Of the 5.16 billion internet users worldwide, 4.76 billion are active on social media. That’s a staggering 92.25% of the total web population.
With this data in mind, using social media marketing tools has become more relevant than ever
It’s no longer just about being trendy. It has become a necessity to ensure your business gets noticed by your target market.
Leveraging social media tools for audience engagement helps create solid branding.
To help you get started, we’ve compiled a list of top-performing social media marketing tools fit for various digital marketing efforts.
- The Best Social Media Marketing Tools (Overview)
- 18 Top Social Media Marketing Tools in 2023
- Advantages of Social Media Marketing Tools
- Tips for Using Social Media Marketing Tools the Right Way
- What to Look for When Choosing Social Media Marketing Tools
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Thoughts
The Best Social Media Marketing Tools (Overview)
We’ve included an overview of our top picks below. For detailed information on each pick, scroll down.
18 Top Social Media Marketing Tools in 2023
The industry has over 30 social media marketing tools, and the number keeps growing.
Our list combines the best listening, publishing, and competitive analysis platforms businesses can use in their campaigns.
Buffer is a long-time player in the social media marketing industry and has maintained high user satisfaction ratings.
It’s one of the most trusted social media scheduling tools and is compatible with most social media platforms.
You can schedule posts, share articles from the web as you go, and track your content performance with its analytics feature.
Its multi-account management feature is also a plus for social media teams who collaborate in different campaigns from time to time.
- Essentials – $6 per month per additional channel
- Team – $12 per month per additional channel (unlimited team members & clients)
- Agency – $120 per month for ten channels (unlimited team members & clients)
All of Buffer’s paid plans come with a 14-day free trial. If you want to start small, you can try its free version, which is limited to three social media channels.
Socialoomph is a social media scheduling tool that’s more popular with Twitter users. Its straightforward interface makes it a favorite for beginners and solopreneurs alike.
While Twitter keyword filtering and follower recommendation features are its strong point, Socialoomph is also compatible with major social media platforms like Facebook, LinkedIn, Discord, and Mastodon.
It also works with blogging sites like Tumblr and WordPress.
You can bulk-upload social posts and assign tags to each to find them easier. From here, you may schedule each at your preferred time zone.
Socialoomph also has an automated publishing limit to ensure you don’t overdo your daily posting.
- Advanced Suite – $15 monthly or $162 annually
- Professional Suite – $25 monthly or $270 annually
- Business Suite – $55 monthly or $594 annually
Socialoomph’s Personal Suite is a free version limited to one social profile. All Socialoomph’s paid plans have a 30-day free trial with no long-term commitment.
Tailwind’s the ideal social media software for Pinterest and Instagram users. It gives users access to a comprehensive hashtag list to reach their target market.
Tailwind doesn’t offer many advanced features and is primarily used for scheduling posts.
However, its simple, drag-and-drop calendar functionality makes it a handy tool for beginners and marketers who want things done with less hassle.
Apart from easy scheduling, one key highlight of this tool is its trends monitoring feature.
It helps you discover what’s popular in your niche, giving you more ideas on the type of content to post next.
- Pro – $10.39 per month billed annually
- Advanced – $15.99 per month billed annually
- Max – $31.99 per month billed annually
Tailwind starts with its Free Forever plan with access to its functionalities but with limits to the number of posts you can schedule in a day. Its paid plans don’t have a free trial.
Canva deserves a spot on our list for being the most popular image-creation tool loved by beginners and experts.
While it’s not a social media management platform, it’s the go-to tool for crafting social media-ready, professional-looking graphics. Its vast selection of pre-made templates, built-in font, and stock image gallery make it easy to create thematic designs for social media campaigns.
Unless you’re skilled in software like Photoshop, there’s no match for Canva’s speed and convenience in creating graphic-based social media posts.
- Canva Pro – $17.99 per month or 164.99 per year
- Canva for Teams – starts at $20.99 per month or 209.90 per year (for first five people)
Canva for Teams varies in pricing depending on the number of people you include. Both paid plans have a 30-day free trial.
