Did you know that 70% of buyers read 4 or more articles before buying from a website?
Related blog posts and resources:
Content marketing is extremely crucial to build a profitable blog in 2017.
If you are ignoring your content, you are ignoring your sales. It’s as simple as that.
Did you know that marketers are spending $44 billion on content marketing? It gives you the best ROI.
In this detailed article, we’ll discuss about few foolproof content marketing strategies you can use to grow your website sales and traffic in 2017 and beyond.
#1. Short Content is Dead
Gone are the days when you can get more traffic from Google by posting daily on your blogs.
Google is rewarding the sites with long form of content and punishing those sites with thin and mediocre content.
You don’t need to publish every single day. But make sure to publish only when your content is extremely useful for your audience. Be consistent with your posting schedule.
Above all, consider publishing long form of articles (with 2000 to 3000 words). Yes, that sounds insane but it works like a charm.
But there’s a problem. How do you create long form of content consistently?
If you don’t have any budget for content marketing, here are few quick tips to create engaging content.
- Research is the key. Do keyword research for your content first. Find long tail keywords that your audience are looking for.
- Before you even start writing, select the right topic that interests your audience. Use tools like Buzzsumo to find popular topics in your industry.
- Search for long-tail keywords to keep killer title. 80% of the people read headlines first. So, whether your rest of the article is read by the readers or not depends on it.
- Make sure to use your primary keywords while writing.
- In the main body content, use headlines. Never write lengthy paragraphs. They are dead. A paragraph should be of 3 to 4 lines that’s it not more than that. In every headline, address questions like what it is all about? Why it is important? How to do it? etc.
#2. Use long tail keywords
In order to grow your Google traffic, use long tail keywords in your post title. It brings more visitors to your site. Just because you use long tail keywords doesn’t mean it lists you post in first search results. Experts say, 60% of the organic clicks come from top 3 search results. Getting top 3 search results is NOT hard if you use long tail keywords
Using long tail keywords can really pump up your content marketing, website sales and traffic.
How to frame long-tail keywords that works?
Spend quality time in researching keywords with low competition. Long tail keywords are usually four word phrases or more. The longer it is, easier to rank.
- Take the short keyword of your niche. Saying “Marketing”. Now, search in Google Keyword Planner and traverse to keyword ideas. It will display few searches, again take up one and again search repeatedly till you get 4 word phrases.
- Use Soovle tool to get long-tail keywords for your niche blog.
- Not satisfied? There is yet another powerful tool that gives you lot many keyword suggestions. It is If you can afford money, then use scrapebox tool. It gives fantastic results for your niche blog.
- Looking for free and powerful tool for keyword research? Then give a try to keyword tool.
#3. Know your audience to build an online brand
If you don’t know about your target audience well, you are mostly like to fail in content marketing. Building a brand is the key to online success.
Consider branding as your image as a whole.
This encompasses many things like your website, logo, images, content, tone of voice and more.
But you need to create and design branding materials with your audience and target customer in mind for them to be effective. For example, the common misconception is that these branding assets have to be expensive.
What’s more important is they capture the attention of the right people: your target audience. Feel free to use a cost-effective logo maker or generator or build your website with a theme. The price tag doesn’t matter. What matters is focusing on the message your branding is sending to potential customers.
Also focus on your writing style. Read great books. Read Copyblogger articles. Develop a unique writing tone. It could be formal or funny or engaging or professional or anything.
So, you need to understand your ideal reader. By doing so, you can easily sell any product in future. So you need to observe this right from the day you started blogging.
How you can do this?
- Observe your competitor sites. How? Go to SEMrush and type your niche keyword. It will display your competitor site URLs.
- Now, you need to analyze each of your competitor’s site urls. How? Go to Openlinkprofiler, and give one site url in analyze backlinks box. You can check how many backlinks they use in their blog.
- Once you analyze this, you must know where they got these links. You can check this also from above link.
- Now, the trick is how you do link building from those links? Find broken links. You can find it using broken link checker tools. There are lot many available you can use any. Specify url in the tool and it displays the list of dead links. Once you find it, contact the site owner and email about this. If they could include your link, it fetches readers to your site. It is hard but if you contact 10 site owners, at least 3 will favour you. Think in that way and give a try.
