The Semrush affiliate program is an excellent option for marketers in the SaaS industry.
First, Semrush is an industry-leading all-in-one marketing platform that most digital marketing experts prefer, so it’s easy to promote.
Second, the affiliate program is one of the best high-paying and lucrative opportunities for bloggers and industry leaders.
- Semrush Affiliate Program at a Glance
- Does Semrush Have an Affiliate Program?
- What Products Can You Promote for the Semrush Affiliate Program?
- What Products Are Excluded From the Semrush Affiliate Program?
- How Much Do Semrush Affiliates Make?
- How Do You Get Paid From Semrush?
- What Marketing Materials and Promotional Tools Are Available?
- Who Should Join the Semrush Affiliate Program?
- Is the Semrush Affiliate Program Worth It?
- How to Join the Semrush Affiliate Program
- Does Semrush Support the Affiliate Program?
- How To Make Money With the Semrush Affiliate Program
- Alternatives to the Semrush Affiliate Program
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Wrapping Up
Semrush Affiliate Program at a Glance
Semrush offers people the chance to join their affiliate program.
Before diving into the details, here’s a quick overview of what you get working with the Semrush affiliate program.
- Cost per Action (CPA): Yes
- Commission Rate: $200 per sale, $10 per new lead, and $0.01 per new sign-up
- Cookie Duration: 120 days
- Payment Payout Threshold: $50
- Payment Options: PayPal, Electronic Funds Transfer
Does Semrush Have an Affiliate Program?
Semrush has an affiliate program active on Impact Radius.
Impact is a popular affiliate network managing programs for different brands.
After joining Impact.com, you can apply for the Semrush program and other brands in the network.
What Is the Semrush Affiliate Program?
The Semrush affiliate program runs on a cost-per-action opportunity for publishers.
Content creators, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) freelancers, and companies around the globe can promote the Semrush toolkit and make money for a successful referral.
You earn a commission when a referral registers on Semrush, signs up for a free trial, or makes their first purchase.
How Does the Semrush Affiliate Program Work?
You receive a unique affiliate link from the program.
Once visitors click the link, they’re redirected to the Semrush website.
Your referrals can browse the Semrush toolkit plans available.
You earn a commission if the visitors purchase any plan on the same day or within 120 days.
Is the Semrush Affiliate Program Free?
Joining the Semrush affiliate program is free.
However, you’ll need to register for the program through Impact Radius to get started.
Impact does not require an enrollment fee.
What Products Can You Promote for the Semrush Affiliate Program?
To make a good income from any affiliate program, you need a wonderful product, and that’s what you get with Semrush.
The company has over 40 different tools to create targeted content separately.
These tools help increase your traffic and improve conversions, building up to better sales and more commissions.
Some of the award-winning tools packed in the Semrush website tool set include:
1. Keyword Research
The Semrush keyword optimization tools have four parts:
- Keyword Magic
- Keyword Manager
- Keyword Overview
- Organic Traffic Insights
The keyword tool-set tells you the number of people looking up using a specific phrase, which word is popular, how to rank for it, the sites ranking for the keyword, and secondary replacements.
Semrush users can conduct keyword research to find out which phrases are most popular.
You can also get a hold of keywords competitor websites are using.
The Keyword Magic tool offers advanced filtering options to narrow down the list of phrases for your next campaign.
2. Website Audit
The Semrush site audit tool offers details of areas of a website that require attention, issues affecting marketing, and solutions.
The site audit tool can recommend solutions for common problems, including:
- The best keywords to use
- How to improve website body copy and meta description
- The length of content
- How to make a website appear as a featured snippet
- The best sites for backlinks
3. Backlink Analysis
Semrush boasts powerful backlink analysis and audit tools critical to creating a good link-building strategy.
The company owns one of the biggest backlink databases and offers a complete analysis report of links websites use.
The backlink tools also provide you with a view of:
- The top-level domains
- Backlink IP addresses
- Links for anchor texts
4. Domain Analysis
The domain analysis tool helps users judge their website’s performance and ranking based on SEO results.