If your social media strategy relies on videos, InVideo will not disappoint. Its estimated seven million users across 190 countries can attest to its ability to produce pro-quality videos using single-key shortcuts.
InVideo’s extensive stock photo library is taken from major galleries like Shutterstock and iStock, ensuring you get quality photos fit for your messaging.
It also has an AI-based text editor that converts your script or blog into videos in minutes. You can record and add a voiceover to your video and invite your team to collaborate on a project.
- Business – $15 per month, billed annually
- Unlimited – $30 per month, billed annually
- Lifetime Business – $399 billed once (limited-time offer)
InVideo offers a free plan and a 7-day money-back guarantee for its paid plans.
BuzzSumo is a powerful social media monitoring tool and a top favorite for content marketing research.
It tells you what is trending and helps you discover relevant influencers talking about a topic. This allows you to tap into their vast social media followers through collaborative projects.
One thing marketers love about this tool is its superior profile analysis features that track your competition’s social media posting and provide comprehensive data on which content has the best audience response.
If it’s about research and content idea discovery, BuzzSumo is on top of its league. Its easy-to-navigate interface also makes it a plus for beginners who want powerful social media analytics tools without the technicalities.
- Basic – $95 per month, 1 user
- Content Creation – $199 per month, 5 users
- PR & Comms – $199 per month, 5 users
- Suite – $319 per month, 10 users
- Enterprise – $999 per month, 30 users
The above pricing is based on annual billing, but BuzzSumo offers a monthly payment option for a bigger charge. All plans come with a 30-day free trial.
7. Sprout Social
Sprout Social is an all-in-one social media marketing tool best for team collaboration.
It allows users to manage all their social media accounts from one place and manage all social media engagement levels, from starting a conversation to responding to customer queries.
With its contact management and automated publishing feature, Sprout Social makes an essential social listening tool for agencies running multiple campaigns across their businesses’ social profiles.
Sprout Social also features detailed social media reports like the most used hashtags, a total of public engagements, daily social media performance, and customized post impressions.
- Standard – $249 per month + $199 per month for each additional user
- Professional – $399 per month + $299 per month for each additional user
- Advanced – $499 per month + $349 per month for each additional user
- Enterprise – custom pricing based on custom-built plans
All plans come with a 30-day free trial.
Emplifi is the more powerful rebranding of Socialbakers. It’s best for huge companies with dedicated social media managers working on large-scale campaigns.
With over 20,000 brands on its client list, Emplifi is an established provider of social media marketing services encompassing content publishing, community management, branding reputation, and competitive benchmarking.
Its real-time insights into customer behavior and demography make it a relevant consumer intelligence platform for companies looking to understand customer behavior and make quick marketing decisions.
Emplifi follows custom pricing both for its free trial and paid plans. Users only need to provide their basic info, and the company will assign an Emplifi expert to help you get started with their setup.
Brand24 is a go-to tool for users whose strategy involves influencer marketing and social listening.
This tool shows you what people say about your brand online, which is brilliant for keeping tabs on your market’s satisfaction level.
It also pinpoints relevant influencers with strong influence scores that you can use to assess who you should partner with.
You can customize alerts via email or in-app notifications for any negative comments or discussions about your brand. Its sentiment analysis feature shows customer attitudes and impressions to help you address service areas needing immediate attention.
- Individual – $69 per month, billed annually
- Team – $129 per month, billed annually
- Pro – $179 per month, billed annually
- Enterprise – $349 per month, billed annually
Users can opt for a monthly billing cycle but with a higher price. A 14-day free trial for all plans is available.
Bitly isn’t a standalone social media marketing tool, but if there’s an add-on item marketers want to have in their arsenal, this should be it.
Bitly is a link shortener that allows you to customize links to mirror your brand domains.
This makes your social links look professional and less cluttered. Bitly also encrypts your links to ensure they’re protected from potential tampering.
Bitly can be considered a social media monitoring tool with its ability to track click status, organic shares, and even the locations of your link visitors.