#4. Revive your old blog posts
The content in your blog should be refreshing and valuable every time.
It doesn’t which industry you are in, if you are not regularly updating your posts with fresh content, chances that you may lose audience. The traffic you get either through referrals or search engine. When visitors lands on one of your old blog posts and find outdated information, what happens? You will lose a valuable subscriber or visitor.
By keeping your old blog posts updates, you can turn your reader to visitor and then to subscriber. Google always update its algorithm. So, there are good chances that your site might get penalised.
So, what type of changes you can make?
- Check for grammatical mistakes first. It is needed because when we first write content and perform proofreading, it looks appealing to our eyes. Now, read the same old blog post after some months or year, you will find silly grammatical mistakes and you yourself finds outdated.
- Use relevant images and rename it for search engine friendly.
- While editing your blog posts, link to your new posts. This is one good way to increase internal linking in your blog.
- Find out what keywords are really helping for the post to rank high. How? Use SEMrush.
- Check whether you filled meta description for your old blog posts. If not, do it now.
- Every now and then moderate comments on your blog posts.
That being said, how to choose the posts that needs an update?
- Identify the posts that performed well by using blog analytics. Observe number of views for the specific post.
- Check the number of shares in social media. How you can do this? Use Moz Checker
While updating old blog posts, what are the cautions to take?
- Keep the URL same. Don’t change it.
- You may change the title but make sure that you keep the keywords.
- Review meta-description for each post. If you can make it better, do it.
Now, track the post performance. Check how it’s performed before and after updating the content.
#5. Interview other bloggers
Doing an interview with influential bloggers helps you to get backlinks to your site.
Never assume that bloggers are free all the time. They are damn busy. They are very selective of their time. So, you should come up with an interview that is unique.
Analyze these first:
- Will your audience be interested in reading this interview?
- If you think they can explain so and so topic very brilliantly, then ask it.
- If you can make them talk surprising news, it would be better. Frame such questions for interview.
#6. Use Q & A platforms like Quora
Millions of people are using question and answer platforms like like Quora, Yahoo, StackExchange etc. Try to participate in such sites to boost your content marketing results. My buddy Ryan Biddulph has also recently joined Quora and actively writing about blogging related topics. He knows the importance of using a rapid growing platform like Quora to find new audience.
You can use these sites to help your target audience while getting traffic to your own sites. You can follow these tips for promoting your content across these sites.
- Follow the influencers on Quora. Analyze their answers. Find out how they are getting more upvotes.
- Start answering to few relevant questions that match your blog topics.
- While answering the questions, include relevant links to your blog site. But don’t self-promote.
If your readers find your answers informative, they will automatically check your blog links.
#7. Use compelling Infographics: they attract HUGE links
One image is better than 1000 words. Don’t you agree with it? Images always speak louder. You can’t imagine how much targeted organic traffic it can bring to your blog site.
How it helps in growing your Google traffic?
- Human brains process visual based content 60,000 times faster than text-based content. Animations or visuals grab the attention of any reader. It takes time to create an infographic but it’s worth it. Check out this article by Neil Patel to know more about the importance of Infographics. Just see the number of social media shares for this post. Mind blowing. Isn’t it?
Now, you may be thinking of how to get viral Infographic topic idea?
- Come up with unique stories that can touch your readers emotionally. Again that should be related to your blog niche. Even if you can take up the existing stories and write uniquely in your voice, it works too.
- Check for trending topics in your blog niche.
- If you see people debating on so and so topic, then you can take up that too. For example, everyone wants to start a business with zero investment. You can raise an interesting post like, “How on earth anyone can start business without single penny?”.
- Check what content is doing well in other websites. You can get more topic ideas from the sites where documents are shared often. There are thousands of such websites.
Some more tips while creating infographics.
- Instead of just going around with your personal opinion, point out or reference to any statistical data. By doing so, it also increases trust among readers.
- Give a killer as well as keyword rich headline.
- Instead of writing long messages, make sub-headlines.
- Use bullet styling in infographics when you are addressing the facts.
- Make your infographics easy for embedding so that it increases social media shares.