Semrush domain analysis tool works by:
- Analyzing your site to check if SEO requires improvements
- Analyzing your competitor websites for performance and loopholes you can overcome to get ahead
Some metrics the tool offers include:
- Website monthly visitors
- Number of external links or backlinks
- Competing sites
- Links anchor texts
- Critical keywords for a website
- Advertising statistics
- High-performing keywords
- Authority score
5. Rank Tracking
Rank or position tracking helps monitor the performance of your website for keywords.
Semrush allows tracking the position of your website or that of your competitor.
You can also compare how your site is performing for specific keywords against those of a competitor.
After using the positions tracking feature in Semrush, the tool sends out regular emails regarding ranking progress and suggestions to get better ranks in your niche.
Other Things You Can Promote With This Program
In addition to the toolkits above, Semrush affiliates promote the company’s three standard plans and a flexible 100% enterprise package.
You can promote several Semrush discounts and promotions to your audience too, including a longer trial period.
Here’s what the Semrush pricing plans look like:
- Pro—Costs $119.95/mo offering small businesses and newbies up to five projects, tracking for 500 keywords, 10k results per report, SEO, social, and PPC tools.
- Guru—Costs $129.95/mo offering mid-size businesses and agencies up to 15 projects, tracking for 1,500 keywords, 30k results per report, all Pro features, and more.
- Business—Costs $149.95/mo offering larger businesses up to 40 projects, tracking for 5k keywords, 50k results per report, all Guru features, and more.
The free trial of Semrush is seven days for Pro and Guru accounts.
Users get full access for free to all features paid users are enjoying, but you have to provide card details.
You can also promote the free Semrush Academy platform.
What Products Are Excluded From the Semrush Affiliate Program?
Semrush does not exclude any of its products from the affiliate program currently.
However, you will not receive compensation for a sale if some clicks on another affiliate link after yours.
How Much Do Semrush Affiliates Make?
How much a blogger makes in the Semrush affiliate program depends on audience size and content quality.
The chances of securing a sale via clicks are much higher if your website has a high traffic rate.
For example, you refer 50 people to purchase the Pro plan.
You should expect to earn $10,000 at a $200 commission per sale rate.
The figures explain why Semrush is one of the best affiliate programs around—as long as you have the traffic.
Semrush Affiliate Program Commission Rates
Semrush pays well when it comes to commissions.
After all, it is in a profitable niche — software!
The company has multiple commission types, which increase the number of ways you can make money.
1. Earn $0.01 for Each Sign-Up
Each free Semrush account activation earns you $0.01c.
Affiliates earn when new users activate their Semrush Pro, Guru, or Business plans.
2. Earn $10 Per Trial Sign-up
You also get $10 for each trial activation without a purchase.
However, the commission is only available if your referral activates the Pro and Guru free trial offers.
3. Earn $200 per Subscription Sale
Affiliates make $200 per sale, regardless of the subscription plan the referral chooses.
However, Semrush operates on a last-click attribution model.
This means your referral link should be the last one a referral uses to sign up and pay for a package, or you won’t receive compensation.
How Long Does the Semrush Cookie Last?
The cookie for the Semrush affiliate program lasts about 120 full days, which is above average for most affiliate links.
You earn whenever someone uses your link to activate a trial or purchase a plan.
However, you don’t earn a commission if the person clicks on a different Semrush affiliate link after yours before activating or purchasing a plan.
How Do You Get Paid From Semrush?
A critical component of researching affiliate programs is understanding the payment process.
The Semrush affiliate program operates under the Impact Radius network.
Therefore, the payment methods available to you are PayPal, and Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) in the U.S.
Affiliates outside the U.S. also have the option of using the Bankers Automated Clearing Services (BACS) to receive their commissions in any currency they choose.
When Does Semrush Pay Affiliates?
The average time it takes for affiliates to get their earnings is about 21 days after the end of the month the activity occurs.
The duration allows Semrush and Impact Radius to verify and process the referral links.
Impact Radius allows you to set up payments to occur after reaching the minimum threshold or on a fixed day of the month.
Your commissions can roll over to the next month if you don’t meet the $50 payment threshold by the end of the pay period.
What Marketing Materials and Promotional Tools Are Available?
You don’t need to create marketing material once you sign up and are approved for the Semrush affiliate program.
The company offers you ebooks, widgets, landing pages, and banners to promote its services.
The promo material is available on your affiliate dashboard.