The tool’s also easy to integrate across full-scale marketing tools. Bitly has also expanded to support QR code generation and Link-in-bio creation.
- Starter – $8 per month, billed annually
- Basic – $29 per month, billed annually
- Premium – $199 per month, billed annually
- Enterprise – custom pricing with exclusive features not found in other plans
Bitly doesn’t have a free trial on its paid plans, but it has a free plan featuring bitly-branded links you can use to get started.
Hootsuite is another leading social media marketing tool perfect for companies with a digital presence in different social channels.
This tool allows you to create a social media calendar for each platform and bulk schedule posts in advance to save time.
You can customize social feeds to view posts for editing or approval.
One of Hootsuite’s strongest features is its inbox consolidation which allows you to monitor and respond to conversation threads directly from the platform.
Instead of using multiple devices to address queries from your social media accounts, you can do them all within the tool.
- Professional – $99 per month, 1 user, 10 social profiles
- Team – $249 per month, 3 users, 20 social profiles
- Business – $739 per month, 5 users, 35 social profiles
- Enterprise – custom pricing, starts at 5 users, 50 social profiles
All plans have a 30-day free trial plus 3-month free Linktree Pro access. If you skip the free trial, Hootsuite gives you a 20% discount.
MeetEdgar is the most user-friendly automated social media manager on our list. It’s all about helping you schedule posts and ensuring you don’t run out of material to share online.
MeetEdgar’s most unique feature is its ability to recycle or repurpose your evergreen content.
Whereas other scheduling tools delete your content when they run its course after sharing, this tool keeps it for future content variation.
It also allows you to create categories to group your post according to their sharing channel or purpose.
Its ‘Best time to publish’ feature comes in handy for ensuring you get your content out during peak hours when your readers are likely to see them.
- Eddie Plan – $24.91 per month (5 social accounts)
- Edgar Plan – $41,58 per month (25 social accounts)
Both plans have a 7-day free trial with options for monthly payment, though at a higher price point.
13. Social Metrics Pro
Social Metrics Pro is ideal for WordPress users. It’s an analytics plugin that tracks your content’s likes, pins, and shares from your WordPress dashboard.
This tool also allows you to sort your data to identify which posts perform well and those with minimal audience interaction. Users can filter by categories, date published, post type, and authors.
Since it’s built for WordPress, integration with built-in and other external widgets is easy.
This allows you to maximize its reporting features by pairing it with tools that display the status tracker on your admin tab or sidebar.
- Single-site – $27 one-off fee
- Unlimited – $47 one-off fee
As with most plugins, this doesn’t have any free trial. However, developers offer a 60-day full money-back guarantee for both plans.
Feedly is one of the most popular content curation tools in the industry. It fits all business sizes and is easy to use, even for beginners.
Feedly is a perfect match if you’re all about finding your niche’s hottest topics and trends. It gets insights from various sources like news websites, blogs, forums, and social media.
Its AI-powered filtering feature makes sorting and organizing information based on your preferred topics easier.
Once you’ve set up your preferences, you can put them in categories and share access with your team before embedding any of them in your marketing strategy.
- Pro – $6 per month
- Pro+ – $8.25 per month
- Enterprise – custom pricing with free trial upon request
Feedly’s plans are billed annually.
NapoleonCat is an official Meta Partner, which makes it an ideal social media marketing tool for businesses with Facebook and Instagram profiles.
However, its integration supports other popular social media platforms like Twitter, LinkedIn, and Youtube.
NapoleonCat helps users manage their social inbox in one place, making monitoring and replying to followers easier.
Its shareable calendar allows seamless content publishing, especially for users with multiple approval workflows.
As a social intelligence tool, NapeleonCat can track content performance and provide competitor analysis report to help you align your strategies with your industry’s best practices.
- Standard – $25.82 monthly, billed annually
- Pro – $63.31 monthly, billed annually
- Custom – custom pricing
All plans have a 14-day free trial and an option for monthly payment at a higher price point.
SmarterQueue is a full-service social media scheduling platform with monitoring and engagement features.