- If you are writing posts like “7 tips to lose belly fat”, then you must number each item in your infographic list.
- If you wish to use numbers in the title, then use odd numbers in title. Odd numbers always outperform better than even numbers.
- Always link back to your site in infographics to get more visibility in search engines.
Over to you
Content marketing is all about creating engaging content to educate your audience about the products and services you offer. If you want to boost your search traffic and sales, develop a content marketing strategy.
Do you have any more tips? Share your thoughts in the comments.
How Can You Turn Criticism into Blogging Profits?
I wrote an entire eBook on lessons I learned from critics:
Related blog posts and resources:
As you see greater blogging success, you get criticized.
No blogger avoids criticism.
Learning how to convert nasty criticism into blogging profits helps you be a highly successful blogger.
Imagine someone tossing big rocks at you.
Fools step in front of the rocks, injuring themselves.
Idiots catch the rocks and throw said rocks back at folks, wasting precious time and energy on rock tossing morons.
Wise humans avoid the rocks, allowing the stones to reach terra firma, and build a castle from all the granite-type rocks tossed their way.
Highly successful, happy bloggers are like wise humans; building something meaningful and profitable from inevitable criticism, versus taking criticism personally (stepping in front of rocks) or fighting critics (throwing rocks back at rock throwers).
I wrote 2 eBooks on the topic.
In addition to the prior eBook I also wrote:
Observe the product page.
I profit through an:
- eBook version
- audio book version
- paperback version
- mass market paperback version
of the topic.
I make money through 4 income streams based on teaching folks how to profit through blogging criticism.
How can you convert criticism into coin?
Follow these tips.
Breathe Deeply and Relax
- fight criticism
- feel the sting of criticism
- feel embarrassed about being criticized
- fight critics
- go into a shell after being criticized
Breathe deep. Relax.
Feel energies and emotions in reaction to being criticized.
Release said energies.
Be calm, confident and poised.
Establish the proper energy for profiting through criticism.
Criticism is a projection of individual; we see ourselves in others.
100% of the time, critics speak 100% of themselves, not you, through their criticism.
Knowing this, you do not take criticism personally. Ditto for gaining clarity in all you do, blogging-wise.
I reacted with anger, annoyance, embarrassment and shame on reading my first few 1 star audio book reviews. Turns out, those fear-based feelings needed to be addressed and released for me to generate more income through audio books.
Increased profits flow to bloggers who feel clear on income channels.
Being criticized forces you to face, embrace and release fears concerning income channels, said clearing resulting in clarity and greater sales.
If you react negatively to criticism, the reaction suggests you have fears to feel and clear regarding the criticism. Clearing these negative energies allows more profits to flow through the income streams because fear strangles income while clarity increases income.
Convert Criticism into Tangible Products
Turn hate into create.
Convert criticism into tangible profits.
Note my 2 eBooks, my audio book and paperback.
Create an online course to help your readers process criticism.
Strike while the iron feels hot; create immediately after receiving criticism to allow your prolific ideas to flow.
Add a price tag.
See Problems and Profit in Projection
- blog posts
- guest posts
based on critical projections bandied about by critics.
Critics may or may not see errors in their ways.
This was from my 2 month trip to Oman.
I just stress how criticizing promotes their failure, strangles success and prolongs misery and suffering, based on my content.
If critics wake up and read, these folks become likely readers, fans, customers and clients, because if I solved their problems for free I can solve their problems for pay.
Profit through the Discipline of Detached Observation
Observing feelings from a detached, calm, confident energy versus reacting to feelings is a skill most millionaires cultivate.
What better way can you develop this skill than by reading and processing criticism without reacting to your emotions?
Wealthy bloggers observe knee jerk reactions in their being, feel energies, release, and proceed to profit. You see immense patience, persistence, poise and profiting. But the blogger just watches, feels and releases, versus reacting.
Move Up the Energetic Ladder into More Prospering, Higher Circles by Ignoring Critics
Critics vibe from a fear-based, lower, poverty conscious energy.
Ignore these folks to rocket higher in blogging circles, toward a loving, prosperity conscious, profitable energy.