Choose your preferred promotional tools and material, copy the code, and start using it on your website.
The material also has customization options, so it blends well with your overall platform or site branding.
However, Semrush expects all affiliates to update the promotional materials at least once a year.
You can also not make misleading or false statements that are inconsistent with the materials the company makes available to you.
Who Should Join the Semrush Affiliate Program?
The Semrush affiliate program is an excellent way for bloggers to earn some cash, but it’s not for everyone.
Here are some people who should join the program.
Technology is forever changing, and new tech pieces are always replacing obsolete ones.
Millions of people enjoy reading tech blogs daily, and the niche continues to grow each year.
These types of publishers are a no-brainer when it comes to promoting SEO products like Semrush.
Blogs About Blogging
Business blogging is a critical part of any successful marketing strategy.
Bloggers about blogging offer their audience valuable information that makes blogging fun and easy.
The Semrush affiliate program is gold for these bloggers.
Go for it if you’re one of them.
Affiliate marketers promote products and services their followers need.
The Semrush affiliate program is excellent for an affiliate marketer to make money by promoting the tool to their audience.
Is the Semrush Affiliate Program Worth It?
Many features bring value to the Semrush affiliate program, but it also has a few downsides.
We evaluate the pros and cons that come with becoming a Semrush affiliate partner.
Pros of the Semrush Affiliate Program
- A wide range of tools: Semrush offers users a bundle of over 40 popular SEO tools, so you can market them to whatever audience you have in the digital marketing space. It is easier to promote the product because they get all the digital marketing tools they require in one place.
- Excellent rewards: Semrush offers a single payment of $200 per new subscription. While it’s not as enticing as recurring commissions, the system awards you a huge commission per sale. Plus, you earn $10 more for anyone who enrolls in the Semrush free trial using your affiliate link.
- Multiple contests: Semrush runs regular contests for affiliates, which is an excellent way to earn some money and popularity in the blogging world.
- Easy-to-use dashboard: Impact Radius offers you a beginner-friendly and intuitive dashboard. It’s easy to generate affiliate links, track sales, and do much more.
- Easy payments: The partnership between Semrush and Impact means you receive your commissions upon reaching a low $50 threshold for PayPal. You can also opt to EFT to withdraw your commissions.
Cons of the Semrush Affiliate Program
- High competition: Semrush runs one of the best affiliate programs, so top affiliate marketers and bloggers are already promoting it. The competition makes it hard for beginners to outrank high authority sites already ranking—but it’s not impossible.
- Expensive products: At $119.95 for the starter plan, Semrush is pricey for most small business owners.
- Limited payment methods: Impact only offers PayPal and EFT as their payment options. This can be inconvenient for some marketers.
- A discontinued recurring commission model: Semrush once had a recurring commission structure (BeRush) that awarded affiliates 40% on every sale. While the program continues for some affiliates, it has not been available since October 2020.
- Only the last cookie wins: This is a pro but also a drawback. The structure means you don’t get a commission if a referral uses another link after yours to sign up for a free plan or subscription.
Conclusion: Is the Semrush Affiliate Program Worth It?
The Semrush affiliate program offers tech bloggers several perks that outweigh the cons.
How to Join the Semrush Affiliate Program
The only way to join the Semrush affiliate program is through Impact.
Research the details of the program through the network’s sign-up page using the contract terms to decide if Semrush fits your requirements.
Now, move on to the application process.
Requirements To Join the Semrush Affiliate Program
Before joining the Semrush affiliate program, you must meet the minimum requirements.
The program’s contract terms require that:
- You own and run an active social media account or website with at least 1k followers or traffic per month
- Your niche is in content marketing, enterprise-level SEO, digital marketing, and related topics
- You have an established audience
- You’ll use original content to promote Semrush at least once a week, including blog posts, videos, seminars, and online courses
- You will use Semrush banners, trademarks, content, and images per the guidelines without deviation
- You agree to these terms
How To Apply [Step-by-Step Tutorial]
If you agree to the Semrush affiliate program details, you’re ready to move on to the application phase.
Follow these steps to start:
- Head on over to the Impact network sign-up page.
- Read and accept all the Impact publisher agreements.
- Sign up by providing your full legal name, preferred username, email address, preferred password, and contact number.