It supports evergreen recycling to repurpose top-performing content and allows customized posting plans for each of your categories.
Its text and media variations feature ensures unique and engaging content curation that fits the language of the different social media platforms.
Its monitoring capabilities include hashtag analysis, brand mentions tracking, and competitor profile analysis.
- Custom – custom pricing
- Solo – $24.99 per month, billed annually + $7 per add-on profile
- Business – $42.99 per month, billed annually + $5 per add-on profile
- Agency – $84.99 per month, billed annually + $4 per add-on profile
All plans have a 14-day free trial and options for monthly payment at a higher price.
Upfluence is a tool built for influencer marketing. It helps businesses look for established online personalities who fit the brand’s identity and are willing to promote it using their platforms.
Unlike most tools that leave you to play around with the features and use them independently, Upfluence partners you with a team of experts who help create strategies, campaigns, and execution centering on influencers.
From connecting with the right influencer to tracking sales and paying them, Upfluence establishes a workflow that everyone on your team can track.
Upfluence has three plans but doesn’t advertise any fixed price. You can contact their sales team to get a custom quote for each.
Statusbrew is another all-rounder social media marketing tool that handles publishing, monitoring, and engaging with followers from a single platform.
Its intricate but easy-to-use workflows are helpful additions to marketing teams with multiple collaborators. You can set up permissions and approvals and create user groups for easier task delegation.
Statusbrew also features an intuitive Asset Manager and Content Planner that helps you view multiple strategies across social media platforms.
You can then view social graphs featuring key metrics that affect the ROI of your marketing strategies.
- Lite – $69 per month, billed annually
- Standard – $129 per month, billed annually
- Premium – $229 per month, billed annually
- Enterprise – custom pricing
All plans have a 7-day free trial.
Advantages of Social Media Marketing Tools
Getting noticed online is both easy and difficult. On one side, you can create content like catchy social media graphics and share it online whenever you want.
On the other hand, you are competing with the rest of the web creators, crafting synonymous messages with more diverse strategies.
For businesses, getting noticed by their target market is never random, and that’s where marketing tools come into play.
By investing in appropriate and reliable social media marketing tools, users like you can enjoy the following advantages:
- Drives Traffic: Social media marketing helps you reach more audiences using multiple social media accounts simultaneously. Repurposing your social media content to fit a platform gives you better chances of attracting followers using that tool.
- Increases Brand Awareness and Authority: With a quality social media management tool, you can produce more content at a pre-determined time. This makes your brand more visible to people of all ages, especially those who directly benefit from the information you share.
- Enhances Niche Authority: With consistent and timely sharing comes the opportunity to build your brand’s authority. People trust web creators who consistently provide value using different social media posts like graphics, videos, and articles.
- Creates and Builds Customer Relationships: Social media marketing makes you relevant to your followers by being present. Well-crafted strategies always have room for feedback and analysis, where you can assess and communicate with customers to address their needs better.
- Saves You Time: Investing in a social media marketing tool helps you automate tasks like scheduling, posting, editing, inbox management, and more. Essentially, you can manage multiple social media accounts faster and more accurately.
Tips for Using Social Media Marketing Tools the Right Way
Social media management is dynamic. It’s tied to your goals and has specific benchmarks that measure its efficiency over time.
While social media marketing campaigns vary across different companies, there are general tips you can use to get the best out of all social media platforms you choose to promote.
Spend Time Strategizing
Social media marketing strategy is the backbone of everything you want to accomplish for your campaigns.
It’s why you need time to think this through to ensure that every step leads toward your goals.
Strategizing provides you with the pathway to achieving your goals using social media tools and platforms that align with the preferences of your target audience.
Decide on the Right Social Media Channels
Sometimes, the major social media platforms aren’t the best areas to focus your campaigns on.
Platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter may look like the ideal options based on their number of active users, but what about your target audience?
Get to know your market’s social media habits and choose the social platforms where they often hang out.
Practice Social Listening
This reinforces your knowledge of your ideal customer. By listening and reading chatters online, you’ll get a better idea of the topics that interest them, the issues that gain their attention, and the products they often consume.
