downloads and signs up for the app, you’ll earn a commission.
As previously mentioned, you will receive a $20 commission after they fund the account.
Use Opt-in Landing Pages
When promoting the Robinhood app, you’ll want to use an opt-in landing page.
It is a page where people can enter their information to get on your email list.
Use a lead magnet to incentivize people to sign up for your list.
A lead magnet is something of value that you offer for free in exchange for someone’s contact information.
Email marketing is one of the most effective ways to promote the Robinhood app.
You can reach a large number of people with your message without spending a lot of money.
When emailing people on your list, include a CTA (call-to-action) that tells them to download the Robinhood app.
Social Media Marketing
Social media is another way to reach people and promote the Robinhood app.
You can use organic or paid methods.
Organic social media marketing involves creating content and posting it on your social media channels.
If you want to reach more people with your message, you can use paid social media ads.
Alternatives to the Robinhood Affiliate Program
Did you know you can join other financial affiliate programs to monetize your audience?
While Robinhood has a fantastic affiliate program, you may want to join more than one.
Try one of the following programs to add to your Robinhood income.
Webull Affiliate Program
Using the Webull affiliate program, you can earn a commission for every person that signs up and funds an account.
Webull is a trading platform that allows users to make real-time stock trades online or through an app.
Your Robinhood audience should find Webull attractive as well.
Coinbase Affiliate Program
The Coinbase affiliate program allows you to make money each time your referrals sign up for a Coinbase account.
You’ll also earn a commission when your prospects buy or sell digital currency on Coinbase.
Stripe Affiliate Program
The Stripe affiliate program is another way to monetize your personal finance audience.
When you refer someone to Stripe, and they sign up, you’ll earn a commission.
You can also earn commissions for referring people to Stripe Atlas, Stripe Capital, and Stripe Issuing.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you still have a few questions related to the Robinhood affiliate program?
Here are answers to two commonly asked questions.
Does Etrade have an affiliate program?
Yes, Etrade has an affiliate program.
You can sign up for the Etrade affiliate program through CJ Affiliate.
Similar to Impact, CJ Affiliate is an affiliate network.
Does Robinhood give you a free stock?
Although limitations do apply, Robinhood does give you a free stock when you open an approved account on its app.
It’s your choice to keep the stock or not.
If you decide to sell it, you must do so within two days.
The Robinhood affiliate program is an opportunity for bloggers and content marketers to make extra affiliate cash.
The products you can offer on your blog or website through the affiliate program are commission-free stock trading and investing.
It’s a unique way to promote financial literacy while building bigger blog income reports.