- After registration, you should get an email to activate your account.
- Await approval or denial from the network.
- Log into your Impact Dashboard after approval to view or change your profile, payout details, and sales statistics. You also get banners and an affiliate link for promotion.
How Long Does It Take To Get Approved for the Semrush Affiliate Program?
Impact pre-approves all applications.
So, as soon as you activate the account, you can get started in minutes.
Does Semrush Support the Affiliate Program?
The Semrush affiliate program has an amazing support team for every member.
Support includes dedicated affiliate managers who guide you on how to increase your earnings and improve referral experiences.
Semrush also boasts one of the best customer support systems in the industry.
You can market the point to your audience to gain more sales.
How To Make Money With the Semrush Affiliate Program
As a Semrush affiliate program member, creativity is a requirement.
However, adhere to the terms and conditions of the program.
Here are vital dos and don’ts to keep in mind that will increase your earnings through the program.
Do: Conduct Research
Figure out what you want to focus on, your audience persona, and how to reach the people to satisfy their needs.
The idea of making money off of referrals is exciting, but ensure you have your audience’s best interests in mind.
Research the most relevant Semrush features your target audience will use and endorse how they help solve a problem.
Do: Use Effective Marketing Techniques
There are multiple marketing techniques you can use to promote Semrush.
Some effective strategies include using email, social media, and product reviews.
Suppose you want to make a comparison of the best SEO tools on the market.
You might want to write an in-depth review of how Semrush stacks up against others, show how to use it, post it on your website, and market the review using email and social media.
Don’t: Neglect Your Blog or Website
It’s critical your site has fresh content and looks its best.
An active platform helps attract new readers and convert them into Semrush customers.
Also, your site should be easy to navigate and include clear calls to action.
Don’t: Violate Semrush Affiliate Program Terms
When you sign up for the Semrush affiliate marketing campaign, you agree to abide by their terms and conditions.
The terms set out how to promote their products in certain ways and not deliver content that conflicts with marketing material messages.
Violating these conditions can result in being banned from the program and losing your commissions.
Alternatives to the Semrush Affiliate Program
Is Semrush the best option for your content?
If not, here are examples of programs alternative to Semrush but just as rewarding.
1. HubSpot Affiliate Program
Thousands of companies are looking for tools that can help manage the customer experience—all the way from creating awareness to advocacy.
HubSpot can help these businesses achieve better growth via their award-winning CRM platform, which includes marketing, sales, service, CMS, and operations hubs in a single place.
The HubSpot affiliate program rewards you with a recurring commission for up to one year or a flat rate that corresponds to the first month’s revenue for promoting the platform.
The program is suitable if you have a large business audience and want to monetize your content.
2. WordPress Affiliate Program
WordPress.com is a hosted website builder with a free plan for creating sites, online stores, and blogs without much technical knowledge.
Upgrading to paid plans offers more features, so you can do pretty much anything you can imagine.
The WordPress affiliate program offers rewards for promoting WordPress.com, WooCommerce, and Jetpack to your audience.
The invite-only program is open to affiliates who can deliver demonstrated new traffic and sign-ups.
3. Jasper AI Affiliate Program
Jasper AI is a cutting-edge Artificial Intelligence (AI)-based copywriting tool that helps overcome writer’s block and create content faster.
The tool offers users help to get ideas out of their heads and on a page.
The Jasper AI affiliate program offers recurring commissions on all subscriptions, and you can make a substantial income.
This program is suitable for an audience of influencers, professional affiliate marketers, entrepreneurs who offer complementary services, freelancers, consultants, and agencies.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are common questions we encounter from people looking to join the Semrush affiliate program.
Is the Semrush affiliate program legit?
The program has a proven track record spanning over eight years.
Further, Semrush is a leading software in the online marketing sphere with over 40 tools that help online businesses grow.
Is Semrush a Russian company?
Semrush is a publicly traded, US-based company.
The Semrush affiliate program is an excellent opportunity for anyone running websites, blogs, or social media profiles in the digital and online marketing sphere.
The company is a solid option for earning passive income with a proven track record of years.
Its affiliate program is available on Impact and pays $200 per paid subscription.
Does this sound like the right fit for your platform?
If so, fill out the application on Impact and get started today!