Paired with a quality social media listening tool, you can curate content in ways that speak the tone of your market. This also helps you generate content ideas for succeeding social posts.
Gain Insights through Competitor Analysis
To stand out amidst the competition, you must know what they’re doing, learn from it, and create something better.
While many marketers talk about creating original content for social media, there’s a limit to the number of raw materials and ideas you can work on in a given time frame. Nobody has a monopoly on time, and your consumers won’t wait.
More often than not, your competitors are your main source of information about what works and what doesn’t.
All it takes are detailed analytics and timely strategy execution.
Engage in Social Conversations
Becoming an authority in your niche requires your digital presence.
You are building trust in your industry by responding to queries, addressing your followers’ concerns, and crafting social media content that readers can relate to.
Focus on Providing Value
Social media management tools can drive traffic, but only to a certain extent.
Without quality content ideas that provide value to your followers, the initial lead volume garnered by your social media campaign will decline.
When creating strategies, always center them on what you can provide your audience. What problem are you trying to solve? How are you solving it differently than the rest of your competition?
Content may be king, but it’s consistency that keeps its crown. Always remember that social channels are packed with fresh, valuable information round-the-clock.
You must follow a routine if you’re serious about getting an edge against your competitors.
Study your market and discover the days and hours they will scour the web. The best way to get noticed is to share something when they’re browsing.
Don’t mistake consistency for blind sharing of social media posts at random hours.
There’s a balanced mix of art and science in all social media efforts. Be strategic in your consistency.
What to Look for When Choosing Social Media Marketing Tools
The best tools will fit most social media platforms, so find those that match your online profile.
Before subscribing, always consider looking at the following features:
- Team collaboration tools: If you work in groups, choose a tool that supports multi-user management features. This ensures timely curation, editing, and approval of your posts before they go live online.
- Analytics: The only way to know if your social media strategies are working is to get accurate data reporting from real-time engagement insights. Tools with comprehensive analytics feature is an advantage for all business sizes.
- Integrations: The more compatible the software is with third-party monitoring and communication apps, the better. Alternatively, choose full-service tools that already have all your marketing strategy needs.
- Cost: Consider your need and budget. Tools with extensive features are attractive but are often built with large-scale enterprises in mind. If you’re a solopreneur or startup, it may be more practical to skip the advanced features and focus on those that directly help smaller-scale operations.
- Service features: What functionalities do you need? Do you want social media designing tools, a scheduler, or a social media manager? Strategizing helps reveal the features you need from these tools, so invest in planning to get the specifics.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Social Media Marketing for Everyone?
Social media marketing isn’t for everyone despite its popularity and proven efficiency. Whether or not it fits your business relies on multiple factors, such as your target audience’s behavior and your company’s readiness to commit.
While automation tools make social media usage easier, it still involves personal effort, particularly in planning.
Content creation requires research and collaboration, and unless you’re willing to understand the process and do a bit of legwork, social media marketing can overwhelm you.
Who Should Use Social Media Marketing Tools?
People who own social media accounts can use these media marketing tools.
Identifying your goals is an easy way to know if you should invest time and money in them.
If your market is using social media, and you want to attract their attention, subscribing to a tool is worth considering.
But granted that the most advanced features of these social media automation tools are costly, an individual might not find it practical.
Social media marketing tools benefits entities like digital marketing agencies, entrepreneurs, startup businesses, influencers, and anyone looking at a measurable ROI for their promotion costs.
What is the Best Social Media Marketing Tool?
This depends on what you require from it. Social media marketing tools vary in their strengths and main features.
If you want something that manages regular content posting online, use tools with a built-in social media calendar.
If you’re all about research and performance tracking, then social media analytics must be a primary feature to look for.
Getting noticed on social media platforms requires a collaborative effort. But with the fast-paced environment in the digital arena, keeping up with what matters to your market can be challenging.
Using social media monitoring tools is an efficient way to automate most tasks. With our comprehensive list covering all areas of social media marketing, you’ll have enough options to get started.