I made blogging friends in high places by completely ignoring lower energy folks, some of whom criticized me and my blog.
Starve lower energies.
Make room for higher energies.
Profit, free yourself and see increasing blogging success.
What Do You Sell and How Do You Sell It?
One easy way to make money blogging is to get clear on calling folks to buy your stuff and hire you.
Related blog posts and resources:
Invest in my blogging course.
Advertise on my blog.
See how easy?
I clearly call you to invest.
Simply put, knowing what you sell and how you sell it increases your blogging profits because people respond to your energy.
Prior lines? Each feels clear and comfortable to me. I know what I offer. Of course I know how I offer it. How, meaning, how I feel offering.
Imagine feeling light, airy, calm, confident and detached as you call readers to buy or hire. Money feelings. Good.
But imagine feeling heavy, resistant, uncomfortable, awkward or embarrassed calling readers to buy or hire.
Your greatest pro blogging success occurs by shifting from heavy to light during money calls.
Or feeling light, airy, detached and clear on calls because you freely share what you sell and sell with clarity results in big blogging profits.
I note a spike in audio book sales and reviews. Of course I barely touched my audio books over 3 years. I generate almost completely passive income; the audio books sell themselves.
After seeing royalty payments recently I pondered the passive blogging income; I barely actively sell ‘em so the what and how seems non-existent. But detaching just lets what and how unfold gracefully and beautifully, resulting in virtually complete passive income.
This was from my trip to Bali.
Getting almost 100% clear on what and how results in ever increasing, passive profits.
Blogging is energy.
Imagine feeling clear on receiving money from someone. You just accept it.
A friend buys lunch. You cheerily accept.
Your energy dictates you clearly accept and enjoy the money or purchase.
Ditto for blogging income streams. Emit the same clear, relaxed, accepting, receiving energy. Money flows to you thru clear streams. Of course my audiobooks sell passively; I am clear on that channel.
Boosting your blogging profits requires you freely offer what you sell and sell from a clear, confident, abundant, knowing, detached energy.
Example; note how I include 1 or more calls to action for all blog posts and videos. I offer what I sell freely. My readers never need guess. Clarity. No hiding or awkwardness or discomfort. I am clear. I sell.
How do I sell? Of course, from a calm, clear, confident, knowing I am successful energy. Naturally, I sell and profit because my energy around what and how feels clear to me.
Next Level Profits
Profit like top bloggers in your niche.
Get clear on receiving money.
Visualize yourself owning ample money. Feel rich.
I enjoy counting money in mind so it feels real to me. Swiftly, I make money through iTunes, Bitcoin and Quora, as has been the case recently.
Bitcoin and Quora are neither directly related to blogging but so goes money; it cares not channels, it justs finds bloggers clear on receiving money. Plus my blogging related profits increase too.
Picturing your wealth serves you because what feels real in mind flows into your experience.
Money and worldly success find you through profitable ideas, people and circumstances.
Execute the ideas from a chill, relaxed energy. Profit.
Freely offer what you offer. Promote yourself through every blog post and video. Tell us what you sell; we want to buy it. Sell with clarity. Know success and profits are yours; promote with clarity, detachment and a knowing that you already have profits because mind owns profits.
Blogging Is Not That Hard for Mind Scientists
Every day, my email inbox delights me.
My visualization sessions yield fascinating, profitable opportunities.
As within, so without.
Blogging is not that hard at all for bloggers who visualize success, who feel rich, who count their blogging wins and who keep things positive.
Success follows success-focused bloggers.
Profits follow rich-feeling, riches-seeing bloggers.
As within, so without.
Get clear on selling and receiving money.
How to Be an Organized Blogger
Do you feel 100% organized?
Related blog posts and resources:
If so you are on the ball.
But if you need direction I have tips for you.
I sit in Manila now. I write my 2nd blog post today at the airport.
Bloggers success-focused make time to blog because this crowd organizes their blog and self effectively.
How to Be an Organized Blogger
I see my success vision. Being organized is easy.
Organizing your blogging day makes blogging easy. Imagine everything lining up perfectly. Welcome to my day.
No matter what happens I proceed from calm confidence.
Let’s dive in.
Invest Money in Blogging Resources
Invest money in my 11 Fundamentals of Successful Blogging Audio Course.
Live your dreams by organizing yourself effectively.
My course outlines 11 steps to follow to succeed. Feel organized, orderly and clear by following each fundamental. Easy peasy.
Imagine me laying out what you need to do to succeed with your blog. Doesn’t that feel good? Don’t you feel clear, confident and organized, knowing I give you 11 steps to succeed?
Blogging resources from top pros organize your thoughts, feelings and actions. Invest in my course. Buy a blueprint. Be organized.
Visualize Your Dreams
Dream big dreams.
Visualize your dreams to be organized.
Dreaming big dreams creates order in your mind. Thoughts flow smoothly, calmly and confidently to you. Imagine how organized you’d feel as thoughts flow smoothly through your mind.
Seeing your dreams in vivid detail alerts you; you have it. Dreams preview life experience.
Knowing your dream flows to you, you blog from an organized, calm, confident, detached, knowing energy.
Add as many details to your mental picture as possible. I make my vision feel real to be organized, efficient and effective.
Blog from a Calm, Detached, Knowing Energy
Everything is energy.
Organized bloggers blog from a calm, detached, knowing energy.
I am relaxed sitting in an airport in the Philippines now. No worry, no stress, no hurry, no disorganized, jumbled thoughts.
This was from my 5 week trip to Turkey.
Take a deep breath. Slow down. Calm down. Success finds you as you blog from an organized, relaxed energy.
Do Only a Few Things
I blog organized because my mind races not in 100 directions with 100 things to do.
I sell my course.
I sell my audio books.
I write blog posts, broadcast videos and comment on blogs.
Bloggers organize their day effectively by doing only a few things.
No sense adding disorganized chaos by trying to master many disciplines. Impossible, anyway, because where your energy goes, grows. Give energy to 10 disciplines and none grow. Of course you become disorganized too, trying to wear many hats. But doing a few things only ensures you see rapid growth in those few areas.
This is why people call me the king of guest posting, the king of blog commenting and I landed a featured on John Chow Dot Com as a live video blogger to follow.
Care for Your Mind and Body
I do 90 minutes of yoga daily plus I exercise for 60 minutes daily.
Taking care of mind and body helps me be organized because feeling good leads to organization.
Highly successful bloggers take care of their mind and body to reach the top of their niche. Walk. Meditate. Do deep yin yoga.
Self care leads to self organization.
Beware Robotic Practical Tips
I am organized whether I check email once daily, once every 2 days or 30 times daily. Makes no difference. I am an energetic being of feelings, not a mindless robot.
Never organize your blogging day based on robotic, practical tips because said tips may not work for you.
Organize yourself and your blog by listening to your intuition before all else.
You may vibe with 1 or 4 of the above tips. Listen to the voice within. Take what works for you.
Observe Top Bloggers Closely
Top bloggers offer you clues for better organizing.
Some top pros only read 1-2 sentence emails and ignore all else. Doing so reduces all unclear noise in his inbox and keeps him organized.
I learned how to be organized by studying the most organized bloggers on earth; the big dawgs.
Learn from the best to be effective, efficient and organized.
Being an organized blogger takes practice but all practice leads toward greater success.
I never could circle the globe and succeed online if I was not organized.
Order your thoughts.
Order your feelings.
Organize your mind.
All begins from within.
Organizing begins with organized thoughts and feelings.
Enjoy the blogging ride.
Search Blogging Tips
Blogging3 years ago
6 Tools For Boosting Content Marketing Results Over The Holidays
Blogging8 months ago
113 Bloggers share their Favorite Email Marketing Tools
Blogging2 years ago
6 Steps for How I Nabbed 6500 Comments on My Blog
Search Engine Optimisation3 years ago
7 SEO Analysis Tools Every Blogger Needs to Know
Blogging12 years ago
CoComment – The new way to track blog comments
Blogging2 years ago
How to Become a Nimble Blogger
Blogging2 years ago
How to Start a Fashion Blog in 8 Simple Steps
Blogging2 years ago
57 Must-Read Books For Entrepreneurs Recommended by Entrepreneurs